[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some must have abilities, that I should prioritize over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 25
What are some must have abilities, that I should prioritize over all others?
Anything I should absolutely avoid spending skill points on?
Playing the story mode btw.
>>
Action Boost is broken as fuck.
>>
max out head/arm/leg binding for the gunner girl
provoke for miss canada
sometimes just defending is actually useful
>>
>>337212924
Action boost is really good, but you don't actually want to rush to max it until later in the game it will kill your TP, at level 9 it has a chance to do 3 attacks where at 10 it's guaranteed 3 attacks, but at the cost of 20 TP or something. Bloody offense is another good one.
>>
>>337212924
Bloody Offense to killer units.
>>
>>337213123
>max out head/arm/leg binding for the gunner girl
Yeah, I did that already.
Initially I maxed out ricochet, but then I realized that in boss battles she uses almost all her turns trying to apply the binds, and nobody else in the party is as good as her at doing that, so I respecced.
>canada
Speaking of Canada-chan. How useful are line covers, compared to the party-wide def buff? They don't waste a buff slot at least. How's the ultimate shield skill, that lets her take all the hits in a turn?
>>
CAN YOU FUCK ANY OF THE GIRLS IN THIS GAME I HAVEN'T BEATEN IT YET AND NEED TO KNOW
>>
>>337214224
It depends. Are you into guro?
>>
>>337214386
Sure now tell me what happens.
>>
File: 36083170.jpg (376 KB, 920x710) Image search: [Google]
36083170.jpg
376 KB, 920x710
>>337214224
_No
>>
>>337215142
>always holding her hands in such a manner she squeezes her breasts to better present them to everyone around
What a slut.
>>
>>337212924
Action Boost, Bloody Offense, Spear Assist, Delayed/Cross Charge and Dillution. Also Front Guard, Bloody Offense only affects one line so the best way to pump out damage is to put Arthur and Freddie on the front line.
>>
File: 8452621.png (32 KB, 158x300) Image search: [Google]
8452621.png
32 KB, 158x300
>>337215324
>>
>>337215447
>put Arthur and Freddie on the front line
They'd not survive that.
>>
>>337215576
That's why you need Front Guard maxed.
>>
>>337215643
So Canada will have to spend the rest of her life spamming Front Guard every single turn? What if she gets paralyzed or something?
>>
>>337215576
>Switch Highlander to the back row for a Bloody Offense and then put him back up front.

Surely Simon could tough it out for a turn.
>>
>>337215734
That's what tanks are for, anon. Protecting the party.
>>
>>337215862
I completely forgot you could change rows mid-combat.
You guys seem to think very highly of Bloody Offense. I guess I'll look into it.
>>
>>337215958
It's one of the best offensive buffs in the game.
>>
>>337216023
Usually I do run a buff/debuff stacking setup in Atlus games. But in story mode I don't really have access to a lot of those.
Thankfully I've managed to find a hexer asterisk in some chest, which has some debuffs on it.
But all those stones that the characters generate on their own are so awful. They only have the skills no other character in the party can benefit from, other than the one who created it. But obviously they have those skills naturally.
>>
>>337216341
Some skills stack. Google it because the first Untold did a poor job explaining that.
>>
>>337216439
Yeah it does.
So far I've only seen the "highest ability level takes effect" tooltips, no stacking.
Also some skills I thought were passive turned out to be active, and some I thought were guaranteed to work actually had activation rate.
>>
Highjacking this anons thread, I just started EOU2 and Flavio seems like horse shit, should I just reclass him into a gunner?
>>
>>337217798
>playing EO2U's story mode
>>
Should I actually finish this gamr?
I rekt the dragons but it seems like the only way to the final boss is grind.
>>
>Tell me how to cheese the game
>>
>>337220841
I've never met anyone that played these games and didnt completely cheese it in one way or another
>>
>>337221050
Not that guy but can you explain what you would call cheesing in EO? Do you mean abusing OP shit like immunize in EO1 or using a cookie cutter party or something?
>>
>>337213384
>How useful are line covers, compared to the party-wide def buff? They don't waste a buff slot at least. How's the ultimate shield skill, that lets her take all the hits in a turn?
Front\Back guard go off at the start of the turn due to very high priority\spd boost, so you can always rely on them. And yeah, they don't waste buff slot. Usually they're around 40% reduction at lvl 10
Lemme check
According to jap wiki lvl 10 guard reduces damage by 42% at lvl10, and by whooping fucking 80% at lvl15
>>
>>337217798
He's fine, his ailment arrows are great for Chloe. Get Blind and Paralysis Arrows to Lv 4 and add grimoires to boost their levels up when needed. Afterwards focus on leveling Curb Attack Up to 10.
>>
>>337217798
He's alright for status application and can act as a dodgetank like EO3 Ninja with his dodge passive, Trick Step\Chain Dance, which opens Haze Arrow
>>
>>337219549
>not appreciating time and effort the devs put into it
Classic classicfags.
>>
>>337217798
You can do some fun with sagittarius shot + normal attack with Double attack grimoire + his boost. Other than that, he is good for status effects like people said but Boost + Flank Shot is good for random fights
>>
>>337221379
>lvl15
What?
>>
>>337225282
>What?
Grimoires
>>
>>337225639
I thought they just clone the skills you have.
Or do you mean there's a treasure box in the game somewhere, that has a +15 front/rear guard skill to begin with?
>>
File: 1454335527059.jpg (178 KB, 750x864) Image search: [Google]
1454335527059.jpg
178 KB, 750x864
I'm playing the first EO and I just got that clear key.
Hoped that I would get some amazing shit from those ominous crystal doors.

