[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>stealth game >group of enemies >one walks away into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: splinter-cell-chaos-theory.jpg (730 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
splinter-cell-chaos-theory.jpg
730 KB, 1200x675
>stealth game
>group of enemies
>one walks away into the darkness a bit
>sneak up on them
>lethal attack: stabbing or slashing, lots of gurgling or a yelp and the sound of a body hitting the floor
>"silent takedown"
Were Splinter Cell the only games that didn't do this? Especially in Chaos Theory where a knife attack caused noise and unless you were in a noisy area everyone near you would hear.
>>
>>337168773
I don't know how realistic it is but I feel like non-lethal attacks should be noisier/lengthier than lethal attacks.

Human Revolution did the opposite, where the non-lethal takedown was completely silent and the lethal one alerted everyone around you. They weren't going to get up again anyway unless someone found them. There was really hardly any reason ever to use the lethal takedown. Playing non-lethally felt less like a moral choice and more like the objectively superior playstyle.
>>
File: 1436362442297.png (14 KB, 588x458) Image search: [Google]
1436362442297.png
14 KB, 588x458
splinter cell was always shit. It's a gimmicky stealth game and nothing more.
>>
>>337169097
if the bodies were discovered, those guards could be reactivated. that is the tradeoff and there would be literally no disadvantage to playing lethal if it was silent
>>
>>337169381
The disadvantage is you killed someone. Can you live with that?
>>
>>337169530
yes because it is a video game and i am not a faggot
>>
>>337169097
I never understand how lethal alerted everyone in an isolate area while non-lethal was clearly noisy but no one heard a thing
>>
>>337169315
you took the time to draw this and then you posted this shitty bait ? holy shit
>>
>>337169097
Dishonored did this well.
Lethal=quick stab to the neck
Non-lethal=chockehold for a few seconds
>>
>>337170176
Which ubisoft office do you work at bro
>>
>>337169315
image made me kek. good memories though.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.