[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
POISE OFF UNINTENTIONALLY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 18
File: nameless_king_guide_SITE_feature.jpg (526 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nameless_king_guide_SITE_feature.jpg
526 KB, 1920x1080
(This isn't my post)

My question: "Good morning,

while playng DK3 I noticed that the attribute "Poise" isn't working as intended; whilst in predecent games it permitted to withstand enemy hits, in the third chapter this isn't the case, and one can be interrupted by any attack even in heavy armor.

Since the description of the attribute is "the capacity of withstanding attacks without flinching", and this isn't true, what does this attribute do? Is it a bug? Is it an error?"

The answer :

"Dear [REDACTED],

sorry for the delay,

Yes, it seems there was a problem with the value "poise" in the game, but it will with any chance be solved with the next patches

Sauce: https://m.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4i953t/so_ive_contacted_bamco_about_the_poise_issue/
>>
Nigga we already knew this.
>>
>>337131558
Knew that is was unintentional? Bullshit.
>>
>>337131520
>but it will with any chance be solved with the next patches
Is this trustworthy information? Any way to validate the emails?
>>
Start pumping vitality, lads.
>>
>>337131845
Not that I know. We could try sending our own emails and see if we get the same response.
>>
>>337132307
What? I haven't seen any threads on /v/ about contacting bamco, just the usual "git gud," and idiots thinking poise and super armor are the same thing.
>>
>>337132505
>>337132542

calm down reddit wow holy shit
>>
File: 11211034g96lj899540.jpg (28 KB, 259x259) Image search: [Google]
11211034g96lj899540.jpg
28 KB, 259x259
>>337132307
>fellow souls fan is trying to get the developers to fix the issue with poise in the game
>this is somehow immediately invalidated because the person who did so decided to notify others of the request to his plea on reddit
Holy shit, I don't even like reddit but it literally makes no difference if this was posted on /v/ or reddit, it's still someone making an effort to reach the developer and to bring their attention to an important issue in the game.

Fucking autist.
>>
If poise gets corrected, how quick do you think estoc and darksword users will notice the mistake they've made?
>>
>>337132307
mods are as faggy as reddit is, they just pruned a thread asking about the segregation of female esl players even though it violates no rules.

as long as it doesn't affect their delicate sensitivities they don't give two shit
>>
>>337133038
what mistake?
>>
>>337132946
>fellow souls fan
>that filename
>11 posts 6 ip

seriously just f*ck off back to rebbit and stop embarrassing yourself there's no upvotes to be found here LOL
>>
>>337133038
Not learning fundamentals and being totally reliant on hit stun.
>>
>Going to Reddit
>Linking to Reddit directly
What has /v/ come to?
>>
>>337133101
pretending to be retarded is still being retarded
>>
>>337133268
>samefagging your thread
>that filename
>posting style is that of a redditor

if it looks, smells, acts and is a redditor, then I'd say it's a redditor
>>
>>337131796
It's completely intentional

They had rapier scrubs walking into zweihander stunlocks over and over and had to shut it off or all the normies who plays souls now would find it too difficult
>>
>>337131520
DO WE REALLY HAVE THREAD WITH REDIDT TO IT?

FOR
F
SAKE
>>
>>337133426
>samefagging
Not even close, you should have paid more attention to the IP counter.
>that filename
I wrote random shit to plaster onto one unconventional reaction image of many; sue me.
>posting style is that of a redditor
muh reddit boogeyman

Here's your (You), anon, make it last.
>>
>>337131520
how do you fuck up this badly? it's not like some tiny incidental thing, it's a major game mechanic.
>>
>>337132307
>>337132720
>>337133101
>>337133426
Dude what the fuck is your problem?
>>
>>337133809
>replying

typical redditor, always gotta have the last word
>>
File: 1361682202005.png (3 KB, 203x209) Image search: [Google]
1361682202005.png
3 KB, 203x209
Das1 poise was cancer and I'm glad they removed it.
>>
>>337132307
>Sperging out because of a website
I understand when someone is being a cancerous faggot,, but this is just a post, do you also hate Sony just because never ever? Or PC Master race memes? Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>le reddit army derailing their own thread

kek
>>
>>337131520
fucking finally

I'm sick of being in havel's armor getting staggered by fucking estocs and daggers
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 630x476) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 630x476
>this thread
>>
>>337131520
>Putting a 0 instead of a 1
Well that's embarrassing
>>
>>337134201
It was pretty horrible, but we need something here, otherwise the game's gonna be narrow as shit, DaS2's poise damage was way too high and DaS1 was way too low, something in between would be very nice.
>>
>>337134452
how didn't they see this from the beginning? my idea is that they really knew they disabled poise, were too lazy to remove the attribute all together and somehow assumed people wouldn't notice
>>
>REDDIT AS SOURCE
>EVER
>ANOTHER SOULS THREAD
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Some Jannie please delete the thread, this is un-bear-able
>>
OP here

Sorry, I forgot /v/ is for shitposting instead of video game discussion.
>>
Poise is a shit mechanic, and the rep has no idea what the fuck he's talking about. They didn't disable it by accident
>>
Because a customer service representative for the publisher is a solid source of information regarding development decisions. It definitely wasn't just a case of someone doing their job of getting complainers to shut up.

