[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For whatever reason, arena like moba infused "hero shooters"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: hero-based-shooters-banner.jpg (110 KB, 790x395) Image search: [Google]
hero-based-shooters-banner.jpg
110 KB, 790x395
For whatever reason, arena like moba infused "hero shooters" are going to be the next big gaming thing.

Usually when this happens 1 game is going to end up dominant. So which one is it?
>>
Overwatch

Its not even a fair fight
>>
>>337254935

Seeing as how that Gigantic game is being published by Perfect World.... definetely not that one.

Honestly who is looking forward to Battleborn or Paragon? WTF are the others anyways?
>>
>>337254935
Overwatch will be the victor without a doubt.
>>
Paragon and Overwatch will be the only ones I'll even be willing to give a chance, battleborn looks horrible
>>
>>337254935
Overwatch already won. Though I don't think it will be a big thing. It will probably be played a lot for the first 6 months, maybe a year, then it will be forgotten.
>>
Overwatch will win but that's not really an accomplishment.
>>
As an utter casual when it comes to FPS, Overwatch is the only one I heard about and the only one I tried (I liked it). What the fuck is the one on the right even?
>>
>>337257162

Paragon is literally 3rd person shooter + lol. Slow as shit.
>>
Unfortunately, all that mattered was marketing, and Blizzard have enough marketing dollars to make any garbage successful. Hope you enjoy eating the slop in front of you before the slaughter, you pigs.
>>
>>337254935
Team Fortress 3
>>
>>337254935
There than there being a roster of heroes and abilities the similarities to MOBA's end there for overwatch. It has no equipment/minion waves etc that are staples of MOBA's. With Blizz backing it overwatch will easily be the dominant game.

It plays nothing like a MOBA. Battleborn is truly a MOBA FPS though.
>>
Overwatch and Battleborn are the only two worth playing. I've tried them all.

OW is more fps/tf2 style
BB is more moba.

I actually enjoy BB more than OW, I was expecting it to be the other way around.
>>
Paragon is not a shooter.
I want this meme to die.
>>
>>337257492
>Team Fortress 3

I still pray this happens, but you should know Valve by now.

Half life 3
>>
>>337254935
Multiple big time
>MOBA's (LoL, DOTA, HOTS)
>card games (Hearthstone, M&M)
>shooters (COD, Battlefield)
>RPG shooters (Destiny, Division)
>JRPG's (final fantasy, dragon quest)
>kart games (Mario kart, Crash team racing)
>Fighting games (several)

Most genres have two or more games that are hugely popular in their genre
>>
>>337258039
>hating Gigantic
>>
>>337258478
I don't hate gigantic. I played it for a while, but it's just not worth playing when BB does the same type of thing so much better.

The only reason to play Gigantic over Battleborn is if you dont have the 30 bucks needed to buy BB.
>>
>>337258660
Where in the hell did you find Battleborn for 30 bucks?
And how reputable is it
>>
>>337258784
Pretty much any key seller site.
>>
File: 1330879703583.jpg (4 KB, 188x212) Image search: [Google]
1330879703583.jpg
4 KB, 188x212
>>337258464
I spent a second trying to figure out how HOTS was an acronym for Heroes of Newerth, but then I remembered that it's not 2011.
>>
>>337258460
Orange Box 2 when?
>>
>>337254935
I recognize only 2 of those and Battleborn doesn't seem to be doing all that great so clearly Overwatch will come out on top.
>>
Overwatch plays nothing like the others, why are you comparing it to them?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (145 KB, 1585x886) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
145 KB, 1585x886
>>337259246
Overwatch and Paladins are the most similar on that list honestly.

To the point where HiRez literally copy-pasted Pharah with a new ult as their newest character.
>>
>>337257478

If we're judging by this specific genre, Overwatch is better
>>
Hopefully they all do just well enough to kill each other and then the idea of terrible MOBA shit in shooters dies forever. Then the people who thought it was a good idea lose their jobs and jump off bridges.
>>
Why do you retards insist that games like overwatch are mobas, if you want to know what a moba looks like play battleborn or paladins.
>>
Overwatch and Lawbreakers. Same thing that happened with team based zombie killers.
Left 4 Dead for the big audience, Killing Floor for people who wants depth.
>>
I'm a little confused on the hate for BB especially when being directly compared to OW, considering it's a different style of gameplay and it does what it intends to do very well. I'm a huge Borderlands fan (does /v/ just hate Gearbox because memes?) and I can really feel the theme here. The characters all have unique, likable personalities and somewhat interesting lore, and the gameplay itself is fluid and feels like a solid MOBA. Is it just because it should be f2p? But isn't that the case for OW too?
>>
>>337258464
Do people even play HOTS?
>>
>>337256198
someone tried to make a paragon shill thread the other day
they didn't post any screenshots, webms, or even youtube links

i don't even know what the fuck kind of game its supposed to be
>>
>>337260076
people hate gearbox because of aliensCM and duke forever, also because of burch but i dont think he works there anymore

overwatch has a rabid and autistic as fuck fanbase which will shit on everything that looks even remotely like their game
>>
too bad the best one is already dead
>>
>>337260181
It's a straight moba game with SMITE's idea of having everything be a skillshot.

The character design is pretty ugly though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSBBNwALE_Y
>>
>>337260181
It's literally "what if we made smite, but with GRAFIX". Looks pretty, plays like slow ass.
>>
>>337260458
Yeah it's really fucking slow. Especially moving around feels like you're going through a swamp.
>>
I was so happy when the moba discussion craze ended.
Now this? Egh.
>>
>>337260237
I always will remember
>>
>>337254935
I knows theres a shit ton of them coming out, but the only one I can point out in that pic is OW

I dont think the others have a chance due to this fact
>>
>>337257492
They wouldn't want to upset all the hatjews by releasing tf3, even though it would probably be amazing.
>>
I think Gigantic looks the best to be honest but with it's windows 10 exclusiveness, it's going to fall into obscurity.

Microsoft is hopefully going to learn pretty fast, PC is no place to have exclusive games. PC is already a Gigantic group of gaymer fags who decided consoles weren't worth buying for the exclusives.
>>
>>337262554
Gigantic is on xbone too.
>>
>>337262629

lol
>>
>>337254935
Lawbreakers and overwatch are not mobas. Putting them into the same category as the rest shows how fucking retarded you are.
>>
>>337262554

ayylmao, I guess they already learned they fucked up and announced today that it's all Windows
>>
File: laughingbeacher.jpg (6 KB, 129x177) Image search: [Google]
laughingbeacher.jpg
6 KB, 129x177
>>337254935
>Usually when this happens 1 game is going to end up dominant. So which one is it?

You mean which one -was- it. It was called TF2. Remember when WoW was the dominant MMORPG that shit all over every other MMO and nobody could compete? You know how there's a million fucking MMORPGs now that exist alongside it? Same shit different genre.
>>
>>337262554
They released today that it'll no longer be exclusive since Microsoft cut their funding.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.