[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This or Dark Souls III?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 22
File: Bloodborne-Banner.jpg (308 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne-Banner.jpg
308 KB, 1280x720
This or Dark Souls III?
>>
Both, broke ass.
>>
whatever one is the sony one
>>
Bloodbourne better singleplayer
Dark Souls 3 better multiplayer
>>
File: 142833455521321.png (116 KB, 402x398) Image search: [Google]
142833455521321.png
116 KB, 402x398
>>337209431
Bloodborne is for casuals, Dark Souls 3 is for the real hardcore gamers like myself.
>>
>>337209572
Low level depth 5 chalice coop is more fun than anything on das3
>>
>>337209431
BB

it is the best souls game by far.
>>
bloodborne is the only game i've ever platinum
>>
>>337209750
Calling BB a souls game is like calling dino crisis a RE game
>>
>>337209792
More like calling Soul Hackers a Shin Megami Tensei game. Ya they're technically not in the same exact series, but they're so similar you might as well refer to it as such.
>>
>>337209792
Dino crisis kinda is tho
>>
File: 1413896960548.png (117 KB, 372x351) Image search: [Google]
1413896960548.png
117 KB, 372x351
>>337209572
>DS3
>multiplayer
>>
bloodborne, das3 is a garbage heap
>>
File: Duelist.jpg (306 KB, 744x744) Image search: [Google]
Duelist.jpg
306 KB, 744x744
>>337209431
I think BB is a much better game overall, but I enjoy the DaS3 setting and multiplayer more. I hope future DaS3 patches/DLC improve things because right now the game feels very unpolished.
>>
>>337209571
BB has better multiplayer as well, mainly b/c you can solo invade in the nightmare.
>>
File: bl.jpg (80 KB, 600x851) Image search: [Google]
bl.jpg
80 KB, 600x851
>>337209431
The one with love and passion poured into it, not the obligatory contractual corporate rehash number 3.
>>
File: oinc oinc, PCuck-desu.png (466 KB, 439x509) Image search: [Google]
oinc oinc, PCuck-desu.png
466 KB, 439x509
>>337209792
Oh look, an autist that pretends like Demon's and Bloodborne aren't Souls games just because they don't share the "Dark" name, that way he feels better not knowing that in actuality he's literally missing 40% of the franchise

Hey man, if it stops your pain then fine. Being in denial is good sometimes, I guess.
>>
File: image.png (38 KB, 300x229) Image search: [Google]
image.png
38 KB, 300x229
Bloodborne is shit
Dark Souls 3 is comfy but not ground breaking
>>
>>337209431
Dark Souls 2
>>
>>337209431
bb
>>
>>337209792

bloodborne is literally Dark Souls: Van Helsing and ayyliums edition
>>
>>337209572
This, bros.
Harcore PC gamers like us would never be satisfied with Bloodborne.
I never actually played, but seeing those videos of my youtuber of choice really showed me, the game is casual af tbeh.
Dark Souls is a classic PC game, that fortunately wasn't too casualized by the console audience.
>>
>>337209431
Bloodborne feels like the newer game even if it was released before DaS3, I guess it is because Miyazaki wanted to change his direction or innovate in different ways.

Dark Souls 3 is what it's name says, the third game on the Dark Souls saga, and if you liked the previous games, it won't disappoint, but if you want something fresher, Bloodborne is the way to go.
>>
>>337210858
this, except other way around
>>
File: 1461144904861.jpg (32 KB, 189x189) Image search: [Google]
1461144904861.jpg
32 KB, 189x189
>>337213535
It's gotten to a point where I can't even tell if you're shitposting anymore, we've gone too deep.
>>
>>337209431
Dark Souls
>>
>>337209431
what a controversial thread.
>>
>>337209431
Anyone that says DaS3 is better has probably never played Bloodborne
>>
>>337209431
BB
>Story and world never dip below a 10/10 and is consistent the entire way

DS3
>Story is a remember dark souls ride which ultimately ends with fan service rather than a real ending
>>
File: Souls3_cfc406_5873754.png (397 KB, 757x1123) Image search: [Google]
Souls3_cfc406_5873754.png
397 KB, 757x1123
Don't mind me, just image searching.
>>
Bloodborne still holds on to too many Souls mechanics as a spinoff, but it's great if you like to play aggressively and care for a tight, consistent lore.

