[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else find the current state of Nintendo tragic.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: 2759200-nintendo-logo.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2759200-nintendo-logo.jpg
94 KB, 1280x720
Does anyone else find the current state of Nintendo tragic.

The quality of their games used to be so consistently high. Even during the first half of the Wii U lifecycle I found little to complain about. But in the past 2-3 years, things have just been awful.

They're release calendar is the most baron I've ever seen, and the quality of the game have dropped significantly seemingly overnight.

I know Nintendo is capable of making great games, and it's so depressing that they just.... don't anymore.

I just want Nintendo back.
>>
Nintendo has been going downhill since 64
GC was a step down with a few gems
Wii was shovelware the console
Wii U got no third party support and not even nintendo wants to release games for it
>>
>>337238716
IMO

N64 > SNES > GC > Wii U > Wii > NES

95% of the games on the NES have aged like milk imo.

I actually kinda like my Wii. I don't really buy Nintendo consoles for the third party support (it's just nice when it happens)
>>
>>337238864
I'm okay with this ranking
I think there's a big power gap between GC and Wii U though
>>
>>337238913
Not for me. Actually, if I were to have this conversation 2 years ago I'd probably place the WII U above the GC.

However how much of a let down it's been for the past little while kinda ruined it for me.
>>
Personally I feel the wii was the biggest mistake they could have made.
They got the casuals and parents/grandparents to buy into the whole gimmick thing and this was an indicator to nintendo that the quality games they created before could be substituted with gimmicks. The wii sold a shit ton, but in the end it backfired because in trying to capture that same group they alienated their main player-base and let poor game design run rampant. There are quite a few decent games on the u but many would have been much better in terms of design if they didn't focus on their penchant for gimmicks.
>>
>>337239109
Do you think the Wii U selling like shit was an eye opener for them then?
>>
>>337239359
Signs are pointing to the NX also being a massive gimmick machine, so probably not.
>>
>>337239483
Fuck

vidya is dead.
>>
>>337238530
>Even during the first half of the Wii U lifecycle I found little to complain about. But in the past 2-3 years, things have just been awful.

All their best teams are working on games for the NX. They've abandoned the Wii U, so are just shoving out half-hearted efforts to fill the schedule.

I'm certain the NX will release with multiple amazing titles.
>>
>>337239634
People were saying the exact same thing about Wii U at the end of the Wii's life cycle
>>
>>337239634
So what you're saying is that you think Nintendo just dropped the Wii U and is taking everything they learned about how not to handle a console and applying it to the NX?
>>
>>337239359
I really hope it was, the wii u wasn't an inherently bad system. But the marketing team did a piss poor job. Many of my friends work at gamestop, when it released there was no hype, no midnight release fanfare. I walked in without a pre-order and bought one.
Then there was the tablet, everyone lauded the off-tv play, why? I bought a big screen tv to play games on, why would I need a small touchscreen? Menu use? hitting a menu button would have saved nintendo hundreds of dollars in production cost and system price.
The tablet also screwed them with the fact that since it was required to even get the system going they shot themselves in the foot with possibly making a cheaper bundle with a pro controller.

There were many mistakes with the wii u, but with the fake leaks and patents I fear the only thing they learned is to listen to people that have been giving them bad advice for the past five years.
>>
>>337239770
However, it seems like Nintendo has been preparing software for this thing for much longer than they were for the Wii U. However I suppose there's no way of knowing for sure
>>
>>337239848
My tablet has been broken for a year now and I'm honestly not sure if I wanna pay the money and get it fixed at this point.

Then again, I wanna play X so badly.

Is the Splatoon online dead yet?
>>
>>337239109
>Personally I feel the wii was the biggest mistake they could have made.

Yeah, what a shame, they made billions out of nowhere and pissed off some nerds. Ah Nintendo, what a bunch of losers
>>
>>337240031
>Is the Splatoon online dead yet?
Still very popular, especially in Japan, they love that game.
>>
>>337240092
Definitely getting it fixed then. I had an insane amount of fun with it until I broke the tablet.
>>
>same thread at least twice a day everyday
>>
they need to make some new fuckin games. Splatoon is good thats a good start. but imagine if nintendo actually bothered trying to make new games on a regular basis. imagine if nintendo had come up with something like minecraft. they need to branch out. I love mario kart but jesus fucking christ
>>
>>337240031
Splatoon is still going, and everything points to its sequel coming out very early in the NX life cycle.

