[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
KONAMI PROFITS RISE AFTER SWITCHING FOCUS TO MOBILE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Konami-Mobile.jpg (196 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Konami-Mobile.jpg
196 KB, 1920x1080
Last year Konami announced it would now be focusing on mobile games. This followed such events as the cancellation of Silent Hills and Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima's reported departure from the company.

>Konami highlighted mobile game Jikkyou Pawafuru Puroyakyu, which surpassed 22 million downloads. Sales of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain were not disclosed.

Is this the end of Konami? Everything will go to Moble now?
>>
HIT THE LEVER
>>
Who gives a shit? Konami is irrelevant now. They don't own any sort of gameplay or aesthetic. If you miss their games, fucking make them for yourself.
>>
Jikkyou Pawafuru Puroyakyu Ehhhhhhh Macarena!

In all srsness, this is just the start of a new Konami, but the one we knew is dead.
>>
>>337143531
This is the pinnacle of the casual.
>>
I fucking hate Konami so fucking much.
>>
Fuck konami
>>
Konami wins again baby
>>
At least the pachinko shit is winding down.
>>
>konami shits on its fans
>targets a new demographic and is now doing better than before

There really is no reason for consoles or big budget games to exist anymore. It's much easier and much more profitable to make mobile games. How does this make you feel?
>>
>You will never play a 10/10 3D Castlevania
>You will never play MGRR2
>You will never play Contra 5
>You will never play a new Silent Hill
>You will be told play shitty mobile spinoffs of all those franchises instead
It hurts to live
>>
File: 1444345145975.jpg (57 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1444345145975.jpg
57 KB, 645x773
>>337146050
>never play mgrr2
i can just mash square and up on the stick and pretend im playing it just fine
>>
Can they at least be nice and put the PS2-vanias on PS4?
>>
>>337145986
I feel nothing. Then again I haven't felt anything anymore since 2006.
>>
File: ehhhhhh.png (494 KB, 549x718) Image search: [Google]
ehhhhhh.png
494 KB, 549x718
>a company that had literally no good games other then MGS and Castlevania don't profite from them because they where so few and far between
>Japs eat up mobile shit
Nothing new here
Im a PC usere but as far as i know Sonys game division is swimming in money while their TV and mobile divison can barely stay afloat.
And it's the other way around with Microsoft where their game divison is on suicide watch

Such is the way of things
>>
not even a pachinko machine for suikoden?
>>
>>337146548
Suikoden IV got a pachinko years ago.
>>
>>337146479
>>a company that had literally no good games other then MGS and Castlevania
They took hostage like a dozen titles people keep hoping to see again.
>>
>>337143968
Is Power Pro even a moneymaker in Japan still?
>>
>>337146050
>You will never play MGRR2
It can still happen, Konami is just the publisher of the title, Platinum will do all the actual work... right?
>>
>>337146050
They are making a new Contra that looks like an actual Contra and not a tower defense crap like Metal Slug Defense. But it's for smartphones only.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQwT7U1XDdY
Couldn't they at least release it for Steam as well?
>>
Casuals ruin everything.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.