[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Straight Swords are Bullshit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6
File: dank_sword.png (16 KB, 188x269) Image search: [Google]
dank_sword.png
16 KB, 188x269
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNCDcrHMVtk

Defend this shit. You fucking can't. Who the hell let this get past QA?
>>
There is literally no reason to use anything except a straight sword.
>>
What the fuck, From.
>>
Does nobody care about this? Fuck poise, these are the things that need to be changed to fix the balancing in this game.

If you're too dense to figure it out, a regular straight sword has a longer reach than a greatsword despite being half the length. How is that ok?
>>
>>337155985
Nothing can be done about it since FROM doesn't seem to give a shit no matter how loud we yell, same with poise being fucked in the ass.

What really pisses me off is they nerfed FUGS into the ground yet BKGA, DSGA, all SS and Estoc are allowed to run rampart, even though you had to invest alot of vit just to run FUGS
>>
>>337156212
>how loud we yell
the only thing you do is crying and bitching about it on /v/. Do you really expect anyone to give a shit?
>>
git gud :)
>>
>shockwaves
>>
>>337156369
>Implying I'm just talking about /v/
People bitch constantly everywhere about this shit, you think they nerfed FUGS just because they felt like it?
>>
>>337156714
i laughed

but yeah noticed this as well with an invader in catacombs while i was helping someone out. i thought for sure i was in safe range but kept getting hit by his straight sword. never noticed it before that invasion, jesus christ
>>
>>337155069
poise would fix this
>>
It's like that gif of yoshi and Marth's grab ranges
>>
>>337155069
That can't be intentional. Did someone put the wrong value in for striking distance?
>>
>>337157264
Is this a new meme?
>>
If they flipped the poise switch you could plow through a faggot spamming r1
>>
>>337157662
You can with Perseverance
>>
>>337157662
Whoops he poised through all your hits and out-DPS'd you because his weapon does more DPS than yours and you died. Nice job retard.
>>
>>337157662
You realize both players would have poise right? The R1 spammer would be able to take a hit or two and keep spamming because lolpoise. They'd also need less VIT to use heavy armor since their weapon would be lighter.

Good job you fixed absolutely nothing.
>>
>>337158192
This. Or with that one pyromancy skill that makes you resist everything.
>>
>>337157576
not a meme poise would render that attack moot
>>
>>337155069

Yeah, Straight Swords have retarded range in PvP for some weird reason.
>>
>>337155069
holy fuck, I knew something was up.
>>
File: 1448825446974.gif (4 MB, 298x335) Image search: [Google]
1448825446974.gif
4 MB, 298x335
>>337156714
>>
>>337158192
Nah, the activation time on perseverance is too long and the break point for what staggers you is often lower than what's needed to take 2 hits, just so you can maybe get 1. And that's if they don't simply hit once while you're doing it and roll away, which they can easily do because it pings their attack off if it's fully blocked.

The only way to deal with R1 mashing is to spam parry during it. If they do a third hit, just by mashing parry you will more or less guarantee landing it, and get a riposte.
>>
>>337158619

Absolutely retarded.
>>
>>337155069
>blaming your brazillian internet on FROM

Fuck right off.
>>
>>337155307

Well, there's always just picking whichever weapon you think is coolest, but I DID briefly give up and switch my Wolf Knight's Greatsword to the longsword in one segment in Ithryll Valley. There were like, 6 fucking dogs and some spellcasters. And the dogs are so fucking fast, holy shit.
>>
>>337158290
Let's him take a hit or two of a FUGS
>>
>>337159627
He only needs one, just like DS1.
>poise through one hit
>backstab
>>
>Use a shitty shitty shitty sharp great scythe on my first playthrough
>Everything is hard as fuck
>Dancer took me 8 or so tries
>Use bleed build on my second playthrough
>Dancer literally just stands there and lets me fuck her butt

It wasn't even new game+, dual wield is shit against normal enemies but it fucking destroys bosses. Fuck Great Scythe.
>>
>>337155069
ive been having the same problem in pvp i though it was lag but i guess its not. time to drop the exile greatsword.
>>
>>337159784
>use a hollow grave warden twinblade in PvP
>running out of FP doesn't matter because spin slash still bleeds people if it lands
>>
Bitches can't handle my Exile Greatsword
>>
>>337159870
>time to drop the best weapon in the game
>>
>>337159885
It's really fun. I was originally going to use the Drang Hammers for this playthrough and I was enjoying them, but then I respecced once I got the profane coal and holy shit, so glad I did. They're really fun.
>>
looks like its your shitternets fault to me.
>>
>>337160235
Because you definitely have complete control over who you can PvP against, right? I can totally avoid Russians and Brazilians with a shit connection at will.

