[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the little Lothric such a little bitch? >Abyss Watchers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56
File: Little Bitch.jpg (17 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
Little Bitch.jpg
17 KB, 210x240
Why is the little Lothric such a little bitch?

>Abyss Watchers doing their job, holding off the abyss even though it means killing their entire order
>Yhorn is over taken, makes his friend promise to kill him
>Aldritch, literally a mindless monster who eats corpses and has no higher brain power
>Lothric "I don't want to do this... I'm going to sit here with my older brother behind an army of soldiers and do nothing but sit on my nice comfy bed."

I liked the fight, but god the second I hear his voice I start getting irritated.
>>
How was yhorm overtaken?
>>
File: YES VERY GOOD INDEED.jpg (337 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
YES VERY GOOD INDEED.jpg
337 KB, 1920x1080
I wonder what could be behind this state of affairs
>>
>>337232198
The game implies he was either overtaken by the abyss as well, or went completely hollow. It's tied directly to Siegward's questline.
>>
>>337232198
His eyes are glowing red, he's an abyssal
>>
>>337232103
homolust
>>
>>337232103
Is Lothric the Shinji of Dark Souls 3?
>>
>>337232103

Rise....would you...?
>>
File: 1461067375709.jpg (12 KB, 300x159) Image search: [Google]
1461067375709.jpg
12 KB, 300x159
>Gets a comfy bed and doesn't even fight
>Older brother who also can't walk and does all the hard work sleeps on the floor by the corner
I think you're on to something
>>
Lore implies that Lothric was influenced by a Scholar (maybe Aldia) to deny the power of the First Flame. He realizes that the cycle is bullshit and he just wants to watch the world die with his brother
>>
>>337233382
>maybe Aldia

don't post in a lore thread ever again kid
>>
>>337232103
>Aldrich has no higher brain power

Don't be silly, he's like Seath, a smart and cunning fucker who just doesn't talk in the game. It even talks about how Aldrich dreamed of the Age of Deep Sea and decided to eat the Gods like Gwyndolin
>>
>>337233443
Yeah, it's definitely Aldia.
>>
>>337233527
u have been blacklisted from getting your theories added to a vaatividya video
>>
he wasn't afraid, he was convinced not to
>>
>>337233443
Its the best theory ive heard besides "Lothric is a little bitch who cant be bothered to get off his bed and do the right thing".
>>
>>337233443
I suppose you're one of those people who thinks That DaS 2 isn't canon?
>>
>>337232264
>Miracle of Gertrude, the Heavenly Daughter.Brings down multiple pillars of light in vicinity.The Queen's holy maiden Gertrude was visited by an angel, who revealed this tale to her.Despite losing both her sight and voice, she was determined to record the tale. Ordinary men cannot decipher her fragmentary scrawl, nor comprehend how it became the foundation of the Angelic faith of Lothric.

Is it serpents? What did they wanted to achieve with this?
>>
>>337233986
I hope the DLC addresses this, otherwise we'll never know
>>
File: 1458026964726.jpg (65 KB, 960x681) Image search: [Google]
1458026964726.jpg
65 KB, 960x681
>>337234157
>mfw the DLC will be better than the main game just like the Old Hunters DLC is better than base Bloodborne
>>
>>337234332
That's been the case for all of the souls DLC
>>
>>337234415
Did Demon Souls have an expansion? It's the only one I haven't played.
>>
File: crab.jpg (139 KB, 706x500) Image search: [Google]
crab.jpg
139 KB, 706x500
>>337234415
>Still no Land of Giant's Archstone DLC
>>
>>337234526
No. They had a cut area with giants that would probably have ended up being DLC.
>>
>Aldritch, literally a mindless monster who eats corpses and has no higher brain power
So Pontiff was the one who decided to feed him gods? But why tho? Sorry, not too up on the lore.
>>
>>337232971
No because Shinji actually did shit in the end. Plus although he would complain, he would be the one to pick up the slack. Give him a break he was 14 years old.

Plus:
>Shinji makes out with a 28 year old and a 14 year old
>has bitches all over him
>rei wants it too
>Shinji jacks off all over Asuka, humiliating her
>chokes her

Honestly who is more lowkey badass than Shinji?
>>
>>337232971
Link the fucking fire, Lothric.
>>
>>337232906
>It's just quality weed
>>
>>337234742
See>>337233518

OP is incorrect
>>
>>337232971
You can't say that without someone posting this.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r4O6ttzNxBg
>>
>>337234897
He's a faggot (literally)
>>
>>337233986

Probably

One came as a winged angel to get them to do what it wanted, I'm guessing

Statue
the descriptions
>>
>>337235458
Are snakes shapeshifters or what?
>>
>>337235146
If you're talking about his run in with the 13th angel. Shinji isn't gay, he's just never met someone who has cared about him for doing nothing at all. His dad expects him to pilot the Eva and risk his life, same thing is Misato. Rei is the only one who connects to him really, but judging by the show, Shinji is clearly attracted to Asuka, he constantly stares at her, tried to make out with her in her sleep and shit. He's mentally fucked up but he's not gay. The 13th angel was gay. If you watched End of Eva, Asuka and Shinji were the last alive, kind of leading into an "Adam and Eve" scenario. Although she's disgusted in him for busting a nut on her while she's unconscious, she knows Shinji is the only one that can relate to her mental pain and the abandonment of asuka's mom/ shinji's father
>>
>>337232103
Why the Fuck would you want to link the fucking fire and continue the broken cycle that does nothing?
>>
I would fill his boipussy with my cum
>>
>>337232264
Pretty much the jews of Dark Souls
>>
>>337235862
We have 3 options:

1. link the fire (frampt wins)
2. end the fire (opportunity to give the serpents the finger for once but ultimately might help kaathe)
3. usurpation (kaathe wins, you willingly become kaathe's bitch)

