[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Deepest Dark Lore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: aldritch1_tc.jpg (317 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
aldritch1_tc.jpg
317 KB, 1920x1080
>Devourer of Gods, plural.
>Devours one god.

Just Saying.
>>
Gwyndolin isn't even a god. What the fuck is wrong with Miyazaki? Did he have a stroke after seeing so many hot memes back in 2012?
>>
He wanted to eat Gods. It's just a cool title you spergs.
>>
>>337085154
The title implies he's able to eat gods, but this fag chooses the weakest god to eat and calls himself "Devourer or Gods".
>>
>>337084950

Wow, Smough really lost his gains didn't he.
>>
>>337085258
Who else was he gonna eat? Chosen Undead didnt leave him much
>>
>>337085385
Smough was still alive apparently. I have no idea what is going on in the story because dudes that were deaded were actually alive after gwyn's defeat.

I think the only canon kills chosen undead even has are the four lord souls.
>>
>>337085385
If he really wanted to be as great as is implied title leads us to believe. This guy should have tracked down every single god that fled and ate them too.

What did this nerd do? He ate the closest available one and made himself a paper-mache face star.
>>
His weapon is Nito's sword on a stick, which he turns into Priscilla's lifehunt scythe for one of the attacks.

I think he got more than gwyndolin
>>
>>337085579
Its Canon that Chosen undead kills only non-optional bosses
Smough was dead
Ornstien was an illusion

>>337085621
He was a blob. Its not like he could move very fast.
>>
>>337085926

Smough was stated to be the last knight to defend the ruined cathedrel.

But Gwyndolin's Ilusions really explain it as they both could have been illusions.
>>
>Faraam armor set is named after a war god and bleesed by him

>Forossa Lion Knights worshiped a war god

>Gwyn's son was a war god

>Gwyn's son ruled over Forossa

>Gwyn destroyed Forossa to remove any traces of his existence as well as any of his worshippers

>Nameless King's real name is Faraam

Mind=Blown
>>
File: 5MjSF1V.jpg (587 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
5MjSF1V.jpg
587 KB, 1920x1080
>>337085913
this he ate more than Gwyndolin
>>
>>337084950
He ate gwen nito and priscila
>>
>>337085621
To be fair, he was mostly just a man eater, then when the bell rung and the lords of cinder revived, Aldrich bitched out to his home base, then when the unkindled fucked up the abys watchers, Aldrich pussies his way to Anor Londo and finds the femboy god.

>>337085054
But he is a god. All of Gwyn's people are gods. The possesors of the lord souls are separate from the gods.
>>
>>337086063
The ruined cathedral is what Anor Londo is refered to as in Dark souls 3.

They refer to it as the name people use in the present time.

Smough wasnt an illusion, its why he feels nothing for killing Ornstien, yet Ornstien is reluctant to take Smoughs soul
>>
>>337085926
I guess, but he somehow got Teleports-McGee.

>>337085913 Trust me I'd like to believe this, I really would. But at the moment it is only conjecture.
>>
>>337086074
evidence?
where is this stated?
>>
>>337086306

Nigger I just made it up on spot and connected the dots, like most lore experts
>>
>>337086278
Why would he have gravelord sword and lifehunt scythe otherwise?
>>
>>337085579
Smough died defending anor londo
>>
>>337085913
Haha will this meme ever die? Nito is long gone he was killed the chosen undead. He isn't using Nito's anything the blade at the end is not real go back and watch what happens when he dies plus it looks nothing like Nito's bladed arm. Also dragon wiafu is in the painted world that's why it says Aldrich dreamed of her not actually consumed her. So much autism surrounding Aldrich it's crazy.
>>
>>337086231

He felt no remorse because he was a maniac, that isn't a point at all.

And pretty sure Smough was killed by Irythll guys like pontif and devoured by aldrich being that you get his armor after you beat him.
>>
>>337086421
Nito was already dead, killed by the chosen undead. If anything, he got there after he died and gobbled up the bits and took his sword.
>>
>>337086231
Awww shit Smough was a good boy all along

Atlest if ignoring all bone crushing and shit
>>
>>337086396
The "gods" of Gwyns family are not connected to the actual gods.

