[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I git gud at Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
How do I git gud at Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition, /v/?

My friend got two copies due to a shipping fuck up, so he gave one to me. Problem is, I haven't touched a fighting game since the 90s, and even then I was a button masher. Now that I'm older, I'd like to try actually fighting with my friend on an even playing field instead of hitting random buttons hoping something happens.
>>
>>337087146
I'm very rarely the type to suggest just not playing a video game, but this is one of those few instances where I have to recommend doing so. Just buy SFV and start worrying about learning that.
>>
>>337087146
Pick Zangeif and map the touch controls to your spinning piledriver and your other specials. If you think fighting games are button mashers, you wouldn't take serious advice anyways.
>>
>>337087319
>If you think fighting games are button mashers, you wouldn't take serious advice anyways.

I said I WAS a button masher. I'd like to not be one anymore. I know there's more to fighting games than mashing buttons; just seeing the shit the CPUs pull off is enough to convince me of that, not to mention videos on youtube.

I just want to be able to fight decently with my bro.
>>
>>337087568
http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Ultra_Street_Fighter_IV

Then here's everything you'd like to know. If that's too much, just do what I said and you'll win in no time.
>>
>>337087852
Thanks m8. Time to pick a character and get to studying.
>>
post more juri feet
>>
>>337087146
I'm almost certain something is wrong with input priority with that version.
>>
>>337087146
Just pick a character you really like playing / who you think looks cool and put some time into the game. Find a BnB you can reliably pull off. The rest of it, at least in my personal experience, just comes naturally with time. Good luck, m8.
>>
>>337087146
pick guile
Map Sonic Boom to touch controls
Map Flash Kick to touch controls.
Map U2 to touch controls
Map Focus attack to touch controls

Proceed to win.
>>
>>337088665
I don't have any more

>>337088971
So far I'm thinking of going with Dudley.
>>
File: GentsOverNigs.jpg (257 KB, 765x990) Image search: [Google]
GentsOverNigs.jpg
257 KB, 765x990
>>337089330
He was my first pick too in Third Strike. In SF4 he's kind of difficult to play and is kind of awkward, but when you're good with him, he's a fucking force.
>>
>>337089846
dudley and ibuki pretty much encapsulates everything wrong with sfiv. Vega too.
>>
>>337090140
How so?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.