[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
YGO Forbidden Memoires.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 15
File: ForbiddenMemories-Cover-EN.jpg (122 KB, 640x639) Image search: [Google]
ForbiddenMemories-Cover-EN.jpg
122 KB, 640x639
Remember this fucker? I've just started replaying it. What a fucking bitch it is, how was it received upon release?

Also, nostalgia thread.
>>
>>337213746
>that fusion system
That fucking game.
>>
>>337213853
>that fucking Ritual system
>>
>>337213853
how the fuck did the game even work with that what the fuck it all felt random
>>
>>337213746
One of these days I'll get around to beating it. I still liked it, especially the fusion system.
>>
I love how all the different video games captured the anime's sense that nobody actually followed the game's rules.
>>
>>337215794
The anime was more creative with rules though, this game was just "fuck tributes, put down your most powerful monster and rape the other guy to death"
>>
This game was why I quit trying to figure out how to play Yugioh and remembered Magic was better.
>>
It was released before they figured out the rules for the actual card game, right?

I remember playing some GBA Yugi games that had sensible, consistent mechanics that the AI and the player both had to abide by.
>>
>>337216127
There were a few good ones on the GBA that actually had rules that made sense.
>>
Didn't somebody investigate and actually find out that the AI quite literally cheated on you? Like it would use cards that it didn't even have in it's hand just to fuck with you, or something like that?
>>
>>337216657
Yeah, but I can't remember what forum that was from.
>>
File: blueyes.png (277 KB, 480x275) Image search: [Google]
blueyes.png
277 KB, 480x275
>>337213746
Fuck the rules, I got stars.
>>
>>337216934
>huge feature of the game
>GET ANY CARD YOU HAVE IN REAL LIFE IN THE GAME!
>every card worth a damn costs 999999 stars
really fucked up thing to do to a little kid
>>
>>337217053
I remember checking all of my cards. Jesus fucking christ did my mood just siiiiink.

Weren't stars retardedly hard to get as well? It's been so long, but didn't you get like, a really small amount of stars per win, therefor grinding was practically impossible, unless you wanted to spend fucking months on it?
>>
>>337217260
yes, you could get maybe a couple hundred midgame from winning a difficult duel

why they decided to make decent cards a million fucking stars is beyond me

even shitty cards were expensive
>>
The absolute madman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_KB2EisvxI
>>
>>337217463
Didn't someone smash that record? I thought the WR was like 3 hours.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
91 KB, 1280x720
Once you figure out how to make the Twin-Headed Thunder Dragon the game becomes a piece of cake.
>>
>>337217463

Aren't there way faster speedruns? IIRC I actually watched one.
>>
>>337217685

>I never got past the mages
He won't help you out after then unless you have a buff card, play mountain, or your opponent doesn't draw any stronger monsters.
>>
>>337217685
>the game becomes a piece of cake.

Early game, sure.
But once you get to late and everyone summons Gate Guardian and BEUD, then you need more than TTTD.
>>
>>337217260
>>337217327

The star costs were reasonable numbers in the Japanese version.
>>
The AI in this game was bizarre. If I purposefully did bad the first few rounds then the AI would be a lot worse and then I could win the game.
>>
>>337216476
There was a gameboy colour one where you could make your own cards out of card parts.
Have a lot of good memories of that one
>>
>>337217784
why the fuck did they change it
they could have just left it alone
>>
>>337217840

I once saw a video where a person used a cheat engine to see the AI's hand, and it changed cards as needed. Can't find the video for the life of me though.
>>
>>337217891

FUCK YOU MERICAN PIG
>>
File: 1456655258663.jpg (161 KB, 344x460) Image search: [Google]
1456655258663.jpg
161 KB, 344x460
>>337213746

This game was how Japan exacted their revenge for World War 2
>>
>press the wrong button intending to press select
>weird creepy as fuck battle plays out with models of the monsters
>feel unnerved as fuck
>>
I loved this game when I was a kid, but then I got Duelists of the Roses and realized how much Forbidden Memories sucks.
>>
File: 1456046727475.jpg (73 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
1456046727475.jpg
73 KB, 540x960
>>337218049
Ancient Egypt rituals n shit.
>>
File: $_32.jpg (115 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
$_32.jpg
115 KB, 600x600
Speaking of weird PS1 card games I still have no idea how am I supposed to play this.
>>
>>337213746
Oh my god, that is the only Yu-Gi-Oh game I've ever played. I remember Jurai Gumo (some spider thing) was a cheap card to buy, so it was worth it. I ended up just fusing a ton of twin headed thunder dragons and using dragon treasures and beast fangs to upgrade him.

