[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /v/ Do you feel like heroes yet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 10
File: hero.png (833 KB, 684x689) Image search: [Google]
hero.png
833 KB, 684x689
Hey, /v/
Do you feel like heroes yet?
>>
meme game
>>
File: l-unamused-puppy.jpg (118 KB, 580x386) Image search: [Google]
l-unamused-puppy.jpg
118 KB, 580x386
>"I don't feel bad about that scene, I had literally no choice. I needed to do that to continue playing the game. You can't shame me for a choice I didn't make"
>'Anon, there is always another choice; stop playing'
>>
>>337212435
>'It's a bad game on purpose'
>>
>>337212435
>'Anon, there is always another choice; stop playing'

this message would have been valid if they'd given the game away for free, and i feel like the game would have been better recieved, unfortunately that would have been basically impossible to do
>>
>click on heads to progress to next pretentious loading screen
>"feel like hero yet?"
OMG its so fucking deeeep MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN
>>
>"the other choice was to stop playing"
>game gives you actual choices at the end
>>
File: sp.png (400 KB, 829x813) Image search: [Google]
sp.png
400 KB, 829x813
>>
>>337212435
>this is the only "argument" people use against this game

This game was good. The combat was uninspired, but so is almost every shooter nowadays. The story though, and those endings, and the visuals and music are absolutely wonderful though.

Getting mad that you didn't have an option in a game is pointless because you never do. It's a linear sequence of events.
>>
>>337212695
hella f*ckin epid

uploated
>>
>>337212756
>Getting mad that you didn't have an option in a game is pointless because you never do.

Nobody got mad because you didn't have option. Everyone's mad because some dumbass fanboys pretended that you do, specifically regarding the phosphorous round thing.
>>
>>337212435
I think the absolute worst thing about the fucking people who liked this game is that they touted the "YOU COULD'VE STOPPED PLAYING/THE PLAYER FUCKED UP," when that was only a side thing limited to loading screens. It's a fantastic subversion of the modern military shooter, great art direction, atmosphere, VA, effects, with mediocre gameplay. For the atmosphere alone it's worth playing, there is not a single modern shooter out there that matches Spec Ops' atmosphere.
>>
>>337211951
No, it was pretty fun clicking on dudes I guess though. I didn't feel guilty at all from the white phosphorus part or the whole game rather since it just felt forced.
>>
>>337211951
like a real human being?
>>
>>337212893
So how does that relate to the game?
>>
File: Really kebab.jpg (62 KB, 582x463) Image search: [Google]
Really kebab.jpg
62 KB, 582x463
>This thread for the millionth time
>The same tired edgelord banter
>The same tired shitting on/defending of the game
Jesus christ does anyone seriously care this much about a short game from years ago? I mean I personally enjoyed it because I went in with realistic expectations but come on. Like it or hate it why do we have this thread every fucking day?

Wowee we get it you're a stone-cold fedora-tipping master of edge because the willy pete scene or any other part of the game didn't bother you. No one is claiming this was some game of the year or anything anyway. Just let the game die already. It was something with a fun divergence on the usual stories of generic cover shooters, brought down by lackluster gameplay. The end.

Christ how can you faggots bicker about the same fucking thing every day for years?
>>
I am an gyro
>>
>>337213810
>Just let the game die already

That's a tad disingenuous friendo. The game has a lot to teach people in terms of art direction, usage of music, camera shifts, etc.
>>
>>337213810
Why don't you post that same wall of text in console-tan threads or any other reoccurring thread?
>>
>>337213935
Not really. I'll give you music, it was a really great use of post-rock throughout, but the rest was pretty run of the mill cover shooter stuff(Which I'm pretty sure was intentional, given the message it was trying to convey).

And no one is discussing shit anyway. It's literally just everyone bitching about how tough-guy they are about the willy pete scene and blubbering about 'options' like the game was somehow Elder Scrolls or some shit. The choices were always superflous. That was the entire fucking point of the story. You play a dumb asshole who makes bad decisions because he's trying to be your average video game shooter-hero in a more down-to-earth setting where that sort of behavior leads to bad shit happening. He was never meant to be a self-insert like in Mass Effect or some shit.

