[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ninja games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 8
File: ninja.jpg (122 KB, 1000x636) Image search: [Google]
ninja.jpg
122 KB, 1000x636
What are some good ninja games? Preferrably PS3.

I played Mark of the ninja and had a lot of fun, Ninja gaiden games on NES, but now I'm thinking about picking up Sigma. Is it any good?
>>
It's great.
>>
File: Ninja-Gaiden.jpg (178 KB, 1122x972) Image search: [Google]
Ninja-Gaiden.jpg
178 KB, 1122x972
>>337207701
Sigma 1 is pretty good. It's slightly worse than Black but compensate with better visuals and 1080p.
Sigma 2 is significantly worse than vanilla but still good game.
Razor's Edge can be pretty fun but it's much worse than previous Ninja Gaiden games.
>>
>>337208404
Can you explain how Razor's Edge is much worse? I enjoyed it much more than Sigma 2.
>>
>>337208535
>enemies are damage spounges
>shit enemy design in general
>extremely hard to delimb enemies
>essence is removed
>without essence UT and OT are dumbed down
>SoB is pure shit and cancer
>all your moves are nerfed compared to previous games (flying swallow, GT, Momiji's aerial UT, wind path, etc)
>bosses are awful
>no items
>bad visual effects which makes fight look like some epileptic fest
>>
>>337208960
>essence is removed

Thank Christ. That was always a pretty retarded mechanic anyway. UT and OT spamming forever with that shit around.

>SoB

SoB is actually kind of cool. Only enemies that are heavily injured can start it, and you can't kill more than like 2 or 3 of them with that shit anyway.

>no items

That's the best part. You can no longer just spam the heal button. Not that you should've been using items in the other games anyway.

Flying swallow was always OP dude, it needed a nerf.
>>
>>337209271
>OT spamming forever
I bet you never actually played the game. Not on harder difficulties at least. If you spam OT you'll never get blue or red essence which is very important. The same for UT. Plus UT had a purpose on gaining more money. Everything was tied into one game system where your money\items\health is working together in combat. In Razor's Edge though you have absolutely no reason NOT to use OT because now it's just a flashy finisher and you can still spam UT except now it's more tedious because you need to charge it. Also, third level for UT is retarded idea.
>Only enemies that are heavily injured can start it
The fuck are you talking about? Any enemy can start it any time. It's the most effective way to kill chimeras for example, just bait for SoB and kill them.
>You can no longer just spam the heal button
Not like you can in NG2. Your healing items supply is really limited and you need your money to upgrade your ninpos and weapons, remember? Money and item management is a huge part of NG2 MNM playthrough. In Razor's Edge you forced to keep your health upgrades for stupid boss fights.
>Flying swallow was always OP dude, it needed a nerf.
Nothing needs a nerf in singleplayer game. Game need to stay fun. Razor's Edge made all fun moves useless EXCEPT Izuna Drop which you can still spam all day every day. It also has stupid shit like scythe 360T so your argument is really pointless.

If you wanna keep arguing, I want to know which NG games you finished on MNM mode.
>>
>>337208404
I only ever played sigma but everyone says black is better.
Can anyone elaborate why?
Is it just the Rachel missions? because I agree those were pretty annoying.
>>
>>337210165
Sigma has weird loading times from time to time when you pickup items for example, while Black doesn't have them at all. Sigma also has some areas slightly changed. I think in Black you get nunchaku right from the beginning of the game, while in Sigma you need to pick it up on level 4 which makes it pointless since it's only usefull on first level.

Overall it's very close expirience. And yes, Rachel's chapters are bad. Should've been a bonus mode instead of interrupting main story.
>>
>>337210004
Anon this isn't Recettear. The focus should be on the combat, not farming essences. But I see your point, mostly.

>what games you finished on MNM mode

None because none of them had that shit unlocked from the beginning. And re-playing games a second time around is never as fun as the first time, nor as difficult since you get more skilled after you beat it the first time. You said it yourself, game needs to stay fun. Pretty sure Izuna drop has always been extremely useful even in the previous games. I mean it made enemies drop blue essences automatically for fucks sake.