All I got is a shitty Amrita from circling the whole map fighting off underleveled shits.
>>
>>337226026
They add levels to already learned skills.
Say, your Protector has lvl9 Front Guard, you equip lvl3 Front Guard grimoire and that gets you lvl12 Front Guard. You haven't even tried fiddling with Grimoires a bit? I think you can even go past maximum skill level in Customize menu and see tooltip showing changes. At least in EOU2 you can, too lazy to check EOU now
>>
>>337212924
you need literal cheats in every of these games to get past the first monster
>>
>>337226378
>You haven't even tried fiddling with Grimoires a bit?
Nope. Didn't really had the need to.
The skills that actually do have any sort of tooltip usually say only the highest skill on the character/grimoire applies, so I assumed they don't stack.
So I've just equipped the characters with grimoires with complementary they don't learn naturally.
>>
>>337226486
way to blow the difficulty out of proportions.
perseverance is the only skill you need for these.
>>
>>337224024
>normal attack with Double attack grimoire + his boost.
FUCK I BEAT THE ENTIRE GAME AND DIDN'T THINK TO COMBINE THESE TWO THINGS
>>
>>337221745
Not him, but I only used Haze Arrow near the end of the game and
>over 1000 damage at level 1
JESUS CHRIST
Wish I had used it sooner
>>
Speaking of boost. What does it even do?
Is it just flat damage increase, or does it have any kind of special effects?
Talking about EOU1.
>>
>>337226378
>grimoire stacking in EOU1
Uh what.
Pretty fucking sure that 11-15 in the jap wikis are the boost modifiers, not grimoires adding onto abilities.
>>
File: 1424800766050.png (26 KB, 384x502) Image search: [Google]
1424800766050.png
26 KB, 384x502
>>337227183
>Misread the skill descriptions and though Haze Arrow was only usable if it was Flavio missing an attack on an enemy for most of the game.
>>
>>337226486
I just started EO4 last week and while i had problems with berserker king, I reworked my party, leveled the new guys to a usable state and killed his ass.
So far as a newcomer i think the hardest part is figuring out what works well together.
But I'm only in the second land so I don't know how much harder it will get for me.
>>
>>337227232
Adds 5 to a skill's level for that turn alone.
Only reason I'm spoonfeeding is because I have never read anything in-game that explained this shit and it's not obvious.
Therefore
skill level 1->6, 6 ->11, 10->15 (max)
This applies even to things that don't do damage, such as front-guard.
>>
>>337227389

The beginning is always the hardest.

until postgame, at least
>>
>>337227457
>muh spoonfeeding
Sure, I could look it up on some wiki, gamefaqs or whatever. And you could have another overwatch or pokemon thread instead of this one.

