[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FF X-2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: FFX-2.jpg (59 KB, 1000x678) Image search: [Google]
FFX-2.jpg
59 KB, 1000x678
Why is it bad /v/? I've never played it, so I'm just curious
>>
>>337090403

Many fans didn't like the girl power dress up angle, and completionists hated how aggressively unpleasant 100%ing the game was. Most people agree its actual mechanics were good, and it had an absolute glut of side content.
>>
the gameplay is good
>>
File: Massage_minigame.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Massage_minigame.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
The tone of the game is completely different from X, the story sucks, the characters suck, the ending completely ruins X's powerful ending, the opening cutscene is damn near the cringiest Square moment in history, and it has some of the worst minigames I've ever played
Battle system is great though
>>
>>337090546
>>337090746
Gurl power stuff? How did they ruin the characters? I thought that even though, on the surface, the characters of X seemed rediculous, they actually had some depth. And they wrecked them in the sequel? That sucks
>>
>>337091026
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1FkhBGH1io
>>
>>337090403
Battle system is fun as hell, reminds me of FF V, but the mission style gameplay was some of the most boring Final Fantasy gameplay ever.
>>
>>337090746
I liked sphere break
>>
>>337090746
>not liking WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU
>>
>>337091225
No. No. No. No.

WHAT IS THIS FUCKING TRASH? I didn't understand the "gurl power" thing, but it all makes sense now. Holy shit, that might be one of the worst opening cutscenes I've ever had the displeasure of seeing

REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>337091225
I want to impregnate X-2 Rikku
>>
>>337091434
See
>>337091361
>>
>>337090746
>the opening cutscene is damn near the cringiest Square moment in history

This is the gayest thing I've seen in the last 24 hours. And I just came out of /hm/.
>>
>>337091026
They revive Tidus
>>
>Good:
Combat is probably the best FF has ever done.
Cutscenes are pretty good.

>Bad:
Characters are boring.
Minigames are shit.
Incredibly easily broken.
WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU?!
Story's all over the place.
No exploration, not that FF10 had that either, but that doesn't forgive it.

4/10
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 500x320
The gameplay and job system were top notch and the moments between YRP where up there with some of the best scenes from 10. It's not that great, the shuyin and vegnagun shit was stupid but it is still a fun game if you don't expect another game on par with 10. Only people that hate fun hate this.
>>
>>337092207
>Implying they didn't hint that in the after credits scene in X.
>>
>>337092207
How did they FUCK IT UP SO BAD? I expected there to be minor gripes with the game, but this game actually looks like shit. Goddamn
>>
>>337092527
In the novel that takes place after X-2, Tidus kicks an exploding blitzball and gets decapitated
>>
>>337092241
>WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU?!
>bad

No.
Also I kind of enjoyed blitzball going full futbol manager
>>
>>337092691
Well, I'm never playing this game. Here's hoping to FFXV being good (hopefully)
>>
>>337092827

I will admit, managing a blitzball team kinda' grew on me.
>>
>>337092827
I CAN'T HEAR YOU
>>
Absolutely horrid music, the worst music of the series easily.

Story is absolute fucking dogshit and will make you cringe, this is not the type of game you can ever play in front of other people.

That said the battle system is the absolute best in the entire series. The battle system needs to come back.
>>
You have to 100% the game to get the ending, and there's missable shit. it requires a fucking guide to even play the game.
>>
The game had like 3 good songs.

Everything else barring the battle system was BAD, like REALLY bad.

This song was ok though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5BzGwUqGzk
>>
>>337092241
>no exploration
What do you think those side-quests were then?
>>
>>337094958

I don't consider walking in a straight god damn line, over the exact same territory I've already seen in the previous game "exploration".
>>
What I don't get is why the battle system of 10-2 had to go away from the FF series.

I know FF has always tried to mix it up with each game, but the one in FF10-2 really did deserve to be in a proper Final Fantasy game.

FF13 for example, would have been infinitely more fun had it kept FF10-2's system.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.