Honestly I really want to bitch about this unlockable difficulty shit now. God hand did that shit best.
>>
>>337210630
>it made enemies drop blue essences automatically for fucks sake
Stop this bullshit already. ID never worked like that.
>>
>>337211076
>ID never worked like that.

Pretty sure it did anon. That's the one reason I used it that's for sure. Pop an ID, and then use the Ult, then collect all the beefed up essences, then Pop an ID again and so on and so forth. Unless I'm mistaking it for some other move that pretty much became my modus operandi.

I got like halfway through my second playthrough when I got bored of the game. It was just too easy. Apart from the doppelganger. That guy was fun as fuck. And then back to the regularly scheduled spider ninjas who aint shit anymore.

Got pretty mad that the fucking doppelfaggot was only the second play through and not the original one.

So glad that Vanquish didn't lock the highest difficulty. Man what a game that was.
>>
>>337211373
No, it did not. There's no move which can affect red\blue essence drop.
>>
>>337210165
Black is better because you don't have to play it with a DS3. Even the Duke is preferable.
>>
>>337211572
Then why the fuck was I getting so many blues then?

I thought for sure that was what was happening.
>>
>>337211817
Maybe you played on ninja dog or something or maybe your memory fucks you up, I don't know.
>>
File: Ryu Hotsuba.jpg (306 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Ryu Hotsuba.jpg
306 KB, 1280x960
>>337207701
The game's not bad, the quick time event fest holds it back though.
>>
>>337211956
>on ninja dog or something

No way. I remember when I was first asked that shit and accidentally said yes. I think I had to start the game again. Either that or reload the level.

Well my most recent memory of it was from the second highest difficulty, where I wasn't really dying that often anyway.
>>
>>337211985
You can set it so they do them for you
>>
Strider is fun. Usually drops to $2 on sale but it's in a $1 PC humble bundle right now
>>
>>337210165
>Black
has shorter load times
no load times when picking opening chests
on higher difficulties weapons like lunar staff and nunchucks will be available from the start.
more costumes
you don't have to shake the controller like a spaz when using ninpo

personally, I don't mind Rachel levels but they can be a roadblock to some
>>
>>337211817
some enemies like the cattits, soldier who has a shield, grenadier etc. are more likely to spawn blue essense than others. Otherwise, no attack in game controls what essense will pop up.
>>
>>337208960
The crystal skulls were good, unfortunately that's about all it has going for it.

>>337210004
NGS2 never gave me money problems so I was fully stocked on health potions for the last 10 chapters of the game or so

I miss Rachel, and Emma's Blade though, Bloody arm multipliers weren't nearly enough to make up for the lack of those two
>>
Does NG play like Nioh or DMC3/4?
>>
>>337215085
neither
>>
Play Ninja Gaiden on Master System.
>>
>>337214786
>NGS2 never gave me money problems
Because you don't need essence for upgrades in NGS2. In vanilla you need to spend your money on your weapons.
>>
>>337215328
Like in NGS1 and 3 then? Because that was a pain and pretty much locks you into the dragon sword, so you can spend your money on health potions.
>>
File: 1433012222302.jpg (137 KB, 850x699) Image search: [Google]
1433012222302.jpg
137 KB, 850x699
>>337215582
>spend your money on health potions
For fuck's sake, git gud.
>>
>>337215756
Well what else are you going to spend it on in S2?
>>
>>337215085
More like DMC than Nioh.
>>
Shinobi 3
Shinobi 3DS
Shinobi PS2/Nightshade
>>
>>337210165
Black also has better levels, enemies and bosses
>>
>>337217182
Wait, the bosses were changed between Black and Sigma as well?
>>
>>337217182
What the hell are you talking about? Enemies and bosses are the same.
>>
I - Ninja
>>
>>337216389
>Shinobi 3DS
>>
>>337218006
That game was such a pleasant surprise.
>>337216389
I never got around to the PS2 games, but Revenge of Shinobi is excellent and so are the Game Gear games. As is the original.
>>337207701
Ninja Five-O
>>
Any recommendation for games featuring ninja and stealth like tenchu?
>>
Onimusha mixes in some playable ninja with it's samurai.
>>
>>337219880
Shinobido
>>
>>337219880
>There will never be a good tenchu game again
>There will never be another good Shinobi like the PS2 one
>There will never be another good ninja gaiden
Just yoh my shit up
>>
>>337222637
>Itagaki can't make good games without Team Ninja
>Team Ninja can't make good games without Itagaki
It's like pottery.
>>
>>337222945
DOA5 is good.
>>
>>337208960
You forgot:

>less weapons overall
>weapons generally don't have as good/interesting movesets as they did in NG2/NGS2

Just look at what they did with the FT ffs.
>>
>>337218006
So is this similar at all to Strider?
>>
>>337223331
Well, it's not like having more weapons will make any difference. Whole game core is rotten with bad design decisions. Hayashi proved by Sigma2 he doesn't understand what makes NG games so good. There's literally zero hope for good new NG game.

That's why I'm kinda optimistic about Nioh. Yes, it's a souls ripoff but at least it's original IP. Looking forward to try it out.
>>
>>337216389
>Shinobi 3

>downloaded this game b/c I kept on hearing about how good it was
>turns out it controls like shit on the OG 3DS due to the placement of the dpad and how small it is
>cramped my hand like a motherfucker just trying to play it

I need to buy a N3DS XL already. Game seemed otherwise pretty good from what I played of it, though I sucked at it too.
>>
>>337223497
>souls ripoff
>Game actually makes you feel powerful when you get good at it
I don't think so, bud.
>>
>>337223687
I didn't play demo so my opinion is based on trailers only.
>>
>>337223497
Team Ninja have improved since vanilla NG3 and that whole period after Itagaki's departure where they seemed to make nothing but terrible games. I have hope for NG4 if they decide to make it but I also hope they make it more like Black or NG2 and only take the best ideas from NG3:RE, like S-O-B as an anti-throw move or karma factoring into buying moves (personally I feel like they should bring back essence as currency and use karma as a discount, so that the better you do, the less items will cost).

Ni-Oh does look pretty damn good though, I'll say.
>>
>>337223748
Then please, do not comment.
>>
>>337223814
Why the fuck not? Because some idiot on imageboard told me so?
>>
>>337211572
Actually I'm PRETTY sure that in NG2, if you just kill enemies 'normally' without using UTs, ETs, or OTs, then the probability of getting a blue essence rises. Pretty sure you can't get blue essence at all if you use OTs/ETs.

Not sure if ninpo works the same either.
>>
>>337223958
Because you do not know what you are talking about.
>>
>>337215085
Kinda like DMC, but with less of an emphasis on combos, and more on movement and counters. Enemies are agile and aggressive. Jumping puzzles don't feel clunky. I highly recommend it.
>>
>>337223768
>improved since vanilla NG3
Making pile of shit slightly less shitty is not that much of improvement honestly. Razor's Edge plays nothing alike first two games, so I really doubt they'll go back to the formula.
>best ideas from NG3:RE, like S-O-B
SoB is awful.
>>
>>337223972
>without using UTs, ETs, or OTs, then the probability of getting a blue essence rises
It was mentioned itt, you can't get red\blue essence from UTs, ETs and OTs. I think I heard somewhere there's higher chance of blue\red essence drop if you kill enemies with ninpo, but I'm not sure this is true. But I'm totally sure none of your normal moves increase chance of health and ninpo drops.
>>
>>337224069
>SoB is awful.
It needs to be reworked but actually having some kind of anti-throw move is a great idea.

Plus there were other good ideas, like the 360 shuriken throw move, the teleport, etc.