Anyway, thanks for the explanation.
So it doesn't have any effect on the regular attack damage at all? Also does it increase the TP cost accordingly to the boosted level of the skill?
>>
>>337212924
That gunner grill is the most overpowered lategame character and Highlander is the shitties throughout the game. The only way you can make highlander useful is to level bloody offense and stigmata and be a poor man's shadowbitch.
>>
>>337227272
Yep, i might be wrong on EOU and it's Boost only.
>>
>>337227685
iirc they don't go above lvl10 cost
>>
>>337227304
I knew what it did from the description, it just sounded really retarded.
And it is if you don't have a build for it.
BUT IF YOU DO
>>
>>337227685
>BUH DUH OTHA THREADS BAWWWWW
Doesn't make you less of a faggot
>>
>>337227797
>not using delay-limitless-cross charge combo and spear assist
>USING stigmata
Nigga what?
>>
>>337228528
>limitless
What exactly does this skill even do?
I honestly have trouble figuring out based on the tooltip.
>>
File: image.jpg (171 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171 KB, 900x900
>>337228593
Limitless lets you use Grimoire skills that you don't have the weapons for on your next turn, and increases your damage.
Essentially if you have a Grimoire that gives you a katana skill but you don't have a katana equipped, you can use Limitless and then use the katana skill on your next turn.

TWINTAILS ARE JUSTICE!
>>
>>337228813
Are spear skills so shit the Highlander has to rely on other weapons' skills?
>>
>>337227061
>tfw hearing the sound effect of 6 arrows going off dealing solid damage only to see Fafnir doing his accelerate, Point blank + Element Wave + Boost Break
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 240x433) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 240x433
>>337228961
Not really, but some more utility skills are great for highlander, like the ever bullshit land slash from Ronin. Plus it's also a damage charge skill, so it helps your damage even with spear skills.
My personal favorite is that Limitless also lets you use shield skills with no shield equipped.
>>
>>337228374
How's that retarded if he has one passive that raises evade, skils that raise evade+provokes, skill that lowers hitrate and even his force boost triples evade. And on top of being loaded with evade boosting skills his other job is applying statuses, which, considering their mechanics, are not going to be spammed during whole fight with bosses anyway
>>
>>337228813
I like the new twintails but she'd be better if she was flat.
>>
>>337229169
Well, it's not like Canada-chan has anything else to do, so I'm sure even a Highlander's turn can be spent better than using a shield skill.
>>
>>337229013
>Point blank + Element Wave + Boost Break
OH GODDAMNIT I DIDN'T THINK TO COMBINE THESE EITHER
FUCK
>>
File: image.jpg (438 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
438 KB, 900x900
>>337229328
Welcome to the new age anon.
It's mostly because Himukai is testing the waters with armpit odyssey 5 here. Plus we don't know the hidden race and/or classes yet.
>>
>>337229505
Also, the green hair in the bottom right corner there is the innkeeper.
She's a bunny.
>>
>>337229505
What a glorious time to live in.
>>
File: 1429507050966.png (57 KB, 227x226) Image search: [Google]
1429507050966.png
57 KB, 227x226
>>337229505

Where the fuck are the full images for innkeeper bunny and dark elf bartender?
>>
File: fencer.jpg (105 KB, 659x800) Image search: [Google]
fencer.jpg
105 KB, 659x800
>>337229505
It's a shame that I probably won't be able to make my usual loli brigade in EO:V but I do like the new designs. Fencer girl especially is great.
>>
>>337212924
>highlander
Max out bloody offense, spear assist, delayed charge and cross charge, get a charge grimore or put some points into limitless. A good ability worth mentioning is black sabbath if you have any leftover points.

>raquna
Max bravery's gift, get a grimoire for each of the element walls. The guard abilities, provoke and parry are all good. Try to get a prayer grimoire off her at some point.

>simon
Salve or Delayed heal, pick one. CPR is great for surviving bullshit. If you have the patience for it try to get a focus grimoire for him and Arthur. When you start running out of stuff to put points on invest in his ailment attacks.

>arthur
Easy as fuck, max out all the third tier formulas, analysis and dilution. Don't bother with the pain formula shit until endgame and don't put more points than you need to on the second tier formulas, they suck.

>ricky
Like everyone else has said, max action boost and ricochet. Don't bother with her element shots, you have arthur for that. Invest as much as you can on binds since shes the best at doing them.
>>
>>337229479
That's because charge skills don't stack with skills used on the turn you pop them. Otherwise Delayed Chase would work, too.
>>
>>337229260
I said it -sounded- retarded.
As in -before-, I used it.
Plus, most "provoke"-type skills tend to suck ass.
I didn't think Flavio's would actually be not-shit.
Also, I dunno man, depending on what you're fighting, perseverance can be pretty good.

