[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the worst case of censorship in a game for no reason?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 72
File: sanjilolli.jpg (55 KB, 640x240) Image search: [Google]
sanjilolli.jpg
55 KB, 640x240
What is the worst case of censorship in a game for no reason?
>>
>>337148804
Sanji looks better with the sucker in my opinion
The cig makes him look edgy
>>
>Playing on consoles
>>
>>337148962
>cigarettes make you look edgy
Are you 12?
>>
There is nothing wrong with making alterations to avoid a Mature or Adult rating. A company wants to target as many people as possible.
>>
>>337148804
Who cares about it? No one that matters thats who
>>
There's a game coming out/came out recently and the censored the protagonists braided hair.

Just completely removed it from the game in america.
>>
>>337149115
>Smoking is cool :D
>>
>>
>>337149526
Not him, but it does add a flaw to character.
You know, so you could relate to him.
>>
>>337149506
That was Gunvolt but they did give him back his braid. The shirt change was still in though if i'm not mistaken.
>>
>>337148804
Who cares really, who the fuck cares, i played the censored OoT, i played the censored RE1, i played the censored Crash 2

Who the fuck cares, you only start caring about this shit when you become a manchild with nothing better to do
>>
>>337149159
How about alterations to avoid T rating?
>>
File: Urr4axg[1].png (733 KB, 940x554) Image search: [Google]
Urr4axg[1].png
733 KB, 940x554
>>337149506
Gunvolt, they literally censored his hair braid.

Side note
>This much needless ironic shitposting
>>
>>337149693
>Who the fuck cares,
You do, since you took the time to respond. Now fuck off, you autist.
>>
>>337148804
Fatal Frame V since they thought adding Zero Suit Samus skinsuit was somehow less fapbait than a swimsuit that the grown adult character uses in a photo shoot

didn't lower the rating either
>>
NISA removing the lewd scenes from otaku games they're brining over is pretty stupid. No normal person is going to play Criminal Girls, who are they kidding by getting rid of one of the main draws for the audience?
>>
>>337149828
Is this really a case of censorship? The braid and crop top is way more associated with femininity in the west. It's more localization than anything.
>>
>>337149526
He's a moody fucker who has some mental issues due to lack of desensitization with women.

I think the man could definitely be a smoker.
>>
>>337150105
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you actually asking if covering a character up more and removing aspects of their design is actually censorship or not.

With that in mind.

Yes it is really censorship.
>>
>>337149864
>WAHHH THEY TOOK AWAY SOMETHING THAT WAS COMPLETELY UNRELATED TO THE GAMEPLAY

end thyself, if it doesn't affect the game then why bother? the game belongs TO THE FUCKING DEVELOPERS

If they want to censor bits because they want to cater to a broader audience that their fucking problem as long as they don't butcher the game and even then, it's their game and their right to do anything they fucking want with it

Don't like it? don't buy it, but don't bitch like you are going to change their minds

i support good games, not marketing strategies of "taking an ass shot away while i have these other 900 ass shots" nor i'm a supporter of "the game got completely butchered by taking away this alterternate costume that makes my dick hard"
>>
>>337149526

He's from Japan, where yes it is still seen as cool and something a real man does.
>>
>>337150294
That post had nothing to do with any of that. Why don't you calm down and have a drink of water.
>>
>>337149159
It was done awkwardly here. Poison suction cups was just wierd
>>
>>337150273
No, he's right. It's not censorship. They're not censoring something because they disagree with it, it's a fucking hair braid.

They looked at the character and said "Fuck, only gays have hair braids here. Nobody is going to play as a fag. Lets just crop that shit out." It's literally just a localization. Pointless, but nothing bordering on censorship.
>>
>>337150273
Censorship to most though refers to changing something for moral/religious/ect reasons.

To me the design looks more relate-able to masculine sensibilities.

I know you're going to try to pass of what I'm saying is shitposting, but honestly the US design is more simplified and aesthetically pleasing to me, and I know I'm probably not the only one who feels that way.
>>
>Tokyo Mirage Concert
>Up the characters ages to 18 so you won't have 17 year olds in bikini
>Still change the bikini in story scenes to hip-hop clothes, removing the point about Tsubasa changing into them to prove that she can be gravure idol
>Remove bikini pictures from a dungeon that's supposed to be about sleazy photographer, replace them with regular pics
>Cover breasts of a boss with black smoke (only in the cut-scene though!)
I seriously have no idea what the localization team is doing.
>>
>>337150294

It's all good bro, it's just somebody's opinion
>>
>>337149818

Not him but pointless, T is the biggest and most profitable market.
>>
>>337149526
but it is and you know it
>>
File: 1358744507596.jpg (159 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1358744507596.jpg
159 KB, 1280x960
>>337150294
>the game belongs TO THE FUCKING DEVELOPERS
i agree
as opposed to the publishers / localizers

what were you aiming for with this unsolicited rant of pure kneejerk autism?
>>
>>337150503
>>337150564
>it's not censorship if i'm okay with it.

That's all you are saying here. They removed something from the design because they thought it would be unappealing to the new audience. That is censorship. Furthermore, it's an act of complete senseless censorship for ACTUALLY little to no reason. Which was what the OP asked.
>>
As much as I dislike censorship, a company has the right to artistically do whatever they wish with their product. If you disagree with that then you're basically saying the creator isn't entitled to creative freedom with their work.