I swear you are fucking retarded if you believe this stupid reddit circle jerk shit.
>>
>>337134634
>Janitors
>Deleting threads
>Ever
Only mods can delete threads, janitors can only delete comments and images, LURK MOAR, the thread is fine.
>>
>>337134557
Maybe they just wanted to see the reaction from the community? Either way it's still a big fuckup
>>
>>337134819
>>/vg/
But i know you will try hard for replies there, thats why you post here, you utter faggot.

Why make a thread about this shit, we already know, becasue we arent casual cucks and actually read and post on /dsg/.

Yes, /v/ is for shitposting, reason is (You)
>>
>>337134832
Then give us a link to From's contact page
>>
>Scythes suck hot shit
>Are slower than "good" fast weapons and faster than "good" slow weapons
>Have piss damage that seems 40-100 points too low at all times, given you can get stunlocked by faster shit and slower shit will fuck you up in 1-2 hits anyway, so they just need an opening same as anything else
>The "special" mechanic is Bleed, which given how PvP goes and the fact bosses almost totally resist it, is useless
>Stack that with Poise not working means I can't do shit in half Dancer and half Lorian gear
>>
>>337134819
I feel you, OP
>>
>>337135043
Bleed is fine; it isn't the reason that reapers suck. From really is fucking retarded when it comes to balance though
>>
>>337134201
it was only cancer because we had instant backstabs, now that those are gone it'd be much harder to poisestab someone

what would be nice is if poise were based on equip load rather than arbitrary values on armor
>>
>>337134904
It isn't, there is no justification for this thread, when there has been single posts about this in /dsg/ and on threads on /v/. OP and you obviously need to lurk more.
>>
>>337135027
>any /vg/ thread

More of a cesspit than this place. Go back to posting boipucci.
>>
>>337135027
>pushing the "/v/ is for shitposting" mentality
Kill yourself any time
>>
>>337135043
I thought scythes couldn't be worse than DaS2's. I was wrong.
Bleed is fine though, I bled the abyss watchers to death, it was fun.
>>
>>337135338
I don't know if they're worse. Reapers were pretty fucking bad in DaS2 except for the Scythe of Want. Not sure why the fuck Fromshit can't get sweet spots right - you should do ADDITIONAL damage when you hit a sweet spot, not LESS if you don't
>>
>>337134831

Casper for sure.
>>
>>337135130
I am just rationalizing "why" they made the damage so low for a weapon set with some of the best moves of any long-bladed weapon in the game.
>Hey, what if we make a weapon set specializing in bleed!
>Decent idea, Reapers I assume?
>Yep. But so people don't just pop you for all your HP after 3 hits, let's give them piss-poor amounts of Bleed that doesn't scale and give players naturally high Bleed res, plus high bleed res on gear!
>Let's also make it decay faster for no reason!
>And lastly, since they have this debuff that is going to be TOTALLY BROKEN, let's lower the damage, too. :^)
>>
>>337135306
Good that you haven't been here for long, newfriend
>>
>>337135306
WEW LAD
KILL URSELF MY MAN
>>
>>337135162
No, there were posts confirming it was turned off, that's it, up until this thread there was no info about it being intentional or not, a thread doesn't need notifications or stickies to be archived either, if it gets prunned it'd be because of the derailment, you're the one who should lurk, should also check out the rules while you're at it.
>>
>people want poise back so straight swords and estocs can completely dominate
>>
>>337135039
You're a complete moron if you think Bamco's North American customer service division has any means of contacting them either, let alone about design decisions.
>>
>>337135461
I think so, they were bad in 2, but you could still use them and hit people, 3 is just way faster paced, can't hit anything with them safely.
>>
>>337135804
>I know nothing.png
Nobody wearing heavy armor is going to be using an estoc, they'll be wearing anything/nothing to keep them sub 30%, which means next to no Poise.
>>
>>337133221

You sekret klubhouse babbies cry about lebbit, but the funny part is that they get more things done than you ever will :^)
>>
>>337135595
Well the problem with bleed is that it's balanced around the carthus rogue's massive +45 buff. So