There's no way to win. So, endings are bullshit. You lose no matter what.
>>
>>337236274
Exactly so he did the right thing by saying fuck this shit.
>>
>>337235862
Whatever you choose, the fire reappears and the cycle starts again.
>>
He wanted to get in on some of that "fuck this shit" choice the Bearer did in DS2. Unfortunately since he's just a waifish cripple with a beefy legless brother and not a world-traveling badass he just kinda sat around instead of seeking an alternative.
>>
>>337236384
after hundreds of if not thousands of years. Gywn was a pitty fuck who didn't want his kingdom to end so now we are stuck in a bullshit cycle.
>>
Aldrich eats them alive tho. Gwyndolina was in the process of being eaten when you btfo him.
>>
>>337232103
Dude is literally inbred. He's the Charles II of Dark Souls.
>>
>>337235862
Gwyn fucked up when he killed dragons, everyone is just getting by now because things will never be right again.
>>
>>337233518

Seath also went mad due to the research he was doing, it's clearly states this several times in the game. Big hat Logan went mad also looking into the same research of crystals.
>>
>>337236718
>Gwyn was petty because he wanted to prolong the Age that brought his race prosperity and power by sacrificing himself, essentially burning away his own soul which was easily the most powerful Lord Soul

Yup
>>
>>337237124
People should really stay the fuck away from that crystal shit. There's something of a precedent for madness. Seath, Logan, Duke Tseldora, Crystal Sages, Oceiros, I think the spells merchant as well. It's just bad shit.
>>
>>337233518
Seath was basically fucking mindless by the time of Dark Souls and Aldrich was effectively just a quasi-sentient mass driven by the desire to consume.
>>
>>337237214
>Faggot disturbs the nature cycle of the world for power
>Once his age is about to end again he decieds to fuck the world even more by putting in a even worse cycle. He is a greedy fuck who didn't understand his time was over. His race was also done for by the time he left to link the flame and he knew it. His knights are all failures his first born son knew he was wrong and left him. His daughter is a whore for dragons (his most hated enemy) and his youngest is a failure trying to cling onto the shadow of his dad. The gods are scum let their world turn to ash.
>>
>>337232103
You know he kinda looks like one of the brainsuckers from Bloodborne in this picture
>>
>>337237679
>>337237214
And I am a retard who forgot to hit space
>>
>>337237543
>Not snorting crystal meth.
>>
>Gwynevere left anor londo and fled to lothric.
>Married Oceiros and had children The twin princes
>Oceiros went mad trying to turn himself into a everlasting dragon, also tried to create a dragon. (Like Priscilla in panted world)
>Had research on crystals form dukes archives via crystal sages
>As he went mad it fell on the princes to link the flame, but they had spoken to Darkstalker Kaathe who told them the truth.
>Said fuck it, not linking the flame.
>>
The Age of Fire sucks. The Age of Dark sucks. The Age of Ancients, presumably, sucked for non-dragons. And evidently there are no other options. Even Usurpation is basically just the Age of Dark but you're carrying the power of the flame around which has worked super well for others in the past. Shit, I'd probably throw up my hands and hang out in my fucking palace too. What a shitshow.
>>
>>337238050
It says that Rosarias first born stole her tongue, you saying Lorian stole her tongue?
>>
>>337238050
I still feel like the guy they talked to was Aldia, as iirc it refers to him as one of his teachers and a scholar, which doesn't really fit the bill for Snake Satan.
>>
>>337238050
Oceiros isn't Flamm.
>>
>>337238169
>Rosarias is gywnverse
nice head canon faggot
>>
>>337238169
We still don't know if Rosaria is Amazing Chest or another kid. She could be fuckin Gertrude for all I know, her cage in the Archives was busted open and there was a slugman nearby
>>
>>337238104
So you're saying Age of ancients is objectively better?
>>
>>337232103

He is the only sane person in DS world beside Andre.

>Abyss Watchers doing their job, holding off the abyss even though it means killing their entire order
Yeah, and now they are corrupted by Abyss too. Entire legion burned for fucking nothing.

>Yhorn is over taken, makes his friend promise to kill him
Profaned Capital went to shit, although of Yhorm`s sacriface.

What was the profit of linking? It does not help or save anything. Spent last days in comfy bed with his bro was the best decision.
>>
>>337238382
I mean, for most beings, probably it was really awful, but I guess the dragons had a good time. So, in a manner of speaking, I guess? But overall unless you're a winged stone immortal monster you're always getting shafted.
>>
>>337238368
Why are you able to get Bountiful Light from Rosaria's soul then? She's related to Gwynevere in some shape or fashion.
>>
>>337235692

Potentially

Or, it's artistic license with the statue

Though, "wings" are quite explicit, so I'd say he gave them a decent reason to put them on the statue. He also probably gave the fat Cherubs their wings somehow, probably through rebirth/risen undead.

1 shows the Serpents as big fuckers; like necks and heads that can go anywhere through tunnels already built for them. Seems like they're stuck this way, and you don't get the impression that they have a humanoid body anywhere near the neck.

Hopefully DLC will explain this shit.
>>
>>337238257
Flamm is just a lie the gods made so they wouldn't have to admit their kings daughter is a dragon fucker.
>>
File: 1461616348628.jpg (138 KB, 600x848) Image search: [Google]
1461616348628.jpg
138 KB, 600x848
>>337238104
Age of Dark has never been tried.

DaS1? Solaire links the flame if you walk away
DaS2? Fire doesn't fucking end
>>
>>337238050
>Lothric and Lorian are both Solaire
>every boss you ever fought in a Dark Souls game is Solaire
>it was all just a sick game Solaire was playing with the world

It's all true.
>>
>>337238546
Why does Undead Legion soul give you Artorias Greatsword? They must be the same person
>>
>>337232264
I swear if they don't release dlc where I can finally ram my fume sword up this faggots snake butthole I'll be pissed as hell
>>
>>337233443
>>337233603
>Soul Stream
>Sorcery imparted by the first of the Scholars, when Lothric and the Grand Archives were but young.
>Fires a torrential volley of souls.
>The first of the Scholars doubted the linking of the fire, and was alleged to be a private mentor to the Royal Prince.