XCX is a good game, I'll save you my rant about censorship but the game is actually really fun. Which to me made the purchase worthwhile. If you're hesitant about it I suggest waiting a few more months and once more stuff comes out about the NX its price will start dropping when they try clearing the shelves at the game stores.

Another issue that needs to be addressed is their NA localization team. So far Treehouse has been getting shit on with due cause, I really hope they restructure it somehow.
>>
>>337240403
>If you're hesitant about it I suggest waiting a few more months and once more stuff comes out about the NX its price will start dropping when they try clearing the shelves at the game stores.

Are you talking about game prices or repair costs, because I already own XCX
>>
>>337240081
I'm not saying it wasn't successful, I'd have to be a retard to say that. But now nintendo is losing profits, that money is sitting in a bank and several non-development investments which is bad for business. Stagnation of assets is a bad thing in economics, since it lowers how profitable a company seems to investors.
>>
>>337238530
Nintendo went to shit when R&D 1 (worthy rival department to EAD) became SPD-1 (irrelevant mini-game ghetto).
>>
>>337238530
>They are release calendar is the most baron I've ever seen.
>>
>>337240648
My bad, I was talking about XCX. As for the repairs I'm not certain to be honest.
>>
>>337240796
Tablet repairs are usually about $130 right?
>>
>>337240779
Literally no one thinks you're clever
>>
>>337240920
Sounds about right, you might be able to just buy a used one on ebay for a bit cheaper though. Though I'm not sure if there would be issues with pairing the system to it.
>>
>>337241171
I've used my buddies tablet on my Wii U before (after all, it can support two tablets at once remember).
>>
File: 1450753885979.jpg (84 KB, 1022x768) Image search: [Google]
1450753885979.jpg
84 KB, 1022x768
>>337241504
I completely forgot about that.
>>
>>337241702
Me too until now.

Remember how at launch Nintendo was talking about how they had big plans for dual tablet play?
>>
I am pretty skeptic about the NX

Even if it gets third party support, i doubt it will matter since most people play third party games on their boner, ps4, pc, etc

I don't know if the idea of an hybrid console will work but i doubt people will get interested, considering that most people play on their mobiles and handheld consoles are basically dead.

I think that Nintendo is slowly less focusing on games but on other things like their theme parks or their clothes stuff, etc.
>>
>>337238530

I always thought they were tragic. I only liked pokemon, so once I outgrew that there was nothing left for me. I have not once understood how stupid they must be to make themselves fail repeatedly by appealing to nonexistent audiences and ignoring hundreds of millions of potential players. This is the real problem with nintendo. Sure, some people like them. But who the fuck likes nintendo and nothing else? Even if you're the most loyal fan, you still probably need a ps4, pc, vita, or mobile to play other games you like that simply aren't on nintendo systems. That would just drive me nuts. With the exception of a few pc exclusives, everything I play is on ps4/vita. It's nice not having to buy every system just to play what I like.
>>
>>337241789
I do, I wanted for them to succeed but they messed up. And instead of catching their own fuck early they doubled down, they even adjusted the projected sales and shipments down.

God dammit Nintendo, I want you to take my money! Why won't you undertandu?
>>
>>337242643
The worst part is, the cry for change is so massive there's no way Nintendo isn't hearing it.

Pretty loyal Nintendo fan, but still own a vita and a gaming laptop (needed it for school)
>>
>>337244092
It may just be an opinion but i think the people that hear the complaints just don't care, cause you know they know better than us dumb consumers. Then when they pass it on to higher its nothing more than "Oh they love us!"
>>
>>337244092

It's basic shit too, like multiplats that are on everything. It's completely inexcusable that the wiiu doesn't have minecraft, for example. Ironically, one of the best sellers on vita in japan is minecraft. Every week, it sells about 10000 copies. It's been out for nearly two years now and is still going strong.
>>
>>337238864
The NES probably has my favorite library of any of their systems.
>>
File: 1441319841091.png (383 KB, 918x685) Image search: [Google]
1441319841091.png
383 KB, 918x685
>>337238530
>Does anyone else find the current state of Nintendo tragic.

Not really, because I couldn't care less about the "state" of any given corporation that I don't have stock in.
>>
>>337244459
The Wii U has minecraft now.
>>
File: Cell-in-Trash-300x266-1.jpg (21 KB, 300x266) Image search: [Google]
Cell-in-Trash-300x266-1.jpg
21 KB, 300x266
Going mobile is proof that Nintendo has finally hit rock bottom.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.