Everyone knows this shit. People just want to fling shit because it's /v/. The game isn't trying to be 'deep' or 'complex'. None of this shit is hard to understand.
>>
>>337214181
>but the rest was pretty run of the mill cover shooter stuff(

...Yes that's why I didn't mention the gameplay at all but the art direction, usage of music, etc. Even the progression of gameplay tics like Walker getting more brutal is worth taking ntoe of.

>None of this shit is hard to understand.

I agree.
>>
my favorite part was how you could believe he would be apprehensive about trusting the soldiers at the end and it wasn't just forced "i'm crazy" shit
>>
>>337213810
>le you're all idiots im surperior to everyone in this thread meme

You're posting on /v/ you fucken weirdo
>>
>>337214445
Sssh, let the pseudo intellectual enjoy his own cavernous asshole for a bit longer.
>>
>m-muh stop playing
There are two kinds of retards, yet they share one common thought: It was actually some kind of message. One defends the game with it, others shit on the game because of it.

The game is basically Walker in a court of justice, and you're a judge. The only choices that matter are the one you make at the end of the game. Whatever happens during the game is a testimony, you watch and then you judge.
>>
>>337214445
>>337214525
I guess the boot fit a little too snug for you faggots.
>>
>>337214587
Not really, stellar projection though anon.
>>
File: Chortling Gooks.gif (500 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
Chortling Gooks.gif
500 KB, 500x200
>>337214641
>n-no u
>projection
>using words you don't understand.
>>
File: 1455335178040.jpg (14 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
1455335178040.jpg
14 KB, 500x381
So, the only way to win is to not play the game. 20 dollars well spent.
>>
>>337214903
The only way for walker to win, tho
And even then, he can simply go nuclear with the "welcome to dubai" ending
>>
>>337214903
This is exactly what that anon was sperging out about. It has nothing to do with the player, that is just something the fucking "fans" blew out proportion. And you're not some hotshot for pointing that out.
>>
>>337214903
Only if you're a retard self-inserting as Walker. The point of the game isn't to 'win' it by somehow getting Walker out of the retarded hole he digs himself into. You're just along for the ride. It's a story being told, not your own story in their setting.

Why am I bothering, I know you're just shitposting. No one could be this legitimately stupid. I bet you were that kid that read 'choose your own adventure' goosebumps books and flipped your shit at there being no good ends.
>>
>>337211951
killed a bunch of sand niggers so ya felt pretty good.
>>
>>337211951
Blasted through the game in 6 hours. It was so hamfisted with its "YOU DID BAD THING. YOU FEEL SORRY. SO DEEP." So I just ignored it completely and killed everyone.

Its a fucking game you faggots why would you get emotional?
>>
File: huh.jpg (12 KB, 354x290) Image search: [Google]
huh.jpg
12 KB, 354x290
>Reading a book
>A bunch of people are about to die in the story
>I keep reading
>A bunch of people die
>Book starts going "Woooooow, I can't believe you did that. You totally killed all those people by reading those pages. You could have just closed the book and saved their lives, but you just HAD to keep reading. You are one sick fuck, you know that?"
>>
>>337213810
>you're a stone-cold fedora-tipping master of edge because the willy pete scene or any other part of the game didn't bother you

Actually if that did bother you you're probably having some issues with separating games from reality.
>>
File: 1461154315405.gif (883 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1461154315405.gif
883 KB, 250x250
>mfw I shot those guys that lynched my bro Lugo
>didn't even consider the other option

yea fuck you guys
>>
>>337214587
Nice post
>>
>>337212435
There was always the third option of not being a faggot, but you didn't even consider that one.
>>
>>337215646
It's actually pretty funny.
Barker did something like that, I think.
>>
>>337211951
I'd be more interested in this game if it didn't play like shit.
>>
>>337212435
>I don't feel bad about that scene, I had literally no choice
You are retard then if this is your real excuse.
>>
>>337215714
>tipping intensifies
>>
>"it was a shitty shooter and the message was so le forced"
And yet you fucktards won't stop talking about it, top kuk
>>
>>337214801
I bet they has a hideous teeth in youth.
Now they made a surgery but still cover their mouth.
I feel pity for them.
>>
>>337211951
Best narrative ever in a game. Complex, emotional, aggressive, fantastically paced, confrontational, deep and just all around brilliant.