I wouldn't mind if ninpo were tied to a meter like in 3:RE either, but if they also brought back red essence to fill it. And if they brought back healing items as well.
>>
>>337224267
>anti-throw
It's not even anti-throw, what are you talking about. You dodge the throw and punish enemy. You don't need cinematic shit for it.
>like the 360 shuriken throw move, the teleport, etc.
This is a good point. Movesets are one thing RE did well. Some shit is kinda overpowered like two buttons Izuna Drop. The problem is without NG2 combat those movesets are useless. It was also shitty how teleport consumed ninpo. And that stupid ninpo gauge... How did they fuck Ninja Gaiden so much, holy shit..
>>
>>337224654
>It's not even anti-throw, what are you talking about. You dodge the throw and punish enemy. You don't need cinematic shit for it.
It's basically the same shit.

>This is a good point. Movesets are one thing RE did well. Some shit is kinda overpowered like two buttons Izuna Drop. The problem is without NG2 combat those movesets are useless. It was also shitty how teleport consumed ninpo. And that stupid ninpo gauge... How did they fuck Ninja Gaiden so much, holy shit..
Were the movesets that good? None of the weapons seemed particularly fun to use so I didn't really bother with anything but the sword, which I also felt wasn't as good as the Dragon Sword in NGB or NG2.

Didn't really like what they did with the LS or the FT either.

Pissed me off how they brought back the Kusari-gama but left out the Vigoorian Flails as well.
>>
>>337211712
duke is always preferrable
>>
>>337224823
>It's basically the same shit.
The fuck are you talking about? It's like calling Izuna Drop counter move just because you dodge something and dropped them. SoB is just QTE shit which triggers in some specific moment. It's not anti-something move, it's literally cinematic cancer.
>Were the movesets that good?
Movelists are huge in RE. For me pesonally it's not a big deal since NG2 had pretty nice movesets already, but there're some nice things.

Girls also were fun to play. They were so shit in Sigma 2 and here they're quite interesting.
>>
>>337215085
two melee buttons light/heavy instead of 1 in DMC
commands are strings of light/heavy inputs instead of shortcuts
little to no air game and no juggling unless cornering enemy into a wall
guard and rolls are instant in NG, unlike DMC
no manual control over lock-on like in DMC
no weapon switch unless you go into menu
there is only one button for charging attack
lots of various contextual attacks -- on-land, near downed enemy, near delimbed enemy
ridiculously relentless enemy AI

we should appreciate how *different* and good in it's own NG was from say DMC
>>
>>337225307
Rachel was pretty decent, if only in comparison to how she was in NGS, and Miji seemed pretty balanced. Ayane needed a hug buff from 2-3 which she got some of.

Also not them, but in regards to SOB, do you also count OTs as QTEs since they're cinematic and triggered by specific moments too?
>>
>>337215085
Closest comparison would be Bayonetta, but with far more aggressive enemies and an emphasis on blocking/countering/dodging rather than just dodging like Bayonetta.
>>
>>337225667
Bayo has block/frame-perfect counter as well

but yeah, playing NG is like even the lowest mook is Gracious and Glorious
>>
>>337225649
Not him but SOB is more QTE because certain enemies need additional button inputs to finish the move once you start it (some additional button mashing, for example), and it's not optional like the OTs because they happen all the time in combat.
>>
>>337225649
>Rachel was pretty decent
Go and play her mission on MNM to see how clunky she is.
>OTs as QTEs
OT is contextual finisher, not a QTE. SoB is literally "press X to kill X enemies".
>>
>>337225937
that's why I said in comparison to NGS1, although I do like how in Ninja trials whenever I pick her the ratio is always something like 90/10 between me and the A.I,

>>337225921
Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about the mashing for the chimeras, but if it didn't have that bit would you be okay with SoBs?
>>
>>337223578
>Shinobi 3
>though I sucked at it too

Is this your first Shinobi game? It's actually the easiest in the series.

But yeah, I'm not a fan of any 3DS dpad.
>>
File: Ninja Gaiden 3 Slash.jpg (342 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Ninja Gaiden 3 Slash.jpg
342 KB, 1920x1080
I think the thing I hated the most about Ninja Gaiden 3 was the lack of boss health bars. When I'm playing an action game, I want to know how much damage I'm dealing to bosses so I know what's working, what isn't working, and how deep I can go if they're at low health.

