[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>use bonus item >lose it instantly Did anyone ever actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: smb3_toad_house_paused[1].png (2 KB, 256x240) Image search: [Google]
smb3_toad_house_paused[1].png
2 KB, 256x240
>use bonus item
>lose it instantly

Did anyone ever actually find these things useful?
>>
You are supposed to save up the best items for the last world.
>>
>>337220976
That's the way all westerners think, and that's what works in western-designed games. But japanese devs have never thought that way, and you just end up with a surplus of useless items by the end of the game. They're just intended to be disposable gimmicks, unecessary because you're meant to be able to complete all levels as small mario anyway.
>>
>>337220757
>>337221114
they're for players who can't complete levels as small mario
this isn't hard to grasp
>>
>>337221114
In most cases the unlimited flying item wins you an level. If you save up all of them you will have a far easier time in the last world. The items are supposed to give you an edge in the harder levels you can't beat.

A lot of japanese games back then were designed that you have a really hard time in later levels if you lost the powerups in the earlier levels. But if you got the powerups the endgame was so much easier that the most valid strategy to beat a game is to do well in the early and mid game.

If you cheat in Mario Bros 3 and teleport to the last world you get fucked over, but if you play the game properly and manage your items you will have a far easier endgame.
>>
>>337221363
Nah, this game is shit, plain and simple.

Oh, let's all get the warp whistle and warp to "big world"! Too bad big world isn't fucking fun, like the rest of this game. The entire thing is designed to anger and frustrate you. Oh, you get Kuribo's shoe on one fucking level! Wow, pardon me while I make the universal motion for a handjob. Kuribo's shoe fucking sucked. What did it do, exactly? It let you JUMP ON THINGS, something you were able to do the entire fucking game. Oh, also you looked gay.

There are some interesting power-ups in the game, such as Tanookie Mario, Hammer Mario, and Frog Mario. But guess what? You can get them on like 2 levels total, and if you fuck up and get hit ONCE, you lose them, FOREVER. Wow, that's fun! I love games that demand I play perfectly or have no fun, because I'm a fucking jap who strives for absolute perfection in gaming otherwise I kill myself.

Mario 3 may have been interesting or fun at one time, but the game is a worthless piece of shit in today's day and age. It's horribly flawed and full of punch-in-the-dick moments, much more so than it has moments that are just fun to play.
>>
>>337221396
>Implying
I beat thegame teleporting over when I was young, simply with one cloud, one p wing and 3 leafs
>>
>>337221529
What am I implying that is wrong?
>>
>>337221450
>this wall of text disputing something a 10 year old figures out.
>>
>>337221596
You can beat the game if you git gud despite having no items (perhaps just a single p wing, for bowser's castle and the cloud to avoid the fortress)
But you also can get items from the lava bridge in the world, and those are enough to beat the world.
And you don't need to beat the whole game just to collects these three items.
>>
>>337221450
It's sad, but it's true. Revolutionary for it's day is not the same as actually good by modern standards. This is far from me excusing the faults of modern Mario games - they hold players hands too much for instance - nor is it putting down all old games in long-running franchises - ALttP still plays very well and looks nice, only the soundfont is outdated. But SMB 1-3 are outdated and less fun that more modern titles, easy or not.
>>
>>337221728
And? I never said you can't beat it either way, just that the last world becomes really easy if you collect the good items troughout an entire playtrough.
>>
>>337221795
>ALttP still plays very well and looks nice
it's a worse zelda 1
might as well contribute to the shitposting if you guys are going to samefag
>>
>>337221924
That is one hell of a comparison you just made.

That's funny, we're just having a chat in the Metroid thread (I think) about how 4chan would benefit from having a (Self) appear on the end of post tags to eliminate samefags.
>>
>37221450
>I cry about the game becausr I can't git gud

Come on, You're right about a few things, but complaining about losing powerups top early and, then, declare the game shit, It's the impersonification of the /v/irgin autist même.
>>
>>337222245
>Can't even quote
Get the fuck out
>>
>>337222654
word
>>
>>337222654

Happy now you easily triggered baby? How about addressing my post rather than an arbitrary mistake?
>>
>its contents
>its

Nintendo can't even proofread they're own games lol
>>
>>337221396
>In most cases the unlimited flying item wins you an level. If you save up all of them you will have a far easier time in the last world.

Until you hit that mini bowser castle with so many doors in that last world.... fucking unlimited flying is useless there.

I still remember, I found out by luck that you have to hit that coin switch and a hidden door will reveal itself for a limited of time....
>>
>>337223803
>Every anon is the same
Again, get out.
>Using triggered unironically
GET OUT
>>
>>337223890
Its contents is legit, retard.
>>
>>337220757
you are supposed to get good before using them, not the game's fault
>>
File: 1461035055917.png (231 KB, 604x340) Image search: [Google]
1461035055917.png
231 KB, 604x340
>>337223890
Swing and a miss.
>>
>>337225137
Gonna need sauce on that image, bro.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.