[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Out Of Touch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 19
File: Neo Nintendo isnt real!!.jpg (105 KB, 788x372) Image search: [Google]
Neo Nintendo isnt real!!.jpg
105 KB, 788x372
Is there a video game company more out of touch than Modern-Nintendo?
>"This time around, there’s obviously this new thing called Amiibo. The development team for Animal Crossing, we just really wanted Animal Crossing Amiibos. We thought it would be cute. We thought fans would be happy. In the past, Animal Crossing has only been Animal Crossing, but we thought that with the addition of Amiibo — how could we make an Animal Crossing game that would be fun by adding Amiibo features? What resulted was Happy Home Designer on 3DS and Amiibo Festival on the Wii U."
>We thought fans would be happy
>>
>>337234190
Holy shit, someone actually took time off their day to draw this picture.
What the fuck.
>>
File: daryl-hall-and-john-oates 2.jpg (173 KB, 940x540) Image search: [Google]
daryl-hall-and-john-oates 2.jpg
173 KB, 940x540
>>337234104
OUT OF TOUCH
OUT OF TIME
OUT-OUT OF TOUCH
OUT OF TIME
OUT OF TOUCH
OUT OF TIME, GIRL
>>
File: 1455949079153.jpg (618 KB, 1201x884) Image search: [Google]
1455949079153.jpg
618 KB, 1201x884
>>337234104
All they needed to fucking do is either support all Amiibo's or have a legit Animal Crossing game come out along side this using the same FUCKING ASSETS.

Instead, we don't get a fucking Animal Crossing for WiiU and in it's place is a mario party that doesn't even have garbage mini games.

They could've included things like different outfits for characters you have Amiibo's for, or maybe outfits for your villager based on the Amiibo's you have. HELL since Amiibo's use similar scanning tech to what phones can detect they could've WENT FOR IT and put Amiibo support in a game like Miitomo.

Nintendo needs some editors or some shit to check up on it from time to time to make sure it isn't just pissing in it's mouth.

I'm tired as fuck dawg
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBM5NTtZlt8
>>
TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN
>>
Amiibos are bad but they literally print money, why Nintendo should care about some critics opinion? They have to make money and they succeed
>>
File: 1462208570612.png (794 KB, 996x755) Image search: [Google]
1462208570612.png
794 KB, 996x755
But anon, they were always out of touch
>>
>never had a nintendo console growing up
>never played any nintendo games growing up
>Mega drive all day
Kid chameleon > Gay plumbers
>>
>>337234936
literally all games on bottom are fucking trash
kill yourself nincuck
>>
>>337234827
Then just don't try, if their whole purpose is to make money, why put out fucking games you know aren't going to sell. The issue with Nintendo is some higher ups probably still believe that they could try to be "friendly" while also run a business, and they are fucking it up in all directions. They aren't maximizing profits, and are barely keeping people amused while it's going on.

They could've just gone full Konami if they really wanted to, but they don't, and every step of the way they keep a facade making it seem like they aren't trying to nickle and dime everyone at all times. So then people put their hope in them and as quickly they put their hope in them it gets ripped the fuck away.
>>
>Out of touch

They wanted to make a spin off

Your the fucking idiot expecting a full game

They don't need a full game when New Leaf is still relevant
>>
>>337234936
>trying to pass tr4sh as a good game
lol
>>
>>337235532
You're*
>>
>>337235731
>>337235101
So mad
>>
>>337235532
A 4 year old game on a handheld is still relevant?
I understand that AC games can be a bit on the longer side due to the way the progression works, but you can't legitimately sit there and act like New Leaf is on everyone's radar outside late adopters to the console.
>>
>>337235827
Mario kart 8 and bayonetta 2 are great. The rest are forgettable and some are straight out bad. Like """"smash"""" 4
>>
>>337235860
>He tries to argue with neo-nintendo kiddies
lol
>>
>>337234104
They made a pretty decent Star Fox packed in with 2 games but people still complain like shit. "muh online", "muh casual control scheme", "I don't wanna gutgud and replay for medals, I wanna tons of content and DLC". Is it really the company?

Amiibo games are shit though. The whole Amiibo idea was a mistake from the beginning.
>>
>>337236079
Meh, I'm tired and it's one of my off days so I don't have much else to do other than yell at a wall.

