[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how exactly did this steaming pile of shit get better ratings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: bigcock.jpg (124 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bigcock.jpg
124 KB, 1920x1080
So how exactly did this steaming pile of shit get better ratings than MGS3? Even PW is better and that game is garbage.

I'm like 11 missions in + a bunch of side ops and it feels like an unfocused mess and complete chore.

What a fucking shitshow.
>>
Epic meme

11 missions in everyone with decent taste was still having a lot of fun
>>
It's Kojima's last MGS, so reviewers were like "why the fuck not."

Also the only way to have fun playing this game is by killing Quiet and not doing side ops.
>>
It's a good game, faggot
>>
>>337244979
It's a big, visually impressive game that makes a lot of concessions to current trends and is therefore very accessible. The game succeeds at presenting a big sandbox to fuck around in, if you care about that. I don't, so the game doesn't interest me, but I'll acknowledge its successes.

Metal Gear, for me, started sliding downward with MGS3.
>>
>>337245749
>a big sandbox
It's literally an empty wasteland.
>>
>>337246416
so are sandboxes
>>
>>337246476
My bad, I was confusing it with open-world.

Fails as both though.
>>
>>337246416
>>337246476
There are enough outposts, however boring and thoughtless in design they may be, to experiment with all the options the game affords the player. That's all I meant. Of course, this emphasis also introduced a lot of balancing issues and dull level design, but for some--many, probably--the game gives enough.
>>
>>337247207
Meant to quote >>337246859
>>
The gameplay of it's good and it looks good.
>>
File: 1460265038694.png (111 KB, 347x311) Image search: [Google]
1460265038694.png
111 KB, 347x311
>>337245749
Finally, someone that understands what MGSV is, and what it was meant to be.

People sit around blaming konami and all this bullshit, but the bottom line is, MGSV is a sandbox game. and it's a very good one. The stealth mechanics are awesome, the variety of places are... sufficient, the art direction is good.

It's not a metal gear game, but bottom line, it is a good game.

None of those things stop me from being pissed at Kojima for pulling this level of prank on his fans, but hey, can't win them all.
>>
File: Untitled.png (95 KB, 654x500) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
95 KB, 654x500
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
MGS3 was crap. Shit gameplay, shit controls, shit writing, shit characters. Come on..
>>
File: 1460091345726.jpg (57 KB, 516x339) Image search: [Google]
1460091345726.jpg
57 KB, 516x339
>>337248417
Tip: Metacritic is not a good source for ratings, it's the white bread of review sites. MGSV got higher scores on many sites than games like MGS3, but you cite a website that averages many many scores, so of course it's going to be skewed. Use your head.
>>
>>337248518
It wasn't crap, but it had terrible balancing.
>>
>>337248546
>Tip: Metacritic is not a good source for ratings

The fuck? I suppose you get your "review" score from Kotaku then
>>
>>337248405
>It's not a metal gear game, but bottom line, it is a good game
>It's not a metal gear game

It's a bad Metal Gear game, why would a metal gear fans play a "not metal gear" game
>>
Was anyone else disappointed by the grass in V? I really liked the tall grass in 3, but V didn't even come close.
>>
>>337248405
>>337251040

>It's not a metal gear game

Why do people always say this shit. "It's not a metal gear game". Oh shit what does the title say, 'Metal Gear Solid V'?

Hey protip retard, these games changed a lot. You know by your logic I can say MSX Metal Gear was the first and last real MG game cause every title that followed wasn't exactly the same. Games fucking change, the metal gear franchise has been no different and that didn't start with V. Just cause you didn't like it doesn't mean shit.
>>
File: 1458265850845.jpg (65 KB, 567x561) Image search: [Google]
1458265850845.jpg
65 KB, 567x561
>>337244979
you posted the exact same shit yesterday

nice b8 faggot
>>
>>337248405
Yeah they stopped being metal gear games when they were no longer 2d. They stopped being MGS games when we got third person camera.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.