That being said, a third party causing censorship is something else entirely.
>>
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jjphanrGEKQ
>>
#FE or whatever pulled a 4kids tier censorship with a boss' tits. Wish I saved the webm.
>>
File: 1452891372114.gif (737 KB, 200x250) Image search: [Google]
1452891372114.gif
737 KB, 200x250
>>337148804
How'd they make that work?

The side from which you suck on the lollipop is not the same side from which you smoke the cigarette on that image.

I've never watched One Piece.
>>
Removing the swimsuits in Fatal Frame 5.
The game is already rated M. Why remove swimsuits from a fucking M rated game?
>>
>>337150834
Ok well it's obvious you just ignored what I said, but I'll still respect you and read your post.

>They removed something from the design because they thought it would be unappealing to the new audience
> it's an act of complete senseless censorship for ACTUALLY little to no reason

And you contradicted yourself and look like a jackass now.

Great job.
>>
test
>>
>>337150608
Promotional material for the MURICA version.
It's funny because all the things they "removed' are actually still there in the game. Just hidden behind menus now so knee jerk christian mothers don't know that their little Billy's Mario games don't have them ass and tiddies.

Literally everything you complain about, you cannot complain about if you are from America. Where gore and giblets are good show, but cleavage corrupts the minors.
>>
File: 1441553998438.jpg (39 KB, 500x590) Image search: [Google]
1441553998438.jpg
39 KB, 500x590
>>337148962

He's a chef. Find me a non celeb who's been in the business for more then 5 years and has lungs that aren't more tar then flesh
>>
>>337150294
>the game belongs TO THE FUCKING DEVELOPERS
Developers, not localizers. Other than Super Mario Bros 2, I don't recall any time when game that was altered for foreign release getting released back in original country, which goes to show that usually developers don't consider the changes to be for better.
>don't bitch like you are going to change their minds
Why? People complaining has had effect, such as recent Steam release of Final Fantasy XIII which got Japanese voices added. Why should people just be quiet and not let companies know when they are not pleased with their decisions?
>i support good games, not marketing strategies of "taking an ass shot away while i have these other 900 ass shots"
Who says that good games and butt-shots can not exist together?
>>
>>337150610
It's one of the cancers that kills gaming, all these "WE GOTTA FITE CENSURSHIP GUISE", only harm games and the developers end up either making less of THAT content that was censored or they start "self-censoring" in order to raise awareness

The best way to fight censorship is not giving a fuck about it, because then you can say "See? No one cares about your claims, you SJW faggot" but instead people go apeshit and they play right into the moral guardians' hands making them go "See? If we take it away, then the gamers become angry! That proves they only care about this stuff"

>>337150748
Publishers/Localizers can do whatever the fuck they want with the product they were in charge of localizing or publish, and even then, how often do you hear them fuck up?

They work for the same company (or they were hired) that made the game, that gives them the right, again; don't like it? Don't buy it

>>337150834
Censorship or not, you have absolutely NO SAY OR RIGHT in the localization or making of a game, who are you to claim what was censored and what was just a design choice? Are you the developer? Then shut up and let them do with their product whatever they want

Entitled gamers thinking they know better than the devs are cancer
>>
what is worse.
censorship of jap franchises
or
localization of jap franchises:
https://youtu.be/e8um1N78AhY
>>
>>337149828

The braid looks retarded. Midriff on the hand is the real crime here
>>
>>337151156
>Other than Super Mario Bros 2, I don't recall any time when game that was altered for foreign release getting released back in original country

Squaresoft with Xenogears.
>>
>>337151276

Shit like Robotech isn't censorship, but I hate it purely because of entirely different reasona as to why they do it.
>>
>>337151126
Thankfully I'm from Europe!
...or not. Fucking region lock, fucking release schedules, fucking games being fucked over for American audiences and not getting fixed over here.
At least it's better than SNES-era with magazines wondering if anybody would bother to bring the hot new translated game to backwater country.
>>
>>337150834
This is obviously and ultimately wrong. You are on the right track but are missing levels upon levels of where the censorship is, and who decides it.

The artists draw and create the designs.

The directors approve the designs into the game.

The studio owners decide what games get released.

The publishers decide where they will publish.

THEN The publishers pay censors to work over the game and remove aspects they don't want to be associated with them.

The publishers should have no creative freedom with the properties they publish, they should either want to publish the game as it is or not at all. And if they dont want to publish it at all, that's fine, but don't take a game, completely remove all its selling points, then sit on the "Rights" to the game so nobody else can sell it either.

But beyond that, where do you say the rights begin? If the director approves something and the studio owners say it must be changed because of fan reaction, was that censorship?

What if the director decides to force artists to change their design?
Was that censorship of the artist?

This is a much more complex issue then you are thinking of.
>>
>>337151143
me, i've only smoked once, it was disgusting
>>
>>337148962
you're the sucker
>>
>>337150993
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RFNpm0SeEI
>>
>>337150834
I'm not saying I'm okay with it. But you literally don't know the definition of censorship. This type of thing is done all the time in books and movies, and as long as it never changes the tone or moral of the story it's usually fine. It's just making a character more palatable to the target audience.

For example, say I write a book about a character who smokes as a bad habit and the book is getting translated into Chinese. Well say the Chinese don't consider smoking a bad habit, they consider it completely normal. They would have to give him a different, more Chinese bad habit to make the character more palatable to the Chinese worldview.