How's your day going so far anon?
>>
I guess I really don't know how to feel. Nintendo has always had a mixed bag of releases and presentations (remember Wii Music?). Not to mention things like "This game release here provides a wonky control scheme and lacks the depth of competitiors" described Kirby Air Ride, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Splatoon and Star Fox Zero, of course those four games were met with different degrees of success and went out to complete different objectives. I guess it's just the way a person looks at things. But I can totally understand when people "Nintendo is behind the times" when they do things like not bow to EA, Ubisoft, and Activision, have their console focus solely on video games rather than multi-platform PC-style computing, and having their main control input not invoking Dualshockers 2.
>>
>>337236258
I have one of these jobs where you work only 15 days a month. Had a 3 Days off streak.
Monday i went with friendds to an Australian bar/Restuarant. I ate Kangaroo Steak for the first time, solid 8/10. Drank beer and had some conversations ranging from Girls to Hitler and race.
Yesterday, we went to roberts and played melee for 8 hours.
Today, i am at home, probably going to play ninja gaiden black or Melee. Or i am going to watch anime all day.
So yeah, pretty great so far m8.
How is your Day off going?
>>
>>337236506
I'm always for Nintendo doing whatever they want with gimmicks, the issue was always though they never went full hog in it.
What games other than Mario 3D land, and parts of Link between worlds really used the 3D function on the 3DS to it's advantage?

It took until Mario Maker to really show the advantages of the Gamepad, before that the best implementation of it was from Ubisoft with ZombiU.

Nintendo Land showed great promise with the Wii motion plus movements, but again we see motion plus used very little outside of dance games.

The gyro thing on the wiiu is again another interesting addition, but Star Fox's usage was clunky at times, while Splatoon I believe did it damn near perfectly.

It's just weird these past 5 years really showed how Nintendo almost doesn't know what to do with itself. I made a comment earlier saying that they need to be sort of reigned in at a point whoever is calling the shots needs an editor to come in once in a while just to make sure things are sort of focusing towards one goal.

They just need to focus on one thing and stay with it, that's all that I really ask from Nintendo.
>>
this is the same retarded company that said "players don't want multiplayer, multiplayer is a fad" back in 2004 about the gamecube
>>
>>337237160
The best nintendo games in the past 10 years, were games that did not use motion controls. and this is what nintendo refuses to understand. In fact, the games that did use motion controls or some sort of gimmick, are simply bad games.
>>
>>337236878
Pretty good, been up for most of the night due to being used to night shifts.
Been raining for the past few days so I need to head out and cut some grass.
Tried to see if a few friends wanted to come over and hang out but they were either bogged down with paperwork or studying for their finals at uni.
When i'm done with cutting the grass i'm probably going to have a beer or two and start to drain out the pool.
I might just sit on the deck and play Disgaea until it starts raining again.

Overall it's been alright. Glad to hear you're enjoying your day off as well. What anime you watching?
>>
Nintendo hasn't been good since the N64
>>
>>337237643
>What anime you watching?
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Sanosai?status=7&order=4&order2=0
It feels like ive seen all and nothing. I think i will finally watch Jin-Roh today. Or do you have anything better to offer/recommend?
>>
>>337234190
I'll never understand why LITERAL shitposting is a-okay to post if its ebin wojack and pepe memes. If I drew any other characters wading naked in feces, what few mods /v/ still have would ban my ass at first sight, but it's ok if wojack does it!
>>
File: wobbling.jpg (53 KB, 960x661) Image search: [Google]
wobbling.jpg
53 KB, 960x661
>>337237981
>>
>>337238167
Prove me wrong then. Post any non-Pepe/non-Wojack picture of a naked man covered in and eating shit, see if you get banned.
>>
File: 1458878193846.gif (225 KB, 283x198) Image search: [Google]
1458878193846.gif
225 KB, 283x198
>>337237817
Nah, Jin-Roh is a damn good movie, me and a friend watched it a few years back and it goes places.

Plus you watched way more anime than I think I ever will, I have a few recommendations though that I don't see on this list. Dog Days Mushibugyou, and Zero no Tsukaima. They are all pretty good and seem like you might be interested in them from the list you have here.

All in all I hope you have an enjoyable day of anime anon. I need to go cut grass.
>>
File: 1461153905658.png (179 KB, 316x447) Image search: [Google]
1461153905658.png
179 KB, 316x447
>>337238423
>>
File: 1460468087606.jpg (58 KB, 600x603) Image search: [Google]
1460468087606.jpg
58 KB, 600x603
>>337238663
I fucked up >Dog Days, Mushibugyou
>>
>>337234104
At this point, I'm almost certain they don't even want to support the Wii U
>No Zelda (remakes don't sell new consoles)
>Mario is unimpressive
>Not many games in general
>Totally lost the appeal of Mario Party
>Scratch that, Party games in general
>Most flagships only have 3DS installments (FE, Pokemon, Paper Mario)
I can see why it doesn't sell. There's almost no reason to buy it if you have previous consoles. You only miss out on some games anyway, of which half of them have previous games which are just as good.
>>
File: t-transformation.png (1 MB, 2616x1145) Image search: [Google]
t-transformation.png
1 MB, 2616x1145
>>337236506
>That pic
Oh no. A shame Metacritic doesn't have SNES, NES and GB/GBC scores, so I could dig further.
>>
>>337238663
Go get that grass m8.
>>
>>337237175
You're thinking "internet is a fad"
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/iwata-customers-do-not-want-online-games/1100-6102100/
>>
>>337238802
>Comparing one console to 2 handhelds and 3 consoles
woha............................ Yeah this seems very fair.
>>
>>337237981
like it or not it's still OC
even if it's more fuel to the console war dumpster fire
>>
What boggles my mind is Nintendo could keep their vision of working with the same 4 franchises year after year if they let the third party in. But no third party is going to bother as long as Nintendo's consoles are way underpowered compared to PC, MS & Sony of that gen. What dev would want to bother spending time and money downgrading their game to run on a toaster equivalent while they have 3 platforms they can do easier?