>weapons with natural bleed must be buffed by the carthus rogue to EVER trigger the effect (difference between triggering bleed in 4 hits vs triggering bleed in 10 hits)
>bleed scaling with luck is mostly useless since the difference between 10 and 40 luck is like, 10 points of bleed or an ~11% increase
>the bleed infusion is worthless since bleed infused weapons cannot be buffed

Really all they needed to do was have bleed scale better with luck, buff base bleed values, nerf the carthus rogue and make it so that bleed infused weapons can still be buffed. Then you would actually see varied bleed builds that don't use the same three fucking weapons. Guess that was too hard for fromcuck
Don't even get me started on poison
>>
>>337135830
Are you a retard who can't read? That Anon asked for a link to From's contact, not Bandai-Namco. Which nobody can provide cause it doesn't exist.
>>
File: 1398965206844.jpg (94 KB, 544x479) Image search: [Google]
1398965206844.jpg
94 KB, 544x479
>>337135917
>Nobody wearing heavy armor is going to be using an estoc
>>
>>337135830
Yeah I'm sure there's 0 communication betwern them.
>>
>>337135804
They already are.
>>
>>337135962
>Poison
No need.
But yeah, I'm hoping for some Reaper love in the DLC.
>>
File: 1422137728790.jpg (300 KB, 1365x2048) Image search: [Google]
1422137728790.jpg
300 KB, 1365x2048
>>337131520
> Inb4 the bug is not poise being disabled but poise not being removed from interface and all items
> tfw dead ds3 threads on neo /v/ every mention of poise will be removed from the game
>>
>>337135729
You still haven't posted reasoning as why this thread should exist, it barely even gets replies related to it's topic.

A single post in /dsg/ would be enough, but you fail to see that and go for the autism choice of posting a WHOLE FUCKING THREAD of something we already knew.

>IT WASNT CONFIRMED
Literal autism
>>
>>337136006
Can you read? I know it's hard but try again. Protip: go back further than one reply.
>>
>>337134827
This.

The new super armor mechanic combined with the old poise mechanic would make the game borderline unplayable. From knew what they were doing when they changed poise into super armor, because the end result is a huge improvement. The only people who want poise back are the biggest shitters imaginable, people who can't even learn how to manage their timing and spacing well enough to take advantage of the already extremely powerful hyper armor mechanic.
>>
>>337131520

Bullshit. There's no way a game developer as big as From fucked up something this big unintentionally.
>>
I have but one question. What is hyper armor ? There is nothing explaining it in the game.
>>
>>337136054
>assumptions
wew lad
>>
File: 1373226183203.jpg (869 KB, 5000x3712) Image search: [Google]
1373226183203.jpg
869 KB, 5000x3712
>>337134904
>janitors can only delete comments and images

laffo @ this redditor
>>
>>337136192
>There is nothing explaining it in the game.
WELCOME TO DARK SOULS GAME MECHANICS.

Anyway I believe hyper armor is the name for certain frames during attacks (usually with special moves from heavy weapons) where your character can't be staggered.
>>
>>337136142
Can YOU read? Cause I went back to the prior reply again and reread it.
The prior post is talking about how customer service is a "great" source of what is going to be happening in a game's development.
The reply is asking for a link to contact From directly, which is retarded, but less so thn you because you jumped from Developer to Publisher for no reason.
>>
I really wanted to use Morne's Great Hammer and Shield and wear his armor set or Havel's, but it seems like it's going to require 40+ Vitality, which is completely useless when you could just put into HP instead.

Why the fuck did they make Vitality so useless and what should I do?
>>
>>337135804
>people want armors to not be useless and have more build options
pvp is cancer anyway
>>
>>337136192
L2 then R1 or R2, for Infinite Poise while doing Hyperarmour attaks.

It's weapon art GS, UGS and Dark Sword and some other Hard hitters.
>>
>>337131520
Why is it never possible to contact someone responsible either for the decision to fix the bug or an actual programmer that could potentially fix the bug? Why is it always the community manager in the other side of the world to answer? At least make the community manager work along side the development team.
>>
>>337136192
Hyper armor makes all attacks with heavy weapons unstaggerable, provided that you're in the attack animation while being hit. Basically it means that you have 0 poise before you swing, 99 poise while you're swinging, and 0 poise again after you're done swinging. It means that heavy weapon users finally have to learn the basics, instead of just running up to any enemy and mindlessly trading like in DaS1.
>>
>>337136351
>>337136305
Ok thanks
>>
>>337136313
Holy shit dude I can't even comprehend how stupid you must be. I'm not even going to bother explaining it further because you wouldn't understand it anyway. Shouldn't you be in school right now?
>>
>>337136321
But with Poise every Armourwith Low Poise will be useless, your comment is retarded even on cosmic levels.
>>
>>337136425
>I have no rebuttal to getting blown the fuck out, so I'm going to call him stupid and underage.
>>
>Italian bamco support

