[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dishonored 2 - NEW FACTS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 10
File: 324.jpg (88 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
324.jpg
88 KB, 720x540
Are you hyped now, /v/?

"Here's a rough recap of the Game Informer article.

Visually the game pretty much looks like a more detailed version of the last game.
Before anyone asks, there's no co-op, as they weren't sure how to design that in.
The game runs on a modified version of idtech5 they've dubbed The Void Engine.
The game takes place 15 years after the original.
After the events of the first game, Corvo was concerned that at some point, people would attempt to assassinate Emily. As such, he spent said 15 years training her how to be a magical assassin like him whenever she wasn't too busy being Empress.
The game starts out with you playing as Emily during a coup d'etat and having to escape.
Afterwards, you choose whether to play as Emily on her quest to reclaim her throne, or as Corvo with the same objective.
"When fans found out they could play Dishonored 2 from the perspective of Emily Kaldwin, they were overwhelmingly positive. "The response was stunning for us," Smith says."
The game starts and ends in Dunwall, but the rest of the game takes place in Karnaca, which is inspired by Mediterranean European countries and is the birthplace of Corvo. Karnaca is also where the majority of the game takes place.
There's a bunch of stuff about their art design process in here. Let's just suffice it to say that if you liked how the first game looked and how the universe was, you should be satisfied here. "
>>
>>337147020
Anton Sokolov is back.
The plot setup for how missions works sounds pretty similar. There's some public figure doing bad things and you get information/help from other characters to help in your goal of taking them down.
The guards are a lot smarter this time and can also do things like vault around and scale objects to chase you.
Emily has a new set of powers. Far Reach is this giant hand grappling hook thing that pulls you around. It's like blink, except you actually physically move across spaces, so guards can notice you. Far Reach can also be used as a weapon by swinging around environment objects.
The game is a lot more vertical so these movement abilities are especially important.
You can do non-lethal aerial takedowns.
Missions have various options for completion and progression throughout, much like the previous game.
You can use guards as human shields.
Non-lethal/stealth options have been expanded quite a bit to be more up to par with the amount of lethal options.
>>
>>337147020
Another one of Emily's abilities is Mesmerize, which stuns multiple guards temporarily.
You can puts guards into beds to avoid suspicion.
There's a bunch of difficulty sliders for things like how visible you are in cover.
There's quick saving/quick load in all versions of the game now along with checkpoints so you don't risk losing much progress at any given time.
Coy non-comment about mods. Please download Bethesda.netâ„¢.
Another of Emily's powers is Domino. You link up to four guards together, and then whatever happens to one guard, happens to the rest. For example, if you link four guards, and then lead one into a stun mine, all four are stunned.
This also works with Doppelganger, where you create a clone of yourself, then link it to the guards, and blow up your own clone.
Emily also has the Shadow Walk ability which lets her slink into shadows and squeeze into tight places.
Some of the missions have neutral areas where you can go around and talk to the various citizens to get a feel for the city and hints toward your mission.
Your base of operations is a boat.
>>
>>337147020
Batman Detective Vision returns.
Both Emily and Corvo have a pistol, sword, and crossbow, but they look different. Also they have different end game upgrades to the items.
Corvo has the same powers as the last game, but they're upgraded and expanded.
Corvo is voiced by Garrett from Thief because Harvey and Raf like Thief and this game has obviously ate its lunch.
Corvo's Bend Time ability can now also fast forward time.
Corvo's possession ability can now be chained between creatures.
The abilities now unlock in a tree.
Corvo's blink can assassinate someone through a glass window starting at level 1.
The mansion from the trailer is an interlocking puzzle level where you pull levers and open new areas and all sorts of stuff like that.
The clockwork soldiers are now wood instead of porcelain, though it's nice looking wood.
They're trying to make the ending and morality systems less bad this time.
>>
>one of Emily's abilities is Mesmerize
SLLLLLLLLLLLUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTT
>>
>>337147020