>A secret art unleashes a gush of souls.
>The homing soul mass pierces its target, then hits repeatedly for additional damage.
>This blasphemous spell is a family heirloom of Lord Aldia's. It was designed to pummel foes until its power is entirely exhausted.

From the translation pastebin:
>It should be noted that in Japanese, this is the same spell as "Soul Geyser" in Dark Souls 2. Also, the description of the spell in 2 calling it a family heirloom is erroneous; It is said to be An-Dil's (Aldia's) "legacy", suggesting that he created it.
>Soul Stream ソウルの奔流
>Soul Geyser ソウルの奔流
>SAME
>NAME

It was Aldia you sperg, get fucked dasdrecks.
>>
>>337238667
I never said she's the same person, learn to read. I just said she has to be related some how.
>>
>>337238546
My personal belief is that the Queen of Lothric, whether that be Rosaria or an unseen character, is a descendant of Gwynevere and Flamm. I don't have any concrete proof for this but it makes more sense than Gwynevere being directly there.
>>
File: 1462131718964.png (827 KB, 623x580) Image search: [Google]
1462131718964.png
827 KB, 623x580
>>337238624
The only dragonfucker i see is you. Now piss off with your silly little headcannon you twat.
>>
>>337238625
DaS2 never felt like I was linking anything, felt more like I stumbled upon a forgotten kingdom while trying to cure my hollowing
>>
>>337238382

Only if you're a purebred dragon

Trying to fake it by being a transdragon like Oceiros clearly doesn't work
>>
>>337238739
Read the Divien blessing from dark souls 3 Gywnverre married the king of lothric get over it Flann was fucking nobody anyway he never even showed up or did anything important
>>
>>337238624
I feel like Seath probably didn't plant the seed of Priscilla in Gwynevere without a fight, so she left afterward because nobody really did anything cause Gwyn had such a hardon for protecting Seath. Then she probably met Flamm.
>>
>>337238851
so King Lothric NTR flann? This starts to sound like my kind of h-anime.
>>
>>337238625
Age of dark HAS been tried. What did you think that black abyss area was? Iudex Gundyr failed to reach the fire in time and it went out.
>>
>>337238750
Vendrick tried to make the Age of Dark work but after seeing the soul he gave up and ran away.

>>337238851
>Oceiros tried to become a dragon in order to stop his wife from cucking him.

It all makes sense.
>>
>>337238546

Maybe Rosaria was was a failed experiment of Oceiros with Gwynevere (which would be why she's the godess of rebirth) and had her tongue cut out so she could never tell anyone.
>>
>>337238982
No it didn't.
That area is in the past, before the bell rang.
>>
File: giants.png (395 KB, 503x392) Image search: [Google]
giants.png
395 KB, 503x392
>>337238750
No, you travel there explicitly to find a cure, because Vendrick snatched every mothafucker Kiln for himself and his shitty northern shithole of a country.
You can see dead/dormant giants and dead/hollowed drangleic invaders in DaS3 Anor Londo.
>haha silly anon, but das2 giants are not das1 giants and das2 giants came from a mystery giant land!
Check your eyes fellas, they have holes under the masks in 3.
>>
>>337238750
the true ending of Das2 made you walk away from the whole thing. Aldia, Vendrick, and Nashandra died for nothing.
>>
>>337238982
The dark area champ was in wasn't that bad at all though. It was kinda peace ful
>>
>>337239020
I wonder who the slugman is that she's cradling. I think we've only got two slugmen identified, one being the xanthous guy if you miss him and (speculatively) the red soapstone guy being the third Archdeacon.
>>
>>337233986
The serpents have had their giant schnozzes in humanity's business since the early days. They brought Oolacile and Lordran to ruin and thats the kingdoms we know for a fact they fucked over. They are probably responsible for helping Manus' shattered self spread (being creatures of the abyss they likely knew you rekt him and helped him partially reform for future use) across the world and seduce kings of other lands with promises of power (which basically means they likely played a part in Drangleic's death as well)

They're malicious as fuck, you cant even say 'hurr they're like the Gman they serve some higher power for an ambiguous cause'. No, they serve only themselves, and the abyss.
>>
>>337238902
He was scaleless and crystalless at the time anyone could of fucked him up.
>>
>>337239163
Aldia never died, he is an immortal fire bush man.
He is the only boss that doesn't give any reward in souls or a boss soul item.
Hell, he even fucking narrates your departure, the whole fight was just a test of faith kind of affair.
>>
>>337239126
During an age of dark. The firekeeper had JUST died.
>>
>>337232971
Get in the fucking kiln, Shinji!
>>
>>337235146
Kaworu was the first person to be nice to Shinji in a way that he could handle and what he wanted. Of course an emotionally stunted kid like Shinji is gonna form an attachment of some sort to Kaworu. Compare that with Misato who is trying to act like more of a terrible mother figure, or Rei who is too busy being a doll obsessed with obeying Gendo/understanding herself, or Best Girl who only knows how to be abrasive and not open up to anyone while slowly falling into near catatonic depression.
>>
>>337239318
I don't see how that's a bad thing.
>>
>>337233382
This

All this horrible shit happened because of Gwyn unnaturally extending the age of fire and only makes people more miserable in the long run, just let it go already.
>>
>>337239136
What about Yhorm? He very clearly has a humanoid face and skull.
>>
>>337237214
>ends the age of the dragons and brings prosperity and light to his kingdom/world
>tries every way to keep his people alive
>sacrifices himself to keep the Age of Fire going, knowing it was a just a stop gap measure
>he and his knights are just husks of their former selves
>he sees that you've come for him
>not words, just walks forward to either prolong or accept his fate
>>
>>337239447
Halfbreed
>>
>>337239284
Nah, even non-immortal Seath was legit, he obviously contributed enough to the defeat of the dragons to not only earn a dukeship from the famously dragon- hating Gwyn but also his undying loyalty. And Gwyn never let anybody touch him anyway, he literally locked up one of his best soldiers forever for talking shit about Seath.
>>
>>337238546
You can get bountiful light from 2 unique squid creature in das.
These creature were implied to be the handmaidens of Gwynevere.