Also, who else here loaded Arianna with Gag, Cuffs, Shackles, Ecstasy, Curb ATK Up, and Perseverance? The fact that she had whips as a default made me go for it since
>chloe
>binds
and link order is literally only good when you are using an element that turn, and all of the other null buff/debuff skills (besides the one that erases everything from an enemy and the other that pretty much gives her infinite TP) are lame and gimmicky as fuck. I had no good reason to bother using "circles" either. I'd rather just use the element Fantasias, though the damage numbers are probably more in favor of circles.
>>
>>337229805
I wish I fucking knew anon.
Even the general doesn't have them yet.

>>337229802
I wish there was a little more balance rather than only one flatty and the potato race, but this is good too.
>>
>>337229831
She's lame. Fucking ricky version b cup. Fuck that shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 480x754) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 480x754
>>337229831
You bet she is anon.
Subclassing never but hey we can Reclass and use the racial generics now, at least.
>>
>>337229835
>third tier formulas
You mean the ones that hit all targets?
They cost a shitton of TP and I rarely need to hit enemies in both rows with the same element.
>>
>>337229835
>black sabbath if you have any leftover points
Dude, no. That skill sucks at both healing and the fact that it has a detrimental effect when used at a bad time. If you're going to have highlander heal, use a Soma. Anything else is a waste of points and/or grimoire slots.
Trust me, I'm speaking from experience.
>>
>>337217798
Get drop shot and multi shot for generic attacking moves.

Don't bother with hazy arrow, its shit and you've got Bertrand anyway.

Saggitarius Shot is a great damage move with the right grimoire setups and fine on its own when you've got nothing else.

I recommend getting a natural instinct 10 grimoire off him and then resting him and focusing on his ailment shots and saggitarius shot. Having him with ailments will be great for Chloe's ailing slash
>>
>>337226378
You cant stack ability levels in eou
>>
>>337229835
>max out all the third tier formulas
Why the fuck would you do that?
It'd be smarter to luck out and get an enemy grimoire that lets you hit more than one enemy than waste points like that, especially in EO1 where anything past 5 in a skill tends to have diminished returns.
Honestly, the only third tier I'd bother putting any points in is fire, because for some reason there's a shit ton of things weak to fire in EOU1.
>>
>>337230045
>Reclass and use the racial generics now, at least.
Praise jesus
>>
>>337228813
Charge is better, investing on limitless is a waste.

Just get limitless or charge on a girmoire
>>
>Blizzard King used Mirror Shield!
>>
>>337230043
But she has that happy adventure girl vibe like the Landsknechts in 4, it's great.

>>337230045
>no subclassing
Really? Aw man I really liked that in 3 and 4 and I was hoping 5 would have it as well.
>>
>>337230231
>Don't bother with hazy arrow, its shit
Wrong.
>and you've got Bertrand anyway.
For one row. What about the other, einstein?
>I recommend getting a natural instinct 10 grimoire off him
You will never need this much. 5 is fine, especially with the yggdrasil flower tea. Even then, it's better to trade for it if you have the patience or use a QR code.
>>
>>337230540
They cut out sub classing to make the game harder and get the original feel of "you should feel like you're missing something in your party at all times" like it was in the first two games, which is why we only ever get five party slots anyway.
>>
>>337230359
>>337230113

Because the king grimoires don't come till way later and the third tier formulas do more damage than the first tier ones, even on single target. You have to put points on first tier anyway to get where you want so they will still be useable.

>>337230170
Black sabbath is a great healing ability as long as you're not a complete retard with it, which seems to be the case with you.
>>
>>337230595
Hazy arrow is shit and saggitarius shot is much better damage.

Chain dance will just conflict with Bertrands provoke, you need to pick one to tank with.
>>
>playing story mode
>>
File: 037.jpg (487 KB, 900x1058) Image search: [Google]
037.jpg
487 KB, 900x1058
>>
>>337230595
>use Provoke
>use Chain dance