Gwyns family were gods in title, due to the strength of Gwyns soul. The Gods you see on the Name engraved ring in Dark Souls 2, those are the actual gods of the Souls universe, notice how Gwyn isnt on it?
>>
>>337086421

Lifehunt Scythe states he dreamed of Pris as he was eating Gwyndolin, and developed the miracle from it. Miracles are stories that unravel some sort of divine spell, so it's possible he only knew of her and her ability, as made a magic tale of it.

As for Nito, is that really the Gravelord sword? I haven't seen them both side by side, and Aldrich is a blob of things he's eating so maybe it's such similar looking.
>>
>>337086421
Maybe he ate the sword and it became a usable part of his mass. But Nito, yeah. He dead.
>>
>>337086306
>spoonfeed me im a retard who didnt read items
>>
>>337086685
Das 2 isnt canon...
>>
>>337086196
>But he is a god. All of Gwyn's people are gods

God being just an operative title? What worlds did he create? What reality did he govern?

He couldn't even change his gender and was eaten by some primordial blobmonster.
>>
>>337086685
Velka and Fina aren't on there either. It may come as surprise that different countries worship different gods.
>>
>>337086969
Gods in Dark Souls aren't almighty. Hell, most gods outside of Judeo-Christianity are falliable and have weaknesses.
>>
>>337086685
I can believe it. It's just like Aldrich, Spewer of Lies.
>>
Just beat DaS, can someone direct me to a good summary of the fucking story?
>>
>>337086852
But the gods are, evident by the statue in the sewers being one of the gods on the ring.
>>
>>337087004
>>337086685

We should also take in to consideration that not every nation refers to the gods by the same name in a way similar to Roman and Greek Gods
>>
>>337086759
You have the responsibility of backing up claims with proof. I don't believe you, nor do I have the motivation to go back and read every bit of text and dialogue in the game to back up whatever drivel you put forth.

I could say that Snuggly the crow is Gwyn's firstborn. The proof is in the item descriptions, don't ask me to spoonfeed you.
>>
>>337086852

Things in Dark souls 2 are directly referenced in 3, main thing right off the bat is the crown.
>>
>>337087113
Read wiki, Watch Youtube lore videos. Look for it and Ye shall find it, little late bloomer.
>>
>>337087181
And I thought of that, but Gwyn was Lord of Sunlight, none of which even come close to any of the titles on that ring.
>>
>>337087113
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9x_koRZ2bA
>>
>>337085054
Gwyndolin has always been a god, dumbass. He's a child of Gwyn. He's God of the Darkmoon and has complete mastery over moonlight magic. It just so happens that moonlight magic is kind of sissy.
>>
>>337086196
>But he is a god. All of Gwyn's people are gods.
Gwyn & Co are the mantlers of the fire. Humanity is mantled of the dark.

It's why people like Artorias and all the Oolacile fuckers ended up going mental when they decided to play with the Abyss while the 4Kids & Co became spoopy dickwraiths.
>>
>>337084950
>you can still see Gwyndolin struggling inside Aldrich
>>
>>337087196
>faraam armor
Wasnt even the person who came up with this and i believe its not the same god of war but god you are a retarded.
>>
Remember that Irithyll was Gwyndolin's realm before Sully took over. Maybe there were some minor gods around the area that got eaten as well?

Also I really hate that Gwyndolin never had kids. The fuck man, just because you're a wuss with a femring doesn't mean you can't stick your Darkmoon Blade into some lucky woman's Gaping Dragon.
>>
>>337087341
Werent the 4Kings human, not "gods"?
>>
>>337087501

His brass-armored firekeeper probably kept the bitches away.
>>
>>337087375
muh dick

Also aldrich started with the lower half first. Goddamn.

I'm so excited for the corruption smut we're going to get.
>>
>>337087515
4Kids weren't gods at all. Hence what I was saying. Humans interact better with the dark because they come from the dark.

Also, a big issue with Dark Souls interpretation is that the translations are a bit fucked. Like saying Seath became "A True Undead". It only makes sense if you rethink it and realize what the translation was supposed to be. Undying. The dragons of old were undying. Perpetual beings. That's what Seath lacked.
>>
>>337084950
It's a typo, it's supposed to be "Dogs".
>>
>>337087691
Aldrich loved hearing the people scream. He even made spectator sport out of it.
>>
>>337086852
Whatever helps you sleep at night

>>337087196
The armor just says a god of war. It never says what god exactly. And nowhere is Gwyn's first born given a name. At least, not within the games. If Miyazaki made up some shit in an interview or something, he can go fuck himself.
>>
Would you fuck Aldrich?

