[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bloodborne better than dark souls 3?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: index.jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8 KB, 300x168
Before I start I am just going to say that I have played every Souls/borne game since demon souls and have be involved in pvp since dark souls and have put hundereds of hours in to each game. Each have their ups and downs and I am not here to bash on Dark Souls 3 or hype bloodborne I am here to dicuss the feel of each game and explain why I think Blood borne is a better game for pve and pvp then Dark souls 3. First lets begin with Dark souls it was the best and the first for a lot of people I played Demon souls before it but it did not hook me in like dark souls did. Something about the style the world just pulled me in the combat felt great the lore was gothic and interesting my first build was a faith Dex build but I would never pvp with it only kill some invaders with WoG spam but i enjoyed the game and I enjoyed being summoned for co-op a lot. Do you remeber the first time we saw kirk ? How amazing it was to get his armor for fighting him 3 times? Or what about the Dragon covenant? it was amazing to be able to turn into a creature of the world. Become a Dark wraith was great too it was so hidden at first and rewarded players for actively denying the standard hero quest line. The thing about dark souls 1 that made it so good was a bunch of fresh ideas and coveanats that made the world feel fleshed out despite the lack of direct story telling.
>>
Now lets get into Dark Souls 3 I'll start off by saying it is an amazing single player game and a very good sequel to dark souls and delivers on all the things a sequel should. There are some minor issues but the game delievers as the sucessor of dark souls. But thats it's issue thats all the game is you can see it in the pvp the way invading and magic has changed so much due to player complaints. It has been shaped in a way they think fans want it to be shaped detracting from orginaility to an extent.
>>
I have 1 lord of cinder left and its pretty much the 3rd best souls game out there.
Protip: DS2 is in last place
>>
I loved the bosses and the levels but certain changes to the core game play like magic and hexes being nerfd and poise being removed really destroyed many intresting build possbilites and I feel like this was due to player complaints in the old games.
>>
(sorry for the fragmented post ran out of space)

Now last but not least lets discuss bloodborne at launch it was not so impressive with its long loading times and few weapons.
>>
>>337234047
Magic still stronk. I set my sign outside twin Princes yesterday and the other summon practically beat them on his own.
>>
That being said with the addtion of the DLC it became a master piece for me I ran to try the new weapons and builds arcane being the build I first beat the game with. Once i actually played through bloodborne I fell in love with the fast paced combat and unique world and lore filled with twists and dark gothic sci-fi elements. My second build was a str focused build with the pizza cutter and gattling gun it was amazing Invading and destroying people with this build I actually got to use a chain saw and rip the shit out of people and then fill them with bullets if they chose to ran away.
>>
I was so amazed and fell in love with the combat and unique style even more it was like dark souls with guns and technology implmented properly. Now we get to the build that made bloodborne the game i favor most in the series. The beast claw build there is no describing the level of hype I felt making this build I rushed past gascan to get the first fist weapon the stake driver it was the hardest weapon for me to use but i had no choice but to get good because /i wanted to be good with fist weapons before I got my claws. The feeling of destroying tough bosses and fighting my way to the bottom of several chalice deugeons with only this stake driver was so intense then having to beat ludwig and the flame cleric beast with my new found weapon was simially intense when i finally became a true beast with my claws the form and the blood gems I ran right to pvp and destroyed. I was truely a monster the effort i put in was rewarded diepite /vg/ telling me beast claws sucked for pvp i ripped apart so many people I won at least 10 times more then I lost making more then enough insight to fully upgrade my pocket canon in no time. There is no build in any souls game that could top that feeling of triumph no souls build that felt so unique to me before. But the weapons in dark souls 3 as of right now in my eyes lack the potienal to do the same thing. The ting about bloodbrone pvp that made it interesting was that there was no dark blade or estoc
>>
everything was op if you used it correctly everything could be made viable even the shitty wooden shield you found everyone could have their own weapon baby and make it work but in dark souls 3 it does not feel that way simply put many weapons are just plain better then others. In conclusion what makes bloodborne a better game for me is the pvp , combat and the unique weapons and builds that had much more depth to them

