[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redux or Original? Opinions on what the differences actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: metro-20331[1].jpg (782 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
metro-20331[1].jpg
782 KB, 1920x1200
Redux or Original? Opinions on what the differences actually are seem extremely varied.
>>
>>337221193
Redux is dumbed down, with baby mode stealth, some models and textures updated (which clash horribly with the shit that wasn't updated) and DOWNGRADED lighting.
Original.
>>
I personally think the shooting and recoil is better in the original but a lot of people disagree with me.
The guns just have more kick to them and makes them more satisfying to use. People thought they were "too hard" to use so they dumbed down the recoil and made it easier but it just ended up feeling less unique and more like call of duty.

Also the remake lost the gritty look of the original because they made everything look brighter and cleaner.
>>
It's a corridor shooter with terrible stealth and no meaningful enemies other than humans with guns.
>>
>>337221193
Original, they dumbed down the stealth and guns in Redux. Also, the new lightning fucks the atmosphere
>>
Redux literally feels like Battlefield post-apo edition.
Lens flares everywhere, lighting butchered, stealth is press QTE to instakill, guns barely have any recoil, all night levels except prologue/final got changed from night to daylight because consolebabies couldn't handle darkness.
>>
Damn. I'm playing Original for sure then.

What about Last Light? Same story? I've heard it's more run n gun focused overall though.
>>
>>337224103
Redux is fine with Last Light since the mechanics that ruined 2033 Redux were already in vanilla Last Light.
>>
>>337224103
Redux for LL has similar but less noticeable issues since its much closer to how the original LL played

there's a few higher res/poly models and textures

however the lighting again has been broken, dark areas are bright enough to the point you wouldn't even need to consider using flashlights or NVGs
Characters hair and skin are so greasy they look like wax dolls
>>
>>337224103
Last Light Redux is mostly the same since Last Light always had the dumbed down gameplay from get go.
The Redux version makes it slightly brighter (you can just turn down gamma a bit to replicate original's brightness) and downgrades the tessellation to not be as aggressive which can be a good or bad thing depending on how good your GPU is. LL Redux also adds the Survival mode which is the dumbed down version of 2033 gameplay but it's still harder than LL's default "Spartan" mode so roll with Survival in that.
>>
>>337224626
>>337225104
>>337225112
Original 2033 and Redux LL for Survival then.

Thanks
>>
>>337225265
Yep. Just make sure to turn down brightness in LL Redux because like I said it's brighter than original LL.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.