Honest question.
>>
>>337087730
Similarly, that's what Undead means in the context of hollows. Perpetual entities.
>>
>>337087730
>the translations are a bit fucked
It's really not, considering all of the dialog is in english even on the JP version
>>
>>337087375
Can you really see that during the boss fight?
>>
>>337087501
Does femboy even have a dick? He's got snakes for legs, for some unexplained reason. How the fuck did Gwyndolin even get those?
>>
>>337087459
"Armor named after a god of war.

The armor of the Forossa Lion Knights was preserved even after the destruction of their homeland, and is mentioned in numerous legends, alongside the names of those who are said to have gone beyond death."

Oh hey look, this doesn't prove anything. So either every connection in the post was meaningless conjecture, or there is more info elsewhere in the game. The former is most likely, but the post I replied to seemed to imply the latter, hence my post.
>>
>>337087501
but he had a kid with pricilla
the leader of the now barren darkmoon covenant
its said in a description that when aldrich ate gwyndolin he saw a small pale girl hiding away
i thought it was himself and his want to be a girl but now i know its his daughter
>>
>>337085054
What the fuck is wrong with you? Did you have a stroke after shitposting so many hot memes back in 2012?
>>
>>337088110

Where did Yorshka come from anyway? Gwyndolin named her but she refers to him as a brother. She also had a church dedicated to her at one point.
>>
File: 7KxmNhH.png (288 KB, 630x889) Image search: [Google]
7KxmNhH.png
288 KB, 630x889
>>337088285
>Where did Yorshka come from anyway?
>>
>>337088071
What more you need? Faraam is the name of, atleast some, god of war.
>>
Guys. What if Rosaria was Gwyn's wife? Her tongue was cut out by her firstborn, and we know one betrayer firstborn. Also her connection to sunlight miracles.
>>
>>337088285
When would Gwyn even have time to do that?
>>
What's Miyazaki's obsession with traps?
Gwyndolin in DaS1.
He didn't direct DaS2, so no traps in that game.
DaS3 he brings back Gwyndolin and gives us the Yaoi Princes.

Is he a homo
>>
>>337088462

Who knows how long he ruled as god of the sun? Could have been thousands of years.
>>
>>337088071
But that wasn't what was being contested.

>Gwyn destroyed Forossa to remove any traces of his existence as well as any of his worshippers
>>
>>337088458
Rosaria is Gwynavere bro being that darkmoon fag killed her and took her soul so nobody would defile her princess and shit.
>>
>>337088458
She is either gwynewere or one of her handmaidens, like dancer

Miracle you get from Rosarias souls is same as in das1
>>
>DaS 1
>no silver knights left
>disappear as soon as you destroy the illusions

>DaS3
>Silver knight are not only back, but real, corrupted by the deep and with lightning moves

Explain this for me.
>>
One thing I always found interesting? Kalameet isn't a true dragon.

Kalameet doesn't possess the immortality of the eternal dragons. There's none of the durability or self-healing bullshit or invulnerability. Yet Gough mentions even Anor Londo fears Kalameet.
>>
>>337088728

Aldrich gained his power like an anime and summoned them back.

And most of them disapear if you kill Gwyndolin, in Dark souls canon you didn't kill Gwyndolin in Dark souls.
>>
>>337088586
That goes against the pattern.

Gwyn
Gwynevere
Gwyndolin
>>
>>337088691
Dancer was Gwynavere or one of her daughters.

It even says she was a direct descendant of a royal family of gods.
>>
>>337088809

Kalameet is described as the last dragon. Maybe Gwyn already knocked his stones off or something I don't know.
>>
>>337088809
Where the fuck is ED in DaS3?
Is Smouldering Lake Ash Lake?
Is ED just hanging out under Demon Ruins or something, boiling away
>>
>>337088586
meant to reply to
>>337088423
>>
>>337088901
Maybe he was just a common dragon, not all dragons have to be ancient dragons.

Look at the drakes and Seath.
>>
>>337088901
Well we know that isnt true, as Sinh was also known as the last dragon.
>>
>>337088880
Yeah, but killing comfirmed they were fake, meanwhile thise niggas came back from the dead and have no explanation like the black knights do.
>>
What's the deal with Black Magic.
Wasn't in base DaS1, and I don't think referenced by Logan, and was added with AotA.
Dark Souls 2's DLC focuses heavily on Manus and the Abyss, origin of Black Magic.

