[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder: Fucking really guys? This game is an unrefined
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (53 KB, 256x330) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg
53 KB, 256x330
Daily reminder:
Fucking really guys? This game is an unrefined peice of shit compared to three.

All you nostalgia fags need to calm down and pull out whatever dildo from shoved up your young ass.
>>
It's pretty funny there are people out there that think bosses in 1 are anywhere close to anything in 3
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=II0jN7hkoXY
>>
1 has the best atmosphere, world, and music, making it a more memorable experience
3 refined the combat, but the world suffered for it, making it a less memorable experience.
>>
It's still fun though.
>>
>>337184862
Level design and atmosphere > bosses

Dark Souls 3 had bland areas and it was linear as fuck.
>>
File: 1455816792530.jpg (88 KB, 1000x668) Image search: [Google]
1455816792530.jpg
88 KB, 1000x668
>>337184735
>he jumped on the DS3 bandwagon and skipped the first 2
>>
>>337187834
DS3 has better level design as well

>b-but m-muh interconnectivity
fuck off with this meme
>>
>>337187834
but dark souls 1 was linear as fuck until anor londo, and then it was just 4 separate areas you could visit in parallel
>>
>>337184735
>This game is an unrefined peice of shit compared to three.

it's better than Dark Souls 2
>>
>>337188047
>linear as fuck
>games first boss (not asylum demon) can be 1 of 7 different bosses
>>
>>337188026
I think is a mixed bag. Some areas are excelent (archives, cathedral, irithyll dungeon) while others are just ok.

It does feel like a cohesive world though, unlike DS2, which is a good thing.
>>
>>337188047
>dark souls 1 was linear as fuck until anor londo
KEK

Right from the start you can go to:
-Undead Burg
-New Londo (you can even play all the way through it and drain it)
-Blighttown
-Darkroot via Valley of Drakes
-Undead Parish via Darkroot through the Titanite Demon room
-Catacombs (can go through all of Tomb of Giants too until you hit the orange light barrier)
>>
I greatly preferred the bosses of DeS and DaS over the self away 'prepare to die' bosses of BB, DaS2&3. The only bosses I even really remember from 3 are Pontiff (the beginning of the end in terms of boss quality) and Wolnir for trying something different (and having one of the best boss intros of the entire Souls series). Thematics>memery. The difficulty of DeS was a byproduct of the game, not the focus. DaS with the 'omg its so hard' marketing was the beginning of the end.

BB gets a partial pass for trying something different and giving the player mechanics to deal with and punish highly aggressive hard hitting bosses whereas DaS3 is just watching them do their cool anime moves while rolling and then hitting them once or twice.

DeS=DaS=BB>DaS3=DaS2.
>>
>>337189143
You don't at least think 3 is better than 2? It's alot more cohesive, if nothing else
>>
>>337189401
I still havent bothered to beat 2. Adaptability is such bullshit it ruins all of my builds.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.