Dark Souls 3 is creatively bankrupt and doesn't advance the series in any way. It's a mishmash of mechanics and aesthetics from all of the games with none of the quality and focuses more on jacking off DS1 fans than anything else.
>>
Bloodborne was a fresh spin on the formula and atmospheric as fuck.
Dark Souls 3 is literally "Dark Souls: Greatest hits edition"
>>
>>337213640
How can you not tell a shitpost as obvious as that?
>>
>>337209431
They should've named Dark Souls 2 something else because DaS3 actually feels like a sequel to DaS with its many references
>>
After playing Dark Souls 3 I understood why Miyazaki said he was done with the series.
>>
Bloodborne is just Dark Souls: DWGR Edition
It also went way worse with rewarding R1 spam than Dark Souls II or III ever did.
>>
Bloodborne has garbage multiplayer and no build variety. Great for at least one playthrough though.
Also its bosses (excluding DLC) were garbage, only one or 2 good ones.
>>
How the hell do I setup a controller for this game on a pc?
>>
>>337214260
>no build variety

Go full dex fag and then play another game with the wheel. It's almost a completely different game. That being said BB is pretty rigid with it's character building, a trait they carried on to DaS3 unfortunately.
>>
>>337213774
>>337213780
The two best posts of all time one after the other

How is this even possible?
>>
>>337214260
yeah yeah yeah buddy, BB has no build variety...
BB also has no magic, and even if it did it wouldn't be as fun as DaS magic, after all It's not like you can summon a giant snake, the cosmos itself, or turn into a vegetable tentacle monster and slide around like JoJo.

I bet you just throw boring fireballs and have 5 different variations of Soul Arrow in Bloodborne, what a BORE!
>>
>>337213790
Because that's exactly how DS fags sound when as the glorify the broken piece of gray shit that the souls games are.
>>
>>337215935
wtf is this
>>
>>337213435
He said Bloodborne not Demons Souls
Dark souls 3 is basically Demons souls 2
>Bloodborne is a souls game
>Skyrim is a fallout game
>>
>>337209431
BB. DS3 is just tired at this point, yesterday I played for maybe 40 minutes and then had to turn it off.
>>
File: 10b92 (4).gif (41 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
10b92 (4).gif
41 KB, 200x200
>>337219196
This.
>>
File: 8x8.png (753 B, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
8x8.png
753 B, 200x200
>>337220896
thanks doc
>>
Serious question. Did Bloodborne invasions thrive? I never got into playing it because my brother was the one playing it.

If I remember correctly, we didn't try to invade that much because it was laggy as hell.
>>
>>337209431
>HOL UP, why do we jus' take the fast paced gameplay and the large enemy groups of BB and add shields?
>Fuck me Miyazaki, you've done it again you absolute madman, everything you touch turns to gold!

DaS3 is ridiculously easy compared to BB. The only boss I had difficulty with was Nameless King and that's my own fault for being stupid enough to try and lock on all the time while his dragon/weird crow thing did laps around the arena.
>>
>>337209431
DS3>DS1>BB>Demon>no canon
>inb4 everyone fight about what is the better
is doesn't matter guys
at least we can all agree DS2 is literally dogshit
>>
>>337215935
>Hunter tools are magic meme
pfhahahha
>>
Most people on 4chan that say they prefer DaS3 over BB, haven't actually played BB. It's pretty sad.
>>
>>337221656
BB's content excluding the dlc is so easy it's ridiculous.

If anything, the only difficult part was learning the system at the intro and getting used to the gascoigne and cleric beast fights, which are the hardest fights in the game.

Everything after cathedral ward is disappointment after disappointment, both in terms of interesting level set up, enemy encounters, boss encounters, and area design.

Meanwhile DS3 starts out easier than BB but get's far more difficult as you progress through the game, and the quality only goes up.

As for the DLC, I'd personally rate Orphan as the hardest boss in the series, but this in part due to the ridiculous health pool he has, ludwig and laurence, arguably the second hardest bosses of the DLC were matched by twin princes, nameless king, pontiff sulayvahn and champion gundyr for me.
>>
>>337213937
Pretty sure he only said that to build up hype for the upcoming VR souls game memes field.
>>
File: comfy.jpg (79 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
79 KB, 409x409
>>337221839
I know, they are even better.
>>
>>337213508
haha
>>
>>337221854
why you think that?
BB is really that overrated that people is just in paranoid mode?
>>
>>337221984
Recent 4chan poll on /dsg/. Less than 50% have played BB or DeS. Weird how everyone rates them though.
>>
>>337221859
You can't say that man.