DaS3 focuses on Gywn and the events surrounding him and the first flame. Manus and the Pgymy, if they're separate entities, are referenced marginally in Abyss Watchers and Wolnir.

Does Miyazaki just not like the abyss/black magic
>>
>>337088901
>>337089010

The last dragon you see at any point in time is always the last dragon. Fuckers are supposed to be extinct and they keep popping up.
>>
>>337088969
>Look at the drakes and Seath.
I do look at the drakes and Seath.

Seath is a white dragon. Kalameet a black. Drakes blue and red. The dragons went generic fantasy chromatic for some reason. They lose their eternal nature.
>>
He ate what was left of Nito after Chosen was done with him, as evidenced by the fact that he's wielding Nito's arm as a weapon and has a skeleton cloak around him. He also possibly ate Priscilla.
>>
Calling it now, Patches is Gwyn's first born.
>>
>>337089114
>>337089010
Sinh was never refered to as the last dragon, just as an Ancient Dragon.
But we know he comes AFTER Kalameet as he is guarded by a fragment of Manus.
>>
>>337084950
>Gwyndolin = God of the Dark Sun.
>Nito = God of the dead.

Come on, it ain't that hard.
>>
>>337088901
He's described as such because they didn't know about the other ones.

It's possible the Thylacine is still alive, but at the moment "The last Thylacine" would be the one that died in that American zoo.

The remaining dragons are hiding. So each time one pops up to everyone that sees it, it is the last dragon. Thousands of years pass between each Souls game. The people giving these titles are working with the knowledge they have, not what we have.
>>
>>337089248
For you maybe, i'm full chub.
>>
>>337088969

Seath is an ancient everlasting dragon though. Just super mutated and not so everlasting.
>>
>>337089131
All stone scaled dragons are supposed to be dead and wyvers etc are their relatives.
But what about one in the ash lake? It got stonescales.
>>
>>337089436
The key word there is "supposed" to be dead. The Gods don't have teams of biologists that spend years analyzing environments before determining if every member of a species is dead. Gwyn and his homeboys murdered a bunch of dragons, and kept murdering until no more showed up. As far as they were concerned, that meant there were no more dragons.
>>
File: 6d7fg8hj9'¿l.jpg (98 KB, 485x750) Image search: [Google]
6d7fg8hj9'¿l.jpg
98 KB, 485x750
Why Gwyn gets to have a dragon best friend but not his son?
>>
>>337089135
He didn't eat Priscilla. God damn.
>>
>>337089678
Seath betrayed the dragons to be Gwyn's bro

Gwyn's firstborn son betrayed him to side with the dragons.
>>
>>337089678
Everyone hated Seath. Gwyn gave him the Archives to placate him. There was no friendship, Seath's betrayal was entirely self serving. There was no friendship.
>>
>>337084950
Does this mean the cute trap is dead forever?

The nips will pay for this
>>
>>337089436
The ash lake everlasting dragon is the only remaining dragon from the time of Gwyn, hence the stone scales and completely immortal nature, regenerating damage and dragon covenant

Seathe is a real dragon but was born an unlucky bitch, hellkite drake isn't a real dragon, and Kalameet fight takes place in the past before they're all dead

By the time of main-story dark souls 1 the ash lake dragon is the only one left, since you'd already gone back in time and killed Kalameet and dealt with Seathe and the hellkite
>>
>>337089678
Seath wasn't a real dragon. Fucker was blind and had weird tentacles instead of legs, and retarded pixie wings. Didn't even breath fire, just some weird crystals.
The only reason Gwyn let him live was because he told Gwyn about the lightning weakness.
>>
>>337089678
>make a duke out of some freak dragon
>nigga kidnaps your daugters handmaidens
>seeds your daughter

But riding a drake was too much
>>
>>337084950
im still mad about this

why gwyndolin?? he is a good boy
>>
>>337089758
Gwyn didn't simply give Seath a house, he gave him a penthouse equipped with everything necessary for his experiments and political power over his own city.
>>
>>337089758
So what youre saying, is there was no friendship?
>>
>>337089962
>seeds your daughter

P R O O F
R
O
O
F
>>
>>337089882
No nigga Seath went blind for reading to much crystal mangos. After that the crystal started to affect his sanity.
>>
>>337090046
*was
>>
>>337090063
Well Gwyn is kind of a fucking idiot. His son being born under the moon meant he forced the poor bastard to wear a magic ring that turned him into a fucking trap. His daughter clearly didn't give a shit about his empire, and his other son thought he was such a loser he said fuck you dad and joined a bunch of lizards.

