[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /v/ feel about Bravely Default and Bravely Second? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 640x640
How does /v/ feel about Bravely Default and Bravely Second? I got Default early for review back when it came out. I loved it and said as much in my review, but I was only able to sink 20 hours into it before deadline. I ended up not going back to it, and not long after I fell out of gaming for awhile. Now that Second is out though, I'm getting the itch to go back and play it and Second. Is Second the time sink required by going back through Default from the beginning?
>>
>>337125880
Default is superior in most ways. It has far better music and bad --but far better writing than BS. BS just went in a very different direction than most people had thought it would from the post game content of BD.

It's a quick cash grab. The developers were forced to re-use way too many assets. Also, the writing is disgutingly bad Yes, I know that I've already mentioned that. Yes, the core gameplay is still solid and was even slightly improved but I just can't go on after ~30 hours or so.
>>
My wife enjoys it. They made battles and leveling up easier it looks like.
>>
why is it called bravely default

"default" means to not pay ones debts
>>
>>337126348

Honestly I don't mind the writing in BS, it is cheesy and all over the place but so it was on Default.

The thing is I love the setting of the bravely games and to get to explore of the world after you save it is interesting. If anything you can look at it as a epilogue of BD.

Also yeah the gameplay is still pretty good, no complains there.
>>
Just finished BS, I thought it was on par with the first game, the story wasn't nearly as compelling but the pacing was a lot better.

Edea still best girl
>>
>>337127665
>If anything you can look at it as a epilogue of BD.

No, the epilogue of BD can be considered its epilogue. BS just took it in a very different direction. They made us think that the sequel would take place in the far distant future, they introduced Magnolia as a very different character, they made it look as if baals would be central to the story etc.

Fucking Square Enix. Instead of doubling down and pumping some more money into the sequel, they cut its budget although the first game was a successful new IP. BS could have been a very good game with completely new asterisk holders and a futuristic setting. Instead everything about it reeks of mediocrity.
>>
>>337127665
Well are there any good music tracks on BS?
>>
>>337128204
>far future
>Tiz and Edea still main characters

are you stupid?
>>
>>337125880
>but I was only able to sink 20 hours into it before deadline

You failed your readership by not making it to the point that the game demands you redo the majority of the fights 4 times over.
>>
>>337128301
You're the one who is stupid. Originally, Edea wasn't supposed to be part of the cast. Only Tiz was supposed to return. Play the first game and do some research.
>>
>>337128448
You mean the special movie?

All that does is show Tiz waking up there's no indication that it was the far future.
>>
>>337127452
The title is based on the battle system. It's fairly simple, so just look it up, senpai.
>>
>>337128613
Yes, there was. Magnolia clearly says: You should be glad to be alive in my time. Or something to that effect. There were more hints but I want go into that now. Also, Square said that the mobile game that came out in Japan would link BD and BS. And guess what? The mobile game is set 200 years or so in the future.
>>
>>337128416

Fucking THIS!

You're a shit reviewer. 20 hours must not have been enough for you to realise watch a shitty, boring grindfest the game was. Mook battles were so stupid in that game. Brave with all characters, kill in one turn, no challenge.

Boss battles were fun. Until you had to fucking redo them over and over.

I don't understand how anyone liked that crap.
>>
>>337128818
>want
*won't
>>
>>337127452

it is a overarching theme in the game, and also the name of its unique battle mechanics
>>
>>337128846
>I don't understand how anyone liked that crap.

You didn't like going back to the bosses to have a cutsy character moment with them? Like going back to the spot where children are murdered and finding the child murderer (in a different timeline) having a tea party with all the other psychotic murderers?

Great writing. Bang up job SE. You fucking hacks.
>>
>>337128818
Or it could be interpreted as her being egotistical.
A mobile game spinoff ever having any merit on series is pretty unheard of so why would anyone ever bother.

In any case it's still on you for setting your expectations that high with little more than conjecture.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.