The gimmicks should stop too. Amiibos might be cute now and have a collection factor, but they're already locking on disc content behind it. Its only going to get worse.

I loved my NES, SNES, N64 and playing my friends GC. Couldn't be happier I skipped the Wii/WiiU save for a few games which look better emulated anyways.
>>
File: Forgive.jpg (82 KB, 493x750) Image search: [Google]
Forgive.jpg
82 KB, 493x750
>>337234104
You only noticed that now?

The last nintendo homeconsole I got was the GameCube and even back then I already felt like they were on their last steps.

Unless you have an hardcore boner for nintendo games, for some reason, then there is no excuse to not have jumped over to other systems already

PS4 has all the weeb games
360 still had good exclusives
PC has always had stuff to play

I only own a 3DS for MonsterHunter and play it reluctantly, suffering through 240p, inconsistent 24-45fps jumps and handcramps even with CPP. I wish nintendo would go under already so I could play MonHun on a comfy big screen
>>
>>337239685
The gamecube had an amazing first 18 months. Masterpiece afte rmasterpiece. And they had a good swansong, resident evil 4. Although multiplat later.
The wii us swansong was star fox zero.
And the wii had dozens of hidden gems and an amazing mod community.
>>
File: EDF4.1 8.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
EDF4.1 8.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>337239983
All I remember playing the most on GC was PSO split-screen with friends. Hundreds of Hours

And I played that Zelda collection CD that came with WW, I think?
Also that starwars game and metroid Prime.

So I mostly played Dreamcast and SNES/N64 ports on the gamecube, while my friend enjoyed the shit out of their PS2. I was too naive back then.

>The wii us swansong was star fox zero.
That's sad. WiiU is the only nintendo main console without any of its pillar games. No metroid. no actual 3D mario, and no Zelda of its own.
>>
>>337240545
>That's sad. WiiU is the only nintendo main console without any of its pillar games. No metroid. no actual 3D mario, and no Zelda of its own.
I swear, I'm so mad at this. We only have Xenoblade and Bayonetta which are any good, but neither of them is first party.
I'm more waiting for Fire Emblem, Paper Mario and a surprise though.
>>
>>337238928
No comparison image posted in this thread is fair. That's the point.
>>
>>337240545
That star wars game was probably rogue squadron or clone wars.
Well my friends were jealous of f-zero GX and especially Melee. Though kingdom hearts looked pretty good. I played it after a few years and i dropped it 5 hours in. I emulated shadow of the colossus and FF10, and i honestly think that there isn't much to the ps2. I twas all hype. Sure, there was DMC3, but i played that on PC with the style switcher mod. What i am trying to say is that, the gamecubes top 10 exclusives are better than the top 10 ps2 games.
Adding melee to said exclusives makes it unfair for the ps2 anyway.
>>
>>337238802

>Mario Party 3
>74

the actual fuck
>>
>>337236006
I thought it was pretty good. Kinda rehashed but, it tries to improve on brawl even if a bit.
>>
>>337241242
well it was a bit too much in the end. Saturation one could say.
>>
>>337240545
PSO was the fucking shit online, put at least a few thousand hours into it

To bad it was so easy to dupe using a USB gamecube memory card and then the hacks came.
>>
File: juche.jpg (180 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
juche.jpg
180 KB, 1280x720
>>
File: 1446735885769.jpg (22 KB, 534x370) Image search: [Google]
1446735885769.jpg
22 KB, 534x370
Pictured: Nintendo at this year's E3
>>
File: Fels.jpg (281 KB, 1600x1064) Image search: [Google]
Fels.jpg
281 KB, 1600x1064
>>337240814
One of my best friends is still stuck with nintendo. It's so sad sometimes.