I think it's pointless because the people who buy these games don't really give a shit and are almost always into the 'Jap Uniqueness' they import to us culturally.
>>
File: 1420417861259.jpg (19 KB, 479x335) Image search: [Google]
1420417861259.jpg
19 KB, 479x335
>>337151515
#FE is already out in fucking Yuropoor.
Fucking why does Nintendo always release JRPGs there first? Literally every other company ignores your shit.

I live in Canada btw. Where violence is a no no, but sexual freedom runs rampant. My city has the highest per captia number of people with STIs in North America
>>
>>337151143
This, all the chefs I've worked with smoked liked chimneys after rushes. Being a chef is stressful as fuck.
>>
>>337151276

That looks like a quality japanimation, I don't know what you're on about.
>>
>>337151309
Even in Japan they altered the game before its release. The final boss was originally going to be YHVH, but Square went "WOAAAAAAAAAAAAH NOW, you can't just do that". So they changed it to Yabeh (a combination of Yahweh and yabai, the japanese word for bad/dangerous). In the US it was further changed to Deus.
>>
>>337151487
>Shit like Robotech isn't censorship
May as well be considering how Harmony Gold acts
>>
>>337151276
>SD Gundams
top kek
>>
File: 1462418149200.jpg (141 KB, 1024x489) Image search: [Google]
1462418149200.jpg
141 KB, 1024x489
https://youtu.be/NZ7au7UweSw
>>
>>337149828
I was under the impression that the hair braid was significant to the end of the first game, and the ultimate fate of Joule.
>>
>>337150273
Its not censorship becaues nobody is going "we can't let those westerners see braid and midriff, they are gonna flip" they are going "we need to communicate this characters masculinity to a western audience and these visual cues are not helping" If that's censorship then translation is censorship.
>>
File: 1462404884204.jpg (44 KB, 496x520) Image search: [Google]
1462404884204.jpg
44 KB, 496x520
>>337150416
>Japan
>Real man
>>
>>337151804
Yeah we could've gotten SRW @1 in the west if it wasn't for Harmony Gold
>>
File: 1429028489494.jpg (56 KB, 800x517) Image search: [Google]
1429028489494.jpg
56 KB, 800x517
>>337151617
>0:51
>>
>>337148804
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-spFztepYY
>>
>>337151531
>The publishers should have no creative freedom with the properties they publish, they should either want to publish the game as it is or not at all. And if they dont want to publish it at all, that's fine, but don't take a game, completely remove all its selling points, then sit on the "Rights" to the game so nobody else can sell it either.

What selling points besides gameplay could you need? The publishers have the right to do whatever the fuck they want because they work for the company that made the game

I'm pretty sure someone has to give a final "OK, release it!" even after the publisher did their wonders
>>
File: pokemon censor5.jpg (117 KB, 874x480) Image search: [Google]
pokemon censor5.jpg
117 KB, 874x480
>>
>>337151180
>Being anti-censorship leads to more censorship
>The best way to fight censorship is not giving a fuck about it,

Neither of these ever worked like you want to pretend they do.
>>
>Removing two (of hundreds) pantyshots? Censorship.
>Redressing a male character by covering more skin? Localization!
/v/, shockingly, is full of hypocrites who only care about censorship when it cockblocks them. If Gunvolt starred a girl with the exact same design, Inti-Creates would be accused of being SJW reactionary transkin for daring to cover the character's stomach.
>>
>>337150294
Calm down there Anita
>>
>>337151692
>#FE is already out in fucking Yuropoor.
No it's not. Coming out in next month, same time as America, which is still pretty amazing. And the three-month wait for FE Fates is also relatively small.
>>
File: 1458359121901.png (39 KB, 178x300) Image search: [Google]
1458359121901.png
39 KB, 178x300
>>337152068
They've made that joke so many times now.

Still my favorite long running show though.
>>
>>337151634
Using analogies just make you look fucking stupid. Especially when the analogies are untrue, on top of being unfitting.

Completely removing something because "The audience would find it unappealing" is the definition of censorship. Localization is "The audience would not be able to understand it."

For example, In zero escape whenever talking about cats, the main protagonist develops a tick, which is a common japanese trope. Where Japanese speakers will sometimes use "unnecessary" prepositional phrases. Such as "you know?" or in the most famous example "desu" where desu is already implied.

If an English speaking character just started saying "meow" after every sentence we wouldn't understand why. So in the localization they changed it to him making cat puns when cats were mentioned. So that the english speaker can clearly understand that the character talks goofy about cats.

On the other hand, if they would have completely removed that entire scene because "wow english speakers will just think him saying meow is dumb" Then it becomes censorship, because you are removing something that the new audience "wont like"
>>
>>337151804

It's really not censorship though. It's stupid and a waste of ownership of a franchise, but it's not stupid. It was just something you did back then to get a show to fit a whole 1980s tv season because Macross wasn't long enough for that.

Don't get me wrong I hate it and the fact that they did it, but I don't blame Macek for doing what he did when he was just trying his best with the situation.

>>337151531
>The publishers should have no creative freedom with the properties they publish, they should either want to publish the game as it is or not at all. And if they dont want to publish it at all, that's fine, but don't take a game, completely remove all its selling points, then sit on the "Rights" to the game so nobody else can sell it either.

You are living in a fantasy world. Guess what? In tv directors don't call the shots, the producers do, directors exist to bring the producers' vision to life. In art, unless the artist is privately wealthy (fat chance if your name isn't Andy Warhol), what he creates is often determined by the patron that sponsors him. Even in film, where the director mostly calls the shots, the studio has to approve the script and make it as one that they like, and often it's vastly different from the script the screenwriter first penned.