Where exactly do you get the idea that flavio can protect a row? Especially when Bertrand is going to be using shit like hit-taker, provoke, walls, and sentinel guard.
>>
>>337230446
Charge is only for physical though. Limitless applies to anything in terms of damage and lets you use any weapon skill. In terms of raw numbers, charge likely wins, but limitless has better uses in practice. Only reason I'd want it on a grimoire is if I'm having really shitty luck with stone slots.
>>337230540
>But she has that happy adventure girl vibe like the Landsknechts in 4, it's great.
I hated the lands in 4. I liked using them (Seriously, how the fuck did LINKS never get brought back, but shitty ass chases did?), but I hated the way they looked.
>Really?
Le "we want to go back to roots and have raw imbalance again instead of build imbalance" face.
No grimoires either from what I've heard.
Thing is, they've already gone back on this by having classes have different options AGAIN.
example: herbalist being both healer and ailment spammer, now with skills that have built-in perseverance.
>>
Is Etrian Odyssey V going to play like a story mode or classic mode?
>>
>>337230784
>>337230901
>using provoke since it got a shit nerf to only lower physical damage and no longer lower elemental damage as well
Fuck that shit.
>>
>>337230784
Chain Dance has a higher Aggro priority per level and the both only effect single target attacks.
Sagittarius Shot can also be totally negated, but Hazy Arrow does fucking great damage considering you'll get it damn near every turn Flavio is in Boost, especially if you toss in a charge skill.
>>
File: ChoCdEHVAAA73pi.jpe.jpg (184 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
ChoCdEHVAAA73pi.jpe.jpg
184 KB, 1000x750
>>337230997

Classic.
>>
>>337231123
What do the moon runes say?
Are they doubting he's a capable leader, because he has no scars?
>>
>>337230945
>is only for physica
And? Are you going to be using anything OTHER than physical?
>has better uses in practice
You are not gonna use katana skills on your highlander. You already have high damage skills on spear to fal back on.

>not having charge or limitless on a grimoire
Literally why not, frees up a bunch of points for use in better shit and you don't have to invest in skills you are never going to make use of just to get to limitless
>>
>>337229949
>As in -before-, I used it.
I hear you.
Though provokes are actually pretty great most of the time. They even adjust multi-hit attacks to go check against aggro for every individual hit, it's always good to draw heat from more useful party members.
>>
>>337230846
Only worth it in EOU1 for those exclusives (the dungeons in gladshamwow sucked, but the later weapons are pretty good, assuming you new game plus into classic without doing post-game). In EOU2, it's only if you want to, since pretty much everything can be gotten in classic (as far as I know), since even fafnir skills can be gotten via trading and treasures.
>>337230674
>king grimoires
I'm not talking king. I'm talking just normal ass enemies who can hit more than one target with elementals. A skill I believe was called water splash (4-6 hits, ice element, ranged) ended up being so broken I used it even on the final boss, especially when I combined it with charge and/or debuff skills like dilution and action boost.
>Black sabbath is a great healing ability as long as you're not a complete retard with it
The numbers are way too low to be effective.
Sure, it's damage and healing in one skill, but when the damage and healing is so pitifully low, I can't see a point to it.
>>
>>337231057
>charge
>hazy arrow
How?

you literally already have a tank, you don't need to make flavio into a subpar tank just for a mediocre attacking move that you can only use every other turn.

if you go saggitarius shot you can at least do damage while eaiting for the thing to land. Also saggitarius shot can only be negated if you're a retard. Its like using a skill on a turn when the boss is completely invulnerable
>>
>>337230997
I think having 40 fucking voices is beyond fucking stupid.
>>
>>337231467
Dude its like 50 hp heal on everyone at level 3. That is not low. Its not a high priority skill but its most definetely a good skill once you have everything else.
>>
>>337230945
>I hated the lands in 4.
Well to each their own I guess. They're among my favorites both gameplay and design-wise. I just like how simple they are.
>>
>>337231558
>50 hp heal on everyone at level 3. That is not low.
Are you listening to yourself?
I can see how it'd be "decent" starting off, but using it anytime past the first or second stratum is retarded.
>>
>>337231491
>only if you're a fucking retard
>Feast
When Flavio Boosts his evasion triples regardless of what it was before.
So if you charge on a turn he's boosted, and some faggot tries to attack him, then bam you have a charged Hazy arrow.
Even better if you do triple charge, as that makes the basic attack after Hazy a forced critical too
>>
>>337231651
Gameplay, yes. Looks, no.
Then again, I never liked how the lands look, in any game.
>>
File: poutshark.jpg (41 KB, 215x194) Image search: [Google]
poutshark.jpg
41 KB, 215x194
>>337231738
>>
Ricky is adorable and powerful!
>>
>>337231491
Saggitarius is only every 3rd turn though, why are you pushing it like it competes for a turn or something. It doesn't.
>>
File: CgObpnJUMAUD37Q.jpg (403 KB, 1494x2048) Image search: [Google]
CgObpnJUMAUD37Q.jpg
403 KB, 1494x2048
>>337232014

Ricky is old and busted. Get back on the bench with Teach and the rest of the used goods.
>>
>>337231725
>and some faggot tries to attack him

So you're assuming hes going to be attacked on every turn and thus your logic falls apart.