they literally know nothing of the development nigger.
>>
>>337136552
Yeah dude you definitely won the argument and aren't a complete idiot.
>>
>>337136110
Are you even thinking before you type? It's new information, you can go cry about it if you don't like being informed about these issues, it also confirms it's going to be patched you retard.
And The initial question question here isn't even about wether or not it should exist, it's that you're sperging out just because of a source.
>>
>>337136656
Have a wonderful day, Anon. I honestly hope you do.
>>
>>337136067
straight swords and estoc get shit on by any great weapon
>>
>>337136552
>can't contact from
>someone contacts foreign support team asking about design decisions
>Yeah they're totally a legit source of information because you can't contact from directly

Is it really that hard to understand?
>>
>>337135160
the more i think about this the more i think it's okay.

i mean sure you could increase your poise by just adding a dragonslayer greatbow, but it makes the equip load stat a dedicated def stat which i'm fine with.
>>
>>337136663
>Reddit as source
>no confirmation from FROM for it being patched
>no confirmation for what is being patched
Yeah, sure, go cry some more, OP

This isn't news worhty a thread because it says NOTHING
>>
>>337136765
What game are you playing, anon?
>>
>>337136951
literally a fact
>straight sword shitter tries to r1 on you
>you trade with hyper armor and get 2 hits and they're one hit from dead now
>>
>>337136951
That anon is right though. Light weapon users have to work twice as hard to fight heavy weapon users compared to fighting a fellow light weapon. Hyper armor and high damage give any huge weapon a big advantage over anything light.
>>
Poise is shit anyway and the game is better off without it. Casuals are just mad they have to use some skill and good timing to do anything but longsword spam R1.
>>
>>337136951
You don't PvP at all, do you? If someone exists who can actually use his GS or UGS or Hammer/Mace whatever preciseley with some timing, no one is gonna win. They even adjusted GS and UGS with the first patch
>>
File: hmm.jpg (42 KB, 272x262) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
42 KB, 272x262
>>337135595
>>Reapers I assume?
>>
>>337135160
they should make poise scale with equip load similar to attack stats. otherwise there would be naked people with high poise just because they carry multiple weapons
>>
>>337136918
>Implying I'm OP
>Can't into thread watcher
Yea, no, again, lurk moar. You can doubt it if you want, I'm contacting support right now too, but it isn't invalidated because of your skepticism.
>>
>>337137358
actually, scratch that. that would punish heavy armor for investing in vitality. poise should scale with exact weight value.
>>
>>337137004
Not him, just reminded of something that happened yesterday.
I play a variety of builds and decided to try something not viable late-game, Hybrid Caster/Melee Pyromancer with Scythes.
I'm getting pissed cause I'm up to 20 runs of trying to kill Prince Lothric
>Start summoning cause I'm sick and tired of this shitty fight cause lolno poise and shit damage
>Ember up at Bonfire, then go up and sprint across bridge past enemies
>Third Embered run, get invaded halfway through, figure he's behind me
>She's actually in front of me and wielding that bigass candle hammer thing
>Keeps backing up towards the boss door like a faggot thinking I'm gonna Estoc spam them so they can 2 shot me
>Try to grab 2 Phantoms and get past her
>As I summon 2nd Phantom she just 2 shots me, catching me in a dodgeroll some-fucking-how
>You died!
I just want Poise, for fuck's sake. I don't give a shit about PVP and faggots who have less courtesy than 90% of Johannesburg.
>>
>people unironically want to turn the game into Havelmonster 3: Still Can't Stagger Me

Just kill yourself now
>>
>>337131520
The real mistake is making it possible for any person to heal without being stopped as long as they are 1 inch outside of your weapon reach.

It just makes every fight a war of attrition.
>>
>>337135618
You misunderstand me.
"Shitposting", "board culture", whatever, is part of what makes /v/, and 4chan as a whole, unique. Whoever, /v/ is not JUST for shitposting, and the moment actual discussion is shat on just because "/v/ is for shitposting" it's the moment you know something went wrong.
This thread is not a good example of it, but I've seen plenty of cases in which actual insight is dismissed simply because "lol /v/ is for shitposting why even bother, go to [other site] if you want good discussion", which is the reason I was asking you to kill yourself if you believe that to be true because that's something legitimately pushed by newfags who don't know any better. 4chan is not, and shouldn't, be a place that takes itself seriously, but it's a nice place to discuss "serious" matters for the direct, honest opinions you get, and just as good for the nerd fun on the side
>>
>>337136397
Hyper armor is retarded when the game has such shitty netcode, not only that, but this isn't fucking street fighter
>>
>>337137629
>What are Lloyds
You get the ashes to purchase them in unlimited numbers fairly early, too.
>>
>>337137419
>BAMCO SUPPORT
>FROM SOFTWARE
>Publisher and Developer

You literally don't get the point.
What does this have to do with lurking in any way? Don't off topic me.

