[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How shit is the Dark Souls 1 pc port?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: ds1.jpg (32 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
ds1.jpg
32 KB, 460x215
How shit is the Dark Souls 1 pc port?
>>
>>337265221
It's pretty bad, but perfectly playable if you install DSfix and use a gamepad instead of KB+M controls.
>>
>>337265221
bad, but still better than the console version
>>
it's not bad if you have a controller and install DSfix. other than that it's fine just be careful with 60 FPS because it messes with the game which is quite stupid
>>
you don't have to install some gay ass malware to play it, the port is fine
>>
Complete ass but if you install DSfix and use a controller it becomes the best version.
Only thing worse than consoles is the fact that hackers on PC are more common than consoles and can get use malicious hacks.
>>
It's not good, but it's no Saints Row 2 either. DSfix on a modern PC can run it just fine at 60fps. Mouse support is bad even with DSMfix, get a controller.
>>
>>337265221
Vanilla DS for the PC is "bad" the same ways it was "bad" on console.
>>
>>337265391
This. The only issue I've encountered with unlocked FPS is when you press "reverse hollowing" too quickly after sitting down at a bonfire. You have to wait until the fog dissipates or you'll be stuck.
>>
>>337265221
It's okay with DSfix, don't unlock the frame rate though, it has glitches and makes your jumps shorter among other stupid things.

I actually want to get it for PS3 too just to have a physical copy. But either way as long as you don't have a toaster you should be good with the PC version.
>>
>>337265670
I remember blightown having a huge fps drop. Is this the same kind of problem i am going to face with the pc version?
>>
>>337265637
>Only thing worse than consoles is the fact that hackers on PC are more common than consoles and can get use malicious hacks.
There's hackers on consoles and there's nothing like PVP Watchdog
>>
>>337265794
Yeah, but you don't need much hardware to bruteforce it.
>>
>>337265794
I only got FPS drops when transitionning between areas
>>
>game is intended to play at 30 fps
>lol you should install this patch that literally breaks the game and disrupts the gameplay
>>
>>337265794
You'll drop to 45 fps on PC instead of 15 fps.
>>
>>337266158
>game is meant to be unplayable
ok
>>
File: a.png (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
a.png
8 KB, 200x200
>>337265579
>>
>>337266158
Dsfix also unlocks the resolution and can apply several other graphical effects. Even if the framerate is unlocked hitting backspace will toggle it between 30 and 60. Doing that before you need to slide down a ladder or jump across a gap will pretty much remove any side effects from 60fps.
>>
I played it unmodded with only a keyboard, not even a mouse
It was pretty shit but I got used to it
>>
>>337265731
My DaS just crashes when I set the FPS to 60
>>
>>337265794
That's only really a problem if you run it on a toaster. I got a silky smooth stable 30 fps the whole game on my semi-decent comp. I'd also advise against unlocking the framerate as it causes quite a few bugs. Certain ladders will kill you if you try to slide down them, jumps don't go as far, etc at 60 fps.
>>337265797
I'm not saying there's no hackers on consoles just that I've never been cursed in one hit by any that I've met like on PC. You just get the standard near-infinite hp/equip load SL1 twinks with 99 in every stat.
>>337266158
The patch also allows you to change the resolution, HUD opacity, skip the developer logos, and a lot more.
>>
>>337266158
The only two problems that arise are some jumps going squirrely and sliding down ladders having a chance of clipping you through the ground and falling into the void.

So it's about as bad as your average Bethesda game.
>>
>>337265391
>60fps
>sliding down a ladder because you're lazy
>sweating bullets whether you're going to phase through the terrain or not
they're right, this game does make you anxious
>>
>>337266158
There's a fix for getting stuck on the bonfire, the shorter jump only affects unintended shortcuts like Lower Burg, which you can toggle back to 30fps by pressing a key anyway, and clipping on stairs is very rare and gives you plenty of time to quit out and be safe. There's really no point staying at 30.
>>
>>337266839
>press backspace to toggle back to 30fps
>proceed to slide down ladder
>turn it back on

Was that so hard?
>>
>>337267015
>Was that so hard?
yeah but it's tedious and you don't have to do that when playing on console
>>
>>337267015
It's not hard, just annoying. If From could figure out how to fucking code then it wouldn't be an issue in the first place. They did the same thing in DaS2 and the PC version was broken until almost the last patch of the game.
Least DaS3 seems to work alright on PC so far.
>>
>>337266839
Whut? I have 90 hours played on DS1 and i've never had anything like that happen
>>
>>337267308
You don't have to play it 60 fps either, but at least you have that option on PC.
>>
>>337267443
Makes me wish for an engine port.
>>
>>337267529
so basically you are saying that it's ok if the game is unplayable on pc without mods if you can press backspace to make it sometimes playable and then it's worse than console
>>
>>337267672
When did I say it's unplayable without mods? The vanilla game on PC has the same amount of playability as the console version. Please, project harder.
>>
Completely unplayable.

Sub-30fps when I can get 240fps in cs:go
>>
>>337267471
If I remember right only the longer ladders do it. I think the one after the Taurus Demon and one in Blighttown or the Great Hollow will drop you outta the map if you slide down at 60 fps.
>>337267671
I think a Dark Souls Remaster would be great. Put it on BB/DaS3's engine, turn the graphics up to high, and fix some of the bugs the game still has and I'd buy it.
>>
It's a turd, but eventually one that eventually got polished.

DSfix fixed the visuals, controller just generally works fine, and it was moved from GFWL to Steam at a point.
>>337267852
The game is locked under 30 unless you use DSfix (60 FPS actually causes various small issues). There's a toggle button with DSfix to swap between 30/60.
>>
>>337267308
>just play on consoles
>pressing a button is too tedious
>>
>>337268109
wow u saved my butt. I can finally play dark souls.

50-60fps.
>>
>>337267672
30fps@720p is what console fats are forced to use as well as vanilla PC fats
>>
I tried DSfix but now I get these strange horizontal lines going up the screen while wandering around. Is there an option in DSfix to fix that?
>>
>>337269436
Do you mean tearing? Running the game in borderless windowed fixes it.
>>
>>337269342
It's actually 1024x720.
>>
File: 1456693751266.jpg (57 KB, 637x946) Image search: [Google]
1456693751266.jpg
57 KB, 637x946
>>337265221
Really bad. The online doesn't even work right. I have to manually connect to random people. so fucking stupid.
>>
>>337269750
thanks, I'll try that
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.