Then he burnt himself alive to continue an age that no one but him seemed to give a shit about, including his own children except the trap he hated so much he wouldn't even give him one statue.
>>
>>337090150
It was real in my mind
>>
>>337090172
Seath invented crystal meth and then everything went down-hill.
>>
>>337090241
>His son being born under the moon meant he forced the poor bastard to wear a magic ring that turned him into a fucking trap.
Wat?
>>
>>337090218
what do you mean by this?
>>
>>337090172
That's just propaganda against crystal magic. Seath was fucked up before, because he couldn't deal with being the bitch of all dragons.
>>
>>337090241
Everyone in the souls universe is retarded.

Except Aldia
>>
so I keep seeing posts about Nameless King being Gwyn's son

ok fair enough its very strongly hinted.

what I don't get are all those annoying brain dead posts saying that Nameless King is obviously Solaire, and that he's just huge and imposing cause he's in boss form
>>
Well, we don't know what other gods he could have eaten, but it is also heavily implied that he ate Nito and the Witch too.
>>
>>337090331
Gwnydolin was given a magic ring by Gwyn that made him a low test trap.

It's in Gwnydolin's chambers in DSIII. The description basically says that Gwyn made Gwyndolin wear it since he was a kid so he'd act like a girl.
>>
>>337090418
They can't give up their headcanon
>>
>>337090418
It's people that really really really wanted Solaire to be the first born even tho that made literally no sense in 1, and makes even less sense in 3.
>>
>>337090241
>Firstborn betrays you
>Your next child is female
>Now you have another chance of having a worthy heir
>It's a effeminate freak with moon powers
Might as well pretend it's a girl and tell everyone you never had a son to save face,
>>
>>337090331
The reversal ring says Gwyndolin was given it at an early age to be raised as a daughter.
>>
>>337084950
Probably a mistranslation.
Japanese doesn't have plurals.
>>
>>337090418
People just want Solaire to have some importance. Which is pretty stupid since he is already great by being himself, a very serious sun fanatic with a great sword.
>>
>>337086616
isn't part of the lore based on parallel universes? invading and such???
>>
Gwyn snuck estrogens and antiandrogens into Gwyndolin's drink, thus giving him a feminine appearance and a useless dick so he couldn't produce any offspring. Then, he was raised as a girl because fuck the firstborn amirite.
>>
>>337090431
>witch
I can sorta understand Nito, since the sword is somewhat similar, but there is nothing about the witch of Izalith within Aldritch. And don't bullshit me by talking about his fire powers, pyromancy is a common magic in the world.
>>
>>337090649
Or, he became a freak because Gwyn forced him to wear a trap ring since he was a child.
>>
Post Gwyndolin Lewds.
Post Lothric Lewds.
Post Throne Watcher Lewds.

Please.
>>
>>337090707
Devourer of God is a way better title anyway.
>>
>>337090150
I don't remember exactly but I think the items in 1 hint at Priscilla being Seath/Gwynevere's daughter.
>>
>>337090793
I don't think the trap ring gives snake legs.
>>
>>337090939
Gwyndolin was a master of illusions so yolo
>>
>>337090707
Its more of a dream he had.

He says he grew tired of eating men, and turned his diet to gods, as he thought this would bring upon the deep sooner.

I think he meant to eat the gods, but we catch him having a trap sandwich and put a halt to his dream
>>
>>337090752
Solaire's great as just some moron with an obsession. Somehow, with all his pluck and grit, he manages to make it to the Kiln. Not by using miracles or being some pansy with magic, but by his own strength and childish dream of finding his own sun.
Honestly, the only person who comes close to being as great as Solaire is Siegward. He goes through all the bullshit just to fulfill a promise to Yhorm. And then he peaces out. He doesn't go hollow like Siegmeyer and try to fight his own daughter.
>>
>>337090926
This is something I think mot people always had wrong.
The actual most likely thing is that she's the child(or experiment product) of Seath and his maiden experiments.
A failed attempt to create a true or even half dragon with immortal scales.
>>
Daily reminder that Gwyndolin is a low testosterone degenerate estrogen popping faggot
>>
>>337084950
>Grave Sword
>Pyromancies
>only one god
level 1 reader detected.
>>
>>337091156
>not having a no homo trap waifu
>>
>>337091138
Oh my bad, it's been a while since I've played Dark Souls 1. Thought she was hidden away in the painted world to save face of Gwyn's family
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1601x850) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1601x850
>>337091252
I mean, we're on /v/ so it's no surprise this board is comprised of teenagers who've never opened a book in their lives.
>>
>>337091252
>pyromancies

Because he was a lord of cinder you mong.

