[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SoulCalibur V
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Why did this game not take off more competitively? In a recent SC thread there were some anons saying people in the thread didn't know what they were talking about as to why SC isn't more successful, but they also provided no actual argument.

I would genuinely like to know. I've been playing the game again after a years and I'm having a blast online just like how I remembered it to be.
>>
>>337176658
>Why did this game not take off more competitively?
But anon, when it was released and evo had a tournament, it was one of the most best tournaments of the year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmFa6nIhbjk
>>
>>337177458
I agree. So why did it disappear off the face of the earth after that? It was a great tournament and people seemed really excited to finally be able to fully enjoy a SC game competitively again.
>>
>>337176658
>why did the game not take off competitively?

You don't live in Europe, I guess. Soul and Tekken are our biggest fighters.
>>
>>337177767
>So why did it disappear off the face of the earth after that?
I can't answer this. It's a mystery to me.
>>
>>337177928
Man hearing stuff like this always makes me bummed out how shitty the fighting game scene is in America. If it's not made by Capcom, it goes straight into the trash here.

It's sad when fucking MKX has a bigger competitive scene in America than Xrd, SC, Melty, BB, VF, Tekken, and KoF combined.
>>
>>337176658
>>337177767
I think it has to do with Burgerstan and Nipland being more drawn towards flashy anime fighters.
>>
>>337176658
>Why did this game not take off more competitively?
Namco straight came out said they only had cash to support the game through three patches.
The patches came out and the support dropped.

It's kind of a shame seeing the slow decline of the franchise after how big it was with 2. Now that Namco fighting game has it's hands full with Tekken 7 and Pokken I doubt Sc will get a sequel anytime soon.
>>
>>337179158
Since when did balance patches actually matter though? The game wasn't broken. Viola didn't win all the tournaments she was played at.
>>
>>337177928
15 years ago maybe.
>>
Fuck. There used to at least be a vocal crowd of people wanting SCVI, but now even they have moved on. RIP.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.