Gameplay was also quite good, uninspired as all hell and would've been arduous as all hell for a longer game, but worked for six hours.
>>
>>337215646
>watching someone play spec ops
>watching all the people get killed
>cutscene tells the player that they're evil
>i see the cutscene
>lol what i didn't do anything though
>realise i'm a idiot
>>
I enjoyed it for the Story they were telling about how Walker acts like the typical Call of Battlefield Honor Protagonist and the only thing he achieves is getting everybody killed.

The Music and Visuals were amazing,the 4th wall breaking was cool,the twist was good,the quirks like seeing Konrad on Posters if you turn back or Walker becoming more and more unhinged through the game and yelling obsceneties hasn't been done again.

Yet all you faggots talk about is that one fucking scene and how you are way smart because you are clearly much smarter than the writers or developers,because you didn't immerse yourself in the Story or Characters
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=915FESKzjWM

Was he insane when the Game started?
Or did his acts and killing over the course of the game turn him mad
>>
>>337215646
>I'm a retard that doesn't understand the simple as shit message the game is trying to convey about fetishizing violence and glorifying warfare and hero worship.
It's not supposed to be a 'winnable' scenario. The whole fucking point of the game is taking 'generic McShootington FPS-hero guy' and throwing him into a setting with actual consequences for his bravado and generic hollywood behavior. You're not supposed to self-insert and break the 4th wall by completely changing the personality of the protagonist to suit your own. That would defeat the entire fucking point of the story. In fact, there would be no story if you retards had your way.

Clearly the story did it's job if people are still arguing over it years after it came out. It's too bad that most of the discussion is centered around idiots that thought they were buying mass effect.
>>
>>337216702
The latter. He went through several stages of nuttery, from mild nuttery spurred on by his disbelief that Conrad was pulling the strings(Even when he technically already finished the mission he was sent to do, as his squad mates pointed out multiple times), to using Conrad as a scapegoat for him making a retarded and selfish decision centered around bravado bullshit when his two comrades tried to talk him out of it. From then on he just buys into his own bullshit further and further, because in his mind, he HAS to be the good guy, or else he has to admit that he's a murderer, and not only killed fellow servicemembers and civilians, but also his two best friends that had trusted him with their lives.
>>
>>337217097
That would explain his denial of doing anything wrong over the game,but how come he starts hallucinating shit towards the end,like the guy with the flamethrower during that one firefight or the soldier in the ending after he shoots conrad

And what's the point of him going nuclear and shooting the Soldiers coming to evac him
>>
>>337211951
fuck sandniggers
>>
>>337217301
>How come he starts hallucinating
Because he's fucking nuts. After a certain point, there is no logical explanations for why someone crazy does crazy shit. That's why it's called being crazy. There is no logic behind insanity. He was clearly not the most stable person to begin with, as evidenced by the start of the game when his squadmates told him they need to call for help when they first discover US troops after the ambush by the insurgents. That was the entire reason they were there, after all, and logically, any sane person would have figured that three guys, delta or not, aren't enough to sort of whatever situation could possibly be going on in the city. The fact that they pulled off as much as they did is both A)A miracle, and B)A consequence of it being a video game. Naturally, the characters don't 'know' they are in a game; There is no logical expectation of their squad leader wiping out a small army. To them, the very notion is, understandably, bat-shit crazy.
>>
>mfw I finished the game right now
If Walker was imagining shit, why didn't Lugo and Adams try to snap him out of it?
They kept following his orders to keep moving on, even though they didn't like it one bit.
>>
>>337212435
I do not feel bad about that scene, I just went "uh ok" and forgot about it.
>>
>>337217856
Why didn't they hear that no one else was on the Radio when he told them that Conrad talked to him?
>>
>>337216915
He isn't critizising the message of the game but the delivery which was kinda lack luster.
>>
>>337217856
They did. Many times.
>>
>people were seriously impressed with the ending

Was this your first video game or something?
>>
>>337217856
Well they certainly argued with him, but put yourself in their shoes.