Thanks for the advice, retard.
>>
Seriously who fucking cares now? PvP is such a joke. Every just parry fishes the entire time unless you're doing invades which are actually fun when you don't run into gank squads.
>>
>>337159024
>Unironically thinking From netcode even with good internet isn't mediocre as fucking hell

You really have no standards. Even when it works at best its okay.
>>
>>337160764
Again, you're assuming everyone else has your shitty BR online experience. I don't have these problems because I don't live in the third world.
>>
How to beat straight swords

>equip Buckler
>spam L2
>pssh nothin personnel kid
>>
>Straight sword longer than greatsword
>Estoc longer than spears

When was it when you realized "A" team is worse than B team because at least B team had the excuse of inexperience.
>>
>>337160621
>get invaded by an aldritch faithful
>they keep trying to parry my 2h greataxe r1's
How do you get to that point in the game ignorant of such an important mechanic? Do people just not use great weapons in pvp?
In any case I enjoy spamming parry like 8 times over their corpse when I smash them into oblivion.
>>
>>337160968
Just because your connection is good doesn't mean your opponents is. I have Google fiber and still occasionally get poked from 40 yards away.
>>
>Invading to get some extra souls
>It's just the host and one phantom
>They start attacking
>Manage to take out phantom
>Heal up real quick then kill host
>Get a message saying I'm an asshole for not being honorable by healing
Is this a joke or what? Are people really crying about honor during a fucking invasion?
>>
>>337161215
Greataxe is so dope. I use it with a lothric knight shield and it feels very w40k.
>>
>>337157662
You should be able to just outrange them with longer swords, but no.
>>
>>337161518
It's a solid weapon. Only downside is the short range. I'm doing a Str/Fth build right now so I usually buff it up with Lightning Weapon
>>
>>337161510
He's just butt hurt, anon. Don't worry

>Using 2h Executioners Greatsword (favourite weapon)
>Invade as an Aldritch
>Host has phantom with him
>Don't block or parry, just dodge roll
>Both host and phantom are running away and healing whenever they get hit
>Manage to kill phantom
>Manage to kill host
>0 estus used
>Get message saying I'm bad and had to resort to using a broken weapon
>>
straight swords don't need to be nerfed, ugs just need to be buffed. SS's are so powerful because they still do 70% of the damage of an ugs while swinging twice as fast andconsuming less stamina.
>>
Every weapon in the game at least combos for two hits, after which you can block, roll, or parry. Straight Sword users tend to mash R1 and go for the third hit, it's the easiest thing in the world to parry. Hyper armor on heavy weapons also makes it hard for them, you just have to learn to bait and punish a straight sword user.

Dark Sword can go fuck itself though, does way too much damage.
>>
May as well ask here

How is the Carthus Curved Greatsword for a Dex build?
>>
>>337161510
Some people are desperate to push the blame of their losses onto other people or things in order to not feel bad. If you are fighting against more than more person at a time then all bets are off. Heal up, run into packs of mobs, use the environment and all that shit if you want to.
>>
>>337163776
This

As an invader you gotta use mobs to your advantage. None of this "honor" shit in invasions, if you want duels use the soap sign.
>>
>>337158212
This thread is assuming that you're using something like a GS/UGS against a straight sword. If they turned poise on, I would hope that they wouldn't be able to poise through your attacks so easily. Then again...
>>
>>337164053
>This thread is assuming that you're using something like a GS/UGS against a straight sword.

Well 99% of duels and invasions are like that atm because everyone uses straight swords because they are imbalanced.
>>
What a crock of shit
>>
>>337155069
But this is not the same against monsters, I've tested the broadsword and the longsword range and that's why I prefer the later, maybe it's just this one sword or some online component?
>>
>>337164241
Well if they changed to longer weapons with increased stagger, this issue would be a moot point.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1462913901685.jpg (47 KB, 535x608) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1462913901685.jpg
47 KB, 535x608
>>
>>337155069
>comparing hitboxes online in the series known for having a shit netcode
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
>>
File: 1457066706587.png (142 KB, 278x245) Image search: [Google]
1457066706587.png
142 KB, 278x245
>>337166208
>it's okay when A-Team does it!
>>
>>337155069
OP, is that a pic of the dark blade? What sword is that?
>>
File: 1460458298996.png (326 KB, 3388x3638) Image search: [Google]
1460458298996.png
326 KB, 3388x3638
>>337166208
>stood still for 3 seconds
>R1
>the sword transformed into a spear for no reason
yea it's totally the netcode
>>
File: oh.jpg (14 KB, 218x205) Image search: [Google]
oh.jpg
14 KB, 218x205
>>337166208
>purposefully stand in designated spots and wait for a few seconds before hitting eachother
>"lamo ids the netcoed guis xd"

are you fucking stupid
>>
>>337157662
YOU COULD TRY PARRY YOU DUMB FAGGOT WHEN YOU KNOW WHAT HE IS GOING TO FUCKING USE

WHEN I SEE DARKSWORD, PREPARE TO GET STABBED IN THE FUCKING CHEST

git fucking gud
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.