The Abyss watchers and Yhorm both also have pyromancies.
>>
>>337091054
>Not by using miracles
Lightning Spear dude
>>
>>337091252
>Grave Sword
He didn't eat Nito you dumb nigger.
>>
>>337091349
It's cool dude. I only remember because I obsessed over the stuff way too much.
And that was always just a bad theory, basically spread by Vaati and his goons.
Lore predictions and ideas are well and good.
But they are not canon or true until proven.
>>
>>337091252
I don't think the flames mean anything. All of the Lords of Cinder get fire shit in their second phase.
>>
>>337091464
that guy said that Aldrich wasn't given the title because he was a literal lord of cinder. He was given it uniquely because he was so powerful, he wasn't a literal lord of cinder like the others were.
>>
>>337086129
edge fucclord
>>
DARK SOULS 2 AND 3 ARE NOT CANON
>>
>>337091553
What exactly do you think a Lord of Cinder is
>>
File: 1356064894564.jpg (69 KB, 413x500) Image search: [Google]
1356064894564.jpg
69 KB, 413x500
>>337088285
GWYNDOLIN FUGGED PRISCILLA

NO WAIT

PRISCILLA RAPED THAT BOYPUSSY GOOD
>>
>>337091683

>Things I don't like aren't canon

Enough of this meme.
>>
I think he ate Nito's soul which was probably in some other monstrosity by this point

He probably ate lots of gods that we don't know about.
>>
>>337092005
Nah, the chosen undead ate Nito's soul.
>>
>>337091832
dudes that linked the flame

Aldrich didn't link the flame, they were just like "holy fuckin shit, this wizard man turned into this fuckin slime monster and is basically invincible and shit, lets make him an honary lord of cinder just because he is so badass"
>>
>Devourer of Gods
>Gwyndolin was not a god

Where does this meme come from? Primordial beings are not gods. Gwyn called himself a god because of his powerful soul he found.

Gwyndolin being his son means nothing.
>>
>>337092082
Yeah but it was then reincarnated as The Rotten. Lord souls are constantly recycled.
>>
In japanese his name is "God Devourers, Eldritch"
>>
>>337092179
>reincarnated as the rotten

What? The Rotten doesnt even have his soul until NG+

Are you saying Gwyn reincranated into the Iron King?

Because we know thats not true.
>>
>>337092179
He was indeed reincarnated, but his soul wouldn't look exactly like that. Aldrich is definitely alluding to Nito, but it makes no sense for him to have eaten Nito.
>>
>>337092338

> Rotten doesnt even have his soul until NG+

That was just a easter egg if you didn't find it out yet.

Gwyn's soul was massive so it was likely a fragment like four kings.
>>
>>337092162
>the gods of this universe have an origin and are thus not gods!

The autism, dial it down.
>>
>>337091054
>Not by using miracles
He definitely has lightning spear, fairly sure he has great/heal too
>>
>>337092506
Alright my friend
Im calling myself a god from now on, thus making me a god.
>>
>>337092086

He just said Aldrich had the title due to might, not virtue. He doesn't say at any point that it was he wasn't a real lord of cinder.
>>
>>337092086
Dude, ALL lords of Cinder have the fire powers, even Lothric.
>>
>>337092576
Are you that dense to not realize souls god hierarchy is based on Greek myths?
Do you honestly believe abrahamic religions are the only ones that have existed?
>>
At Prime, not including Gwyn, who is the strongest person in Souls universe?

Yhorm
>>
>>337091252
Funny to READ that since nowhere in the game is it in WRITTEN form that proves your little conjecture that you yourself just based on LOOKS and not the written text.

Man there are a lot of level 1 readers here.
>>
>>337092576

you can be a god you just have to get to that point.

A god isn't an inherent state of existence, godhood is achieved and pretty much means "really powerful ass individual"
>>
>>337092685
Lothric doesnt have any fire powers. He literally just uses Miracles.