Rosaria is most likely the same.
>>
>>337237665
It's made pretty clear that Aldrich is trying to bring about the "Age of Deep Water" whatever that is.
>>
>>337239387
It isn't, but we've seen an age of dark. It's just kind of generally shit, nothing like the "Glorious age of man" implied by the primordial serpents. And then the fire inevitably gets relit by some champion or another (Flames burning in the distance, like the embers of lords of old) and everything is hunky-dory for a while.
>>
>>337239517
Havel got out though and somehow made it all the way to where the nameless king is.
>>
what did kaathe think of manus? was kaathe a servant of manus and his abyss or was manus just another puppet?
>>
>>337239504
Pretty shitty explanation supported by nothing within the game.
>>
>>337239616
That was probably just a havel warrior.
>>
>>337239550

No. It's clear that Pontiff Sulyvahn is trying to bring about the age of the deep. Aldrich is trying to bring about the age of tasty human tendies.
>>
>>337239643
Pretty sure it was in his armor description before it got taken out.
>>
>>337239550
I thought it said he dreamt of that and feared it, and was consuming the gods to attain power to subvert this fate he saw as inevitable. While Pontiff was mainly just letting him go hogwild to get more power, because Souls Hitler.
>>
File: charthing.jpg (536 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
charthing.jpg
536 KB, 1920x1080
Do you like me?
>>
>>337239447

When Giants hollow they get the hole in the face Representing the abyss/deep and eventually turn into tree things. From what I gathered. Seems not to just be giants as you see some human corpses turned into trees too.
>>
>>337239571
But the bell rings when the link of fire is threatened.
The fire was still there when Gundyr fucked up.
>>
>>337239616
You kill the real Havel in DS1, anyone else with that set is one of his soldiers, who were identical to him.
>>
>>337239804
Wasn't he the only one who had a inhuman amount of strength next to smough though. Or did they just make it to Gywn has a army of badasses that could rip dragons teeth out with their bare hands?
>>
>>337239804
The bell brought him back to life.
>>
>>337239643
Rapebaby, most like, the logistics of which make my entire groinal region cringe internally

He is said to be the descendant of an infamous conqueror
>>
File: 1388161.jpg (278 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1388161.jpg
278 KB, 800x600
Babby's first class
>knight
>assassin

Manly men's club
>deprived
>herald
>>
>>337239786
The bell rang and roused gundyr. He was the champion that was going to succeed. The abyssal graves is basically the very end of last cycle. Then some dude lit himself on fire, and there was once again fire to be threatened, and the bell rang once more when the fire started dying down.
>>
>>337239635
I think Kaathe probably contributed to the madness and corruption of the pygmy, exacerbated by convincing Oolacile to basically just rip shit from the pygmy for centuries, until Manus snapped and unleashed the abyss and Kaathe was fucking psyched. Kaathe is literally just the devil.
>>
>>337239447
>Yhorm is the descendant of an ancient conqueror, but was asked by the very people once subjugated to lead them, serving as both a weighty blade and a stone-hard shield.
He's just a big guy (for you). It's a title, it'd be meaningless to give a giant "THE GIANT" nickname because there are plenty of giants in Londo and there is nothing particular special about them.
We can't really say who's his conqueror ancestor was, maybe someone from Balder, maybe it was Vendrick.
>>
>>337239958
>Pick hearld
>Start out with shit stats a shit weapon and shitty heal
Fucking why mate.
>>
>>337239941
Pretty sure the shield and dragon tooth are standard kit for the havel forces.
>>
>>337240001
It was Ludleth wasn't it.
>>
>>337239941

Havel's ring was given to his troops, as well which allowed them to put the armour on only thing that I don't get is the dragons tooth. It's a weapon unique to him I think.
>>
>>337240083
>Dragon teeth are just normal to have now
Triggered
>>
>>337239668
>>337239719
When Aldrich ruminated on the fading of the fire, it inspired visions of a coming age of the deep sea.
He knew the path would be arduous, but he had no fear. He would devour the gods himself.

From the description of Aldrich's soul. It's made abundantly clear he was the one who saw the Age of the deep sea, was not afraid and decided to devour a god to help bring about it, somehow.

None of that changes that Pontiff Sulyvahn imprisoned Gwyndolin for him to eat but it's pretty clear it was at his request.
>>
>>337239949
That really has no evidence, but even if that's true, it doesn't change what Gwyn did to the poor honorable holy motherfucker.
>>
Reminder that Andre isn't some reference to DaS1 Andre but is actually one and the same because he's best buddies with the Anor Londo blacksmith giant.
>>
>>337240021

He's a giant, don't be stupid

Why the fuck else would he look exactly like the giants from DS2 in the intro?
>>
>>337240118
Probably. He seemed very knowledgeable about everything in that area.
And he's so moe.
>>
>>337239719
I think Aldrich saw eating gods as a way for him to survive the Age of the Deep, not to subvert it.

