[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Last remnant?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9
File: The_Last_Remnant_Characters.jpg (1 MB, 1859x1100) Image search: [Google]
The_Last_Remnant_Characters.jpg
1 MB, 1859x1100
What does /v/ think of the last remnant?
>>
>>337235975
Never played it.
>>
No thoughts on it, at all?
>>
Artificial Difficulty: The Game

it was pretty fun tbqhwy senpai
>>
File: Clipboard03.jpg (46 KB, 681x329) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard03.jpg
46 KB, 681x329
embarrassing
>>
>>337236887
Just finished installing it, some friend gave it to me.
As long as its fun... I guess I'll give it a go.
>>
>tried to play it
>I'd like to grind a little, I like being powerful
>the more you grind, the harder the game

yup, one of the most retarded mechanic ever created
>>
Stopped at the last boss shit is just to fucking random you need to get lucky
>>
Scared of playing because you can get fucked by the battle rank or something? I remember an anon explaining a couple of things but I've forgotten.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLIcPh8daBg
>>
Loved the gameplay but without a barely competent story it's not enough to keep someone engange for the long hours required to finish it

I mean seriously, how do you create a gameplay system based on squads that fits so well for a story about two armies and politcal intrigue and fuck it up by having most of the game taking place in tight dungeons and having the story be about "save your imouto, save the world"
>>
>>337237108

Most of it is bullshit. As long as you don't grind mobs one by one all day long, you're safe. The game's not that hard to min/max and you can easily get ahead of anything. Except some bosses, those are flat out bullshit dmg sponges.
>>
>>337235975
Gifted to me by a friend I don't talk to anymore

Got fairly hooked on it for a while but stopped playing after 15 hours. Never picked it up after that

I should give it another go
>>
>>337236973

>As long as its fun

If you call being raped in the ass by an unforgiving hard as balls game that won't let you comit the slightest mistake then yeah, you'll have your fun.
>>
>>337235975

DO NOT GRIND
>>
>>337237263
Holy shit, that's a good soundtrack
>>
>>337236973
It's pretty great and the PC version is fairly more balanced than the console versions. It's a lot harder to fuck up and send you battle rank sky high.

>>337237108
PC versions fairly fine. I managed to beat the game on a blind playthrough.

That being said it was one of the harder turn based RPGs I've played. The combat system is really fun though and shockingly fair. Also the dynamic music that changes during shifts in the battle is like the best fucking idea put into a game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR6jHPvpazE
>>
>>337237108
Don't fight trash battles. That's literally all there is to it.
>>
File: 1462547208515.gif (302 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
1462547208515.gif
302 KB, 360x240
>play for a bit, no idea what the fuck is going on
>learn about how complicated and easy to miss so much shit is
>never play again

Is there some TL;DR guide?
>>
>>337237451
>>337237053
People keep saying not to grind, is it vaguely like skyrim? Mobs get stronger the more you waste time doing stuff?
>>
File: 1397530523048.png (49 KB, 196x196) Image search: [Google]
1397530523048.png
49 KB, 196x196
>a game that punishes you the longer you play it
>>
>>337237737

What's the point of posting just to prove your own ignorance?
>>
File: 1449205531579.jpg (73 KB, 460x462) Image search: [Google]
1449205531579.jpg
73 KB, 460x462
>tfw /v/'s too casual to play a JRPG
>>
Dropped it at gates of hell, now I've lost my save game so I'll probably never finish it.
>>
File: 1453625563178.jpg (7 KB, 250x236) Image search: [Google]
1453625563178.jpg
7 KB, 250x236
>>337237263
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQXIhUhIg1U
>>
>>337235975
beat the xbox 360 version.
it was frustrating but rewarding
>>
>>337237737
You never played RS: Minstrel Song, have you?

That game has a similar system, more enemies you fight, a higher chance you have of missing out on vital quests for items that could make the final battle easier.

Hardest boss in Minstrel Song by leagues is Ewei due to the fact you can only fight him at a lower event rank.

>Can cast Healing Water to heal himself
>Can cast Aegis to reduce damage
>Can cast Shock Wave to stun characters casting magic
>Can cast Tremor to stun characters using physical attacks
>Minions respawn shortly after they are defeated
>Bird of Flame is expensive to get (Damages every enemy on the field)
>Hit all techniques are literally needed to even make that fight tolerable

I actually pulled that shit off without any Hit all techs or Bird of Flame.

It takes 30-40 minutes to do that. It is fucking tedium at it's core and the only reason I pulled that off was because I used a high Battle Points character (Claudia) to even be able to use a high end Martial Arts move.
>>
>inb4 The Last Remnant 2 in Unreal Engine 4 is announced at E3. Xbox one and PC only.
>>
>>337237718
You get the same amount of exp for every monster group you kill, the higher your level the stronger the enemies are and THAT'S IT. You do not get stronger with your level, you get stronger with higher attributes and skills.

The longer a fight lasts the bigger attribute gains, the more you use a skill the higher level it will be.

Fight single strong/boss monsters and gain a shitton of attributes and skillups for 1 exp gain.
Fight a shitton of weak monsters that die in one hit and you gain a shitton of exp and barely any attributes skills.

So in short:
Grinding by fighting bosses/unique monsters = good.
Grinding by killing weak shits = very very bad.

It's much harder to overgrind on the PC version since it fixes a shitton of stuff including balance but on the xbox version it was very realistic to ruin your save by grinding.
>>
>>337237718
Yes but better. Enemies dont just get increased stats, they get new and improved attacks. Like thunder 2 instead of thunder 1 and adds a sleep spell and such. Youre mostly fine if you dont try to get one and one mob and instead gsther up groups and fight them all at the same time
>>
File: last remnant.jpg (521 KB, 990x3130) Image search: [Google]
last remnant.jpg
521 KB, 990x3130
Obligatory
>>
File: ralf.jpg (7 KB, 251x189) Image search: [Google]
ralf.jpg
7 KB, 251x189
boring.
shame too
>>
>>337238612
You're off with that.

Each BATTLE rewards 1 exp.

So the trick is to group up a ton of mobs to get one hard battle, but good stat and skill gains.
>>
>Torgal wants to learn psionics
>[yes/no]

>game has yes/no questions that can fail you like 8th grade chemistry
>>
>>337239214
Each enemy union gives you exp, not each battle.

Linking is still much better than fighting enemy groups one by one since it gives large bonuses to attribute gain.
>>
Literally could not get past the first dungeon

Would constantly get destroyed by dungeon boss in 3 turns

Only RPG I've given up on
>>
>>337238069
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KPjPBCLaPg&list=RDdQXIhUhIg1U&index=12
>>
>>337235975

I loved the worldbuilding, but the story on the stage was pretty dumb/too short.

I think another game in this setting would be nice. Either a prequel playing Marion Marshall being a gigacunt to everybody or a sequel where Rush and Dave do the full yaoi.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.