[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will it be any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
File: nms.jpg (42 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
nms.jpg
42 KB, 460x215
Will it be any good?
>>
File: 1436413677400.gif (3 MB, 366x243) Image search: [Google]
1436413677400.gif
3 MB, 366x243
>>337174946
I'm unsure. My biggest fear with the game is that procedural generated content will appear very bland, empty, or repetitious. I know they keep saying how big the game is but I really can't imagine that every single planet is *that* unique.
>>
>>337174946
has any game ever lived up to the hype?
Correct answer is : No
>>
>>337174946
I would totally buy it for $15, not $60
>>
You can get the same experience with Noctis IV for free.

http://anynowhere.com/bb/posts.php?t=409

You're welcome
>>
>>337175304
>I'm unsure. My biggest fear with the game is that procedural generated content will appear very bland, empty, or repetitious. I know they keep saying how big the game is but I really can't imagine that every single planet is *that* unique.
It's not all totally random, they've designed it so there are desert planets, sea planets, lush planets, acid rain planets, freezing planets, totally weird planets, etc.

>>337175446
True, 2bh people should just stop with fucking hype and talk about facts

>>337176169
>paying for a game
wew lad
>>
>>337174946
does it have online co op?
>>
Depends on what you like in games. If you can't stand minecraft or you can't find fun in space engine you probably won't like it.

>>337177286
No.
>>
I hope so, I'd enjoy a good exploration game
>>
>>337177662
I like exploring too but I also like doing things, or at least having the option to do things
>>
if it were realistic and i had to fly to thousands of gas planets and frozen rocks to find one planet with life, it will be good

if every planet is generated life, fuck that will get old fast
>>
>>337177286
>>337177575
It doesn't have online co-op no.

But everyone is playing in the same galaxy (initially). So if you're connected to the game servers you can run into other people (although it's EXTREMELY unlikely because the game is so huge. In fact it's basically impossible to happen to by chance.)
>>
File: Jafar.png (377 KB, 1258x769) Image search: [Google]
Jafar.png
377 KB, 1258x769
>>337174946
no
>>
>>337177974
It's not clear yet.

He has mentioned in the past that in demo's he's increased the amount of life and habitable planets for the sake of making sure he doesn't run into a barren rock...

...but we've also seen planets with -80 degree atmoshere's with normal trees and life, so eh?
>>
>>337174946
here's to doubting it.
>>
>>337177820
You mean like mining resources, upgrading your guns, your suit so you can visit new inhospitable planets, your ship so you can travel further? You mean learning about the different alien races and factions of the galaxy? Races that you trade with, races that you by ships from, races that you can also attack (if you want) for more resources? You mean discovering the ancient runes of these races, which teach you their language and history, and explain certain phenomena in the game such as the existence of portals which transport you across the galaxy from one planet to another?

Those sorts of things?

>>337177974
They have said that few planets will have life. I think Sean Murray said about 10% will have life. And then 10% of those will have lifeforms more advanced than just plants and trees.

There aren't gas planets though because they wanted you to be able to land on every planet.
>>
>>337177974

Early on they said most planets you find would be devoid of life
>>
>>337176962

If every planet was unique you wouldn't be able to divide them up into desert planets, sea planets, etc.

Checkmate.
>>
>>337178756
How is that possible from a technicial aspect?
>>
>>337179470
Hey look its that faggot marketer from earlier who claims other people playing a game but not veing able to interact with each others worlds is multiplayer. Fuck off.
>>
>>337180201
None of the planets exist until you approach them, at which point they are generated and I assume data banked. So yea, there are trillions of planets, but most of them aren't written yet. At least, that's what I gathered from an interview I saw, could be full of shit.
>>
>>337180413

Hey look it's the paranoid guy that thinks everyone is a marketer

Those false-flag threads people made to fuck with /v/ really took a toll on you didn't they?
>>
>>337180201
Its not the dev already said there is no coop there is a some dumbass fanboy trying to shill the game for like 5 threads hes been disproven repetitively. Heres a vid https://youtu.be/1ORFgfhj_hM start around the 2:40 second mark. They literally have to ask him twice before he admits it.
>>
>>337180047
Every planet is unique because every planet has a unique seed number. This seed number gets fed into the algorithms that determine that planet's lifeforms, its name, its size, etc etc.

But the different types of environments, like sea, desert, acid rain, freezing temperature, had to be programmed in.

Every desert planet for example will have different lifeforms and be a different size and shit. Anyway I don't know why I'm taking this obvious fucking bait.