Like, combining the power of every god within himself was the only shot he had of A) living long enough to reach the Age of the Deep and B) not getting killed by it.
>>
>>337239719
>>337239668
>Pontiff cocksuckers thinking their shitty boss means something
No faggot
>>
>>337239719
>Souls Hitler

kek seriously tho sully and aldritch are based
>>
>>337240193
Dragons have several you know. One dead dragon can equip a whole platoon.
>>
File: 1462565426443.jpg (49 KB, 585x675) Image search: [Google]
1462565426443.jpg
49 KB, 585x675
kaathe here, ama
>>
>>337240245
He doesn't look like them though, did you even play DaS3? He has a human face, they do not.
>>
>>337240291
mate his soul even said he had no fear, He was going to eat the deep instead of be eaten.
>>
>>337239550
>>337239668
>>337239719
No Aldritch was a priest who ate men.
He eventually ate so many he became this gooish mass because magic.
He then dreamed of an age of the deep that would follow the age of fire.
He then figured he'd need to be strong to survive in the deep, so he hunted gods to gain more power.
Pontiff locked him in Anor Londo to stop him ravaging Irithyrll and to gain control over the area without Gwnydolin interfering because he's been eaten.
>>
File: 114273-hi.jpg (71 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
114273-hi.jpg
71 KB, 636x358
>>337240265
Thank you.
>>
File: armed.jpg (52 KB, 428x383) Image search: [Google]
armed.jpg
52 KB, 428x383
>>337240038
That's why it's in the manly men club, deprived isn't much better.
>>
>>337239958
>good classes that are of use depending on your build
knight
warrior
pyromancer
sorcerer
thief
deprived

>whatever
assassin

>never useful in any way, always inferior for every build
herald
>>
>>337240312
>implying sully isn't responsible for no less than half of the bullshit that's gone wrong in Lothric
>>
>>337240083
>Created from an everlasting dragon tooth that will never break.
>Left by Havel himself, along with his boulder-like great shield. Grants its wielder resistance to magic and fire.

I don't know man, seems like only Havel himself wielded the Dragon Tooth.
>>
File: 1462227787104.webm (2 MB, 720x406) Image search: [Google]
1462227787104.webm
2 MB, 720x406
>>337240245
How is that relevant when you can see his fucking human face in Siegwards quest intro?
>>337240312
>insulting Pope Shiv Uchiha
Looks like someone's gonna get turned into a beast and forced to beg for forgiveness.
>>
>>337240490
>not thief
Boy I sure want to be a kind of intelligent hollowed build.
>>
>>337240448
Pontiff works for Aldrich. He's the pope for god's sake.
>>
>>337240193
The average human has 32 teeth

Not sure how much most reptilian creatures averagebut assuming you use the most prominent fangs as a base for the weapon that's at least two fangs per dragon hunted, assuming none are broken in the fighting, or are too rotted/cavity ridden to use as weapons.

With how many dragons they killed they probably had more than enough to outfit a sizable force.

And the armor could be made from stone archtree bark and hewn into armor, which would make it not only eco-friendly but incredibly cheap and easy to produce in huge quantities.
>>
>>337240448
From what I understand Aldritch was leading the church. Then Sully came in, take over the church and locked Aldritch in Anor Londo by baiting him with Gwyndolin.
>>
>>337240506
Nigga the only reason Sully gets away with his bullshit is because Lorian is a crippled retard and Lothic is diseased. Their whole army sits in their castle. Sully is a good character and does a lot of things in game but h e is B tier at best power level and lore wise,
>>
>>337239958
deprived is the best
>smooth stats
>can respec into anything
>>
>>337240578
Poor pontiff beast
They just want to be patted on the head and have their gaping stomach mouth rubbed.
>>
>>337240448
>Pontiff locked him in Anor Londo to stop him ravaging Irithyrll and to gain control over the area without Gwnydolin interfering because he's been eaten.
Everything you said is supported except this. Where do you faggots come up with this shit? I just read the description of the POntiff's souls so it's certainly not there.

Also, you are aware that Aldrich was in the Cathedral of the Deep at the start of the game right? He wasn't in Irithyll, he went back there to see how shit was going since he was forced to become a lord of cinder. When the bell's toll revived him though, he wasn't in Irithyll he was in his tomb in the cathedral of the deep.

So you think he went back, got locked up by the Pontiff and fed a god by him? Why on Earth would any of that happen?

It's pretty obvious Pontiff Sulyvahn took control in the period of Aldrichs absence after he was forced into being a lord of cinder. You don't have to make shit up anon, it's all in the game.
>>
File: dragonslayerarmour1_tc.jpg (674 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dragonslayerarmour1_tc.jpg
674 KB, 1920x1080
Did Ornstein had his own set of knights?
>>
>>337240362
>>337240629
It's about the amount of strength that is required to rip it out and use it.
>>
>>337240442
He could have no fear because he saw a path to surviving it, i.e. eating the most powerful beings in existence.

It's too ambiguous to say for certain what exactly Aldrich's goals were, outside of him having a prophetic vision about the Age of the Deep and deciding eating gods was for some reason an appropriate response to that.
>>
Does chaos storm really have 0int 0fth requirement?
>>
>>337240724
>smooth stats
Also known as
"Always going to have some stats wasted no matter what your build"
>>337240816
Nah that was probably just a fanboy.
>>
>>337240625
Aldrich is a sadistic giga-cannibal busy chewing on some trap boipucci
Pontiff clearly is the one in charge of the city.
>>337240704
Church of the Deep != Darkmoon Church.
>>
>>337239958
>Not always starting deprived with soul starting gift for those 13 starting levels
>>
>>337240794
Nothing support Sully took Aldrich from the cath of the deep to Anor londo. The doll even said Aldrich went home you fucking faggot
>>
>>337240816
Ornstein is a meme, he's whoever wears the armor.
>>
>>337240724
Actually it's the least efficient for any build. Magic builds should go Pyromancer and all others should go Knight as both have 8 luck. If you wanna do a niche luck build with no faith then go thief who ahs 8 faith.

Deprived has 2 dead points in at least one stat if you are doing an actually good build.
>>
>>337240872
Yep, it does require 2 attunement slots though
>>
>>337240816
Can someone explain the lore for this guy and the butterflies behind him?
>>
File: wake me up.jpg (315 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
wake me up.jpg
315 KB, 2560x1440
>>337240794
This.
>>
>>337240816
who the fuck knows what ornsteins doing at this point
>>
>>337240625
>>337240704
Pontiff doesn't work for him. He was high up in Irithyll, and realised that fighting Aldritch and the cathedral of the deep was a fucking dumb idea when he could just let them into anor londo.
They're allies. Not subordinate.
Pontiff was a sorcerer who became ambitious after seeing the profaned flame. Not a follower of Aldritch.