I think I cheated to beat that game at the end, the last two guys have a good amount of blue eyes ultimate dragons and gate guardians.

Also fuck that game's star system you could get 5 star chips at max when you win a match in free battle. The reward system was trash too, you get one random card from your opponent or something like that, I got only one card in all my time of playing that wasn't complete trash.
>>
File: 5776-29575.jpg (9 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
5776-29575.jpg
9 KB, 320x240
>thugs take my wife hostage
>only way to save her is to challenge their leader to a duel
>can't figure out the rules
>lose
>wife gets burned alive in a brazen bull
>mfw I couldn't into the heart of the cards
>>
>>337218186
>Oh my god, that is the only Yu-Gi-Oh game I've ever played.
Fuck.
>>
DOTR has comfy music
>>
File: sigh...png (34 KB, 302x278) Image search: [Google]
sigh...png
34 KB, 302x278
>mfw as a 8-10 year old boy I was attracted to Yugi's smooth arms on that case, and didn't know why.
>>
File: 1456672503895.gif (2 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1456672503895.gif
2 MB, 400x400
>>337219175
At least you aren't gay.
>>
File: MeteorBDragon-TF04-JP-VG.jpg (125 KB, 544x544) Image search: [Google]
MeteorBDragon-TF04-JP-VG.jpg
125 KB, 544x544
>This will be the only game were MBD was good
>there will never be an mbd support in the new meta
>>
>>337219337
>there will never be an mbd support in the new meta
It's not as if he ever got support, he was relevant to a movie that most YGO fans don't even know exists and otherwise he's fucking pointless.
>>
>>337216657
The rumour i heard was that the AI didn't have a hand, just a deck
>>
>fight final boss at beginning of game
>he plops down a 4000 attack monster on the first turn

My memory is hazy, but wasn't your starting deck somewhat randomized? I remember setting up a dummy file in a second memory card to trade useful cards to my main game.
>>
>>337219883
Yep, it's more or less random.

Here's a good read:
http://pastebin.com/5ZYQRpTz
>>
>>337219337
Yugioh GX Spirit Caller would like a word with you
>>
Did they make this game before Duelist City? That arc set the groundwork for a proper card game that this game doesn't have at all. On the other hand it has the whole Atem plot and characters which is the very last arc. It's bizarre.
>>
>>337220473
The game came out in like 1999 in Japan.
>>
>>337217260

I remember somebody did the math and it would take roughly two years of playing 12+ hours a day to be able to afford one 999999 card, assuming you got 5 stars each duel and beat each one in like 2 turns.
>>
>>337213746
Fuck that game was impossible. I got to the tournament part and rage quit because it would literally take thousands of hours to unlock a common.
>>
It's weird, the RNG in this game was utter bullshit and I remember Duellist of the Roses being similar, but why did I never have trouble beating DotR back when it came out? What made that game so much easier?
>>
My mom's boyfriend at the time was autistic enough to grind out enough stars for a blue eyes.

I imagine most people's experiences with this game was the same

>be super into yugioh as a kid

>beg mom for the yugi and kaiba starter decks

>spend time learning how to actually play (even though literally everyone else wanted to play by the bullshit anime rules)

>see op in store and beg for it just to play a proper game of yugioh

> get a bunch of systems that make no sense and no effect monsters.
>>
Say, does anyone have an English copy of the manual? I lost mine a while back, but I'd like to see what info the game actually gave us.

Apparently the Japanese version was much easier than the English one, aside from the Pocketstation, they also had a really fucking good strategy guide.
>>
>>337220982
>My mom's boyfriend at the time was autistic enough to grind out enough stars for a blue eyes.

There's no way in hell this is true. At 5 stars per duel and figuring an extremely generous time of 1 minute to load up, beat the guy, and get back to the menu, it would still take roughly 3300 hours to afford one of those. If you're being realistic and counting in times you can't beat him quickly because of shit hands and all, you're probably closer to 4k or 5k hours.
>>
>>337216313
Eternal duelist soul is the best and only yugioh game
>>
>>337216313

If we're talking GBA..

