[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you care about lore in video games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: 1462934673812.png (2 MB, 1242x2943) Image search: [Google]
1462934673812.png
2 MB, 1242x2943
Do you care about lore in video games?
>>
Yeah, especially I started to know a bit of the metaphysics in The Elder Scrolls.

Spoiler alert, the Scrolls are recording devices created by the Magna-Ge, the entities that designed Mundus alongside Magnus.
>>
>>337214550
Did they ever address the whole thing with instances of cryostasis failing horribly in earlier games but working perfectly in 4?
>>
>>337215367
They sure didn't!
>>
>>337215367

When did cryogenic freezing happen in the other games?
>>
if it's good lore I do
>>
>>337215367
take a wild fucking guess
>>
>>337215406
It happens in fallout 2, someone gets unfrozen and trys to run away but they disintegrate
>>
>>337215484

Oh, shit. Can't believe I forgot about Corporal Dixon.
>>
>>337214550
>>337215367
>>337215484
IT JUST WORKS
>>
So does this mean fallout 4 isn't canon?
>>
>>337214550
It was a piece of shit franchise anyways, get over it, faggot. Maybe if you spent as much time being dedicated and driven over something

that actually mattered instead of bitching about a video game people would actually find you an appealing person instead of the cancerous

piece of shit waste of space you are now. Fuck off and die.

I GENUINELY DO NOT FUCKING care because fuck the lore and fuck anybody who cares about it. Lore deserves to be shit upon in all instances just as a giant

fuck you to the people who care about that shit because they're all autists who deserve to be punished. I applaud anyone who pisses off a fanbase because people who are "fans" of things are fucking scum bags.
>>
>>337215592
Anything Bethesda makes is canon, anything they don't is non canon.
This is the world we live in now.
>>
>>337215484
Mr.House also talks about how shit it is when you ask him
>>
>>337215565

Er, Private Dobbs. You use Corporal Dixon's eye to get passed the first part of Sierra.

>18 years later and still remember extremely minor character names
>6 months after Fallout 4's release and remember nothing
>>
I care about gameplay, but if you write a story for your game, it should at least be consistent
>>
>>337215621
Here's your (You).
>>
>>337215713
maybe because back when fallout 2 was released you were a toddler and your brain was a sponge for information

now it's just a grey mass that forgets even basic information because you're depressed and poison yourself with alcohol.
>>
>>337215592

They're the Star Wars Prequels of the Fallout world. They're canon, but don't try to think about it too much.

Yes, I know Disney nuked the canon
>>
>>337215828

That cut deep, anon.
>>
>>337215621
THE EDGE!!!
>>
>A wizard did it.
>>
>>337214868
I have no idea about TES lore, but you know there's a way to spoiler your text right?
>>
>>337218981

I didn't bother to, It's just that very few people know what the Scrolls are since it's not in the games, it's from Micheal Kirkbride himself
>>
>>337215828

or maybe fallout 4 is just a pile of shit
>>
>>337214550
I find myself caring about Souls and Overwatch lore
>>
>>337214550
It's not about realism it's about consistency.

And "it's an alternate universe with all sorts of weird shit stop being such a nerd" is just a poor excuse for inconsistent writing.

Also Obsidian already did a guy-in-fridge joke in New Vegas and despite being moderately subtle and not raping the lore it wasn't particularly funny then either.
>>
>>337214868
As a scrub who has only played Skyrim but enjoys vidya lore - TES is 2DEEPESTLORE4me
>>
>get btfo
>im not interested in talking about alternate universes blah blah

Okay. Why even respond if you're going to be smug about it? Bad PR
>>
>>337214550
No. Big companies are a team, and teams are flawed, so of course there are always going to be things left unexplained or whatever.

Its best to just not ask too many questions when most of these cucks don't even question real life to these extents.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.