The Pontiff knights, Outriders, Vordt and Dancer are all part of Sulyvahn's group.
Aldritch is just an ally of circumstance.
>>
>>337240429
The DaS1 giants have faces under their masks as well.

The ones that sack Drangleic are different species entirely, they have a organized military with a navy that they used to shell the coastline and the fort, which demonstrates a higher level of intellect than the DS1 giants, who are kind of simple and slow, except for maybe Gough, and often in positions of menial labor or outright slavery.
>>
>>337240997
Ornstein is the king of the storm.
>>
>>337240963
It's an empty armor controlled by the butterflies.
>>
>>337241024
He's pontiff of the cathedral though read the fucking blade of judgement.
>>
>>337240816
I'd like to think that the red tassel their helms have is the thing that marks them as Dragonslayers.
>>
>>337240921
>He wasn't in Irithyll, he went back there to see how shit was going since he was forced to become a lord of cinder.
Reading comprehension much?

"he went back" implies he did so of his own free will. I never claimed the Pontiff took him there dumbass. Of course he went home of his own accord, that was my fuckign point.

Jesus, no wonder you faggots struggle to understand this game's' story, you can't read.
>>
>>337241036
Gough was pretty dull. He was a savant archer with access to the best education, but he thought he went blind when his eye slits were simply packed with resin.
>>
>>337240898
>Church of the Deep != Darkmoon Church.
What? Aldritch led the Deep before Sully took over.

>>337241024
He doesn't have to be a subordinate to take over Aldritch's church.
>>
>>337241098
Yeah the cathedral in Irithyrll that you fight him in dipshit. Not the cathedral of the deep you fucking nonce.
>>
>>337236384
Assuming there's just an age of fire and an age of dark. This 'Age of deep waters' thing throws the whole thing out of wack.
>>
>>337241063
>This meme again
>Ornstein ever being able to control the sunlight spear
Ornstein tried to talk smack to son of gwyn and got his ass handed to him
>>
>>337240482
Oh neat, theres a little illustration there

Looks like Gwyn doing something with a soul
>>
>>337240816
Nah, the knights of the firstborn where the dragonslayers, Orny was the first knight of the firstborn which is why he has a similar build.
>>
File: 1462464178071.jpg (219 KB, 1047x722) Image search: [Google]
1462464178071.jpg
219 KB, 1047x722
Here's a better question: Why does his brother drag himself around when he can teleport?
>>
>>337241103
A "Lord of Cinder" is less of a thing you become and more of a thing you are labeled as, I think. It's like marking for death, you look at the most powerful dudes with the most burnable souls and award them the title of future fodder.
>>
>>337240724
no it isn't. Deprived is only good for very few builds.

use https://sites.google.com/site/darksouls3stats/home to figure out which class is best for your build
>>
>>337241274
Lothric is teleporting him, Lorian can't do it of his own accord
>>
>>337241274
He can't.
Lothric teleports him with magic.
>>
>>337241214
Not the nameless king, the king of the storm.
>>337241274
He can't, only the younger brother can teleport. The younger brother is helping big bro smash the invaders.
>>
>>337241274
The brother cant, It's the younger prince that is supporting him during the first phase, You can even see him powering his older brothers sword up during the second phase when he charges the sword.
>>
>>337238104
Age of fire is good for a while. just like everything good it comes to an end.
>>
>>337240021
Wait wait, hold up, I have something to wank on here:

The Eleonora's description states that the Profaned Flame was triggered by descendents of "a certain oracle". There is literally only one character in the entire series who is called an Oracle: Alsanna.

The Ivory King is also described as being a Forossan warrior, who conquered Eleum Loyce, but fell in love with Alsanna and became a benevolent ruler instead, and vowed to protect the city from the Old Chaos underneath it.

Perhaps, long after his sacrifice, the Old Chaos began to stir again, and the people sought a new conqueror to save them, this time in Yhorm. Or perhaps, after so much time, the people of Eleum Loyce forgot that the Old Chaos was a BAD thing. Again, Eleonora describes the Profaned Flame as resulting from the "sin" of the Oracle's descendents. Perhaps the flame that Yhorm linked was the Old Chaos itself, which explains why as soon as he did so, the Capital was consumed in fire and destroyed.
>>
>>337241376
>>337241391
So he just let's him crawl the rest of the time? What a dick.
>>
>>337240816
>Sacred Oath
>"This is the tale of the Sun's firstborn, his faithful first knight, and the brave dragonslayer who served them both."
>>
>>337241469
Well he is a selfish prick for sitting in his comfy ass bed and not doing his fucking job
>>
>>337240963
Fanservice or

Gwynevere, the giant slut, wanted to cuck Oceiros again but with someone who was "related" to dragons. She made the armor of Orstein, the Dragon "Slayer" and gave it to a soldier to wear it while fucking her. Oceiros the big cuck dragonfag that he was decided to fuck off and to become a real boy. Lothric took over and decided to fuck his brother instead of linking the fire so chaos happened everyone died and the armor was just left there. The hollow faggots became butterflies and decided to fuck you because "why not?".
>>
>>337238658
but wait
>solaire was you the whole time
>>
File: Smug 3.png (429 KB, 519x468) Image search: [Google]
Smug 3.png
429 KB, 519x468
>>337241404
>Ornstein
>Knight of Gwyn and Dragonslayer
>Turning into a feathery chicken
Thats retarded
>>
>>337241228
So who the fuck did Artorias command? If Ornstein commanded the dragonslayers in Firstborn's stead, presumably the basic silver knights mostly, and Gough commanded the dragonslayer archers with the greatbows, and Ciaran had the Lord's Blades (who I think we never see), what about Arty? Unless he was a lone wolf
>>
>>337241101
>ornstein's helm never has a tassel for you because you're not a dragonslayer
deepest lores
>>
What i wanna know is what was it that the very Queen of Lothric had to grieve in the untended graves.
>>
>>337241297
Are you retarded? The game flat out tells you Lords of Cinder are really strong souls previously used to extend the flame, watch the opening again. Hawkwood tells you that Aldrich was the only one forced into aside from maybe Prince Lothric who flat out refused and thus never truly became a lord of cinder. He's also the only "Lord of cinder" to get a fire based powerup during his fight (where the boss looks like they are in embered form) because of this.

