[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going to be without internet for a few days. What are some of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1457137891846.jpg (95 KB, 600x612) Image search: [Google]
1457137891846.jpg
95 KB, 600x612
Going to be without internet for a few days. What are some of your favorite singleplayer games?

I suppose I should get this thread more posters by making an OP with something inflammatory or stupid, but I don't really feel like it so feel free to react like I said something retarded.
>>
>>337087657
Luigi's Haunted Mansion.
>>
>>337087657
If you've never played it, MOTHER 3 would be good for a couple days.
>>
MOUNT AND BLADE SERIES

MORROWIND
BLAH BLAH BLAH
>>
>>337087657
Sonic Generations is a fun time. Minimal story, Lots of replay-ability if you've got the PC version for mods, but without internet that's kind of a moot point. Still recommended, though.
>>
Old Bioware games, anything before ME2. Obsidian's games aren't bad either.
>>
>>337087657
Beath of Fire 2
Terranigma
Chrono Trigger
Secret of Mana
Metal Gear Rising
Forbidden Siren 2
>>
Rune Factory 4 for a nice time with a ton of content.
La-Mulana if you want to spend hours trying to figure out what to do in that masterpiece. not having internet will only increase the experience
>>
File: 1461787858933.png (645 KB, 568x602) Image search: [Google]
1461787858933.png
645 KB, 568x602
Legend of Mana is easily my favorite game of all time. Great art, fantastic characters, a charming world, a variety of awesome music, and neat gameplay with lots of variety in building weapons, instruments, and more.

Persona 3 FES and Persona 4 Golden are also pretty great. They're just really comfy games to sink into and you can get lost for hours in them. Also SMT mainline like Nocturne is fun if you like dark atmospheres and polished turn-based combat. I've sunk hundreds of hours into SMT and spin-off SMT games. And with Persona 5 and SMTIV Apocalypse coming out there's no better time to jump in.
>>
Give Tempest a shot. Bought it on a whim, will probably rack a couple hundred hours in it. Its like a great HD redesign of Sid Meiers Pirates
>>
>>337087657
Take the opportunity to read a book. It's fun!
>>
>>337090390
I already read books, but I could always get more if you have any recommendations.
>>
Dragon's Crown.
Musou games.
>>
My timesinks are

FFTA
Terraria
DS1

>>337090601
Infinite Jest nigga
>>
>>337090601
First book of the Foundation sage is good and short. Can't vouch for the rest of the series.
>>
>all deez console games
I should mention the only system I have is my PC and an old busted 360 that I don't even think works.

>>337091524
I read the Foundation series, it's all pretty solid though some bits with "psychic" characters kinda throw it off tune to me since the setting doesn't have anything with them until they seemingly come out of nowhere. At least IIRC, it's been years since I read it.
>>
MGS 1/2/3, Ghost Babel and MG2.
Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines
Morrowind
Digital Devil Saga or SMT Nocturne
Devil May Cry 3/4
Doom and Doom WADS

Shit, you have so many games to choose from that I don't even know what you're expecting from this thread.
>>
A Shin Megami Tensei game could last you a good long while easily
>>
>>337087657
Painkiller black edition
>>
Indies I could spend the whole day wasting time on

> Kingdom
> Guild of Dungeoneering
> Factorio
> Project Zomboid
> and such
>>
Xenoblade Chronicles or X. Both are huge timesinks.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.