I didn't care abotu DS's realease so I got a DSi years later once there were actual games. My friend was so overhyped that he got the original DS, played barely anything and then got his DSlite, then got jealous of the fact that I ended up with an even superior system and paid less than half of what he did and didn't miss on any big release.

Same happened with the 3DS. I ignored it until MH4U came out and casually enjoy it. He got the release piece of shit 3DS, played StreetFighter for a couple of hours and did nothing. Then the 3DSxl came out and I got it alongside the comfy as fuck CPP. He later got the new3DSxl but was still jelly because he can't use the CPP, which is superior to the new3DS's nipple analog.

In the end the best way to enjoy nintendo games is to not care. To not be a huge fanboy about it and own a nintendo console as a second support system. I never got butthurt at amiibo shit or censorship because I didn't jump in the bangwagon in the first place. The games that got affected by shitty localization on 3DS are FE and BD, neither of which I care for, not after Awakening.
MonsterHunter and EtrianOdyssey, the only games I care about, are still going strong wihtout any of the bullshit.

>>337241008
>rogue squadron
yup that was it
>>
>>337238802
>Super Mario Galaxy 1 + 2
>both get 97s

what's so great about Super Mario Galaxy? I have pirated both of them on my Wii about 4 years ago and I never got past the first few levels of either of them
>>
>>337242030
nice blog
>>
>>337241764
You honestly think he will change neo-nintendo back to its former self?
>>
File: 1446550225907.jpg (102 KB, 709x575) Image search: [Google]
1446550225907.jpg
102 KB, 709x575
>>337242134
Every picture of him after becoming CEO just makes him look like a bewildered old man.
>>
>>337242076
Mario galaxy 2, for me, is the better game b a lot i would say. And yes, they do need indeed 20 or so stars to become good, not only good, but masterpieces. The music, the art style, the level design, the smooth gameplay. All of it is a rollercoaster. The only thing lacking was the challenge, which later on caught up with the purple coins and the grand champion galaxy.
>>
>>337242328
want he supposed to be a Fill-in Ceo anyway?
>>
What makes that game absolutely irredeemable is that you HAVE to have the amiibo figurine to play it. You can't just use the cards
>>
>>337235532
>Your the fucking idiot expecting a full game
Literally everyone on /v/ was expecting a full blown game. The amiibo leaks, that Wii u community thing, all of the HD assets
>>
>>337238881
>>337237175

He's right though. I don't want online games.
Single player is where it's at.
>>
>>337243504
read>>337236079
Apparently, it's to much to ask for a """Full""" game and you have to eat up every piece of shit neo-nintendo is shitting out.
>>
File: hax pls.jpg (60 KB, 695x487) Image search: [Google]
hax pls.jpg
60 KB, 695x487
>>337243817
>Single player is where it's at.
Which nintendo hant done a sinlge good one since.... fuck, when was the last time a good single player nintendo game came out? Holy shit.
>>
>>337243872
I'm still mad almost a year later. The worst part is people gobbled up the fucking amiibos and support that shit
>>
>>337244001
People love amiibo yeah, but not fro the reason neo-ninty thinks they do. They unirnocially think that people like amiibo because of the DLC they offer, and not for the fact that its official nintendo merchandise.
>>
>>337244184
Didn't Iwata come out and say people were using amiibo wrong for that reason?
>>
>>337243959

Tropical Freeze.
>>
File: Super_Mario_3D_World_box_art.jpg (206 KB, 250x353) Image search: [Google]
Super_Mario_3D_World_box_art.jpg
206 KB, 250x353
is this any good
>>
>>337246009
It's legit meh out of 10. Some levels look gorgeous and it has a nice soundtrack. But unless you're out to collect all the green stars and stamps it's pretty piss easy. Multiplayer with one other person is fun but 3 or 4 starts to become a clusterfuck.

Very inoffensive, pretty fun game. The only flaw is "not muh real Mario"
>>
>>337246009
Playing it single player (which i play Mario platformers for) its boring till the last worlds. So make sure you have friends to play with.
>>
I don't know if they're out of touch. They're weird, which I feel is a good thing, but at the same time my Wii U is FUCKING DEAD and has been for a long time.
>>
>>337248594
The wii u being dead so early means that the games moved to the NX.
At least i hope so.
>>
>>337234104
There's nothing inherently wrong with amiibos, and they could have just as easily made New Leaf U and added amiibo functionality. That is a game I like. I would have bought that.
But Animal Crossing Party: Paywall was an awful idea.
>>
>>337246009
My only complaint is that it's too easy
>>
File: 1440244419614.jpg (23 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1440244419614.jpg
23 KB, 403x403
>>337234104
>We thought it would be cute. We thought fans would be happy.
>We thought
No you fucking didn't.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.