The thing you want doesn't exist and has never existed. The artist has never had power, it's always been in the hands of the person that funds them.
>>
>>337152260
Then how come the yuropoor press already have pre-release copies?
>>
>>337151976
The best part is later on in that very scene, they zoom out to the crowd surrounding them and you can clearly still see the unedited gun held to his head in the distance
>>
>>337152174
>>337152205

This whole SJW thing started because faggots gave attention-whores the attention they were looking for

>Being anti-censorship leads to more censorship
They are not doing it right, since the only times i've seen people complaining about censorship is when lewd content is involved

It makes me think "Gee, i wonder what the gamers care about in their games". How is it that people can't seem to find other forms of censorship around? What about i don't know Chris Redfield smoking in RE1, or the removal of the Muslim Chants in OoT? How come no one ever mention examples like those?

Face it, taking lewds away is the newest publicity stunt in the market, Overwatch did it and their game got all the publicity they needed
>>
I saw Gundam being brought up here and there, and this is a bit off topic, but where's a good place to start with that show? I heard there was a version of it that focused more on earth battles with more realistic tank like Gundams rather than the more anime esque ones. Which one is that and is it any good?
>>
>>337151617
>that song
I enjoyed the preinstalled content that was on every windows 7 computer.
>>
>>337152492
>pre-release copies
I wonder.
>>
>>337152484
but it's not censorship, I meant*
>>
>>337150273
Censorship is done to prevent people being offended. I don't think anybody would be offended by the content which was altered in this case.

I believe it was changed to make the character more appealing to the western audience, and not less offensive since it's not offensive to being with (except maybe to homophobes?).
>>
>>337152689

just watch patablor and macross instead
>>
>>337152708
But only the yuropoors got it. NOA isn't giving out press release.
>>
>>337152534
Internet wasn't mainstream enough for RE1 or OoT to be noticed.
>>
>>337152787
That's because NOA sucks at marketing.
>>
File: Austin What.jpg (48 KB, 248x336) Image search: [Google]
Austin What.jpg
48 KB, 248x336
>>337150126
>lack of desensitization with women

Sanji wants to bang Nami.
>>
the witcher 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5Cc71K_kAE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zsm4NB8X5I0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkwsGbEGZus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz_NM1DH8Yc
>>
>>337151309
Xenogears wasn't even finished when it was released.
>>
>>337149828
Didn't Inti-Creates actually fixed this after people complained the game was censored?
>>
>>337148962
Sanji is supposed to look like a delinquent punk.
>>
>>337152379
Removing things that are unappealing still falls under localisation. It's still pandering to the new target audience.
>>
>>337149526
No it isn't, that's why he is not edgy for smoking
>>
>>337149360
Don't talk about yourself like that.
>>
>>337151692
Commit a few violent murders, be the change you want to see
>>
File: 1458575684526.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1458575684526.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>337150294
If you don't care why did you write all this

why did you enter this thread

?????
>>
>>337150273
It's not censorship if they're trying to localize it for what the foreign audience wants more.
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/16/gunvolt-gets-braid-back-u-s-version-azure-striker-gunvolt/
>>
>>337153113
>No it isn't

Actually he is where the show is made
>>
>>337150416
Actually no. Japan is very anti-smoke these days. It wasn't when One Piece debuted though

>>337149526
Who says it has to be cool. It just is something he does.
>>
File: 1437916910470.png (298 KB, 407x510) Image search: [Google]
1437916910470.png
298 KB, 407x510
Not really censorship as much as a character being completly changed during the localization.
I don't even get why. This change is just so baffeling, I fail do understand why it happend.
Did I miss the part were someone was upset about a gentle, kind Shehulk so much that they turned her into some steroid addicted /fit/ faggot with a manlier voice than the protagonist out of sheer spite?
>>
>>337151126
>Just hidden behind menus now so knee jerk christian mothers don't know that their little Billy's Mario games don't have them ass and tiddies.

I don't think a kid today won't be playing TMS. The kid obviously will be playing M rated titles like COD, GTA, Battlefield, Halo, etc.
>>
>>337152864
I pointed those out as reference though, because last three years all cases of "censorship controversies" have been around lewd content only

Look at >>337152970 videos for example, all lewd content

I also hate when people confuse "design choices" with "censorship" when they mistakenly will point out at EVERYTHING that gets taken away or replaced and they will start yelling "CENSORSHIP"

Did you know that Kratos in GOW1 was going to be purple skinned? Would you consider that censorship just because they took it away from the final release?
>>
>>337149828
Funny thing about Gunvolt's hair braid is that it actually is related to his character since he uses it to recharge his gun.
>>
>>337148962
>Calling a lollipop a sucker
W H Y
>>
File: tumblr filename lmao.jpg (66 KB, 900x671) Image search: [Google]
tumblr filename lmao.jpg
66 KB, 900x671
>>337153471
forgot my image fuck
>>
How can Sanji even be healthy enough to fight and stuff? You'd think he'd be coughing all the time and shit since he is literally smoking 24/7.
>>
>>337153065
Yes, people like to be upset as usual. The braidless version was just up for consideration and never final.
>>
>>337148962
Sanji is fire themed. Changing the cig for a lollipop makes zero sense.
>>
>>337153580
>>337153471
Not to mention it's also a relevant change for him in the sequel.
>>
>>337152689
08th ms team

It's good until the half way point
>>
>>337153471
>>337153580
And not less any stupid
It is better without the braid
>>
>>337148804
>4kids picture.