Lorian has the fire powers.
>>
>>337092717
Patches.
>prove me wrong
>protip, you can't.
>>
>>337092812
Patches was only good in bloodborne.
>>
>>337092749
Yet, Nameless King is "really powerful individual" and Gwyn took his deity status

It was just an elitest group calling themselves something.
>>
>>337092795
Miswrote, but this anon has a point.>>337092671
>>
>>337092812
I can prove you wrong anon, but first I need to go look at this treasure down a pit over here.
>>
>>337092717

Manus. Maybe Witch of Izalith, could obviously be a huge threat when she can actually think.
>>
>>337087102
I've noticed a lot of people really don't seem to grasp this concept. Apparently unless you create the world you can't be a god or some dumb shit.
>>
>>337092898
No anon! Dont!

Oh well, that's another one.
>>
>>337086074
Pretty sure Gwyn was out of business by the time Gwyn's son did his betrayal.
>>
>>337092717
Nameless King
>>
>>337092861
Isn't a question of quality, my friend, it's strength. Patches transcends time and space itself.
>>
>>337092872

No, Gwyn took him out of the family records effectively disowning him since he was a dirty dragon sympathizer. A god can not be a god if no-one knows it exists.
>>
>>337092872
Pretty much, yea, considering Anor Londo is supposed to be full of gods of all kinds, but they all peaced out when the flame was dying.
>>
>>337088809

That's because Kalameet is fucking badass. He'd shit all over 99% of Dark Souls bosses. Nigga can fuck with gravity.
>>
File: 1462437806129.jpg (7 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
1462437806129.jpg
7 KB, 316x202
>>337092179
>>337092442
>>337092445
Which faggot youtuber started this theory? The Lord souls do not recycle.

The only reason you get them in NG+ is because the 4 people found what remnant of the Lord souls. Even though they weak and frail they still manage to create powerful entities.

But that is all they are, beings that harnessed the remaining power to become something new. Besides the Bearer of the Curse embraced them anyways so it's impossible for them to recycle and it's impossible for Aldrich to consume Nito
>>
>>337084950
Actually, he devoured Gwynevere's husband too
>>
>>337093007
So godliness is a title. Thats exactly what Im saying.

Just because noone remembers you doesnt mean you dont exist.

Our character effectivly kills all the gods, does that make Chosen Undead a god?
>>
>>337093080
Item descriptions or it didn't happen.
>>
>>337093079
>Which faggot youtuber started this theory?
Who knows, there's so many
>>
>>337093142
Well, if you count Soul of Cinder...
>>
>>337093079
>and it's impossible for Aldrich to consume Nito
You say that, but bone marrow tastes good
>>
>>337092576

According to big hat Logan from dark souls 1, a god is just a regular ass being that amassed a ton of souls. This can be seen in dark souls 3. The giant crystal lizards are little lizards that absorbed a ton of souls according to the titanite scale.
>>
>>337093172
It's just not true,
Flan and Gwynevere left before the age even ended.
And there's even a description saying she was married and had children.
>>
>>337090418
this solaire meme has gone too far
>>
>>337093080
You mean oceiros?
>>
>>337093079

The Rotten has Nito's moveset, you get a lord soul from him so it is safe to assume that he got Nito's Lord soul.

The other ones are a stretch, but Rotten effectively links the lord souls of lordran and drangelic together. Also, them being the same lord souls and all from the first game as Vendrick brought them the fuck over in the lordvessel.
>>
>>337093254
Soul of Cinder isnt a person.
>>
>>337093079
How is that any different from recycling?
>>
>>337084950
look at his weapon, looks like nito grave sword. look at his bottom half, hair and bunch of skulls, looks like nito
>>
>>337093654
The skeletons can easily be explained as Aldrich eating dozens of men.
>>
>>337093080
its implied he ate priscilla as well.
>>
>>337093654
Thats real fuckin nito theory, but Nito died so its all headcanon.
>>
>>337093717

No it isn't, it says he dreamt of her. Meanwhile the other soul item clearly outlines that he ate Gwyndolin.
>>
>>337093717
Where? You realize The pale girl could have been Yorshka right?