The only way you're going to make hazy arrow consistent is by using chain dance, which will conflict with bertrand unless you male him into a damage class.

Chain dance as your only means of tanking is also unreliable as fuck.
>>
>>337232049
So you're just gonna sit there and do nothing while you wait for it to land?

The point is that its much better consistent damage per turn than hazy arrow because you can do other stuff while waiting for it to land. Hazy arrow depends entirey on you dodging an attack.
>>
>>337232820
>which will conflict with bertrand unless you male him into a damage class.
>implying Bertrand is not busy with Row Guards\Elemental Guards\maybe debuffs on breather turn
>>
>>337232820
The chances when Hazy Arrow charging will be available are better in situations where you'd even use Sagittarius, boss fights, due to bosses having group attacks.
And again I state chain dance only works for the one turn and has a higher priority rate for drawing attacks.
Plus instead of just lowering physical damage dealt like provoke, Chain Dance nullifies it.
>>
>>337232986
Yeah he's busy using fucking hit-taker every turn or using provoke.
>>
>>337230945
>not liking green-haired Landsnack from IV

How?
>>
>>337232986
>element guards
I haven't fought the dragons yet, but I never once used element guards outside of the 3rd stratum because of all the snowmen.
For the respective stratum bosses, I just used element mists.
>>
>>337233110
> or using provoke.
Just no.
>>
>>337233110
>using Hit-taker
What fucking point is having a protector at all if you're just gonna use him for Beast skills then?
Fuck, on breather turns most the time you should use attack skills like Shield Rush which makes life easier for the party, not goddamn Hit-taker.
Especially when the idea of Bert is to lower the damage coming out, not soak all of it.
Otherwise you're getting less turns for ailing slash from Chloe
>>
besides not being a bitch, is there any reason i should turn off auto-map in EOU1? It's my furst EO
>>
File: Cordelia_2.jpg (939 KB, 778x1126) Image search: [Google]
Cordelia_2.jpg
939 KB, 778x1126
>>337233202
Because I don't like Cordelia.
I used purple helmet head and then one of the males when I retired her.
>>
>>337233292
>beast
>story mode

Use your head for a second.

Also there is a point: level 20 sentinel guard.
>>
>>337233110
>using fucking hit-taker every turn
Holy shit, you must be awful at this.
Only time you're going to need to do that is if the party is staggering to recover after a party-wide attack.
>>
>>337233329
No.
It doesn't even map everything. Have fucking fun when you get to floor 2 and even more fun when you hit 3rd stratum. EOU2 was a nightmare with this shit.
>hurr, these edges don't count as walls so they don't get mapped
FUCK YOU FATLUS
>>337233347
He said beast skills, dingus.
>level 20 sentinel guard
GROSS
>>
File: teach.jpg (72 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
teach.jpg
72 KB, 400x400
>>337232263
>shiting on this pure maiden
I hope you get ambushed when you're low on TP and haven't saved for a while.
>>
>>337233347
Hit taker is not sentinel guard.
Skills with similar abilities do not stack between Grimoires.
Bert is a mitigation tank as a protector, not a fucking meat wall like a beast.
>>
>>337233398
I'm not following the conversation, but if you're using a Beast you quite literally do need to use hit-taker pretty much every turn. Most enemies will one-shot your backline with piercing attacks otherwise
>>
>>337233572
>>
File: 1387399681546.png (54 KB, 749x434) Image search: [Google]
1387399681546.png
54 KB, 749x434
>>337233557
>map the entire cherry tree bridge with walls around the sky sections
>when you get to the end of the stratum and actually have to traverse the sky sections
>mfw my maps
>>
>>337233398
No, I never implied this. It does give Bertrand something to do when he's not using party mitigation however. Its much better than Provoke or having Flavio chain dance for random encounters too.