I think you know, OP.
>>
The Stick of Truth.
>>
>>337153854
>integral part of character
>hur its dum get rid of it

You would make a great employee at NoA.
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 774x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 774x720
>>337149506
that braid is gay af desu
>>
>>337153537
>Not calling it a lickity lick
>>
>>337154170
PC version was uncensored regardless of region. For consoles the US version is uncensored. Those 2 choices there are the best way to experience the game.
>>
>>337149693
Go back to China , bitch
>>
>it's not censorship because I like it better now
oooooooook
>>
>>337154212
Sometimes you have to fix the devs fuck ups.

>>337153796
And it can be removed again
>>
File: 1459597749607.jpg (150 KB, 970x580) Image search: [Google]
1459597749607.jpg
150 KB, 970x580
>>337154170
South Park's censorship was great though, it shows how silly censorship laws are.
>>
>>337150294
If the shit was so pointless, then the developers would have never included it in the fucking 1st place anon.
>>
I bet all of you are pathetic cutfags
>I'm okay with someone else literally cutting content without my consent
>i-i-it looks better now!!!
Cucks.
>>
>>337154686

Studio behind Stick of Truth was too lazy to make a Germany specific version. It's their fault 90% of Europe got the censored version.

Many games create a standard locked down German version to suit their puritan censorship rules.

It's like subjecting 49 US states to a heavily censored version because Alabama doesn't want to see anything "indecent".
>>
>>337154819
The only people that care about censorship are nintendrones, so it makes sense that most of these people are cucks.
>>
>>337154390
Don't give a shit about pc, I'm not a teenager. I travel and they usually have ps3's in the hotel.

>>337154686
Yeah, nah. Doesn't make up for the cut content.

>>337154924
Fuck Germany, always subhuman trash shitting on everything.
>>
>>337154924
If I had the money I would buy Germany's rating boars(USK) and shut them down and tell Germany to follow PEGI instead.
>>
>>337155054
(you)
>>
File: 1461166896297.jpg (108 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461166896297.jpg
108 KB, 1280x720
>>337154924
>>337155054
>censorship is bad
>they should have made specific censored content to get by censorship laws
>>
File: 1369377599971.jpg (98 KB, 1317x506) Image search: [Google]
1369377599971.jpg
98 KB, 1317x506
>>
>>337154984
>I'm okay with R.Mika's butt slap being removed
>I'm okay with the Overwatch chick having her pose changed
>it's the current year!
Yeah, nintendrones, sure.
>>
File: 1444546337022.png (714 KB, 1276x1080) Image search: [Google]
1444546337022.png
714 KB, 1276x1080
>>337154634
>fix the dev fuck ups
Good to know that NoA employees call changing designs and removing entire segments of dialogue and games out of laziness to translate, "fixing".
>>
>>337155147

You would need to change Germanys indecency laws. That's the problem. It's what the German ratings board is tied to (although it makes sense for them to switch to PEGI anyway).

Post War Germany are a bunch of pussy-whipped cucks who live in constant paranoia about being seen as "nazis" that they avoid any and all things remotely offensive.

Thankfully for some odd reason, the PC version of Stick of Truth wasn't censored in Europe.
>>
>>337153467
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chc5DIv5kOE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJZcz4g6QM0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS6VzDlGaCU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EkU20AyXRA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK_MGfbm4UE
>>
>>337153467
>because last three years all cases of "censorship controversies" have been around lewd content only
>>
File: 298.jpg (118 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
298.jpg
118 KB, 600x700
>>337149526
Of course it is
>>
>>337154819
People with cut penises had no say because they were forcefully cut as babies, the only cutfags to make fun of are the ones that voluntarily do it as adults.
>>
>>337155285
I am absolutely 100% fine with both those things.

Holding "self-censorship" against people, especially when you can only guess at their motives or refuse to accept their stated motives, is ironically leading down the path to thought policing.
>>
>>337155220
They already made a special censored version. They could have just sold it purely in Germany, with a German flag instead of the EU. Germany is the one with the Puritan censorship laws, but no they forced the censored version on the other members of Europe even though the normal version was perfectly fine.
>>
>>337155323
the usk and the rating studios are so hated in germany, nobody wants them and just buys their games in austria which is a german version but uncensored
they're fucking retarded
>>
File: Zero_-_Standing.jpg (63 KB, 666x960) Image search: [Google]
Zero_-_Standing.jpg
63 KB, 666x960
>>337150503
Because zero is so masculine
>>
>>337155489
No the only cutfags to laugh at are the ones who defend being cut without their consent. Just like those who defend chensorship.
>>
>>337154686
The message was kind of lost when it came out that that the only reason for the censorship was Ubisoft's laziness. The uncut game got a PEGI 18, so they re-submitted a cut version trying to get a PEGI 16 to help sales. It also got a PEGI 18 though, and then they just never bothered to re-submit the original game.

>>337154924
The German version is specific in that all Nazi references had to be stripped out. There was nothing really stopping them from giving the proper versions to each area, other than thinking it wouldn't be worth the time or money.
>>
>>337155553
>Germany is the one with the Puritan censorship laws
wrong
france is really bad too, they're the reason dragonball got so freaking censored back in the 2000s in ALL OF EU
>>
>>337155387
Oh shit look at those games that sold really badly and were completely affected by the hideous SJWs! Oh my GOD!