And even if it will be patched, it will be what this anon said>>337136096
>>
>>337137629
Undead Hunter Charms, Anon. If they back off, you chuck these and if they go for a sip, they can't sip anymore, so you can pound on them for the next 2 minutes.
>>
>>337137590
>has trouble with lothric
>summons for bosses
>too blind to see obvious shortcuts
>wants poise back

it's like pottery
>>
>>337137946
Actually, I was too lazy to switch to the closer elevator, I found the Slab there too.
It's my fault overall, but I still hate invaders.
>>
>>337131520
>pose confirmed broken

Bare-assed MilkyFlynnLeo+Estoc+Grass Crest superiority.
>>
>>337138086
>grass crest

Confirmed shitter
>>
>>337138086
>Flynn

Its shit in this game lol.
>>
>>337137946
So you didn't read his post?
"I play a variety of builds and decided to play something that is really shitty"
>Pyromancer with wide spread stats, probably using a Reaper too
>After 20 runs start summoning
>Shortcut
Got me there.
>Wants poise back
>He doesn't want more viable builds
>>
>>337137706
This thread has no reason of existence, it could've been a post on /dsg/, and /v/ after GG has no place for qualitiy disscussion. You just said it here >lol /v/ is for shitposting why even bother, go to [other site] if you want good discussion

There is actual people that think that and use it as b2.0, hence all the filename, LOL and hype threads.

/v/ a shit and the only quality disscussion is late knight america early morning yuro in the middle of the week. Everything else is shitposting.
>>
>>337138189
fuck

>>337138185
what's worse: drang or fallen knight?
>>
>>337138264
adding poise would reduce the number of viable builds significantly.
>>
>>337138318
Fallen knight for sure
>>
>>337138305
Grown-ups are talking. Put your phone away during class.
>>
>>337138318
Drang has a badass cape, why would it be shitter tier.
>>
>>337138403
It's edgier, but whenever I see shitters wearing Drang armor I just know, deep in my brain's heart, they are DS2 fags just happy they finally were able to have the full Llewellyn set. Or game of thrones cosplayers.
>>
>>337138347
How do you figure? Cause currently it's 1 of 2 melee builds: Really bigass weapon and always hyper armor for 1-2 hit kills with the lightest/no armor to allow you to medium roll or really light weapon and light/no armor for fast rolling and just whittle the enemy.
Poise means people with lighter/medium weapons can also wear some armor and take a hit or 2 instead of just "You can't stop my attack, move or die!" and "Stab!" roll "Stab!" roll "Stab!" "UHC no sip for you!" "Stab! kill!"
>>
Does hyper armor exist in greatswords?
>>
>>337138427
Good argument, b2.0, how does being "grown-up" make you better in any way?

You wasted more times into videogames? Great, son!
>>
>>337138663
See weapon description, it's a weapon art

But you might need to prepare yourself, reading is required.
>>
>>337137761
>>337137912
Fair enough but what do I do when all they do is run around for the next two min doing nothing but dodging?

I mean, I can always get a hit or two in but it's nearly fucking impossible to kill someone who's running so much.
>>
File: xzibit notices your upset.jpg (47 KB, 319x243) Image search: [Google]
xzibit notices your upset.jpg
47 KB, 319x243
>>337138751
lol I didn't think that would actually get a response, but here we are.
>>
t. Bamco Italy
>>
>>337138883
If they're running alot, you need to switch up tactics and outplay their moves so you can hit them between dodges.
Also, if they stop having white mist on them and go for a sip, you UHC again and repeat. Try to push them into a corner/tighter area if possible so they can't run about like a retard as much.
>>
>>337138846
No faggot, I mean with regular swings like UGS
>>
>>337138903
>lol i baited him with my shitpost
I hope you had fun at least
>>
>>337139080
But Hyperarmour doesnt exist in regular swings, are you a faggot?
>>
>>337131520
>taking the answer of a PR seriously
>directly linking to reddit

i thought we were better than that
>>
>>337132307
.................I know...........reddit Should be banned!!!!
>>
File: 1-1.webm (3 MB, 1196x786) Image search: [Google]
1-1.webm
3 MB, 1196x786
>>337139117
I did. Thank you. I hope you enjoyed ur posting experience!
>>
>>337139259
Yes it does. Have you never used or fought against a heavy weapon?
>>
>>337139259
lol have you even played this game
>>
>>337139708
>>337139469
Not him but I could swear I was flinching/getting flinched using ultra weapons in the first few days of the game which made me switch out to straight sword.

