[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I go back to regular vidya combat after experiencing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: community_image_1381362125.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
community_image_1381362125.gif
2 MB, 320x240
How can I go back to regular vidya combat after experiencing CUHRAYZEE?
>>
>>337227179
You can't. In every video game where you have somewhat free control of your character during combat, I try to do stylish combos only to realize this isn't Devil May Cry and be disappointed and bored.
>>
>>337227179
Take your adderall
>>
By playing video games with nonshit combat maybe?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPNFP9UStDM
>>
It will happen naturally when you understand how shallow of a mechanic combos are.
>>
>>337227179

>durr what games let me be a le chuuni badass XD

Fuck off
>>
>/v/ is plebeian
I'm not surprised
>>
>>337227179
Take your iodine.
>>
How is it possible that there are no games that have achieved the same level of perfection than DMC4's combat?
>>
>>337228314
you're right, fighting games are super shallow and have a totally low skill ceiling

I have no idea what combos have to do with this thread about character action games tho
>>
>>337228542
Bayonetta 1 is the only one
>>
>>337227179
>the whole thread is shitting on OP

I have to take his side here, DMC3 & 4 had great combat.

Souls games were pretty fun too. Ninja gaiden as well.

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance was passable

just my opinion, i just cant help but keep going back to DMC3 and NG2 every couple of years.
>>
>>337228026
>>337228231
>>337228314
>>337228360
>>337228454
ITT underageb&
>>
>>337228573
street fighter v has a low skill ceiling though and that is what everyone is playing right now

unless you are talking about smash which isn't really a fighting game but a party game
>>
>>337228656
Absolutely this

>>337228614
I get people liking MGR, and I do too, but the combat is just plain not top-tier. I want to get into NG as I never have, what do you reckon are the best ones to start with? I have every 7th gen console and can emulate too.
>>
>LE CUHRAYZEY XDDD

Ninja Gaiden and Bayonetta have both vastly better combat. DMC is and was never good.
>>
>>337228231

>PSO2
>non-shit combat
>implying that actually happens in-game
>implying it'snot just spam x PA/Tech towards a weak bulleted target

Emerald Tabled in 10 minutes fag.
>>
File: BASARA4MAD (2).webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
BASARA4MAD (2).webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>337227179
Yeah, you can't. Which is kinda sad, considering cuhrayzee is dying and almost no games are in development.
>>
>>337228716
I was actually being sarcastic
>>
>>337228774
>but the combat is just plain not top-tier.
he said it was passable tho, he didn't say it was top tier.
>>
>>337228774
start with ninja gaiden black, then play ninja gaiden 2 on the xbox 360.

NG2sigma on ps3 is bad, even though it has more content, it takes all the fluidity out of the combos, destroys the timing, and removes blood.
>>
>>337227179
You don't.

Every specticool game since DMC3 has been a massive disappointment.
>>
>>337228937
Well yeah I said that cus I agree but some people like to act like MGR was the best thing ever dude
>>
>>337228821
Well Capcom surely have something in the works.

I can't think of any game that isn't Street Fighter V that Capcom have released this gen, they must be doing something (that isn't Deep Down).
>>
>>337228821
>mfw the only sengoku basara that comes to the west is the worst one
>>
>>337227179
lower your standards
>>
>>337228231
That doesn't look too bad, but I don't want an mmo grind... do you know if Phantasy Star Nova plays similar?
>>
>>337227179
no can do
hack and slash was ALL about button mashing for the longest time until DMC happened, now DMC is kill and good hack and slash combat died with it
>>
>>337228821
Capcom should port sumeragi to PC and maybe provide a translation.
>>
>>337227179
I just can. In your case? Who knows
>>
>>337229178
>now DMC is kill
I really hope not, man.
the rerelease of DMC4 gave me hope for a return to good cuhrazy.
i know RE7 is next on capcom's list of franchises to shit out, so I'm hoping DMC5 will be a possible 2018 project.
>>
>>337229023
Well, there will be Yukimura-den which can have some potential.
>>
>>337229364
Monkey paw.

I'm not sure it's worth it at this point. DMC4 was a pretty bad game (I'm not talking about mechanics) and DmC was a bit of a mess, even when putting aside the character/story/world changes. DMC3SE has a horrible port that modders still can't fix even with style switcher (maybe 3.0 will fix it?). Capcom haven't really shown proper investment in the series to suggest they won't screw up 5, not to mention the continued direction with the series (to simplify and expand the market) plus the overall corporate direction. Vergil is pretty fun though, so maybe it's worth the risk.
>>
>>337230004
I don't know if i trust capcom to competently develop a decent game anytime soon either unfortunately.
RE 6
Street Fighter V
DmC

Really struggling to believe in modern Capcom and Square Enix
>>
>>337227179
I got bored of DMC by 3. The combo system just seems very boring to me, after playing Ninja Gaiden i much prefer that style of combat where you can do crazy and stylish shit but the focus of the game is killing the enemy as fast and as safely as possible
>>
>>337230935
you should try speedrunning DMC3 then. It takes maybe 2 hours
>>
>>337228716

>SF.

Play GG if you want a high skill ceiling. All the jump cancel relaunch loops in the world are a fucking joke compared to half the shit you have to do in AC games to have an even workable character.
>>
>>337229038

Don't bother, the actual combat isn't like that at all. It's just spamming a few handful of skills. What's shown in the vid is actually stupidly inefficient for actual combat.
>>
>>337231230
not him, but how accessible is Guilty Gear to a bronze level SFV player?
I'm not very good at SF, but I'm really trying to find a fighting game that clicks w me
>>
In terms of gameplay/movement options/freedom
Melee>DMC4>Rest of the video games. Though a modded DMC3 with style switcher is better than dmc4.
>>
>>337231962
Guilty Gear is pretty noob friendly and quick to grasp. Objectively easier than SF and has it's own feel and handling to it.

It's kinda hard to explain it, but it feels more... fluid and faster than MK and SF. Haven't played GG Xrd, but I've played a lot of XX and it looks very similar. I'm doing a bit of travelling in the end of may, but once I get back I'm picking Xrd. See you there.
>>
>>337227179
You could try Undertale, it had a good combat system too.
>>
>>337228781
Bayo can't compare to dmc4 and I think even 3 is better.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.