Also, either this is clickbait or everything in these videos are explicit scenes or lewds
GEE I WONDER IF THEY ARE TRYING FOR THEIR GAME NOT TO BE RATED +18 TO SELL TO A BROADER AUDIENCE

retard
>>
>>337155514
>I am absolutely 100% fine with both those things.
Exactly.
>>
>>337151180

This post is so confusing

I have a hard time believing anyone actually feels this way
>>
>>337155417
>almost chuckleworthy but fucking retarded vs uninspired wanking
what the fuck happened to fire emblem
>>
>>337155685
Germany also has strict indecency laws. Shit like violence and gore are censored too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkUuABNnTC0
>>
>>337155417
>MISSING THE POINT OF THE CUTSCENE
did you even play FE? i like it that they are two assasins that they are analyzing eachother by just looking at eachother

but since it's a "2D portraits" cutscene you can't quite see that
>>
>>337155968
but only sometimes :^)
I really dont get these "laws" sometimes shit like dead space gets released uncensored and css gets that fucking weird animation top kek
>>
>>337151126
>all the things they "removed' are actually still there in the game. Just hidden behind menus
[citation needed]
>>
>>337148804
I can't say it was done for no reason, but the story and major themes of Xenogears were destroyed because they had to censor anything to do with religion.
>>
File: Saizou.png (334 KB, 637x559) Image search: [Google]
Saizou.png
334 KB, 637x559
>>337155906
>>
>>337155968
What do you expect from a country where is against the law to say certain things.
>>
File: 210590540911.jpg (51 KB, 690x706) Image search: [Google]
210590540911.jpg
51 KB, 690x706
>guy makes painting of naked chick
>people say it sucks becasue muh sexualizations, IT'S 2016 COME ON
>guy modifies painting, puts clothes on chick
>"y-y-yeah it was my artistic choice, I-I thought clothes fit the painting better"
>SEE IT'S TOTALLY NOT CENSORSHIP, IT WAS HIS CHOICE
>>
File: Belka.png (427 KB, 563x760) Image search: [Google]
Belka.png
427 KB, 563x760
>>337156112

>>
>>337151692
Edmonton, dawson creek, Toronto?
>>
>>337148804
FE:F

shame so many defended the removal of something optional, and I didn't even use it that much in the hacked version and I still think the removal is bad
>>
>>337154924
Thats wrong. German version has no nazi symbols. Its a different version than the rest of europe has.

>>337155323
Its not about indecency.

There are 2 things:
1. protecting the youth. 99% of times its about violence. But it gets more lax with every year.
2. is nazi symbols. Its only allowed in education and art and games are not art in german law. Thats all there is to it.
>>
>>337152787
That's because NOA is made up of fucking retards, if it wasn't already clear by what they have been doing for the past years
>>
>>337156315
People have yet to provide a compelling reason why some nobodies on twitter apparently hold the power to intimidate multi-million dollar companies. Is it really so unimaginable to you that people might change their mind after being exposed to a different point of view? Actually, that does explain a lot about /v/.
>>
>>337155968
I'm just saying not only did Germany get the censored version, but they got extra censorship beyond that to comply with Germany's laws. So they did create a specific release just for that area, and had no reason to use it for other areas except for the fact they tried to go for a lower rating in those regions, failed, and didn't bother to fix it.
>>
>>
>>337156428

Then why are a large number of violent games that don't feature Nazi symbols often censored in Germany alone?
>>
>>337156315
>guy modifies paining, puts clothes on chick
>YOU SLUTSHAMING SHITLORD
>>
>>337155968
These days its always valve who does this stupid stuff.

Stuff like Dead Space is completly uncut.
>>
>>337155417

Actually I'm a little curious on getting Fates. If I'm wanting to get the most out of a more direct translation, should I get a fan translated Japanese version, or a restoration patched English version?
>>
>>337156938
Don't, both games are fucking garbage.
>>
>>337156625
>more than half of these statements are actually true
>implying posting one image makes you right
>>
>>337156649
Violence?

They want to lower the age rating.

In the past this was a real problem but since maybe 10 years tehy just rate violent stuff 18 and you can sell it normaly.

In the past they mostly put it on the index and it was handled like pornography. That means no advertising and no putting on shelf in store. That leads to cutting to lower the rating.

But thats mostly a thing of the past.
>>
>>337151617
>that black to white dude
my sides
>>
>>337155417
I don't really care about the game or whatever is shown in either of those cutscenes, but if I made a game/a book/a movie/whatever and someone who's localized it just outright replaced some parts because he thinks he knows better than the author, I'd be pissed.
>>
>>337156558
>hold the power to intimidate multi-million dollar companies
They do, for whatever reason. Specific individuals are even less safe. A company has two choices, obviously:
>Stick to your guns; whatever they are
>Conform

Either one pisses off an audience. They will just go with the one that seems the most altruistic to the general public every time.
>change their mind after being exposed to a different point of view?
This is a good point, this would vary greatly however, and we lack methods of seeing whether or not this is true. This happens far less often then you would think though. Companies don't really hold rigid opinions. They're like politicians, just looking to get appeal and mass support. Nothing more.
>>
>>337156558
>People have yet to provide a compelling reason why some nobodies on twitter apparently hold the power to intimidate multi-million dollar companies.
>People have yet to provide a compelling reason why some soccermoms apparently hold the power to intimidate multi-million dollar companies.
>>
>>337155242
Funny but not pointless since there are many countries that would find nude bathing with other people to be weird.
>>
>>337151617
>Cookies instead of shitty rice ball
Should of been this.
>>
>>337156315
Well it was his choice, nothing actually stopped him from painting a naked chick again, it was his choice to succumb to the taste of masses either for commercial or for recognition sake.
>>
>>337157458
Because Fox News takes their bullshit and makes them look like the victims to the world.
>>
>>337155906
It's a VN without H-scenes or good story, no point in playing it anymore, just like TSM.
>>
>>337158076
Riiiiiiight.
>Say you love Allah or I'm going to shoot you
>"I-I love Allah"
>see, it was your choice, you just chose to not get shot
>>
>>337157853
Bathing in towels, alone or with others, is even weirder.
>>
I still maintain that SFV censoring the Mika butt slap was absolutely ridiculous