>>337180201
He said this in 2014 about it:
>What we can do is, like many games that you have at the moment, where you are flying around with an open lobby. People are coming into that lobby and leaving it – like if you play Watch Dogs or something like that. Effectively, we have players joining your discrete space. We're not trying to make an MMO where you can play with literally 60,000 people on screen.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/12/10/stop-thinking-of-no-man-s-sky-as-a-multiplayer-game.aspx

>>337180413
God your tears are so fucking delicious

Mmmmmmm.... yum yum yum. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhlurp. Delicious.
>>
>>337174946
Yes it will be a really cool original game, but /v/ is still going to scream about how shit it is.
>>
oh boy, i'm ready to another thread full of people replying with "SHILL" to everyone, and the same amount of shitposters false-flagging to those retards to make them believe they are actually shills
>>
>>337176962
Nigger thief detected
>>
>>337181240

No Man's Sky threads have to be the easiest thing to make people start freaking out
>>
>>337180839
>paranoid
See
>>337181171
This guy is so full of shit you cant tell me hes shilling. He quotes half truths and states them as fact. He uses old misinformation to appeal to peoples wants like the most obvious scam artist ever.
>>
>>337180839
P-people don't actually think the false flag threads are shills or people who actually like the game, right?

It's just shitposting about shitposting about shitposting, r-right?
>>
>>337181524
Hes not shilling* my bad
>>
File: 5 billion planets.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
5 billion planets.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
>>337174946
Probably not, we've seen little in the way of actual varied gameplay. Casuals are hyping the game to hell and back so it'll be a success regardless.
>>
>>337181524
>half truths
Mate they are words FROM THE DEVELOPERS MOUTH

Whether they are true or not I have no fucking idea, maybe he's lying to all of us and there is no game after all?
>>
Procedural generation DOES NOT WORK. Everyone knows what algorithms and magic bullshit mean. They just spit out an endless series of barely different results, based of a handful of archetypes. True for Borderlands, and will be true for this game.
>>
>>337181652
From what I've heard, the game is actually amazing on a technical level.

Unfortunately, the marketing team dropped the ball so hard it tunneled through the Earth's core and decapitated an older gentlemen in Beijing.

I'm going to drop the 60$ for it on day 1, and if it turns out to be shit I'll post a thread about it within the week.

If you're on the fence about it, just wait a bit after its release and keep checking /v/ once we have some actual evidence as to whether the game is fun or not
>>
File: 1458872909107.jpg (61 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1458872909107.jpg
61 KB, 700x700
No multi co-op. Will pirate. I'll buy it whenever, if ever, they add a cooperative experience. Not even a peer-to-peer co-op option is lame as fuck.
>>
>>337181920
Lol holy shit you only hear the truth you want to
>>
>>337181652
He's deliberately hiding a lot of the game because he doesn't want to spoil it, how is this concept difficult to understand?

Besides he's shown lots of different types of planets, the best video to watch is this one, which is five planets in just ONE star system: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTRi2aEJrgQ
>>
>>337182290
There is nothing to spoil and they are desperately trying to shit out as much information as possible. Fuck you anon.
>>
>>337180839
The majority of these threads have been same fags shilling it. This one seems semi decent as people are actually responding to each other.
>>
>>337182243
I believe what the guy says because I doubt he would just lie and then be found out and face a backlash.

Unlike you who continued to maintain that you can't run into other players in this game, despite every single fucking explanation from Sean Murray saying that you can, but that it's unlikely.

>>337182183
Depends how well the algorithms are written.

>>337182404
Yes you're right anon it's all a big pack of lies and they will steal your money and it will all be a hoax, there will be just one solar system with just five different planets! Hahahaha take that gullible customers! Sony FTW, SWAG 420 YOLO
>>
>>337178756
>you can run into other people
here's your (You)
>>
>>337182228

The main guy Sean has talked about wanting to maybe do a more conventional multiplayer down the line in an update to the game after it releases, so it's definitely not an assured thing
>>
>>337182861
But you can

Just because it's astronomically unlikely, especially at the beginning of the game, doesn't mean they haven't programmed it into the game
>>
>>337182802

Do you honestly think the threads that had nearly the exact same text with the exact same OP pick posted daily were shilling the game?

Come on man, use some critical thinking skills and realize where you are
>>
>>337183242
if that were at all true, there will quickly become grief areas that people like to accumulate, ruining the game for everyone else
>>
>>337183980
https://youtu.be/1ORFgfhj_hM 2:40 its all not true. Dev says no form of multiplayer is supported and this is more recent than the on paper interview in 2014
>>
>>337177974
its 1/10 in every solar system
>>
not for that price nigga
if it were $30 I'd buy it
>>
>>337182228
this exactly desu senpai
>>
>>337185768

I was really hoping for a $40 price tag, but I have a feeling Sony pushed them to go for the $60 tag so they could sell it in stores easily
>>
>>337184202
There's no dedicated multiplayer system but he doesn't say they have removed the fact that you will be able to run into people in the game. He just downplays it because he doesn't want people to focus on that. Because multiplayer is not the point of the game.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.