You always have to say you defeated the boss first try, you don't get why people think they are hard.
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 538x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 538x500
>>337214260
>no build variety
Yet all Bloodborne weapons are viable and have bigger movesets.
Oh, right. DaS3 has magic but... 90% of it is useless.
>>
File: DS3 BB com.jpg (353 KB, 864x1376) Image search: [Google]
DS3 BB com.jpg
353 KB, 864x1376
>>337221854
Such a shit tier argument
>>
>>337221859
You see I don't get it, people say that shit nowadays but on release it was everything after Cathedral Ward that blew everyone away. Upper Cathedral Ward, Hemwick Charnel Lane, Cainhurst Castle, Nightmare Frontier, Nightmare of Mensis, and that fucking forest so dense and huge that people still get lost in it. The second half is where the game finally reaches its stride and fucking thrives - despite the tremendous hiccup that is that area directly after the forest I can't remember the name of. What you're saying is just untrue.

It's like when people talk shit about the chalice dungeons - sure the design in them isn't all that interesting, and it really doesn't feel like you're ever discovering new areas whilst in them. But fuck man, half the fucking enemies and bosses are in there, and they're pretty fun to fight too. It's like everybody who shits on them misses the point of these games which is to fucking fight shit. If the chalice dungeon content was in Demon's Souls on release we all would've been collectively shitting ourselves because more Demon's Souls is everything I (and others as far as I know) craved when I finished it.
>>
>>337215935
Fucking this

Bloodbornes magic is so much better than Dark Souls magic because of how different and new it was.
Granted we had to wait for dlc and patches to augur for that to happen, so I'll give DaS3 the benefit of the doubt.
I really hope Miyazaki fixes magic.
>>
>>337209792

You mean,like Dino Crisis, Bloodborne is for patricians and dark souls is for the unwashed masses?
>>
File: smug.jpg (3 KB, 127x119) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
3 KB, 127x119
>>337222391
>That freudian slip

Search your heart, anon
>>
File: image.jpg (343 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
343 KB, 1920x1080
I bought a fucking ps4 just to play bloodborne. It's honestly not a hard game, I might have had an easy playthrough because I'm experienced with these souls games. But every boss fight in the game took me 1 to 3 tries each, no joke. Even the final boss took me 2 tries to beat him, and the secret final boss took me 2 tries (first try is when you have to fight him after fighting the final boss so you ain't got much blood vials to fight him). My total playtime for all of it was around 33 hours and take in mind that I spent many hours farming for bloodvials early on and more many hours grinding to level up near at the end.

Fuck the entirety of Nightmare of Mensis, it's the absolute worse area a souls games has ever produced.
>>
>>337222121
well , people hate the games out for ps4 so i can see why.
Maybe in the future anon , i like the game but holy fuck people think is the second coming of christ of something.
>>
>>337209431
Slashy Souls
>>
>>337209431
Dark souls 3
When you're done playing bloodborne, you realize you can't have a second play through with another build and its kinda sad
Still very great
>>
>>337215935
>I bet you just throw boring fireballs and have 5 different variations of Soul Arrow in Bloodborne
tbf that is exactly what the new spells in TOH are. They made up for it with the Kos Parasite, but the new spells are pretty shite. Using Blacksky Eye feels like cheating.

>>337223146
>But every boss fight in the game took me 1 to 3 tries each, no joke
The hard stuff is all in the chalice dungeons. Which sucks, because you have to grind through a lot of padding to get to the interesting bits.

>Fuck the entirety of Nightmare of Mensis, it's the absolute worse area a souls games has ever produced.
Agreed. It's a weird alien nightmare world, they could've come up with the most bizarre shit imaginable, instead we got a completely linear boring black castle with mostly recycled enemies. The only redeeming quality is Micolash.
>>
>>337222431
I'm sorry but hemwick charnel lane is a shit, short, useless area with a shit boss, and tons of multiple enemy encounters to mask interesting encounter design. Upper cathedral ward is really, really short, the main dark room is literally "hurr durr let's just put tons of annoying enemies in one room for no reason!" with like 4 beasts, and tons of brainsuckers, which have high health and do a ridiculous amount of damage with their grab attacks, celestial emissary is pure garbage, ebrietas is good.

Cainhurst is depressingly short for such an imposing area design, the enemies are tedious and not worth fighting due to their bloated health half the time, the area needed at least two other routes to do shit in. Logarius is decent though.

Nightmare frontier has interesting visual design, but the area is really quite useless, and serves really only as a place to get a couple crappy runes, amygdala is shit because nightmare frontier is not the right place for him, defiled chalice's amygdala for example shows how much more threatening he would look and feel, just like the ones in yahar'gul.

