[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you trademark a move in a Videogame? I have a move in GTA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 640x480
Can you trademark a move in a Videogame? I have a move in GTA so awesome, it leaves people like "wtf! how did you kill me"
The reason I get that reaction is because that move is very difficult to time and predict. Everyone has a rhythm, it's like every player is a band, and you just have to recognize their music style, because even if they play a new song for you, you won't predict the lyrics but you will be able to follow the drums and other instruments.
This move is a change in direction. It allows me to break my rythm and quickly turn in any direction at an enemy that's already shooting me and get the drop on him. Of course not any noob can pull it off but it's not that hard.
Out of all the videos out there that's I've watched of kill montages about GTA I've never seen anyone doing my move.
Now the thing is that if i put that movie in a video, people will be able to figure out how I do it, because if you're looking at my screen, it will be obvious and people will go "why didn't I think of that?" Its quite simple, technically. And what I don't want is assholes posting videos with my move and claiming it's theirs and shit
>>
>>337141096
you are worried about people in a community millions big stealing how you use your camera controls (I.e. finger motions) in a franchise older than the cheese in my fridge which started out as milk.

if you want attention you can't pick and choose which kind you recieve
>>
360 no scope?
>>
>>337142429
Imagine if no one had ever discovered quick scope in COD
This move will have that kind of impact
>>
>>337141096

Your nifty videogame trick is like being able to spin plates. Cool, but hardly something worth trademarking. I think you're overvaluing a videogame feat.
>>
>>337143345

A quick scope isn't an intellectual property bud, can't be trademarked either. Game guides can't trademark their advice, but they can copyright the whole document. Your move is not worth anything so it doesn't fall under legal protection.
>>
>your life will never be so shit that you try to copyright a 'move' in a videogame as some form of self-validation
And I'm saying this as someone with a pretty shitty life, mind you.
>>
this is so pathetic I can't even make fun of you

fuck me, it's just depressing
>>
>>337141096
I don't want to say "Get a life"

But I think that might really be the correct course of action for you right now.
>>
Can you trademark a move in a martial art? I have a move in CQC so awesome, it leaves people like "wtf! thank you boss"
The reason I get that reaction is because that move is very difficult to time and predict. Everyone has a rhythm, it's like every soldier is a band, and you just have to recognize their music style, because even if they play a new song for you, you won't predict the lyrics but you will be able to follow the drums and other instruments.
This move is a change in direction. It allows me to break my rythm and quickly turn in any direction at an enemy that's already shooting me and get the drop on him. Of course not any rookie can pull it off but it's not that hard.
Out of all the virtual missions out there that's I've done of kill montages about CQC I've never seen anyone doing my move.
Now the thing is that if i put that move in a fight, people will be able to figure out how I do it, because if you're looking at my hands, it will be obvious and people will go "why didn't I think of that?" Its quite simple, technically. And what I don't want is assholes using my move and claiming it's theirs and shit
>>
>>337144653
it begins
>>
Trademarks only exist to prevent consumer confusion about the source of a product, so you can only trademark things that (PTO believes) uniquely identify something that's for sale. Typically this means names and logos. Also, it costs something like $10k to get a trademark.
>>
>>337145263
A pasta has been received and gratefully accepted.
>>
File: 1433226838594.jpg (310 KB, 723x1023) Image search: [Google]
1433226838594.jpg
310 KB, 723x1023
>>337141096
sup moogi
>>
>>337141096

Implementations can be copyrighted but not the concept. So if someone pulls off your move doing C B A instead of A B C, you can't complain.

And also, you're retarded
>>
I want to leave my trademark on Yui's face.
>>
File: uplink-logo.png (39 KB, 252x186) Image search: [Google]
uplink-logo.png
39 KB, 252x186
Can you trademark a program in a secret organisation? I have a program in main memory so awesome, it leaves people like "DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RUN REVELATION ON YOUR MACHINE"
The reason i get that reaction is because that program is very difficult to time and predict. Everyone has a rhythm, it's like every server is a band, and you just have to recognise their music style, because even if they play a new song for you, you won't predict the lyrics but you will be able to follow the drums and other instruments.
This program is a change in direction. It allows me to break my rythm and quickly bounce in any direction at a server thats already tracing me and get the drop on them. Of course not any agent can pull it of but it's not that hard.
Out of all the missions out there that's I've done of hacking about uplink I've never seen anyone doing my program.
Now the thing is that if i put that program in a server, people will be abREVELTION IS COMINGle to figure out hTHE TIME IS NEARow i do it, bWE WILL SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE

Connection to GATEWAY lost.
>>
>>337147901
10/10
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.