Thanks OP. I am very psyched for this shit. Dishonored 1 was one of my favs recently for sure. Gonna have to try to get thru it again before this comes out I suppose..
>>
>>337147584
pure!
>>
File: 1448586481652.jpg (113 KB, 720x600) Image search: [Google]
1448586481652.jpg
113 KB, 720x600
>"When fans found out they could play Dishonored 2 from the perspective of Emily Kaldwin, they were overwhelmingly positive. "The response was stunning for us," Smith says."
>>
File: 1436285489789.gif (2 MB, 331x197) Image search: [Google]
1436285489789.gif
2 MB, 331x197
>Stephen Russell
>>
File: poetry.png (43 KB, 368x691) Image search: [Google]
poetry.png
43 KB, 368x691
>>337148381
>tumbr
>neongaf
>reddit
>other normies

Combined probably larger than 4chan.
>>
>>337147020
>idtech5
NOOOOOO
no more megatextures pls
>>
>its just more of the same
and its all that I want
>>
Dishonored is garbage. No one cares.
>>
>>337147189
>Another of Emily's powers is Domino. You link up to four guards together, and then whatever happens to one guard, happens to the rest. For example, if you link four guards, and then lead one into a stun mine, all four are stunned.
>This also works with Doppelganger, where you create a clone of yourself, then link it to the guards, and blow up your own clone
Sounds OP as fuck
>>
>>337149254
>implying you werent always OP as fuck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhLcm3uPCME
>>
>>337149362
>god amongst mere mortals
>>
>>337149362

dat freeze time sequence where he drops her, cuts the guys head off then catches her. Love how creative you could get in this game.
>>
File: Outsider_face_render.jpg (984 KB, 1467x1467) Image search: [Google]
Outsider_face_render.jpg
984 KB, 1467x1467
I love the lore of the game its a good thing they never expanded on it I like shit more ambiguous and up to imagination. Hopefully we'll see more whale shit in the next game.

And is this nigga Satan or something? He said there were more people like Corvo in the world you think we'll fight them in the next game.
>>
>>337150579
you'll love this shit then
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aScm5tFo0hs
>>
>>337150698
you already fought daud, he's got the mark, so does delilah. Granny could also have it but she could just be a witch
>>
>>337150698
dev said in twitter he was an orphan that got sacrified by some cult to become the outsider. that's why he frequently interact with people in peril like corvo.
>>
File: 1433851975874.jpg (68 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
1433851975874.jpg
68 KB, 400x600
>>337150930
I liked it better when it was implied he was a giant whale.
>>
>>337150930
That sounds fucking lame.
>>
>>337150849
True but is he dead or alive? Never played the dlc and I didnt kill him in the game, obviously you could but I never wanted to.

>>337150930
So hes Christ?
>>
>>337151418
if you play the DLC and get low chaos, corvo lets you go, if you get high chaos he kills you. I love how he changed his character after killing the empress, liked it more than the main game
>>
>>337150930
That's fucking gay. I was hoping for something more eldritch-y. What with the whale and stuff, I guess.
Here's hoping good shit comes out of this game.
>>
>>337147020
>Corvo was concerned that at some point, people would attempt to assassinate Emily. As such, he spent said 15 years training her how to be a magical assassin like him whenever she wasn't too busy being Empress.

DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

Congrats on ruining your entire series, lore and game just to push a feminist agenda you stupid cuck developers.
>>
>>337151862
>how to spot a false flagger:
>he gives a fuck about lore
>>
>>337151862
its the same thing daud was doing, you can give the powers to others
>>
>>337151418
He lived or died in the DLC depending on whether you went high or low chaos. The whole DLC is basically his being tired of the life he chose and trying to sort of redeem himself. So he might be alive in 2, but I don't think we'll be seeing him.
>>
>>337151581
I watched the videos awhile back, he felt bad for assassinating the empress right? That was cool, based Madsen I hope he comes back in some way.
>>
File: image.jpg (705 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
705 KB, 1800x1200
I hope they bring my gothfu back.
>>
If I can't max out the powers and have to pick and choose again, they can Fuck off.
>>
>>337152240
It was his whole life as a cold blooded assassin that he was tired of, I think, but assassinating the empress was the straw that broke the camels back. Thats the impression I got from it anyway. So the DLC is basically him trying to stop Emilys possession by that one witch whos name I forget to try and make up for it.
>>
>>337151862
we knew this shit already, how fucking new are you.
>>
This is gonna be a fucking blast, really looking forward to it.
>>
>>337152268
>Androgenic alopecia

