[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Demons Souls Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 256x295) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 256x295
Playing through this game for the first time and it's pretty great. Only ever played bloodborne but I'm loving this. Any tips? Going for a dex knight character and have completed 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 3-1, and 4-1. What do I do next? What weapon should I get/use?
>>
>>337131071
You should use whatever weapon you are comfortable with and upgrade them from time to time. You might as well do 5-1 next to get a taste of every archstone. But 5-2 is one of the hardest levels, be wary.
>>
>>337131071
soul arrow everything for maximum cheese
>>
>>337131571
do bosses get harder? the only one that's even killed me is the armored spider, but he did fuck me up repeatedly.
also so far i thought the first level in tower of latria was ridiculously hard, it seems like its clearly meant for ranged characters/magic users
>>
>>337131815
>do bosses get harder?
Yeah, it depends. I won't spoil you. But 5-2 really is a hellhole, not because of the boss.

>also so far i thought the first level in tower of latria was ridiculously hard, it seems like its clearly meant for ranged characters/magic users
Every area is designed to be weak to some tactics and offers something specific. The tower of latria is great when you are interested in magic and magic weapons, also weapons that cause poison. But holy characters thrive in 5-1 and so forth.
>>
>>337131815
Bosses do get harder, you have yet to do any of the ones that give people a hard time. However, Bloodborne should have gotten you more than prepared enough for them. I would say do 2-2 next, since, if I recall correctly, the boss souls there can be given to the blacksmith in 2-1 and he'll be able to upgrade stuff better. 2-2 is quite a massive area though, but it also has an incredibly fast shortcut to the boss. I'd recommend doing the area and picking up all the stuff you can find, then shortcutting your way to the boss if you die to it.
>>
Go do 5-1&2 5-2 is easy if you follow the fence along the right hand side.
>>
>>337132417
I was wondering if bloodborne was what is making this game seem comparatively easy. Which game do people generally think is harder overall?
>>
>>337131071
I apologise in advance for the poor tips, but last time I've played was long time ago, and I'm not in the condition to check anything atm

Remember to get the help from Bjorr with the Penetrator because the damage of a dex character can be poor; somewhere in the mines there's a very powerful sword with fire damage on it, I don't remember precisely where though sorry; good luck with the swamp: the more advanced levels are all on very tight ladders and catwalks so pay extreme caution when dodging. Take some levels in magic too because that shit can be very powerful. Uhm, what else... If you can learn the right attack and movement patterns you'll even be able to farm enemies a little tougher such as the dark skeleton Knight or even stronger fucker in the different areas using mid-early equipment.

Oh, and take your time to know deeply the NPC. Some of them are REALLY worth your time, trust me.
>>
File: iVuICkR.webm (538 KB, 726x500) Image search: [Google]
iVuICkR.webm
538 KB, 726x500
>>337132773
i find bloodborne harder than demons souls
>>
>>337132773
It's tricky to really quantify, since the better you get at one game in the series, the better you tend to get at the others. Bloodborne is definitely more difficult than Demon's Souls though. If we bring Dark Souls 1/2/3 into it, it gets tricky. If I had to rank them, from hardest to least, I'd probably say that they get harder with each new one. So even though I didn't have any trouble with DaS3 (since I extensively played every other game before it), I'd say it's the hardest of them, followed by Bloodborne and so on.
>>
>>337132773
The answer is: the one you begin with. Seriously, each one of them will feel comparatively easier and easier.
>>
>>337133421
yee , the first game you played will always be the hardest
>>
>>337132943
where do i even learn spells? i have a catalyst but i have no fucking clue how to use it
>>
>>337133654
You get more int and then talk to the haughty wizard in the nexus. That guy that calls you a dumb brute or something like this.
>>
>>337133654
You must meet and rescue either one or both the wizards NPC of the game you'll find them if you pay attention to your surroundings and they will teach you how to use magic spells. It works similarly to D&D (you have to choose and prepare in advance your spells) but with magic points luckily enough.
>>
>>337132773

Demon's Souls is probably the easiest just due to grass use. Dark Souls 2 is just as sloppy about its healing resource management but only Demon's Souls has an infinite amount of instant healing items.

