[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /v/, am I misinterpreting things or is this just a guitar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: doom-frontcover.jpg (81 KB, 351x500) Image search: [Google]
doom-frontcover.jpg
81 KB, 351x500
So /v/, am I misinterpreting things or is this just a guitar and blood-soaked, shotgun gore-fest with even less plot than Doom 3?
>>
In what way is any of that bad?
>>
Doom and DOOM II had virtually no plot.
>>
>>337193967
I wish it was just that, but instead, it's yet another consolized, modern-style "shooter" with tons of """cinematic""" shit + THREE fucking upgrade systems, which you NEED to use to even survive.
>>
>>337193967
Daily reminder that Doom is saved https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH1HCu0oBQk
>>
>>337194329
>tons of "cinematic" shit

Explain. Don't start about these fucking 20-30 frame finisher moves because there are moves in fucking Street Fighter that last longer than them. Unless you think SS3 is also filled with "cinematic" shit.
>>
>>337194538
today's repeated reminder that it is not:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aAU3W99a04&ab_channel=futurist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDKk2tyDfLg&ab_channel=BeardedGaming

yeah, it's the PS4 version, but a bit faster aiming isn't going to magically make this shit game turn from diarrhea to masterpiece.
>>
>>337193967
>guitar and blood-soaked, shotgun gore-fest

I thought it would be. I know the reason the old Doom games are still alive goes far beyond that, but I still would've enjoyed that, as shallow as it might be. Turns out it's just another shooter.

At least I can always replay Painkiller
>>
File: oh my FUCK.jpg (33 KB, 493x276) Image search: [Google]
oh my FUCK.jpg
33 KB, 493x276
>>337194627
Except glory kills and weapon intros are fucking retarded, and comparing a fighting game to an FPS is even more fucking retarded.

You shills keep getting worse and worse at your job
>>
>>337194627
watch these videos, and see for yourself:>>337194649

Also, in SS3, the melee-finishers were totally optional and only for the show, becoming totally useless the more you played. In D44M, however, they are your MAIN SOURCE OF SUPPLIES. Even the devs stated in last week's stream that besides the item-drops, the invincibility frames during the glory-kill animations also will be an important "tactic" for surviving those enemy wave arenas.

Hope you also like staring your character slowly pick up every item, press every switch, and do other mundane tasks while listening to your mysterious partner over the radio instruct you. And yes, there's also pure cutscenes.
>>
>>337194538
Does this really look like the kind of game that will destroy gaming? It literally looks better than Syndicate, one of the most underrated shooters oif last gen. It'd put this up there with Singularity easily.
>>
>>337195007
>Syndicate
>Singularity
Did anyone ever give two rats ass about those?
I literally had forgotten such titles even existed.

tl;dr: being better than some forgotten shit ain't exactly an achievement.
>>
>>337194173
There was a paper thin plot for both, but a plot nonetheless
>>
File: 1390882033969.gif (197 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1390882033969.gif
197 KB, 500x500
>>337195007
>believing what /v/ says
>>
>>337195220
Wooooow, this is why video games can't be taken seriously.
>>
>>337194649
Why does the movement look even slower than in the multiplayer beta?
>>
It looks good. I like first person shooters so I'm not going to magically object to hyperviolence and active huds.

People didn't like Singularity, they didn't like Syndicate, and they didn't like Serious Sam 3, I don't mind if people don't like DOOM4.
>>
>>337195760

Syndicate was a reboot of a 90's era DOS game that was originally an RTS styled game.

They rebooted it to an FPS and that gained a lot of controversy. There were no fans of the original game that wanted it to be an FPS, and modern gamers have never heard of the original game. So who the hell was that game for?

It slipped into obscurity regardless of its quality because nobody wanted it.
>>
>>337193967
What, Doom 3 had plenty of plot and flavor text. 1 and 2 barely had any plot at all.
>>
>>337196579
DOOM4 is a remodeling of the 1990's classic inspired by the content of the original, designed around the context of the original, it will probably fade into obscurity because nobody wants that.

It doesn't make sense.
>>
>>337196712
It makes perfect sense since it doesn't do do anything better than the previous games apart from graphics
>>
>>337196712

It's remodeled in the way that every company these days remodels things. They modernize it.

It doesn't matter if it's inspired by the originals or "made to be" like the originals if it isn't anything like the originals. The only similarities Doom 4 and the original games have is the name only.

Imagine if the game wasn't actually called Doom, how many people would give a shit about this bland turd? It looks more like Halo than it does Doom.

The originals had heavy resource management to them as well as high lethality. This new game doesn't have a hint of either since you get ammo and health really often, and the projectiles from enemies are brain-dead slow. I assume the harder difficulties will just reduce the health and ammo output from killing enemies too, and that won't make it any better.
>>
>>337197042
I'm telling you that Syndicate failed as a reboot because of other reasons, the game itself is a standalone loveletter to cyberpunk action.

The game had an ost by skrillex, over the top character designs and even less gameplay length to match, there sere several things wrong with Syndicate that spawned the distaste, but a reception from old or new fans wasn't one of them.

I don't care if people dislike the new DOOM because it's not like the original perfectly, people will buy content if it accurately reflects their interests, all I want from the game is a decent survival shooter with tons of gore and horror. I don't think that's a whole lot to ask for.
>>
File: xcom reboot fps.png (272 KB, 700x750) Image search: [Google]
xcom reboot fps.png
272 KB, 700x750
>>337197281
>but a reception from old or new fans wasn't one of them.
...are you for real?
That shit was shocking to EVERYONE, the old fanbase especially! And you are literally shooting yourself to the foot if you use a big, well-known IP's name, and steer off its original design.

Hell, that "we took X from the past, and made it into a modern shooter!" thing even became a short fad of its own back in the days.
Pic very related; luckily, this shit passed, and Xcom got decent successors.
>>
>>337198523
That first XCOM shooter they showed off looked very neat, but what ended as Declassified was trash.
>>
>>337196150
He's using the default FOV
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.