The game makes this abundantly clear multiple times. They are lord of cinder because that's all that's left of them, cinder. Cinder can still be used to start a fire though.
>>
>>337241668
Artoias and the knights are all failures who cares about them Smough Knighs when though.
>>
>>337241593
This.

Orstein is dead, killed by his sensei for murdering his pets.
>>
>>337241593
>implying you wouldn't do the same for the only guy you idolize
Both his spear and his armor are abandoned in the arena, and apparently the Lord of the Storm has a soul with a heavy affinity for lightning, which is weird for a dragon.
>>
>>337241731
>He's also the only "Lord of cinder" to get a fire based powerup during his fight (where the boss looks like they are in embered form) because of this.
Meant to say he's the only one who DOESN'T get the cinder based powerup. Aldrich, Yhorm and the Watchers all do.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 554x439
>>337236274
Note that Usurpation also comes with three Londor bitches ready to do whatever you want.

Maybe it ain't so bad.
>>
>>337241151
>thinks he went blind
>noscoped a fucking dragon out of the air

I think he just wanted a place to chill for a bit
>>
>>337241827
All right then faggot what could of turned him into a dragon like that?
>>
>>337241158
>What? Aldritch led the Deep before Sully took over.
Yes, and Sully never was a part of the Deep Cathedral.
Yorshka mentions that Sully took over the Anor Londo and the Darkmoon Church the moment Gwynny fell sick.
Deep Church has nothing to do with this.
>>
>>337241867
>wanting to fuck raisin people
>>
>>337241668
He is a lone wolf. He spent his time go into the Abbys "hence the name Abbys Walker" instead of actually do knight jobs and bolster ranks. All that because he wanted that Dusk sweet magical pussy.
>>
>>337241829
Well, he does kinda, but I think that's just Lorian's demonslaying sword. I wonder who he slew.
>>
>>337240245

He's probably "a giant" in that he ate tons of fucking souls.

He looks nothing like the giant archer, the giants you fight, the blacksmith, and Hawkeye; the "giant" race seem to be stocky and closer to LotR trolls

Yhorm would be like Ornstein after sucking up Smough (whom might actually be a giant under the gold armor).
>>
>>337241987
the demon prince
his sword straight up says so.
>>
File: Rise dear brother.jpg (421 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Rise dear brother.jpg
421 KB, 2560x1440
>>337241987
His brothers cunt.
>>
>>337241867
Three Londor bitches that are sent by Kaathe to create a new lord of londor, PC is probably just a puppet leader.
>>
>>337242083
I mean who the demon prince is.
>>
>>337242053
Yhorm is way fucking better then Ornstein what
>>
>>337241893
I don't know we have the firstborn son of former god almighty Gwyn right fucking there, in the middle of an area where you yourself can become dragonlike.
>>
>>337242119
the old demon king's (wife's) son
>>
>>337242096
oh man he looks like fucking macauley culkin
>>
>>337242119
The old demon kings son I would assume or something to do with the ivory king
>>
File: 20160506061821_1.jpg (193 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160506061821_1.jpg
193 KB, 1920x1080
>>337241867
I mean they are basically asking for it
>>
>>337242127

Yes, he is, but notice how Ornstein grew a heap?
>>
File: 07985487580.png (264 KB, 538x512) Image search: [Google]
07985487580.png
264 KB, 538x512
>>337241521
Why From went full whore on Ornstein dick?
He went from being the captain of a elite group to be the right hand of the goddamn firstborn, being mentored by him, having knights at his service and on top of that, being the captain of Gwyn elite group.

Nigger is basically Gwyn adopted son now.
>>
>>337241730
Probably the fact that Gundyr was too late.
>>
>>337236274
Except that even when you don't link the fire, someone else will so it doesn't matter what you do
>>
>>337242171
NOTHING supports the gods have transformation magic and the people who turn into dragons there turn into half breeds not full blown dragons

>>337242230
He is still no where near as tall as yhorm bad comparison
>>
>>337242227
Who's on the left? Anri?
>>
>>337242258
I mean, Ornstein was always the top guy of the group of Gwyn's top guys, it's not much of a stretch to say that he was directly working with the then-leader of Gwyn's army.
>>
File: two princes.png (230 KB, 436x352) Image search: [Google]
two princes.png
230 KB, 436x352
>>337232103
ONE TWO
PRINCES KNEEL BEFORE YOU
>>
>>337241987
It is. The description of the sword states that he slayed the Prince of Demons (really a good question who that is since most everyone associated with the demons was female) and that the demon eternally scorched his sword in flame.

Also he has the fire sword from the start whereas the other lords get their power up halfway through the fight. Also I said "fire based" but it's really only loosely fire based. It's obviously supposed to be like they are embered form as they give off the same effect the player does while in ember form. I believe it means Embers, the items, are Embers of the first flame you consume to gain its power.
>>
>>337242380
Anri's fucking dead man. You put a sword into her face.
>>
>>337242380
Anri shows up in the cutscene in the elite knight set. I think the rest of them are just more londor people.
>>
>>337239635
It is implied the Primordial Serpents are the true mastermind. For instance, they're the ones that resurrect Manus and tempt the 4 Kings of New Londo.