Maybe that's where he's getting his information.
>>
>>337139469
>>337139708
I fought agaisnt Profaned GS today and i instantly staggered him with my Rapier while his failed R1.

Must be netcode then, but i only encountered it when people use it with weapon art.
>>
>>337140091
Heavy weapon attacks still have startup frames that they can be knocked out of. The hyper armor doesn't apply until their damage frames begin. You were probably fighting an R1 shitter that didn't know how to utilize his weapon properly.
>>
>>337139910
>>337140091
As far as I can tell, outside of weapon arts, hyper armor only seems to activate in certain frames during the attack.

This doesn't include the windup, only the actual swing, so in order to make full use of it you actually have to time your swings earlier
>>
File: 1372845138847.png (598 KB, 882x708) Image search: [Google]
1372845138847.png
598 KB, 882x708
>tfw having a hard time discerning between GS/UGS for parrying

I know UGS are fatter and slightly longer but shit like astora looks the same
>>
File: 1456455478434.gif (974 KB, 500x352) Image search: [Google]
1456455478434.gif
974 KB, 500x352
>Allready 100% it yesterday
>Planning on taking a break until DLC
>NOW They release a Poise Fix

T-Thanks From...
>>
>>337140937
Nah, if adding poise to the game was as simple as just "turning it on" they would have done it already, if they actually wanted to.

It's gonna need a significant rework to be balanced with super armor
>>
>>337140937
Not fixed yet, unfortunately.
>>
why is reddit so pathetic? i swear, all the fuckers on there think that their shitposting and complaining on whatever subreddit actually has an impact

>My guess is that so many people have contacted them complaining, they now how to rework the system and pretend it was an accident
>>
>>337132307
>F*cking hell
Sigh...
*Slowly floats up into the air, dark pulses of energy eminating from my hands, as dark orbs encircle me8
We don't talk like this here.
Leave..
Or else i'll make you leave.
>>
>>337141298
To be fair, some Subreddits have an impact. Although it's usually mob mentality and fanboyism, it works on occasion. AN obvious one being Path of Exile, Grinding Gear Games listens to their community and does allow their choices to be influenced, just a tiny bit, on occasion with regards to events .
But yeah, 99% of all vidya Subreddits accomplish nothing.
>>
Remember that everybody you see complaining about how badly poise breaks the game is the moron who walked straight into zweihander swings trying to r1 with a scimitar and were so ass busted that they now have to authoritatively denounce poise at any chance they get
>>
>>337141625
/thread
>>
File: lottery.jpg (256 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lottery.jpg
256 KB, 1280x720
Tips and tricks for playing pyro in ds3?
Using the astora straight sword and putting points into vigor since I won't find the pyro merchant for another 1-2 hours.
>>
>>337132307
>reddit and dank meme souls

Sounds about right anon.
>>
>>337141852
PvP or PvE?
>>
>>337141464
WHY HAVENT YOU TELEPORTED BEHIND HIM YET?
>>
>>337141852
>1-2 hours
Undead Burg, go to the Pyre with all the guys, go along bridge, through buildings, open door, cross bridge and drop down to the right, bonfire, climb building, talk to dude in cage.
>2 hours?
And then you want to kill the Abyss Watchers in Farron Keep and go down to the Smouldering Lake off the Catacombs to find a Pyromancy tome there.
From there, it's smooth sailing with the Great Chaos Fire Orb.
>>
>>337141914
For pve, please.
>>
File: Dark Souls 3 PvP.webm (2 MB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls 3 PvP.webm
2 MB, 1280x718
>>337131520
But when are they going to fix ganksquads?
>>
To be perfectly honest the reply reads like standard fare customer support tripe the level 1 peons tell people about bugs they don't actually know or care about.
They barely acknowledge the issue, it's not a promise of any real sort.
>>
>>337142219
>16 STR/18 DEX/40 INT/40 FAI
>Chaos Astora Greatsword (has A/A scaling, will put you at over 500 AR)
>Great Chaos Fire Orb
>Swamp/Witch/Fire Clutch/Sages rings

Whatever other pyromancies you want to use are up to you, but I recommend Sacred Flame and Fire Whip at least.
>>
>>337142252
This actually fits rather well, backstab and all.
>>
File: 1457823843527.jpg (98 KB, 890x624) Image search: [Google]
1457823843527.jpg
98 KB, 890x624
>They're turning poise back on

Bad idea. Having no poise and reducing stunlock means that you have to time your swings correctly as a heavy armor user and gets you out of swings of a straight sword early.
>>
>>337142721
Except nobody uses heavy armor, cause the only weapons with Hyper Armor have extremely high weights, so to medium roll they supplement with lighter/no armor.
Armor is basically useless except for fashion.
>>
>>337142881
>Armor is basically useless except for fashion.