Gross
>>
>>337151997
That's not correct. Daud's power was simply different. They are all unique. I could understand if he was worried about his "little girl"; but training her to be "an assassin" makes no sense imho. Not only does training usually convey a lot of danger in itself, an assassin does what exactly? Killing targets.
It's very obvious the choice of having a second female lead has been made before writing a forced reason into it.
I waited a while for this game; so I'm gonna get it either way. But they better not fuck it up.
>>
>>337152268
OH YEAH GREAT IDEA SHE YOU KNOW BLINKED AT THE LAST MOMENT EPIC LOL
>>
>>337147020
Shills shills shills
>>
>>337148550
My dick
>>
File: 1421528829051.gif (3 MB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
1421528829051.gif
3 MB, 360x203
>game doesn't come out until November

But why?
>>
Is it known if playing different characters gives different stories or its it same shit with different end cinematic.like will it be worth replaying again if I don't care about different set of skills?
>>
>>337152268
That nigga is dead
>>
>>337149103

Fuck off, retard.
>>
Will the protagonists still be mute bricks?
Will the story still be absolutely awful?
Will killing major targets still feel underwhelming as fuck?
Will they still go full retard with the way they handle endings?
Will the AI still be trash?
Will the god that grants you powers still be an edgy linkin park teenager?
Will the powers still destroy any semblance of game balance?
Will you still have some Deus Ex style areas but without any interaction with NPCs?
>>
>>337154105
no
yes
yes
???
no
maybe
what semblance
yah
>>
>>337154105
>Op states that Corvo's voice actor is Stephen Russel
>"IS HE A SIGHLUNT PROTOGONIST?"
>>
>>337154105
no
opinion
not sure what yo uwanted, michael bay explosions?
opinion
legit complaint
opinion
it is not a competitive game
what
>>
>>337154253
Am I supposed to know who that faggot is? Could be just doing grunts and panting and that still leaves us with a garbage silent protagonist. And I'm not reading OP's dickens shit.
>>
>>337154628
nice bait
>>
>>337151862
Uhhh but the Woman in this game is actually relatable to the story this time. She played a huge part of the last game and now we play as her in this game makes perfect sense. Why pull a fucking Blacklist and making an oldass Corvo all of a sudden agile af going all over the land merkin people again.
>>
>>337154824
nice being a fucking retard
>>
>>337152862
Delilah also shared her powers
>>
Seems fairly interesting. I'll probably replay the first one and try out the DLCs soon enough.
>>
>>337154825
>implying corvo isn't partially immortal or some shit
Even granny rags put up a fight and she was great grandma tier.

>>337155009
Dishonored 1 proves that One Man Army trumps Arcane Bond butt-buddy clan. That and Corvo is probably too autistic/incompetent to figure out how to get others to do it. Since Emily has completely different powers I guess the outsider just marked her 'cause why not.
>>
File: 1378900888445.png (88 KB, 214x239) Image search: [Google]
1378900888445.png
88 KB, 214x239
>>337150730
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrwRwKXOdVQ
>3:50
>mfw
>>
>>337148550
Hold your horses, they might be referring to the recent Thief.
>>
>>337155516
superior: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DknzLFEXxog
>>
>>337147020
>Karnaca, birthplace of Corvo

I was about to write a stupid reply, but thanks to Google now I know that part of the game will take place in Serkonos. Cool.
>>
File: Enrico_Pucci.png (767 KB, 475x657) Image search: [Google]
Enrico_Pucci.png
767 KB, 475x657
>>337147306
>Corvo's Bend Time ability can now also fast forward time.
>>
>>337156204
Mach SPEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeed
>>
>>337150698
There was a theory of him being Leviathan. Was pretty rad till the dev debunked it.
>>
>>337156204
nice
>>
>>337149254
You were always broken as fuck.
So everyone is playing as Emily first right? High or Low chaos for who?
>>337150698
Outsider is just some guy who got stuck in the void for so long. He isn't some deity, just an unfortunate bloke
>>
>>337156204
Will it work the same way though? I imagine it will speed up time for everyone but Corvo, unlike Made In Heaven.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.