[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this game actually any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: sdv.jpg (206 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sdv.jpg
206 KB, 1280x720
is this game actually any good?
>>
>>337120856
Bumping because I want to know if it's comfy
>>
>>337121101
>>337120856
It's alright but repetitive and doesn't really have a goal. One of those "you make your own goal" games.

I'd rather play more Terraria, especially for that comfy factor.
>>
oh, you mean harvest moon?
>>
>>337121190
I know nothing about Terraria anon, tell me about it and convince me to buy it.
>>
>>337121929
It's frequently on sale for like $2 or less. I'm surprised that someone hasn't played it by now.

It's kind of Metroidvania meets Minecraft I guess. Buildings are only limited by your creativity in pixel arts. You can find all sorts of stuff by just googling "Terraria creations" or such.
>>
it's pretty comfy, go play it dude
>>
It's okay for about 40 hours then you get bored. The dev plans to add more content though.
>>
>>337123209

Pretty much
I got bored of it around 40 hours too
>>
>>337123209
this
>>
>>337121929
Terraria is good fun. Best to go into it not knowing much. You can get it dirt cheap from time to time.
>>
>>337120856
No, not really.
It doesn't have any of the charm that Harvest Moon has, which it tried to copy.
The town is too big at the start and every person is there which is kinda overwhelming at first. You don't have a nice slow intro into the game where it adds more and more things to do and more people to get to know. You're just thrown into the game and you're expected to know the location of everyone and everything. The first quest if you're unlucky might take you 2-3 ingame days to clear. The freaking introductory quest.

Also unlike Harvest Moon the game feels slugish with sometimes unresponsive controls. The terrain isn't always clear and sometimes you won't know if you can pass through things. You can't pass through some of the crops you plant, but you're never told that nor was there every any indication of that. You just learn it when you try to do it. Yet you can't know which crops until you try.

Also the setting feels more like a small dirty town which you want to run away from and not like a comfy village like Harvest Moon where you want to run to and live your life working, finding a waifu or husbando and live happily ever after.

4/10. They had Harvest Moon and Rune Factory to some extend. Fucking up shit this much is absolutely inexcusable.
>>
>>337125116
There is actually
>grows on trellis
Marked on stuff you can't pass through.

I think it's a nice game considering it was made by one guy. He is patching more stuff in on next update too.
>>
>>337120856
its good for the first 60 hours, then it turns into something you only play on occasion, and even then it's for, like, half an hour at least.
7/10 its pretty good you can marry dudes as a dude
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.