[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>RPG game >Choices don't matter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: 500px-Monty_open_door.svg.png (20 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
500px-Monty_open_door.svg.png
20 KB, 500x278
>RPG game
>Choices don't matter
>>
>Real life
>Choices don't matter
>>
>>337259805
>stayfags
when will they ever learn
>>
switch

you always switch
>>
>>337259805
>RPG game
>Role Playing means changing my character and the story with my personal choices
>Even though all other applications of the terms together or apart means to act out a character that is predetermined with predetermined story, actions, and lines every step of the way.

People who think D&D is an RPG are retarded. It's a Role Creation Game if you have to call it something, you don't play a role because then you'd be handed a script.
>>
>modern game
>game design don't matter
>>
>>337261769
>>337261831
>Goat's behind all 3 75% of the time and you'll never be able to prove otherwise.
>>
There's a 50/50 chance Chen will get the yellow bun.
>>
>>337259805
C&C is a meme. The idea that every RPG needs it has led us to games full of shallow choices that don't affect the plot in any way.
>>
>>337259805
Take the goat
>>
>>337259805
The point of a role isn't for the end result of the choice, but in being the character who makes the choice. It's very simple.
>>
>RPG game
>Choices DO matter
>people get assblasted why a set of specific choices doesn't get em the desired ending.

Alternatively
>Bad/cruel/horrible choices lead to the good ending
>Good/altruistic choices lead to the worst ending
>>
File: 1220799048114.jpg (95 KB, 739x604) Image search: [Google]
1220799048114.jpg
95 KB, 739x604
>>337261956
>you don't play a role because then you'd be handed a script.
>what is DM's campaign and notes?
>>
>choices matter
>your choices result in the death of your favorite characterdñs
>>
>>337261831
>shitty dev scripts the goat to always appear behind a certain door instead of implementing the actual problem logic
>>
File: 1462736679520.jpg (60 KB, 313x377) Image search: [Google]
1462736679520.jpg
60 KB, 313x377
>game has choices
>none of them matter because the game was rushed out
>game is linear from start to finish
>fans insist it's a meta commentary on inevitability
>>
>>337261831
This
>>
>Choices
>Good option
>Neutral option
>Evil option
>>
>>337259805
so what?
there are rpg games where the choices matter and others where they want a set narrative

its like /v/ complaining that "movie games" exist. not every game has to be 2 hardcore 4 u, or stick to your autistic narrow doctrine, if they did games would all be the same and itd get boring.

but if you want that then those games do exist for you so shut the fuck up already
>>
>Can can save Bin Laden's life and he will help you out hours later at the end of the game

My mind was fucking blown
>>
>>337262793
These games are impossible to find. You can't know if the choice matters or not until the choices tell you what matters. Then it's best to just find the game you want. Just go find it.
>>
File: 1107101733584.jpg (21 KB, 528x288) Image search: [Google]
1107101733584.jpg
21 KB, 528x288
>>337259805
>"RPG" stands for Choice Making Generator
>>
A big problem I have with games is that the "Good" choice is better 90% of the time in the long run. Even if the choice is absolutely retarded.

Are their any games where picking the smart choices i.e. not being too trusting/naive, not believing in everyone etc. gets you the best ending/goodies?
>>
>>337263583
Rarely unless the game completely eschews morality/ Dragon age Origins was 'decent' by Bioware standards because people didn't pay up unless you obligated them to, so it forced you to be more outright jew to get paid at all. Witcher games are also usually ok at this, mostly because it'll give you a lot of shitty people. so you side with who you think will actually pay up.

any game with harsher survival needs will usually award pragmatism though.
>>
File: niggaplz.jpg (111 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
niggaplz.jpg
111 KB, 700x525
>>337259805

Holy shit i recognize this. Its from the Teletubbies flash that was on newgrounds. I think i saw it the first time i was on 5th or 6th grade. Like 15 years ago, behind door number one there is Police who battons the shit out of the red teletubbie. Behind door number 2 is some fat fucking bitch sitting on the teletubbie and door number 3 is the teletubbie fucking a goat.

Thanks for the memories nigga and fuck you fro making me feel so old
>>
>>337264513
>"oh uh Poe, it's the Five-oh, looks like I've got to go!"
>>
>>337259805
>choices give wildly different outcomes
>>
>RPG
>Can't roll your own characters
>Instead you play as some edgy twat with his band of misfit teenage heroes that save the world from some other edgy twat that is just like the edgy twat protagonist except "evil".
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.