[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you spent your entire youth playing slow-paced comfy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: 1397778790360.gif (2 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1397778790360.gif
2 MB, 300x200
>tfw you spent your entire youth playing slow-paced comfy games and JRPGs and shit
>Develop an interest in FPS and fighting games in mid 20s
>Have no talent or skill and can't keep up with anyone else

Is there any hope to improve or should I just kill myself because I'll never match those guys that have been playing Quake and SFII since they were 7
>>
>>337196184
Put in the time and study it. Like it's gotta be a job 5,6-10 hours just into playing the game and learning it from videos and reddits and /vg/ threads.
>>
Friendly reminder that Infiltration is an 09er
>>
If you don't enjoy playing FPS and fightan, then what's the fucking point in playing those games?

You're better off learning how to ski or surf if you want to face an actual challenge.
>>
>>337196295
Yeah but he's Korean and genetically superior at video games
>>
>>337196184
No, you can get gud much faster than you'd expect, but it's not advice you'll find on /v/ or /vg/. This place is typically full of high school students and teenage autists who can just brute force any game with hundreds/thousands of hours at their disposal. For starters, pick the game you like the most and improve on one fundamental aspect you suck at. And then move to another weakness from there. I've given you a pretty generic template for becoming a pubstar.
>>
>>337196184
try deadcore it's basically quake training
>>
what games are we talking about?

You need to have around 2000 hours of gameplay in counter-strike to learn the game properly
>>
File: 1346543174021.gif (3 MB, 298x224) Image search: [Google]
1346543174021.gif
3 MB, 298x224
>>337196773
>>
>>337196184
Is that somehow bad?
You played games that were comfy and enjoyable and encouraged you to think before you act but they played a game that was just "muscle memory : the game" with sanic speed reaction that was basically turn off your brain and let your body do the killing
There is no skills in FPS genre just playing long enough to get a good muscle memory
>>
>>337196184
>typical_bitch.gif
>>
>>337197051
>basically turn off your brain and let your body do the killing
You've literally never played Quake.
>>
File: quakefag tries halo.gif (1020 KB, 245x160) Image search: [Google]
quakefag tries halo.gif
1020 KB, 245x160
>grow up in the 90s where FPS games didn't hold your hand with regenerating health or aim assist
>00s rolls around
>shit offers so little challenge that it is no longer fun and the online play is so slow you fall asleep
>>
Just keep practicing and be urself breh
>>
>>337197257
I played my fair share of quake and if you think jumping around like rabbit and shooting with a railgun needs brain you're wrong
>>
File: 1340258494813.jpg (52 KB, 376x419) Image search: [Google]
1340258494813.jpg
52 KB, 376x419
>>337197257
>You've literally never played Quake.

Oh boy, quake aspies are getting upset their favourite game isn't considered anywhere near a strategy game.
>>
With FPS, you have to find your eye's natural sensitivity. What I mean is you sort of want to move your hand as far as your eye thinks you need to move it in order to hit your target. Which means playing around with sensitivity options and things.
There are a lot of good target shooting maps for this out there.
You may also want to consider buying a mouse with more advanced features like DPI switches and things, not because you need on the fly DPI switching but because most people find putting in game sensitivity on it's lowest setting then using the DPI steps on your mouse reduces that software interference in your movements on a really good mouse, which increases that hand eye co-ordination.
Aside from that it's all mechanics and map awareness, something you have to learn on a game by game basis.
>>
>>337197418
>if you think jumping around like rabbit and shooting with a railgun needs brain you're wrong
I don't, but high level play requires more than jumping around like a rabbit and shooting a railgun.
>>337197437
>Oh boy, quake aspies are getting upset their favourite game isn't considered anywhere near a strategy game.
Why would I be upset? Obviously Quake requires quite a bit less consideration than Vicky 2, still a far call from 'turn off your brain'.
>>
FPS games are all about reaction time, and reaction time is a skill that gets rusty if you don't practice it like any other. All you have to do is keep working at it, assuming that you actually want to that is.
>>
>>337198009
To literally turn off your brain, you'd have to be dead anon.
>>
You can get to the top 10% of the playerbase at any age and with no prior experience just by putting in the effort to learn the game a put in a couple hundred hours. To go from the top 10% to top 2% will take much more time, the development of game sense, and maybe some natural gift like fast reflexs (depending on the game). To go from top 2% to "pro gamer" you'll be competing against young teenagers who play the game for 12 hours a day and have teenage reflexs and a whole support of pro teams, so it's pretty impossible if you have an adult life.
>>
Practice is #1 key.
Make sure that your setup is neat as well - don't be fooled into ULTRA PRO GAMER GEAR - but make sure that your network connection is nice, good framerate on your PC, your mouse/controller is good, and you have a monitor with zero latency.
Keep at it and you'll eventually get good, just make sure to try
>>
>>337197263
>2010s
>games have never been slower and easier
>you're in your 30s and still top the scoreboards against kids half your age
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.