[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I finally finished this gem, /v/. Holy shit I was already on-board
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8
I finally finished this gem, /v/.

Holy shit

I was already on-board for the first half of the game.
But the last five chapters or so

God damn, what a story. I didn't see any of that shit coming at all, even with the minor spoilers I was given because of /v/.

Is this one of the greatest DS games of all time?
>>
>>337257776

Yeah, probably.
It's going to be a long time before we get something else original.
>>
File: 1442440431000.png (157 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1442440431000.png
157 KB, 500x500
It's a crime that this game will never get a sequel or even a spiritual sequel.
;_;
>>
File: MGS_Big_Boss.png (1 MB, 1280x747) Image search: [Google]
MGS_Big_Boss.png
1 MB, 1280x747
>yomiel uses his power at the very end to move his body and save cute loli
>>
>>337258126
Sissel keeps talking about not understanding human concepts or words, supposedly because of his "lost memory"
Missile does the exact same thing, because he's a dog

The coincidence never occurred to me
Blew my goddamn mind
>>
File: ghost_trick_by_sii_sen.jpg (597 KB, 664x1000) Image search: [Google]
ghost_trick_by_sii_sen.jpg
597 KB, 664x1000
>>337257776
Absolutely, as a complete package I can't really find any flaws with the game. The main cast of characters were all really well written, everyone had a good reason for doing everything they did, and they were so well designed that you could draw three or four colored lines and guess a character just from that.
The graphics and animations were great in my opinion as well, they fit really well with the spirit of the game and even though it wasn't actually sprites, they made it look really damn good.
The puzzles had a good difficulty ramp and I really liked the inclusion of missle's powers to solve things in the second half. Probably the best thing about this game for me though, is how well everything fits together, gameplay and storywise. Story doesn't take a break for gameplay, and it all makes sense too. Pretty much everything is explained in the end in a way that makes sense and that's what doggies do made me cry like a little girl.
sorry for the long ass post but god damn just thinking about ghost trick makes me feel happy. IMO one of the best games ever.
>>
>>337257776
>Is this one of the greatest DS games of all time?
yes
>>
File: 11-eveningpatrolmaaan.gif (283 KB, 256x190) Image search: [Google]
11-eveningpatrolmaaan.gif
283 KB, 256x190
Fantastic game with pretty bland gameplay.

Most puzzles were just trial and error Rube Goldberg devices with little to no lateral thinking required. The gameplay works since the story's actually told during and because of the puzzles, but they were overall pretty boring and unchallenging.

The plot, the characters, the music, and the fucking GLORIOUS animations all more than made up for that though.
>>
>>337260718
This chapter is actually where I dropped the game because of the reasons stated in your post.
>>
>>337257776
I will forever hate /v/ for spoiling this and 999
fuck you guys
>>
>>337263132
>going into ghost trick and 999 threads
lad...
>>
File: A top pomeranian.jpg (81 KB, 643x600) Image search: [Google]
A top pomeranian.jpg
81 KB, 643x600
>>
>>337263258
To be fair with him, there's a bunch of faggots who would make a thread with spoilers in the OP.
>>
File: 1436725032335.jpg (40 KB, 467x433) Image search: [Google]
1436725032335.jpg
40 KB, 467x433
>>337263132
>>
Story is actually pretty garbage and reeks of being unfinished on multiple occasions like with that medium girl who could sense spirits but was never used by plot in any way.
Initially game tries to make an impression that story will have some actual mindblowing shenanigans yet everything falls down to shitty time travel.
>>
>>337263359
true
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.