>>337233557
>he doesn't like 70% damage reduction on the party
Stay bad.
>>
>>337233581
He's talking about Bertrand, the protector.
You don't take a guy in a party whose main healer is also your second strongest damage dealer, and make him lose more HP than he could be mitigating with guards, forcing your War Magus to waste turns on healing when she shouldn't need to instead of smashing the shit out of the enemy when you get an ailment down.
>>
>>337233398
>not using hit-taker every turn you're not gonna do something else

No anon, you're bad.
>>
>>337233917
You don't need to be mitigating with guards every single turn. Thats worthless. Most of the time its more useful to draw in attacks with something like provoke or hit-taker to one character and using guards on a turn where you know you're going to be taking massive damage.

Thats the entire point behind this conversation, because you for some reason think hazy arrow is a reliable damage attack without using chain dance.
>>
>>337233849
>70% PHYSICAL damage reduction on the party
Fixed.
When an enemy hits you with magic, which is going to happen roughly 40% of the fights you're in, sentinel guard won't do a fucking thing.
>>
>>337233917
Oh yea I agree with that. Beasts have a fuckhuge health pool and the strongest self defensive buff in the game - they're designed to absorb hits (although they still die anyways sometimes). Protectors should focus on mitigating the damage taken by your front line
>>
>>337234175
>using hit taker and TAKING DAMAGE during off turns
>instead of using chain dance and taking NO DAMAGE and getting off a skill that does 1000+ at level one
>>
>>337234186
>>337234186
No the reduction is as it says "damage reduction". The skill just also has the added effect of giving the all of the protectors defense related statuses(his actual defensive properties, his buffs and any added effects that his armor gives him) to the rest of the party,
So its basiclaly even more damage reduction depending on your protectors currents stats.
>>
>>337234458
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6ctSvRAeM0k
>>
>>337234458
Dude, two multi shots will do more fucking damage than chain dance + hazy arrow.

It follows logic that saggitarius shot is also more fucking damage based in the fact that you do multi-shots on its off-turns and that it can be boosted by charge.

Not only are you failing to tank hits every other turn (since you have to use hazy arrow) but you're also doing less damage.

Shut the fuck up already.
>>
File: 1397445120973.jpg (104 KB, 613x533) Image search: [Google]
1397445120973.jpg
104 KB, 613x533
>>337235374
>mfw landshark skill tree in EOU
was someone high when they made this? honestly what the fuck
>>
>>337235645
didnt mean to quote
>>
>>337234186
70% DAMAGE reduction plus giving the entire party the protectors defense stats, including armor effects and buffs.

Its basically perfect defense at 20.
>>
>>337235828
>>337235828
Sentinel guard doesn't block magic damage anon.
>>
>>337234458
You realize that you'd have to use chain damce every turn for that to work right? Who is gonna be tanking thhe damage on the turns you do hazy arrow?
>>
>>337235931
>For this turn, the defense of all allies becomes the same as the user's, and all damage is reduced.
>all damage

But lets humor what you're saying. If it only blocked physical damage, then tell me why would I choose to use it over the handy elemental walls I already have as protector?
>>
>>337235961
That's what Bertrand is for you dumb fuck
You use Sagittarius, Chain, then Hazy.
Just completely nixing Hazy is fucking stupid because MUH NON-STACKING SAGITTARIUS, instead of using both.
>>
>>337236356
Why do that when you can just use Multi-shot in place of hazy for more damage?
>>
>>337236356
You were just implying that I shouldn't be using hit-taker or provoke on Bertrand though.

So which is it?
>>
>>337236326
Go ahead and use sentinel guard against an elemental attack.
Shit doesn't proc the block like it would a physical attack.
At 20 it's a good block, but you are still locking down your shield skills for a turn, and it doesn't reduce magic damage.
So you're blowing a load of not only TP but party defense on one block that the enemy might just say fuck it and use a fire attack that the party will take full damage for.

>>337236627
Because if the enemy uses an AOE attack that your sentinel guard doesn't protect against, Chain Dance means less damage for Chloe to heal, meaning you can get right back into doing damage with her.
>>
>>337236709
OH MY FUCKING GOD
Nobody EVER said you shouldn't use provoke.
Chain dance FOR THAT TURN has a higher attack draw rate than provoke.
Hit taker fucks up Chloe's damage output because you need to put her on healing bitch duty more often instead of cranking out guard slash and Ailing Slash because Bert is taking so much damage from Hit Taker.
>>
>>337236782
>because IF THE ENEMY uses an AOE attack
So Chloe still has to use war heal all and its still RNG hat you dodge an attack on the turn that you're using hazy arrow and you're still using 2 turns for chain dance + hazy arrow, and you will still do more damage with two multi-shots in those two turns. You also didn't answer my question, who is tanking hits when you're doing hazy arrow? Chain dance won't be in effect there.
>>
>>337236782
Like I said, if I am facing any sort of elemental damage, why would I opt for sentinel guard instead of a wall? Especially if its going to void my shield skills for a turn

