[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we agree that Battleborn died because of its shit art direction?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (551 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
file.png
551 KB, 720x405
Can we agree that Battleborn died because of its shit art direction?
>>
>>337102550
It was dead from the get go. Fucking dumbasses at Gearbox and 2K.
>>
They honestly look the same to me.
>>
Release window killed it. Legitimately should have delayed it for that reason alone.
>>
>>337102550
the artstyle IS pretty terrible desu. wouldnt play because it looks like a generic android app
>>
>>337102550
Battleborn is pretty different to Overwatch.
It is more of a MOBA than a TF2 clone.

Blizzard marketed their shit all over and made the release close to Battleborn on purpose to stomp the competition, that is why you see so many people calling Battleborn an inferior Overwatch even though they are fairly different.

That being said, no way am I playing Battleborn. I really dislike Borderlands and Gearbox in general and the character designs are seriously awful.
>>
My friends bought it, and so I caved an bought it too. I played it on release and I haven't touched it since.
>>
>>337102871
This.
>>
>>337102550
Yes. It seemed like separate artist made characters and slapped them into the game. In Overwatch, every hero has some sort of futuristic feel to them.
>>
File: Gigantic_HorzBanner_Option2.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1026) Image search: [Google]
Gigantic_HorzBanner_Option2.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1026
>>337102550
and somewhere in the corner this game is slowly and quietly dying.
>>
>>337105871
because WINDOWS 10 FUCK YOU
>>
>>337102550
Battleborn died because it did nothing to advertise the game whereas Overwatch was marketed to hell and back. You're not going to compete with a Blizzard game. They really should have delayed it tell September or a month that with devoid of games.
>>
Probably didn't help, but the bigger problem is consistency.

A lot of the individual character designs are pretty nice, but tons of them look like they were created by wildly different artists who didn't bother working together to create a cohesive art style for the game. The only sort of consistency is faction color palettes. Even characters that are supposed to be the same species look like they should exist in different video games.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.