With that said, it probably has the biggest leap in NG+ and PBWT difficulty, and some of the biggest difficulty spikes in general. Just try fighting Doran and watch your HP bar drain to nothing in a single combo.
>>
>>337133531
Except for Demon's Souls. That game is easy as fuck except for Maneaters which took me 60 tries, around 40 before I took a break for a few months and 20 more when I came back to it Still the hardest boss IMO.
>>
>>337134034
i have two wizards in the nexus but one of them just calls me dumb and the other says hes too old to be helpful
>>
>>337134292
What was your build? I thought Maneaters were challenging but they only took me 3 or 4 tries on my STR/DEX/Faith Spearman. Not bragging, just curious why people seem to have a lot of trouble with them.
>>
>>337134292
Demons was the most brutal one for me but mostly because it was my first and DaS wasn't even out yet. Took me a week to complete 1-1. Those two guys in armor after going through those two dark rooms were a boss battle for me.
Maneaters still give me trouble to this day.
>>
>>337134630
increase your INT
and the other guy does miracles I think, so you probably need more faith.
>>
I cry every night knowing DeS will never be completed.
>>
>>337135212
what do you mean?
>>
Don't use any stones of epheremeral eyes you find - you will probably be fucked out of pure white on a first run but pure black is doable.
>>
>>337135471
The broken arch stone and unused area and enemies on the disc.
>>
>>337135471
Do you know that broken stone in the nexus (the one leading to the giant's land)? Well that area was meant to be included, but due to publisher's deadline it became cut content. This is the most notable example, but I can safely assume that the entirety of the cut content may be exponentially bigger.
>>
>>337135471
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA9c01YsEFM
>>
>>337134686
I don't remember exactly. I think I was still using the basic equipment from the temple knight (best class in the series) which was pretty OP.
>>
>>337136251
what the fuck, this looks so cool!
>>
>>337136251
What's up with From and cut content?
>>
>>337137540
I can only imagine what the bosses were suppose to be. Shit like this fascinates me. If they could've finished that area Demons would be higher on my list.
>>
File: 1459798583476.png (353 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1459798583476.png
353 KB, 1024x576
>>337137540
Pretty fucking big too. It is the land of giants after all. There was supposed to be giant wolf barbarians in that level.
>>
>>337138949
Because they're developers who care about their games, and want to make them as best as they can. Unfortunately, deadlines, budgets and the otherwise more business aspect of game development forces them to release before they're finished.
>>
>>337139152
>I can only imagine what the bosses were suppose to be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCWI4axfQHw
You can see the enemies in this vid and guess which are the bosses.
>>
>>337139410
Holy fuck
I want all of that. That's awesome. God damn it From. Remake this shit now.
>>
File: 1403137853876.jpg (59 KB, 372x266) Image search: [Google]
1403137853876.jpg
59 KB, 372x266
>>337136251
>>337139410
You will never get lost exploring the finished maze/temple of Northern Limit 1...

The animal people look pretty stupid though
>>
File: Reaction 9.jpg (10 KB, 306x244) Image search: [Google]
Reaction 9.jpg
10 KB, 306x244
>those giant stick figures that shoot laser beams that kill you in 1-hit through your shield in world 5
>>
>>337140478
I've never been one shotted by that laser with a shield up. I still have no idea how to avoid it though.
>>
>>337140319
I think the wolf people look dope but the owl guy looks funny. I can see how it can be unsettling though.
>>
>>337140747
>I still have no idea how to avoid it though.
Roll.
Kill the reaper beforehand
>>
>>337140902
How can you kill the reaper beforehand when he's hiding around a corner and you have to go through laser faces to get to him? Also where do you roll on those narrow paths down?
>>
>>337141308
>How can you kill the reaper beforehand when he's hiding around a corner and you have to go through laser faces to get to him?
I don't remember the exact spots, but you can snipe every reaper with a bow before you have to kill one of his lanky minions. I know that I did this, even that last one that is hiding a bit behind the corner.
>>
Does anyone like Demon's Souls more than Dark Souls? After having started this and played Bloodborne, I'm unsure if I should really dive into three more games with similar gameplay. Any recommendations?
>>
>>337142671
I still prefer DeS but DaS is still a damn fine game. No other Souls game does interconnected areas better. It's a 3D metroidvania pretty much.
DaS 2+3 ditch shortcuts between areas and just give you linear paths and bonfire warping from the start. 3 has some pretty good level design though, even if there's absolutely no reason for levels to be connected in that game.
>>
>>337131071
>Any tips?
1. Start the game
2. Take any blunt weapon and go to 4-1
3. Find Crescent Falchion
4. Upgrade soul level just to use the falchion
5. Stop upgrading SL and upgrade only falchion
Profit
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.