Yahar'gul meanwhile is relatively shit as well, the area's encounter design is once again "put tons of enemies in one spot" but now has respawning and buffed enemies, the 3 hunter encounter kind of cements this design philosophy, and it is agonisingly tedious. One reborn is pure and utter garbage, Paarl is good.

Nightmare of mensis was really disappointing to me, I felt like after the actually relatively mediocre twist, maybe they would do something actually eldritch with the level design, but instead we get another gothic/victorian looking area with tedious enemy encounters, and one really shit boss, micolash, and one disappointingly easy one, wet nurse.

Byrgenwerth is possibly the most disappointing area in the game, an area so central to BB's lore and world being so short and uninteresting I was sure it was a transitory area to something better. Rom is garbage.
>>
>>337223724
I feel like when BB fans mention Dark Souls magic being fireballs or soul arrows repetitively, they forget the huge utility that spells in souls have.

Just going by a few, we have buffing spells, transport spells, spells that affect messages appearing, spells which cancel magic, spells which heal, spells which buff, a spell that gives you defence but makes you walk slow,

Not to mention the actual large variety in offensive spells, swarming insects, lightning spears, lightning storms, light pillars, various fireballs including lingering lava trails, explosive and cannon like ones, swathes that trail and explode, flamethrowers, huge laser like soul streams, the soul spear/soul arrow sets, crystal dragon breath.

Whenever I see someone defending BB's magic they trivialise Dark souls as soul arrow/lightning spear/flame ball.

In truth, the amount of variety that goes into souls magic is really useful, because it helps to justify the stat point allocation.

I always felt that in BB making an arcane build felt in some ways limited to the souls series, because the huge variety in utility and offensive stuff just wasn't there, the hunters tools were okay, but it really felt like they just threw arcane scaling on a ton of weapons at last minute because they realised they needed to justify the stat.
>>
>>337209431

Dark Souls 3 is the worst Souls, even 2 is better.

>Poise doesn't work
>No build variety
>99% of the weapons have a quality scaling
>99% of the weapon arts are the same
>rehashed sounds,textures,bosses
>retarded story lines
>Gank Squad PvP
>Longswords do more DPS than Greatswords
>they were that lazy they even rehashed a boss 2 times in the same game (Gundyr)
>terrible PC port with shit optimization and no real PC settings
>first day DLC

But I won't argue with the average 15 year old reddit userbase here
>>
>>337223654
>you realize you can't have a second play through with another build and its kinda sad
what are str, skill, arcane and bloodtinge builds
>>
>>337224314
>they were that lazy they even rehashed a boss 2 times in the same game (Gundyr)
>assylum demon, stray demon, and demon firesage get a pass even though Champ is totally different from Iudex
>>
I've seen some people missing the point of BB's different areas.

It goes from big sprawling areas full of verticality and shortcuts, to more linear levels, to short ones that are more visually interesting rather than being an actual level (such as the university), and then back again to sprawling areas.

It breaks the monotomy in level design.

In DaS3 almost EVERY level is full of branching paths. Whenever I get on a new area I already know there will be the main path and the obligatory optional area on the side, which by itself is also usually full little paths.
It gets tiresome and repetitive, there are very few breaks from that kind of level.
Having too much of a thing isn't always good.

Also, there are way too many water/swamp areas. And the "let's put a random Giant in the middle of a room for no reason" gimmick ran short and was repeated two too many times
>>
>>337224314
>Poise doesn't work
correct
>no build variety
incorrect
>99% of weapons have a quality scaling
incorrect
>99% of weapon arts the same
incorrect
>rehashed sounds, textures, bosses
to a very, very limited extent, but largely incorrect
>retarded story lines
incorrect
>gank squad pvp
what is every other game in the series
>longsword do more dps than greatswords
this makes sense though, greatswords should be about positioning stronger, strategic blows, whereas longswords should be about faster, more relentless gameplay, in pvp it doesn't even matter, if you have a BKGA, or profaned greatsword it will shit on longsword users every single time
>gundyr rehashed
no, asylum demons were rehashed, gundyr has completely different second phase playstyles,
>terrible pc
incorrect
>first day dlc
incorrect
>>
>>337223725
I understand all your points on not liking those areas, whilst I generally do, but I find it hard to fault them so much while areas that are much trashier in the Dark Souls games and Demon's Souls exist. I won't pull up examples because I'd just be generalizing and nitpicking what I'd be assuming are areas you might like, but in my opinion the drop in quality between different parts of Bloodborne is less steep than the discrepancy in quality between the best and worst areas of the rest of the souls games.
>>
easily Blooborne
>>
>>337224401
I think he meant that there's no item for respec like soul vessel.
>>
>>337209431
BB. I was already sick of the Souls formula at 2, DeS and DaS were enough. Let them do something new instead of clamoring for sequels.
>>
File: 1451778866452.jpg (528 KB, 1280x1811) Image search: [Google]
1451778866452.jpg
528 KB, 1280x1811
BB

The setting, gameplay changes and the music all brokeup the generic-ish fantasy lul that the series was in.
Plus it was polished to a mirror sheen and you could feel that it was a labor of love for the developers.

