[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the Metroid Manga Canon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: metroid_vol2_en.jpg (18 KB, 175x247) Image search: [Google]
metroid_vol2_en.jpg
18 KB, 175x247
Is the Metroid Manga canon? It may have been Supervised by Sakamoto, but he really didn't much to do with it. Akira Toriyama Supervised Dragon Ball GT yet that series is not canon to Akira's series. Sakamoto and Nintendo never really commented on the manga and it doesn't seem to fit either Sakamoto's main series or Tanabe's Prime series, comments?
>>
>>337262889
How does it not fit? Just because nothing references it, it doesn't mean it is "not canon". Same goes for GT.
>>
>>337262889
does metroid canon really matter when you're never going to see a mainline game ever again?
>>
>>337263728
>>337262889
Actually the japanese version of Fusion and all verisons of Zero Mission has references to the manga, we clearly see Samus' child design and that old bird dude before she gets the gravity suit in ZM
>>
>>337263728
>Federation logo completely different
>Chozo discovers SR-388 after sending Samus off
>Chozo already know that x parasite is called X-Parasite.
>same goes for SR-388 name
>Adam gives Samus missile upgrade
>Samus and Adam okay
>Samus's partners
>Samus's pet
>Ridley talking
>etc.

I'm not going to even answer your question on GT because Super already throws that out.
>>
>>337263728
Well, Fusion does have an ending picture that has a young Samus and uses Old Bird's manga design. It may have been Japan only, I don't recall.

Also Other M based Adam's design off of his manga appearance, but eh.
>>
I honestly enjoyed Mother Brain's character and the bits pertaining to Samus's parents (i.e., her father's heroic death and Ridley's taunting about eating her parents' cells). Grey Voice was badass too when he put on the Chozo armor.

Rest was pretty meh.
>>
>>337263776
does your answer even contribute to my topic. Take your shit depression somewhere else where people care.
>>
>>337263837
Those aren't references, they are images that share designs with those of the manga. They could invent any reason they wish for why that old bird dude is there.

>>337264107
>green text
Sakamoto is a pretty inconsistent writer, you could compare Fusion and Other M and wind up with many inconsistencies too.

>a prequel throws that out
Ok.
>>
>>337264351
ok ill leave the important task of discussing a dead series' lore up to you
>>
>>337264608
>They could invent any reason they wish for why that old bird dude is there.
Yet they didn't, so the manga stands
Until Other M fucked everything up that is
>>
>>337263837
>>337264153
Fusion's ending, Zero Mission's cutscenes, and Other M's designs don't really contribute much when you have these issues>>337264107
>>
>>337264796
I also forgot to mention the Federation's HQ is not on Earth in the manga. This also throws it out.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.