They trusted this asshole with their life and he got them way in over their heads, extremely deep into hostile territory, and severely outnumbered. If they just say 'Fuck you, I'm out', they've exacerbated their weakness in numbers, as well as bucking any semblance of command and organization, while being in a desert in the middle of fucking nowhere being bombarded by non-stop severe sand storms. Realistically, their chances for survival were almost non-existent to begin with, but ditching Walker would make matters worse.

There's also a lot to be said about discipline. It's the military after all. You're not always going to agree with the decisions of those above you, but as long as they are lawful orders, you're pretty much required to follow them. There's a very strong argument to be made that the 'lawful' orders stopped about halfway into the game, but by the end of the WP scene they were fucked.
>>
>>337211951
heroes wear masks and colorful outfits. who is this chump?
>>
File: intense tipping.png (109 KB, 463x469) Image search: [Google]
intense tipping.png
109 KB, 463x469
>>337217913
>Launches mortar
>"Nothing personal, kid..."
>>
>>337218041
They did
They also saw that it was smashed to bits
And they tried to snap him out of it
>>
>>337218293
Not really I just had a 3 moth break between the first and second half of the game and forgot most about. Thats why the finale scene seemed so strangly intense too.

>MAKE A DICISION WALKER
>dude I don't know whats going on I just wanted to play a fun game

Also didn't help that I played HM at the time which has a similiar substance but also fun gameplay.
>>
>>337217856
there was a reason they were bugging walker "let's get out of here for fuck's sake" during the choice between the two hanging dudes
>>
>>337218164
Makes sense, Dubai was already a mess. I guess they had no other choice but to stick with the madman.

>>337218706
I didn't choose either of the hanging dudes, was there any different "outcome" if you chose either?
>>
>>337218842
>no other choice but to stick with the madman.
To be fair, he was literally the only person there not trying to kill them. Kinda narrows it down for them.
>>
>>337218158
yeah manhahah never played a video game befor ehahaha
>>
>>337211951
Heroes never die
>>
lol why would i want to be a cuck to society? I'm not some stupid idiot who thinks outdated morals makes me a better man. Real men see the despicable fake world for what it is and walk our own path, free from this rotting degenerate world of whores and politicians.
>>
>>337220046
*tips dick*
>>
File: 1461877688629.jpg (128 KB, 860x1168) Image search: [Google]
1461877688629.jpg
128 KB, 860x1168
>>337218293
>Get emotional over videogame characters
>>
>>337212435
>hurr you can't blame me
>all of those people who can't even grasp the idea of not bringing their egos into "experience"
why
>>
Honestly I liked the story, but it was the atmosphere that really made the game good for me. Atmosphere is an underrated part of shooters, most fuck it up horribly.

Also, the story is just a Heart of Darkness retelling, there's no need to take it so seriously.
>>
>>337215726
I replayed the game after the paris attacks purely for that one scene.
>>
>>337217301
>And what's the point of him going nuclear and shooting the Soldiers coming to evac him

At that point he realises what he has become, but he's still desperately trying to blame anything other than himself, so he blames Dubai. He kills the soldiers because he believes just being there would make them become what he (and the 33rd) had become.

The guy's nuts.

That's my feelings on it at least.
>>
Fucking meme game
>>
>>337224585
Fucking meme anons
>>
>>337216145
Mister B. Gone epic book
>>
>>337211951

I sure do. I quit playing this shit game before I wasted more of my life than I already did.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.