End transmission
>>
I was disappointed by DaS2, and while I enjoyed DaS3, it left me underwhelmed after Bloodborne, which I have since revisited and now love even more. People complained about the lack of weapons and armor, but there are about 30 armor sets and they all look incredible, same with the weapons. It is quality over quantity. People also complained about the fashion, but I didnt enjoy much of what Dark 3 had to offer in that respect compared to Bloodborne. This is the reason I hope BB does not get a sequel. Just let a great game stand on its own please. It got tiresome seeing the same weapons and armor sets pop up in Dark Souls 3 after seeing it all before in two games.
>>
File: 1462670468832.jpg (165 KB, 800x567) Image search: [Google]
1462670468832.jpg
165 KB, 800x567
>tl;dr
A corpse should be left well alone
>>
>>337233660
Nice formatting, nerd.
>>
This is a nice blog, OP.
>>
File: image.jpg (375 KB, 780x1224) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
375 KB, 780x1224
Bloodborne has such strong focus and vision that it's by default going to be a better, tighter experience than the third entry in a series

that being said, they're both great
>>
File: 20160511081121_1.jpg (565 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160511081121_1.jpg
565 KB, 1920x1080
Dark Souls 3 is simply superior in almost every way.

Setting is why most people would prefer Bloodborne, something purely subjective. In terms of boss design and difficulty, Dark Souls 3 is better. In terms of sheer content, Dark Souls 3 is better

Bloodborne gave you 20~ armor sets (all some cloth variation), no shields and 15 total weapons upon release.

Dark Souls 3 has 70+ armor sets and 15 fucking LONGSWORDS for comparison
>>
>>337235482
BB is more difficult. For now, I think.
>>
Is bloodborne a souls game y/n?
>>
File: lel.jpg (229 KB, 1044x770) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
229 KB, 1044x770
>>337235632

Sure
>>
>>337235665
Yes and no.
>>
>>337235707
He didn't even complete Old Hunters. Also, Chalice dungeons.
>>
I'm burned out on the series now I think. Havent touched DAS3 in weeks after beating it. It felt totally unmemorable.
>>
>>337235482
I believe Dark 2 has the biggest abundance of equipment options but it's unequivocally the worst in the series.
>>
>>337235707
So easy that he needed to grind 52 levels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlbqvqkJs0w
:^)
>>
DaS3 has way too many one hit kills and teleport grabs to actually be good. Its bullshit
>>
I personally like BB the best. Fromsoft isn't great at sequels. I would trade DS2 and 3 for two new games in a heartbeat. DeS DS and BB were all great.
>>
>>337235482
combat
>>
Well one game is an unrivaled classic that stands distinguished in the series/genre (Bloodborne) and the other is the tired final entry of a series that's petering out and artistically bankrupt.
>>
Is Sotfs worth buying for $20 if I played vanilla Ds2 for 200+ hrs?
>>
>>337235482
I wish they had done more with the weapon movesets through arts or something. The weapons still feel way too fucking samey especially coming off of bloodborne.
>>
>>337237437
nah its not worth buying, but could you buy it for me?
>>
Bloodborne was my first and only souls game. I was expecting hardest game ever, but its actually easier than some other games I played before it. Played the nioh demo before it, which made me want to try the souls games. The nioh demo was far more difficult than any part of BB. Whats the hardest souls game? I hear its either BB or the first Dark Souls.
>>
>>337235482
>and 15 fucking LONGSWORDS
which is precisely where DS3 fails. There was so much focus on bloating the weapon count that we ended up with weapon classes where all the weapons are nearly identical and have very little time or effort put into any of them, even moreso than in DS2.
>>
>>337237835
Dark Souls 1 is an incredibly clever and well though-out game (not saying it's perfect though) that you should experience for more than just it's difficulty.

The actual difficulty of the souls games is far less than what is perceived by casual players and the mainstream gaming press, and difficulty is not the point of the games, at all.
>>
>>337233660

Comparing Bloodborne and DS3 really has driven home the difference between variety and bloating.

Every weapon in Bloodborne is viable and I run into a ton of different ones contantly.
Ds3 has a ton of weapons but most are the same other than one or two moves with one weapon in a class being superior most of the time, and most weapon classes being useless outside of pve challenge runs; and even in there those weapon classes have one superior weapon to use.
>>
If they fix the phantom range of Estocs and Straight Swords, I'll say DS3 is the better game.
>>
>>337235275
I like this, would probably put Dark Souls 3 on equal footing with Demon's Souls and Vanilla Dark Souls though
>>337235632
BB is pretty easy compared to other Souls if you don't attempt All chalice dungeons and don't only think about Kos, who is easily the hardest boss in the series
>>
NK is piss easy compared to Kos.

Put Kos is a Dark Souls game and I'm telling you, people will cry.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.