As it should be.

aesthetic > functionality
>>
>>337142252
They're called invasions, not "let's play PvP lol".
You invade, you take what you get like a man.

If you and your friends like to have fun with their wiki PVP builds, you form a squad and rape invaders.
It's been like this sin Demon's Souls. It's the Souls multiplayer ecosystem. Too bad if you're getting only teams.
But there are ways to beat teams.
>>
>>337131520
Roll roll attack
>>
>>337142980
>>337142881
Have fun with no mitigation
>>
How do I get rid of pvp anxiety? Every time I fight someone it feels like my heart is coming out of my chest, more so with multiple opponents.
>>
I'll believe it when I see it.
>>
>>337143063
You don't need it, PVP is all about fast or hard.
You either kill them in 1-2 hits or you deal many hits quickly. Nothing else works.
Mitigation just means you either deal less damage so you aren't fat rolling or you fat roll/can't roll which means it's insanely easy to hit you and you take way more hits than fi you had light/no armor.
>>
>>337143063
>getting hit
>ever

Just because you're bad doesn't mean they need to cater to you.
>>
>>337142989
Shut the fuck up 99 out of 100 invasions is a guy with 2 phantoms already up and getting invaded doesn't even disable summon signs anymore. I guess the host having 30% more health, twice as much estus, seed of giants, weapon upgrade restrictions, and invincible roll spam isn't advantage enough for some of you bed wetters? Give me a fucking break
>>
>>337142252
>not beating the shit out of a ganks squad
>getting killed by scrubs that can't fight alone
git gud. gank squads are fun.
even more now that i'm going to blitzkrieg them when they turn on Poise
>>
>>337143240
Well then by your logic, having no mitigation is only doing your opponents job for them, since having a shitty armor getup gives them a free 10-20% damage boost

retard
>>
>>337132307
>/v/ couldn't tell this was a jokepost

reddit is actually better at this point
>>
>>337142540
Cheers, notes taken.
>>
>>337143458
>10-20% damage boost to your opponent
>Instead of a 200% increased damage taken from having "better" armor
Turn poise on and I'd agree with you, but as is, armor is almost useless.
>>
Aw yeah, time to go full Tarkus.
>>
>>337142540
>16/18 Str/Dex
>Same requirements as a Great Corvian Scythe
Well, I know what I'm swapping to when I get tired of doing no damage.
>>
>>337131520
It makes you recover from attack more quickly instead of withstanding them in Dark Souls 3
>>
>>337143723
The best part of the AGS is that it only has a weight of 8, which is ridiculously lightweight for a UGS. The charge seems to have a decent phantom reach in PvP as well. As far as things go for a build where your weapon is an afterthought it's pretty amazing.
>>
>>337143918
That's reasonable.
>>
>>337143918
Is this a suggestion or actually how you think it works? If the latter, do you have a source?
>>
>>337137591

LOL this.
>>
>lol u don't need poise cuz hyperarmor
>shit that doesn't even activate until after the windup
Nothing like having every single attack interrupted because there's nothing there to help me while I'm winding up.

They need to make poise go off weapon and armor weight together somehow. Prevent faggots from going full Havel's with DEX weapons.
>>
>>337133038
cheat engine my man
>>
>>337137591
>>337144591
>WHY CAN'T I SPAM THIS SHORT SWORD INTO A ZWEIHANDER?!
>>
>Bamco
Yeah, not happening. Hyper armor is here to stay, seems like you'll have to learn timing and spacing for once.
>>
Poise is trash. Why would you want it back?
>>
>>337144704
>WHY CAN'T I JUST WEAR THE HEAVIEST ARMOR IN THE GAME AND NEVER HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT BEING HIT?!
>>
>>337144704
I think you're seeing this backwards from how everyone else is.
>>
>>337144748
>seems like you'll have to learn timing and spacing for once

Oh you mean like you shitters had to learn spacing and timing to avoid big weapon stunlocks when poise was a thing? Oh wait. that never happened, you didn't learn anything you kept walking into those ultra weapon swings thinking you could trade using some sissy weapon and bitched and complained about artificial difficulty
>>
>>337145006
That's exactly the problem, you're all Ds2 pants shitters

>>337144902
see
>>337141625
>>
>>337145043
>Oh you mean like you shitters had to learn spacing and timing to avoid big weapon stunlocks when poise was a thing? Oh wait. that never happened
Right, because I could just soak it up and setup a backstab thanks to poise.
>>
Poise needs a cooldown mechanic. Having it just like 1 is nearly as big a mistake as having no poise. But having 0 poise at all even with armor out the ass is dog shit retarded.
>>
>>337145174
>>337141625
Wouldn't poise just exacerbate that problem? I'm a bit confused as to what side you're advocating for.
>>
>>337142252
webm is eerily accurate. Red Phantoms are now the true unsung heroes. Trying to balance FROM's abomination that is co-op Phantom armies and defend the helpless stage mobs from 4 man rape squads.

