[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
What went right?
>>
Rareware just doing there thing. Also David Wise composing the greatest 16-bif soundtrack ever.
>>
Great music, great atmosphere, great tight feeling levels, better bosses than the first game, better reasons to find everything than the first game.
>>
Everything. This is one of those times were the planets lined up perfectly straight and nothing went wrong.
>>
Fucking everything.
>>
>>337093562
I absolutely think everything went right. Soon I'll start playing DKC3 again. Dropped it every single time I wanted to play it. One thing absolutely triggers me: flies with a chainsaw-bottom? Why no wasps anymore?
I don't know but what went wrong with 3?
>>
>>337093704
>the greatest 16-bif soundtrack ever.
EarthBound exists

>One thing absolutely triggers me: flies with a chainsaw-bottom? Why no wasps anymore?
Because it was set in a new territory and it was an industrial area
>>
>>337093562
Adding substance onto the fundamentals of the first one.
>>
>>337095864
Well you did kill Queen B in the first game and then you killed King Zing in the second. So the zingers went extinct after that and had to be replaced with mechanical wasps.
>>
>>337096253
I respectfully disagree. EarthBound's soundtrack is godly but it's not the GOAT of the 16-bit era.
>>
>>337096806

Oh fuck
>>
>>337096806
Deepest lore, huh.
>>
Literally the only flaw with the game is DK not being playable.
Should have had an extra mode after you complete the game that makes him playable.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73n7HTcmb5g
>>
So how are the new ones?
>>
>>337096806
Whoa
>>
>>337097643
Tropical Freeze is considered as good or better than 2,Returns is more 1st Country level of quality
>>
>>337097643
Returns was kinda lame. Tropical Freeze had David Wise doing the soundtrack so it was the closest we would get to a Rareware-made Donkey Kong Country game so it felt like the old DKC games.
>>
>>337093562
They removed Donkey Kong
>>
DKC2 > DKC3 > DKC1
>>
>>337093562
Music, level design, art, enemies, bosses, challenge, and post game content
>>
>>337097643
i'll tell you one thing, I got no idea how I managed to beat the game, in fact i've got the 3ds version and the only thing i haven't done is the mirror levels because well thats just bullshit

the temple levels were hard enough
>>
>>337098813
3ds version of dong returns*
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 667x667) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 667x667
>>337096253
>>
>>337096253
As much as I adore Earthbound, nah nigga. Almost every single track in DKC2 is a goddamn masterpiece.
>>
>>337095864
3 had a mechanization theme, though. There are several levels involving nature being corrupted, polluted, deforested, industrialized, etc.

Everything starts off all natural, but it slowly turns mechanized. Even the jungle levels had tracks of cables to climb on instead of vines or ropes.
>>
>>337098893
>I don't agree with your post so I'm going to call it bait instead of actually trying to back up my own opinion
Okay.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.