So long as they create a dark lord, they don't appear to care who they are.
>>
>>337242341

Yes, he's not as tall, but it's the same thing.

Same with Sif. He was small in the past, and he eventually grew to be massive.

Yhorm is just more powerful in that he sucked on a lot more souls after killing people (and it's said he killed a lot of people).
>>
>>337242436
I've only done one playthrough and I didn't go hollow.
>>
File: image.jpg (385 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
385 KB, 1920x1200
>>337232103
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>337234897
>shinji actually did shit

All I remember was him crying like a bitch while the city got destroyed. And when he finally gets in the eva to fight the rolling stones mouths, he pretty much just immediately gets BTFO and whisked away into the sky.
>>
>>337242538
He's gone more than an hour without a cock in him, he needs his brother to rise again.
>>
>>337241827
>>337241893
>>337242171
the nameless king's gear says he tamed a stormdrake and abandoned his godly duty and just rode it around having adventures his whole life.
it's not ornstein, it's just some animal. Ornstein's armor and weapon either mean Ornstein tried to kill senpai for betraying anor londo or threw his stuff away to become one of the scalies.
>>
>>337242258
He was always a huge badass though, one of Gwyn's four top knights.
>>
File: 20160502060602_1.jpg (298 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160502060602_1.jpg
298 KB, 1920x1080
>>337242380
I hate to tell you man but I put a sword in that ho
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (86 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
86 KB, 1280x720
>>337242428
>most everyone associated with the demons was female

T H I C C
>>
So Yorshka (and probably the rest of Anor Londo) are completely oblivious of what actually happened to their leader, right?
>"…I would speak to my brother of this, one day. Of the shining new hope that joined our dear company."
She also mentions how she'd be really happy to introduce you to Gwyndolin, but for some reason none of the wiki's have fucking full dialogue text.
I guess most likely pontiff took over when he fell sick and continued to rule on behalf of Gwyndolin, reasoning it with "he cant go in public guise, the Dark Moon is sick now put on the fucking ring".
>>
>>337234332

only the bosses were better in TOH. the level design was shit.
>>
My interpretation was that Lothric was supposed to be the next Lord of Cinder, but he said no fuck that I'll just let it burn out. So the bell automatically kicked in as a backup measure, and it grabbed 4 souls out of the First Flame that still had enough fuel left in them that, combined with stealing the power from Prince Lothric's soul, they could push an Unkindled's soul up to Lord of Cinder level who could link the Flame. Those 4 were supposed to just go to their thrones and die so their power could be consumed by whichever Unkindled was there, and then that fag better go throw himself on the Flame or we're all fucked.

But there were issues. Aldrich is a mindless blob so he just wandered off back home to eat more people. The Abyss Watchers revived to find themselves tainted by the Abyss, so they just got stuck in an endless murder cycle due to their unflinching commitment to their duty. Yhorm was either crazy at this point or just did not want to die again, so he went home too. The only one of the four who showed up was Ludleth, because he was nothing in life and only found importance in his death, linking the flame. So he'd gladly die to do it again and be important once more.

When the Unkindled finally ascended to Lord of Cinder level, the Soul of Cinder emerged as an amalgamation of all the previous Lords of Cinder (minus 4) to stop the linking of the Flame because they did not want the cycle to continue. Their souls had been burning for millennia, and they just wanted to fucking rest in peace. Ludleth might have been the only Lord of Cinder left who wanted the Flame to continue and to suffer forever, because he had nothing else. The rest, or at least most of them, regretted their decision and wanted to just finally be let go by the fire fading away. In a sense, the final boss fight of DS3 is against the First Flame itself.

I don't know if any of that is correct, but it's what I got from it.
>>
>>337242428
>Every demon was female
What no Ceaseless discharge is male and nothing supports any of the stray/fire sage demons tarus or capra demons being female.
>>
>>337242691
>but for some reason none of the wiki's have fucking full dialogue text.
That implies any of the editors have been able to Dorkmoon enough ears to get any dialogue out of her.
>>
>>337242691
Yorshka has an idea but doesn't really want to acknowledge it because its horrifying.
Since Gwnydolin is said in flavour text to have saved her from Aldritch, and got caught by him as a result.
>>
>>337233986
>>337235458

Nah, worship of angels is forbidden. But primordial serpent statues cover the city.
>>
File: laffin firekeepers.png (226 KB, 342x285) Image search: [Google]
laffin firekeepers.png
226 KB, 342x285
>>337242691
She thinks a nigga can fly, she a dum hoe.
>>
>>337242428
>(really a good question who that is since most everyone associated with the demons was female)
>When the only demon boss is the old demon KING
nigger what
>>
>>337242825
I assumed the demons were essentially genderless as they don't reproduce and are created by the chaos flame. The very fact that Ceaseless Discharge is explicitly referred to as male is what I am talking about though. He is like, the only demon/member of the witch's family that is stated to be male and he's dead.
>>
>>337242691
Who the fuck is Yorshka? I mean, I know she says she's a sibling to Gywndolin and Gwynevere, but under what circumstances would Gwyn produce a half-dragon? Priscilla doesn't count because she was more than likely Gwynevere's. Also Yorshka doesn't even follow the same naming convention. Is it possible she's just a child of Priscilla or actually Priscilla and Gwyndolin kinda brought her into the family as an adopted sibling after Gwyn died and couldn't enforce the Painted World shit anymore?
>>
>>337234640
Someone actually pieced that area back together from data left in the game, and it looked pretty cool.

It's similar to the Ivory King's castle in DaS2.

In fact, they probably used all the ideas from DeS to make that area.
>>
>>337240854
>path to surviving it,
How did he fail to see the random corpse walking up to him with a longsword and stabbing him to death?
>>
>>337242818
The Soul of Cinder is trying to protect the fire, it's a mindless husk like Gwyn. It doesn't know the fire is dying, all it knows it that it really, really likes to be comfy beside it.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.