>SJWs that would complain about it don't care about fighting games
>She's still sexy as fuck
>This, if anything, lost sales
>>
>>337148962
>>337149526
Smoking isn't "cool" or "edgy", it's just a normal thing some normal people do.
>>
>>337156112
Still don't understand the reason why they decided to removed ALL that dialogue and just put in "silently analysing" instead.
>>
File: 5wyahMtU71rn8uxqo1_1280.jpg (740 KB, 1280x1050) Image search: [Google]
5wyahMtU71rn8uxqo1_1280.jpg
740 KB, 1280x1050
>>337155742
>>
>>337150105
even if it is localization i think thats bad i want a translation not a localization
>>
File: 1401519860210.png (79 KB, 269x294) Image search: [Google]
1401519860210.png
79 KB, 269x294
>>337158283
Only nothing is greater than to die a Martyr for refusing to bend to false gods or religions.
>>
>>337158512
Here's why
>hey treehouse emplyee, translate this conversation
>man, I can't be bothered to do this I want to play solitaire
>wait I know!
And the rest is history.
>>
>>337151617
>Cap guns
My SIDES
>>
>>337158469
Smoking is for degenerates, not normal people.
>>
>>337152170
to be fair Viz probably knew the artist already drew hentai of lesbian smoochies, seriously
>>
>>337158283
It is a choice, you can chose to refuse to succumb to them and die, just because you're too scared to make certain choices because of their consequences doesn't rule out their existence.
>>
>>337158894
You are as bad as those teenagers who think is cool.
>>
>>337158469
It's pretty fucking stupid thing to do though. You're doing yourself a lot of physical and financial damage for virtually no gain at all.
>>
>>337159051
So censorship doesn't exist, ever. ok.
>>
>>337148804
Everything nintendo this gen has been obnoxious to the point that I regret buying a 3ds.
They have been doing it for ages which is understandable, but things are slowly changing here. Steam now has semi VN, and sony pulls out fanservice games out of his asshole without a care like conception or dungeon travellers. Nintendo is still stuck in the old ages and refuses to take any risk that may affect their imaginary child fanbase.
>>
>>337159079
Those teenagers are degenerate, too.
>>
>>337158894
>being this puritanical
>>
File: doom_sawing.jpg (26 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
doom_sawing.jpg
26 KB, 240x160
>>
>>337159276
It does, it's when you're given choice between correcting your work for being published and not being published at all and you pick the first option. That situation is called censorship, but the choice was always there.
>>
>>337158469
>it's just a stupid thing people with low self esteem or poor foresight do
>>
>>337159338
I think "degenerate" is only the word you use for "people I don't like >:("
>>
>>337158090
And what do you think happens on twitter?
Same for Tumblr
>>
>>337150294
MY MONEY BELONGS TO FUCKING ME AND I SHALL CHOOSE WHAT I SPEND IT ON

>WAHHHH, WHY WON'T YOU SUCK THE CORPORATE COCK, WAHHH STOP COMPLAINING OR YOU MIGHT HURT THE DEVS FEELINGS
>>
File: candypull.gif (54 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
candypull.gif
54 KB, 256x192
>>337148804
>>337152068
>>
>>337157853

Sth. I find weird is bathing with a TOWEL. Why would you take a towel with you into the water getting it fully soaked which makes it lose all its purpose?
>>
8EIY4-QZ38Q-FR3RD free steam key
>>
File: 1403329465192.jpg (11 KB, 206x245) Image search: [Google]
1403329465192.jpg
11 KB, 206x245
>mfw panty fetish
>Even though you'd think they wouldn't the Nintendo handheld versions of the Senran games censor them the sliiiiiiiiiiightest bit by referring to the stripped girls as being in their swimsuits
>They go so far as to cross the straps of the bras and add little beads just to prove this point
>Even though the Sony Senran games very openly refer to them as panties
>They even filled in Haruka's boob window

Even when you think you're safe, they get you with the little shit.
>>
>>337159449
Get cancer and die because you wanted to look cool in front of your friends lol :D
>>
File: evelynn_by_lataedelan-d8df7ga.jpg (107 KB, 1024x724) Image search: [Google]
evelynn_by_lataedelan-d8df7ga.jpg
107 KB, 1024x724
>Love stealthbased gameplay
>Main Teemo
>Suddenly interested in Evelynn now that I realized her splash art doesn't make her look gross anymore.

How do I build Eve? I've been doing full AP but that feels retarded.