Duel academy was GOAT.
>>
File: yup.png (1 MB, 1069x523) Image search: [Google]
yup.png
1 MB, 1069x523
>>337221202
Never mind, found a copy - this is the only advice the English manual gives you.
>>
File: image.jpg (254 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
254 KB, 1920x1080
>>337213746
Is this the best Yugioh game?
>>
>>337221886
Can't say, I've never played any of the Tag Force games. To memory, DotR was the best game.
>>
>>337220141
>Yugioh GX Spirit Caller would like a word with you
Why?
>>
I remember my brother beating this game. After you beat the desert, meadow, mountain, and water temples it becomes complete bullshit.
>>
>>337222285
Yeah, I remember playing it with my little brother, even though he was a kid, even he knew the game was bullshit. We quit once we hit Seto 2, not only was it bullshit that you had to beat two tough guys and then navigate a labyrinth to face him, you then had to beat him before you could save your progress from before you beat the first two tough guys.
>>
>>337221886
I think there was too much bullshit in this game for it to be considered the best. especially as it was a kids tv show, the game was aimed at kids and it was crushing difficult and exceedingly complicated and convoluted. I remember getting it was I was like 10 and getting absolutely shit on non stop by it after a certain point
>>
>>337213746

GEWINN

VERL
>>
>>337213746
Y'know, I always wonder about YGO games from a game design point of view. If they don't make them grindfests, they're piss easy but if they make them require grinding, you get bullshit like FM.

The best solution I know of is shit like Spirit Caller where you had to grind just to progress the story (events happened based on your level), admittedly this smoothed out the difficulty curve quite a bit, but it also made the game more stressful to play.

What YGO game has done it best? Have any of them been challenging, but not requiring grinding? Admittedly, I can't even think of a typical RPG that's done it well.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (12 KB, 384x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
12 KB, 384x360
>go through a gauntlet of four guys in a row
>this fucking cheater shows up
>>
>>337218175
But anon that game was actually good. No bullshit like in forbidden memories. Good times.
>>
Just remembering this game is giving me PTSD.

I could never get past the meadow temple because he would always fuse a bunch of bullshit in the first few turns and wipe me out completely.

Having a second memory card to farm cards was the only way to make it through this.

I also remember during duels when you pressed square you got an actual battle screen and could watch your monsters fight in 3D. I was blown away by it at the time.
>>
File: tumblr_nrrk8bVVfH1rlkx5fo1_500.jpg (46 KB, 450x360) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrrk8bVVfH1rlkx5fo1_500.jpg
46 KB, 450x360
>>337223596
>Just remembering this game is giving me PTSD.
>triggered by a children's card game.
>>
>>337222965
>What YGO game has done it best? Have any of them been challenging, but not requiring grinding? Admittedly, I can't even think of a typical RPG that's done it well.
Anyone?
>>
>>337223214
>implying they're not all cheaters
>>
>>337221886
I can't form an opinion until this game gets a decent translation with no memes.
>>
File: WAAAAAUGH.jpg (90 KB, 569x571) Image search: [Google]
WAAAAAUGH.jpg
90 KB, 569x571
>IA was like that cunt kid
>doing fusions with monster then not removing the monster used for it
What a fucking cunt that game was.
I was only able to reach the first "present" fight, which is probably like after 2 or 3 fights in the previous era.
I didn't knew English back then but the fact that i only had low tier cards and the enemy could shit enemy like no tomorrow, it's a fucking bullshit.
>>
>>337222965
>>337224616
I recently found my old copies of The Sacred Cards, and Reshef of Destruction for GBA.
I haven't gone through RoD yet, but TSC was pretty well balanced and a lot of fun without any need for grinding, the way you obtained cards from opponents was simple, you can choose whether or not to put up an ante card, if you put up a 1 star card, you get garbage for winning, but if you put up 2-3, you'll get decent stuff, and anything 4+ basically would yield the best rewards, and there was also a shop to bunch any cards you needed because the game literally gave you almost enough money without grinding, to buy every card in the shop.
There was also a duelist which limited you to what cards you could use and who you could duel, as you raise your level by dueling, you can duel stronger people and use better cards, there was also a capacity number for your deck which increased slightly after each duel, its there to make sure that you can't have a super overpowered deck without a bunch of grinding.
It also had it's own rules where certain monster elements automatically killed others, there were two groups for this
shadow>light>fiend>dream>shadow
aqua>pyro>forest>wind>earth>thunder>aqua
and then theres divine which has no weakness.
>>
>>337217870
Dark Duel Stories. Got that game before going on vacation when I was a kid and I played it the whole car ride.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.