[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where are all the VR threads? It was supposed to be the next
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: 1.jpg (255 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
255 KB, 1920x1080
Where are all the VR threads?

It was supposed to be the next big thing.
>>
Big surprise, it was a shit gimmick
>>
>Where are all the VR threads?
They're with all the great VR games.
>>
>>337267473
>GONNA REVOLUTIONIZE GAYMIN
>EVEN THOUGH PEOPLE GET MOTION SICK IF THEY HAVE TO MOVE IN GAME WHILE WEARING IT, SO IT WILL BE SOLELY COCKPIT SIMS AND STANDING IN PLACE SIMS ONLY

Yeah, nah. Was only ever going to be a gimmick while such limitations are in place.
>>
File: yawinningson.webm (963 KB, 404x592) Image search: [Google]
yawinningson.webm
963 KB, 404x592
>>337267473
Giantbomb killed it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ0JTkBZdyw
>>
>>337269170

If you actually like cockpit sims then it's more then just a gimmick.

I've been saying since the thing was first announced that it would only be good for those things. Who the fuck thought it would have other utility?
>>
I'm waiting to see if Fove is going to be any good.
>>
File: 1431449831003.png (256 KB, 434x497) Image search: [Google]
1431449831003.png
256 KB, 434x497
>>337267473
With a one thousand dollar price tag and no companies making games and very few mod options at the moment, it's going to be a while before it picks up.
>>
>>337267473
>Where are all the VR threads?
On reddit, probably.
>>
PSVR will bring about the VR threads, especially when they patch it in to DOAX3. Until then it's locked to hobbyists and people who aren't running a budget build pc
>>
>>337269340
I watch this video daily.

"Greetings programs. It's time for biodigital jazz."

"... Ahhhhhhhhrgggggggg........ Viiiirtual realityyyyyyy."

I probably could listen to this on loop and never get tired of hearing it.
>>
File: mech_by_alex_ichim-d7bq393[1].jpg (154 KB, 1239x645) Image search: [Google]
mech_by_alex_ichim-d7bq393[1].jpg
154 KB, 1239x645
>>337269587
i've been thinking the same this too
it would be great for games where you're piloting in the cockpit but so far theres only that eve valkyrie game

also where the fuck are the mech games? would be a perfect time for a resurgence
>>
VR plus Dystopia2
>>
>>337271035
with the exact same crt tv filter
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.