[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just me? Or are starter pokemon getting better and better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: newstarter themes.png (306 KB, 1816x790) Image search: [Google]
newstarter themes.png
306 KB, 1816x790
Is it just me? Or are starter pokemon getting better and better?
>>
so fucking gay
>>
>>337137920
U r a gay
>>
I like that Unova and Kalos actually had central themes to their starter trios, even if the former's wasn't executed perfectly.

Hopefully there proves to one for Alola's, I like the idea of a circus one.
>>
they are definitely better than the last two generations. but I'm betting the final evolutions are going to be ass
>>
>>337137864
its just you 3bh
>>
>>337138257

what were the themes?
>>
File: STRONKLIKEOWL.jpg (79 KB, 1024x1013) Image search: [Google]
STRONKLIKEOWL.jpg
79 KB, 1024x1013
>>337137864
i like the new starters
>>
>>337138257
What was Unova's theme other than bipedal-quadruped-uniped? (Serperior, I know it's not the correct word).
>>
>>337140740
Unova had a deal with each starter taking inspiration from various cultures, what with the whole "boiling pot of America" deal, since Unova was based on New York. Snivy line was derived from European royalty, Oshawott from Japanese samurai, and Tepic from Chinese I actually don't remember the fine details with Tepig at all. The parts of them colored gold on their final evolutions can be linked to things from those cultures. Other than the obvious of Samurott's samurai armor, you'll have to check elsewhere, I don't remember the fine details.

Kalos is standard RPG archetypes. Chespin line a warrior, Froakie a rouge, Fennekin a mage.
>>
Since every single fire-type starter has ended up as bipedal, Litten is probably going to follow the pattern. With that in mind, with the dark coloring and fire type, I'm going to blindly guess Sword Swallower themed final evolution.
>>
But OP, only two of those look good, and only one of them is better than anything from gen 1, or 3, while one is one of the worst ever
>>
I just can't like the cat. The seal is okay and the owl is cute af. Probably going with the owl.
>>
>>337141319
Both Kalos and Sinnoh played around with the type effectiveness
There's also the theory that Blaziken, Emboar and Infernape are based on the story Journey to the West
>>
>>337144383
The cat is really a bomb, anon. See the fuse and round head?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.