Also should I try out Rengar, Shaco, and Twitch?
>>
File: 1383713277298.gif (982 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1383713277298.gif
982 KB, 320x287
>Localization isn't censorship! So what if we change the most inane shit because our audience is too retarded to handle differences in culture in the 21st century! It's only censorship if I don't like it!
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 360x408) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 360x408
>>337161545
How dare Japan censor Ratchet's eyebrows.
>>
>>337162280
hey bert
>>
File: princess on ices.png (248 KB, 540x840) Image search: [Google]
princess on ices.png
248 KB, 540x840
Not really censorship, but a good example of horrible localization.
>>
The mod that removed the trans character from baldur's gate. Blatent censorship.
>>
>>337160816
>How do I build Eve
easy, you drop LoL for the better assfaggot and move on to bounty hunter
>>
>>337156625
This image will always not include the infamous "You weren't going to buy it anyway" remark.
>>
>>337163126
this desu
>>
>>337155242

I actually played this to the end years ago... despite the horrible controls (even on a gamepad)
>>
>>337163040
Actually the left one is the original, so is an example of awesome localization
>>
>>337163040
Honestly tell me, why do I find black women unattractive.
>>
>>337162280
Why would you do that.
What's the point of the change.
>>
>>337158979
He draws trap porn Anal Angel and Anal Justice are his best works
>>
to anyone who smokes...
Kill youself
no wait... you are already doing it :)
>>
>>337148804
Wait, i don't get it, so does Sanji stick the burning end of the cig in his mouth?
>>
File: ducks.jpg (51 KB, 581x823) Image search: [Google]
ducks.jpg
51 KB, 581x823
>>337163040
I looked for the guy who made the ones in the left. Aparently he is an artist who makes comics for Disney Italy since the nineties. Also, I found a lot of ducks made by him, see pic related, there's more where that came from.
I don't know how to feel about it, I guess he was just lazy rather than lacking talent when making those designs.
>>
>>337164448
Of all the unhealthy shit that people do daily people always pick smoking because the majority of people have the same knowledge and opinions as they do when they were 10 and they got to see the antismoking shit.
>>
File: 5facbgA.jpg (72 KB, 960x772) Image search: [Google]
5facbgA.jpg
72 KB, 960x772
Tomb raider.

Her looks, Her original bio, Her attitude, Her fucking guns. Her acrobatics. The exploration, The puzzles, The music, The isolation. The atmosphere, The interesting levels and locations. The vivid colours. All gone.

Its a mess.
>>
>>337153426
>What's the point of the change.

Make him appear more friendly?
>>
>>337164868
That wasn't censorship, they just took an IP they hadn't use in a while for anything important and made Uncharted.
>>
>>337149828
And the belly.
>>
>>337164564
What's with all the ducks, this guy a furry or something?
>>
>>337153793
Fire themed? I thought he was jobbing themed. The sucker makes more sense.
>>
>>337150993
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zLKca1xJFs
>>
>>337156315
>profit-driven corporation produces "artistic" commodity in home country
>corporation creates modified versions of it to maximize sales by accomodating the mores of foreign countries
>THIS IS BUMBLRS FAULT
>>
>>337164220
He looks more Asian that way.
>>
>>337151276
>The cripple is a Guntank
10/10
>>
>>337164159
Because they're not typically attractive? They need a pretty high amount of European DNA to look attractive. Not even blacks like their women, for a variety of reasons but that just happens to be one of them.
>>337164220
Japanese kinds think that huge eyebrows are funny. They said hey, what the hell.
>>
File: 1461375643765.jpg (116 KB, 750x919) Image search: [Google]
1461375643765.jpg
116 KB, 750x919
>>337164868
>>
>>337151617
dat popcap gun to shank's face
dat hammergun that helmeppo is wielding.
>>
File: 1369364985580.jpg (91 KB, 638x482) Image search: [Google]
1369364985580.jpg
91 KB, 638x482
>>337163883
I gave up when air combat became a common occurrence. Good concept for a game otherwise though. Wish the sequel the creator was making with tightened controls hadn't gotten scrapped.
>>
File: 1452980500904.png (636 KB, 2000x1921) Image search: [Google]
1452980500904.png
636 KB, 2000x1921
>>337152689
>Wanting to watch an anime mecha series but disliking "anime designs"
Watch in release order you fag
>>
File: Skeith.jpg (7 KB, 318x159) Image search: [Google]
Skeith.jpg
7 KB, 318x159
>>337148804
In the Japanese version he walked around with a cross, crucifying players. In the US version he has a Q which makes no sense whatsoever.
>>
>>337165495
His career was drawing ducks. His hobby was drawing lewds. He mixed work and pleasure.
>>
>>337166582
Gee, what's the most largest practiced religion in America?
>>
>>337151143
I work in a volume restaurant and that promise of a cig is what keeps you going while closing after a mothers day rush 3pm to 1 am shift.

Its like a chef cliche. Plus the sucker is the 4kids dub so its a sin regardless of "edge"
>>
>>337159216
literally this
if you're a smoker i automatically assume you're either a person with poor judgment or a dumb motherfucker
>>
>>337166956
Only JESUS can be put on a crucifix. Even if the Roman's did that to EVERY criminal during the time.

ONLY JESUS.
>>
>>337148804
Not really a worst but this just made me curious:
>Blizz removed tuchys cigar from hots, but then made mccowboy with cigar for overwatch which seems more child friendly game
I dont understand what their logic was here
>>
>>337149828
i want to cum in his belly if you catch my drift
>>
>>337157083

End yourself you degenerate.
>>
>>337155742
Settle down, Beavis.
>>
>>337167106
And? That's exactly the kind of people they'd be dealing with had they not have changed it. Dealing with christfags is a lost cause.
>>
>>337167030
he says, posting from the computer in his mother's basement

do you know how many med students smoke?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 72

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.