[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Witcher 3 is a copy-paste of BamHam and Ass Creed >This
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: not ass creed.jpg (411 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
not ass creed.jpg
411 KB, 1920x1080
>Witcher 3 is a copy-paste of BamHam and Ass Creed
>This somehow makes Witcher 3 good
Can someone explain to me exactly why Witcher 3 is considered a good game? The gameplay barely stands above Ass Creed or Bamham. Hell they rip certain elements straight out of Ass Creed such as eagle vision. Is story all this game got going for itself?
>>
>>337205943
Witcher 3 wasn't praised for it's gameplay. It was the story, the way quests are set up, the graphics, pretty much everything but gameplay, but the gameplay wasn't terrible either
>>
Is this the daily witcher 3 shitting thread?
>>
The fact that /v/irgins cry so much about this makes means that it must be good.

I had never heard of Undertale until /v/ was crying about it. I bought it and it was an amazing, refreshing experience.
>>
>>337206806
>daily
no, it's not that relevant anymore
>>
At least every quest was interesting while you followed orange glowing red stains around.
>>
>>337205943

Please, suggest a superior, feasible way to implement a witcher's highly tuned senses into the game.
>>
>>337207505
Witcher 2, where you pressed a button to use the medalion and check what shit was interactable
>>
>>337205943
It's not. Witcher 1 & 2 just built it so it seemed acceptable. The gameplay is absolutely atrocious and they literally threw the story at the wall by making 80% of it related to finding Ciri.
>>
>>337207105
How old are you m8?
>>
>>337207585

You do realise that that boils down to basically the same thing as Witcher 3 senses, right? You press or hold a button to see the important shit.
>>
>>337207884
better than the fish eye effect
>>
>>337207984

I'd rather stay in the fish eye effect rather than having to keep touching the medallion over and over, personally.
>>
>>337205943
>Witcher 3 is a copy-paste of BamHam and Ass Creed
>despite being almost nothing like either one
OK.
>>
>>337208229
personally found the fish eye effect to be nauseating but whatever. Bamham vision is the least of Witcher 3's problems
>>
I was always interested in TW series but I played the first 2 for about an hour or so each and was bored. I found TW2 to be a lot more interesting but hard. I definitely want to give them another shot though.
What's 3 like?
>>
>>337207884
nobody hold a gun at you to push it

everything is textured you can see it if you want and walk to the destination like the "real tracker" and only press it at the end(except smells)
>>
>people still cant get over the 6 gorillion awards that TW3 won last year

Cmon guys, do you want to hold these old grudges forever?
>>
>>337208290
>detective vision that makes important stuff glow = bamham
>mob of enemies that surround you but always attack one at a time = ass creed

W3 is like these games in that they all have shit combat
>>
>>337208323
>What's 3 like?
Combat improved from 2
Game got hit with the easy stick.
Graphics are good -> sex scenes look good
some content feels like filler but most of them are great
final act felt too long and dragging
main quest felt focusless
latter 2 are just muh opinions
>>
>>337206531
Pretty much this. The gameplay wasn't amazing, but functional and has a surprising amount of depth for an asscreed clone on higher difficulties. I fucking loved the world and characters and I can't wait for Blood and Wine.
>>
>>337206531
Are 1 & 2 necessary?
>>
>>337209941
no
>>
>>337209941

The books are.
>>
>>337209941
No, but they're nice to play despite their flaws
>>
>>337209941
I didn't think 1 was, but 2 frames a lot of the story and characters.
>>
>>337208726
>Game got hit with the easy stick.

Not really, I'd say it's more fair. People also tend to forget Witcher 2 was balanced with patches because at launch you began gimped and had to train basic talents first so you wouldn't suck. It was also overall clunky, probably in the attempt to make combat slower and more methodical but it didn't work.
>>
How would you guys improve the combat? (I haven't played dark souls or blooddborne)
>>
>>337206806
Expansion stuff was announced, so yes
>>337205943
Like people said, story, characters, quests, and structure is superb. My favorite game since Dishonored, which was well rounded in every regard aswell.

Arkham Knight is remembered not for its visuals, or gameplay, but how fucking awful it is. Side missions are fucking awful, and its designed so you just fly/drive around till you can continue them like the firefighter stuff, the Man-Bat stuff, police. Awful gameplay decisions like the huge focus on the car etc

People know Witcher 3's strengths and don't pretend its mediocre parts are anything but. Its passable, it gets you from quest to quest, dialog/interaction to the next.
>>
>>337205943
AC and the Arkham city are both good games, it only follows that Witcher 3 is also a good game for copying features from also good games.
>>
>>337211435
make I-frames exist in dodge from the get-go: Not after using 5 fucking skill points.
>>
>>337205943
>Can someone explain to me exactly why Witcher 3 is considered a good game?

>Here is my conclusion without any explanation or reasoning
>here is my observation of other people´s opinions
>They don´t gel

You give your own answers and expect others to make sense of them for you?

>>337206531
>Witcher 3 wasn't praised for it's gameplay.
But it was, heavily even, it is just that you seem not to see the dialogue and travelling as just as much gameplay as the combat.
>>
>>337211435
Its not how Geralt plays
Its how awful all the enemies are and how they deal with Geralt

Few enemies in the game can break your blocking. Human enemies especially are very boring and slow, they don't get bombs, no real way for enemies to feasibly kill you. Except auto aim bolts.
Big enemies are really "pirouette left" and they lose. Every single one of them. They also have slow attacks/movement, and not alot of AOE attacks to deal with how fast Geralt moves.
Not alot of impact or umph with hits, so fighting Nekkers and Drowners isn't satisfying and they constantly just dodge backwards and do a quick jump attack. Really boring shit.

Witcher 3 needed less reskinned enemies. HoS did some improvements with boss fights with actual mechanics or interesting abilities/attacks, and the B&W video released has some new rock enemy that has quite a few attacks compared to old enemies and the new Cyclops has a ranged shockwave and more/better AOE attacks.
>>
File: witcher 3.png (1 MB, 1024x677) Image search: [Google]
witcher 3.png
1 MB, 1024x677
>>337205943
>Open world game with hundreds of hours of sidequests and story
>Games dialogue is about the size of 3-4 novels
>Continuation of novels and previous two games.

Witcher 3 has never been about it's combat.
>>
>>337212629
>mgsv
it still hurts
>>
>>337208637
Neither of those are true. Did you play that game before?
>>
>>337213012
Its the reverse of Witcher 3.
Great gameplay
Bad story/characters/structure
>>
Read the damn books, play 1 through 3 then.

The opening cinematic from Witcher 1 is word for word from the first book. It was awesome.
>>
File: witcher 3 autism.png (328 KB, 1583x2043) Image search: [Google]
witcher 3 autism.png
328 KB, 1583x2043
Same guy
>>
>>337213603
fucking kek
>>
Which is the best of the 3?
>>
>>337213603
Well, that explains everything.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.