Also has the best waifu who truly loves you.
>>
>>337224164
>In truth, the amount of variety that goes into souls magic is really useful
It really isn't m8

In PvP you can't be bothered to use gimmicks. You just stick with what works, unless you're trying to do something cheesy and don't mind dying over and over again. Attunement slots prohibit you from having a fun and useful selection of spells. You just the get 3 or 4 that do the job if your intention is to actually win a fight.

And all the utilitarian stuff is barely used in any circumstance, even in PvE why would you use the aggro spell, for example? Weapon and shield buffs are pretty much the only thing used other than offensive or healing spells. Stuff like IronFlesh or Flash Sweat is only used when you want to pick up an item on lava or something.

There is a lot of "variety" in DaS3's magic, if the gameplay was reading spell descriptions that is. In reality nothing's balanced and only a handful of spells are actually useful (or used at all)
>>
Does BB let you hold off going to new game+ like DS2 and 3? If not when should I start the DLC stuff? Just got to the bloodmoon part of the game, figure I'm about halfway through.
>>
Is anyone still even playing BB for pvp now?
>>
>>337225989
About where you are is right.
As long as you don't kill the boss after meme man (You'll know him when you see him) you're good in terms of triggering the end.
>>
>>337225327
By this argument you could just as easily claim that none of the hunters tools in BB are ever useful.

I could imagine the aggro spells being very useful in a "protect the host no matter what" situation.

PvP is a completely different beast though, and utility spells have largely never been used much within it.

Dark souls games also have tiered spells, which is very useful for build variety, as someone with 30 faith can use lightning spear while someone with 40 can use sunlight spear, you don't have to pump stats to the full to get certain effects

Just a few useful ones:

>bountiful sunlight, restores your own hp, but also people around you, very useful for co-op
>caressing tears, cures status ailments of people around you and yourself, very useful in many situations
>tears of denial, a one hit before death safety measure, very useful both in pvp and pve
>sacred oath, buff, useful in pve and pvp
>the various faith, pyro and magic buffs
>great magic barrier, useful in pve and pvp
>vow of silence, pve and pvp
>dead again, very fun for tricking people in pvp
>atonement, useful for protecting hosts
>iron flesh, useful in defensive/trick situations
>flash sweat, useful for blocking fire damage
>power within, buff
>carthus beacon, like pontiff's right eye without needing to wear the ring
>rapport, gain a team mate
>magic shields, buff shields
>spook, useful for preventing fall damage and for sneaking
>aural decoy, useful for steath gameplay and pvp
>repair, hidden weapon, chameleon, hidden body etc.
>

Dark Souls traditionally has a ton of very, very useful magic.
>>
>>337226157
sure thing, bud
>>
Can someone explain why BB has better particle effects compared to DS3?
>>
>>337226326

Wasn't restricted to Xbone limitations.
>>
Playing through Bloodborne was a chore at launch and I can't bring myself to play it again but DS3 was fucking fun and i can't wait to go NG+ when I've finished all the other games that have just come out.
>>
File: oxvasc.jpg (223 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
oxvasc.jpg
223 KB, 1920x1080
>>337226326
-Sony money
-Sony developer talent
-focus on 1 platform
-More focused game overall, more time to polish its elements
-Has a post-processing suite that was removed in DaS3, which I'm sure is part of the reason why particles look neat.
>>
DS3
BB is good and polished, but for one I don't really connect with its art-direction, it just seems too boring to me. And for second the whole game is based around one playstile and everything else in the game is just additions to it, you can't pick caster from the start and play the whole game as one, or a gunslinger, or tank, you always play a rogue type who can also use spells or shoot a powerful cannon, but at the end of the day you will always be hitting with your melee weapon and you will always be dodging attacks.
>>
>>337226326
I dunno, electricity effects are fucking terrible, I've seen better lightning in 2,5d shooters from the 90s.
>>
I'd get both but if you are only getting one get BB for now since DS3 needs some patches and DLC
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.