[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Battlefield 1 only digital in burgerland
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: so it begins.jpg (241 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
so it begins.jpg
241 KB, 1680x1050
SHEEEEEEIIIIIIIITTT

http://www.vg247.com/2016/05/11/battlefield-1-pc-wont-be-released-on-disc-in-north-america/
>>
Who fucking cares
>>
>install bf4 with disk
>spend an hour waiting for updates
does it even fuckin matter anymore
you need DRM to play the game in the first place, so who cares if you don't have physical media.
>>
>>337230030
Maybe people with limited bandwidth don't want to expend their data budget before they have to download another 13 gig of patches?
>>
>>337230140
>people with limited bandwidth
get fucked
>>
>>337230140
>2016
>limited bandwidth
Fucking how?
>>
>>337229921
>tfw blu-ray never got popular on pc
>>
>>337230140
>limited bandwith
i don't think people in countries that still have that can even afford games to begin with
>>
>>337229921
Physical releases on PC are basically meaningless anyway since they all come with a single-use activation.
>>
>>337230140
This isn't Canada or Australia. Almost nobody has limited bandwidth.
>>
File: steam.jpg (147 KB, 956x953) Image search: [Google]
steam.jpg
147 KB, 956x953
>>337230387
Third world countries.
>>
>>337230561
wew
>>
>>337229921
I always buy my PC games physical if I can. Here in Australia it's usually cheaper to buy a PC games physically than it is to buy it digitally, and I'd rather have a copy of it on my shelf anyway.
>>
>>337230453
Anon, countries where people can't afford games have best internet on average.

I earn $400/month and it's considered pretty good here, I pay $15/month for uncapped gigabit.
>>
>>337229921
This is only depressing for us poorfags. I'm the guy that bought The Division for $29.99, thanks to merchant-kun on amazon selling the boxed copies for cheap.

Without physical, I'd be forced into paying the full $59.99. That's a big NO to that.
>>
>>337229921

why would you want
> game is 50GB+ in download size
> physical copy is only 15GB
> still need to download the rest
>>
>>337230853
>I'm the guy that bought shit for $29.99
You will always be poor if you continue to do idiotic things.
>>
>>337230387
I've had 5 different ISPs in America, and all have had caps. The worst part is they selectively enforce them. Sometimes you can go over it for months on end without a word, then suddenly they start threatening to cut you off if you don't stop going over.
>>
>>337230140
PC games don't actually come on discs anymore, just their installers do.
>>
I'm honestly kinda surprised this isn't blowing up right now. Was there a thread earlier? What happened to all the REEEEEEEEE that happened when devs tried to do this just a few years ago?
>>
>>337231534
Who cares about stupid discs? Aussies? Nobody cares about them.
>>
>>337231158
>idiotic things
Do you mean buying The Division right?
because retail vidya is patrician taste
>>
>>337229921
so this means you'll actually optimize the game and compress it well????????
>>
>>337231534
>What happened to all the REEEEEEEEE that happened when devs tried to do this just a few years ago?

Microsoft recently released a Remedy game on PC where the only way to buy it was through the windows store at the RRP of a physical purchase.

The game is 60gb huge, with an additional (optional if you're able to stream in 4k without having to buffer ) 60gb download for the cutscenes.

PC gamers eat shit.
>>
>>337231534
PC stopped caring about discs a long time ago. To be fair the sales are great but I at least want the option of having oe
>>
hol up so what ya'll be sayin is that *smacks lipps* I cant steal this game from a cracka?
>>
>>337232115
Welcome to the digital age, my negro compatriot.
Now you can steal dis game directly from cracka's personal computer.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.