Such as it is when I was fighting difficult bosses I adopted a "hit twice and run away" strategy because I had no idea how much longer I had to sustain.

I heard that Razor's Edge fixed it, but my other complaints about the combat and enemy design didn't make me want to find out how much it was "fixed."
>>
>>337226092
>Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about the mashing for the chimeras, but if it didn't have that bit would you be okay with SoBs?
At that point they just become more cinematic OTs, so I guess.
>>
>>337226092
>okay with SoBs?
SoB is pure shit. You can't compare it to OT. You need to delimb enemy first of OT and even if you do it's not always good idea to do OT, since you can need essence or keep delimber enemy for emergency i-frames. That's what made NG2 combat so deep.

SoB is just "lol red attack now I can kill enemies for free while healing)))"
>>
File: 1459495646700.jpg (2 MB, 1438x2592) Image search: [Google]
1459495646700.jpg
2 MB, 1438x2592
This one.
>>
>>337226360
Wasn't SoB also emergency I-frames? That's how I recall using it.
>>
>>337226223
Yep, my first Shinobi. That combined with the 3DS' dpad meant that I wasn't going to get very far in it any time soon.
>>
>>337226607
You have no control over sob. It appears randomly.
>>
>>337226694
I recall a few attacks that proc'd it more than others, sort of like how in NG2 a few weapons had almost guaranteed limb removal (the Lunar's XY combo was one, I believe).
>>
File: NG2.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
NG2.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>337226923
No, there's no such thing. You can bait it sometimes but it's not the same as using delimbed enemies alive so you can OT them later.
>>
>>337226694
>It appears randomly
you press the heavy attack when the enemy flashes red. Enemy flashes red for certain attacks, mainly grab/throws. Unless you mean whether the enemy initiates the grab/throws or not is random, I have no clue what you are tlaking about.
>>
>>337227051
Ah memories.
>>
>>337227257
>Flashes red.

Is this something they added to Razor's Edge? I remember certain enemies became vulnerable to SoB if you hit them enough to make them bloody, but I never saw an enemy "flash red" before.
>>
>>337225937
>how clunky she is
literally, leg lock throw/counter/spam UT the character. Her playstyle is limited but otherwise she plays fine.
>on MNM
I finished MNM, even did all the fiend challenges to unlock hairstyles seriously, wtf Hayashi
>>
>>337227257
Are you retarded or something? Of course I meant it's random if enemy will do red attack or not.
>>
>>337227449
I was talking about Sigma 2. She's boring but powerful in Sigma 1.
>>
>>337227498
lack of clarity, thought you mashed buttons and failed to understand how it worked
>>337227364
yes. You can see a red flash/smoke effect for certain attacks.
>>
>>337221215
Damn, the game is quite fun and challenging when playing as Kaede. You have piss poor health, take a lot of damage, can't use magic attacks but also much more nimble and can do "backstabs". I wish it would've longer.
>>
>>337207701
Only played Sigma 2 so far, amazing game until you try the highest difficulty setting and find out that it just sucks all the fun out of the game. Twice i have quit halfway through it, not because i couldn't keep going but because i was just not having any fun getting one shotted by off screen projectiles and grabs. Literally 95% of your deaths in that difficulty will be to bullshit grabs.
>>
>>337227687
>yes. You can see a red flash/smoke effect for certain attacks.
jesus that's casual.
>>
>>337219880
I fucking wish :(
>>
>>337228040
Yes, broken balance is the main problem with Sigma 2.
>>
>>337223578
Shinobi 3 is excellent. I've only played it on a 3DS XL (and Genesis) so I can't comment on the controls, but the game is pretty easy. Especially compared to Revenge of Shinobi. If you enjoy the game check out the other Genesis games, the Game Gear games, and definitely Shinobi 3DS.
>>
>>337225307
>triggers in some specific moment
>that moment being specific enemy attacks
>not anti-something move
>>
>>337228762
You don't negate the move, dumdum. You dodge and counter attack.
>>
>>337224267
>360 shuriken throw move
that move had a use? Couldn't find much use for it outside maybe crowd control but found regular shuriken throws did the job alright.
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.