In other words, why does it matter if it doesn't mitigate magic damage? Also why is it bad to use against magical attacks if you're getting the protectors entire defense stats including the armor effects, on your party?
>>
File: medigirl.jpg (23 KB, 167x190) Image search: [Google]
medigirl.jpg
23 KB, 167x190
>It's another minmaxing argument over a single player RPG.
>>
>>337236967
She is on healing bitch duty regardless, she will have something to heal even if you're using that weak ass chain dance + hazy arrow combo. Give Arianna some healing if you need to use ailing slash every single turn so badly or learn boss patterns better so bert mitigates damage reliably.

As its already been stated multi-shot does more damage than that combo so what is the point? Get some double attack and charge grimoires, max multi shot and saggitarius and let Flavio Deal some damage
>>
>>337237379
You were saying it was almost a second perfect defense at 70% damage reduction you fucking faggot.
It only is 70% at level 20 which takes bullshit levels of RNG to get anyway, plus it does barely anything against magic anyway, not to mention the lockout.
At that point it is nothing like perfect defense.
Now quit acting like a goddamn know-it-all when you don't know fuck about the actual mechanics of the game.
Hell. How are you supposed to know when the enemy is going to use magic versus an attack you can block with can block with sentinel?
>>
>>337237537
Shut up Mediko.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 480x638) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 480x638
>>337237537
Mediko is cute!
But Fencer is Cuter!
>>
>>337237723
>how am I supposed to know
Trial and error? Bosses tend to follow a pattern. I could also just look up the bosses's pattern.

Also the tooltip says "all damage", so you can't necessarily blame me for not knowing, especialy considering the fact that I have the common sense to not waste the ability on an attack that I can mitigatee with a less resource intensive move.

>bullshit levels of rng
Or you can use any high leve grimoires you most certainly will have by the end game and look up a qr code that has a leve 10 sentinel grimoire, like any normal sane person would.
>>
>>337235645
What's the fucking point of Lands even having axes when their sword skills are 99% better?
>stun slam
EO-team, I have a medic to do that shit far better.
Plus no multi-hit attacks? Get the fuck out.
>>
>>337237723
it still is practically a perfect defense if you take the walls into account and you should since even parties that have no protectors or beasts carry wall grimoires.
>>
>>337238083
>if its not a multi-hit attack then its shit

So is ailing slash shit?
>>
>>337237723
Why are people so fixiated about the lockout in this skill? its only one turn.

It must be beast fags damage controling for their dead beast after using hit-taker
>>
File: Cc34x9KUYAADxrw.jpg (59 KB, 747x610) Image search: [Google]
Cc34x9KUYAADxrw.jpg
59 KB, 747x610
>>337238083
>5 games
>Still no dedicated axe class.

At least this time we have a proper punching class. Fucking Monks...
>>
>>337238354
Ailing slash, ecstasy. Acaishic Nova, resonance, and Peerless Combo are all shit, anon. Didn't you know?
>>
>>337238619
>playing eo3
>remove weakest armor from monk, leave second armor slot empty
>can now use fist skills with mace
>level 1 kiouken is now actually doing damage thanks to running off mace attack power

Best decision I made. Some of the monk damage skills are pretty neat
>>
>>337238354
Normal-ass physical skills which only do damage should be dedicated to being multi-hit.
Nobody ever uses anything normal-physical that isn't. Sonic raid, raging slash, etc. are fucking worthless because they only do shit damage and have no worthwhile perk to them.
Nobody gives them points or priority over something like Slaughter Blade.
Ailing slash isn't a normal physical attack. First, it needs an ailment to proc, and secondly and far more importantly, it ignores defense.
>>
>>337212924
Action Boost on everyone
Efficiency is broken because you can also use it with item.
>>
>>337240410
I meant you can use Action Boost and then use 3 copies of an item with increased healing
>>
>>337240127
Actually Ailing Slash completely ignores physical defense, ailment or not.
Sonic raid hits first, too, and does more damage than a basic attack, and there's always skills that hit all enemies too.
In fact there are no non-enemy-only skills that don't do shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 495x412) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 495x412
Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.