I used to sympathize with hosts in earlier Souls games but invaders have to put up with so much bullshit that my sympathies have completely reversed.
>>
>>337131520

>Winged Knight Cosplay build will finally be more viable

Now I'll only have wasted most of my points on 1 useless stat instead of wasting it on 2 useless stats.
>>
>>337145298
That never happened, you didn't have enough poise to tank the 2 ultra weapon swings hitting you as you tried to strafe around
>>
>>337145509
Only need to tank one.
>>
>>337145675
and then the guy spins 180 degrees with the next swing and you're stunlocked

good strategy
>>
>>337145964
Are you talking about 2 here? Because 1's ultra weapons were never that fast and anyone who spent time on 2 is literally retarded.
>>
>>337143548
>>337142540
>>337142219
https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/12836

There you go, anon. Have fun.
>>
>>337145421
DaS3 already calculates poise in a weird way. It has percent-based diminishing returns as opposed to linear stacking, giving poise a hard cap of 100. Additionally, the heaviest chest armor only gives 17 poise, non-chest armor gives far less, and methods that increase your maximum equip load have been heavily nerfed. If poise were enabled, it would almost not have any issues like it did in DaS1. I say almost because the Wolf Ring exists.
>>
>>337133628
I really don't get the whole I hate reddit meme. It's just another website. If you don't like it don't use it
>>
File: 1430349004584.jpg (8 KB, 179x172) Image search: [Google]
1430349004584.jpg
8 KB, 179x172
>>337135804
>>337135804
This is the stupidest fucking meme.
As of RIGHT NOW, no poise means slow weapons are at a COMPLETE disadvantage in all regards.
>b-but muh hyperarmor
Yes, my absurdly slow attack has a small window of invincibility, this means that the only way I can actually fight without getting stunned by lolpoise is if I bait someone into falling into my REALLY SLOW trap. If a guy with a fast weapon literally just stands on a GS user's dick, the GS can't do ANYTHING to punish because his slow attacks will get interrupted or rolled out of.

What's even worse is that no poise is what makes gank squads so unbearable, no hyper armor will save you against 3 flailing retards which will permastunlock with overlapping swings. If you had poise you could at least fight back against gank squads.

Anyone retarded enough to think the lack of poise will only benefit fast weapons is just wrong, period.
>>
>>337149263
>I really don't get the whole I hate reddit meme

It's been going on ever since Reddit was a brand new thing, newfag. Most hatred towards Reddit was and is targeted at the perceived audience and the potential poisoning of the watering well that could occur if Redditors started coming here, because >LOL SEKRITT CLUB XD ANONYMOOSE IS LEEGUN

So I wouldn't worry about it, because it isn't going to stop. Used to be targeted at Ebaumsworld and the likes before Reddit was a thing.
>>
>>337136161
People are playing around hyper armor now and using gimmicky scimitar oneshot builds that would have otherwise been prevented with poise
>>
>>337145675
>>337146402
>talking about DaS1 poise like it fucking matters
das1 was a broken mess of a game that took a dozen patches just to stabilize
t. guy in antiquated skirt, fog ring, with a crystal magic ring shield, pyromancy glove, tranquil walk of peace and a lightning zweihander in its prime
>>
>>337151606
It's the only game that matters before 3, so yeah.
>>
You and reddit are sort of like 2 betamales competing for my attention. If you want to keep me around you better start getting news earlier again, it's honestly all you're good for.
>>
>>337135595
Because Carthas Rough exists. It turns a normal weapon into a bleed weapon, and a fast bleed weapon into a death weapon, if the enemy can bleed.
Good examples is stuff like Sulyvahn's Beast. They bleed for a mere 400 per pop, but has no bleed resistance. So they bleed to 2 hits from a bleed roughed weapon.

Now, a lot of bosses has the same retarded bleed resitance we are used to. I.E Prince Lothric is 5 hits at 60 bleedup for 500 damage. Most bones are even more immune.
>>
>>337150634
Ebaums stole content and slapped that shitty watermark on everything, that was the whole point people hated there
Reddit is a cesspool
4chan shares a userbase with Reddit
Go figure
Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.