Why would Gwyndolin be thinking of Priscilla in his last moments?
>>
>>337091252
Well, he certainly didn't eat the Witch of Izalith because that bitch became the Bed of Chaos. Which is killed by the Chosen Undead in DaS and whatever little bit of the chaos flame was left after that was wiped out by the player character in DaS2.
>>
>>337093730
how do you explain his weapon then? not a coinky dink it looks like a gravelord sword. Fuck, i really hope the DLC explores the back story of the lords like the old crowns dlc.
>>
>>337086572
Nito cant die fuckboy that is his whole thing
>>
File: tumblr_o25lubbSXv1qzwtdlo1_1280.jpg (1014 KB, 1200x1575) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o25lubbSXv1qzwtdlo1_1280.jpg
1014 KB, 1200x1575
>>337093379
Soul(s) of cinder is the remains of everyone who linked the fire previously.
And no linking the fire doesn't make you a god.
It makes you a lord of the age you created by sacrificing yourself.
The same is true of a dark age.
But the souls most definitely do return every time, they simply switch hosts or keep the fire burning.
Soul of Cinder is all of the previous lords souls which are fragments of the original lord souls crammed into a body made of cinder.
There is always the same amount of original fire no matter how much it is split, and by that regard there is always the same amount of lord souls. No matter how many lords and pupils have them.
because it is and always has been part of the eternal fire.
Even if the fire goes out, the dark flame of humanity burns.
And pieces of the lord souls burn within them.
So new lords always crop up or return because it is an endless cycle.
Tl;Dr read the lore and items you fucking nerds
>>
>>337093260
Nito was just one large skeleton armored with small skeletons. His power came from his soul which was removed, placed in a lordvessel, sat for who knows how many thousands of years just fading, gets picked up by pharros who then becomes The Rotten. The Bearer then kills him and consumes his soul. The skeletons on Aldrich are just the people he ate.

>>337093343
Lol you mean that slam attack which is used by tons of other bosses in the games? That comes from the weapon being held as slamming someone with a cleaver would be quite lethal. The Rotten was created from Nito's soul and inherited some innate features and his dark magic, but the Rotten is his own being. Either way DS2 protagonist consumed them all so Lord souls are gone.
>>
>>337093892
It's an allusion, probably, but it's pretty much impossible for Aldrich to have eaten Nito.
>>
>>337093654
I like that in the infinite well that is conscious though, this seems to be the only thing people can post to justify the name.

With NO content or proof to back up their claims. You sir and or madam, are a dime a dozen.
>>
>>337086572
if he didnt comsume her, then why the fuck would his soul be used for a lifehunt scythe? Only priscilla was able to use that technique. the item says he dreamt of a girl in hiding.
>>
>>337093997
I dont know why youre replying to me. It even says Soul of Cinder is not a person, but an empty Husk.

Helm of the Soul of Cinder,
a deific manifestation of the Lords of Cinder, who linked the First Flame.
It resembles a knight's helm, but bears hideous burns and contortions. A mishappen crown can be seen upon its rear.
It exists as a symbol of the great Lords and the noble act of linking the fire, though it is no more than an empty husk.
>>
>>337093791
>>337093795
then how would his soul be used in the lifehunt scythe miracle? in DS1, it says even the gods feared that weapon. In DS3 it says a pale girl in hiding. It's implied, brosefs. Yorshka is alive and well. Pretty sure if aldritch saw her and knew she was fucking gwydolins sister, he would have killed her as well.
>>
>Aldrich ate Nito autists always bring up that there's some weird hair covering the skeletons
>Don't recognize the fact that the same hair is growing out of McDonell's eyes

That hair is probably something to do with the Deep, there's no fucking way Aldrich ate Nito. There's more of a chance of the Deep being connected with the Old Ones from Bloodborne.
>>
>>337094172
That's not the Lifehunt Scythe. It's a miracle mimicking the Lifehunt Scythe. There's a huge difference. Miracles are literally just stories that create magic when recited. Hence the text referring to a dream he had.
>>
>>337094452
They're just headcanon retards anon. They'll believe whatever they want no matter if it makes zero sense.
>>
>>337094452
>There's more of a chance of the Deep being connected with the Old Ones from Bloodborne.
This guy's on to something.
>>
>>337084950
I just wana point out that his throne says "Aldrich, Saint of the Deep", the Devourer of Gods isn't until his resurrection. He could have ate more Gods, sure, but not before his resurrection. The info from his soul and stuff is meant in current time, IOW "ruminating on the fadding flame" and "slowly devouring the darkmoon" means right then when you kick in the door, not centuries ago when he was a cannibal cleric.
>>
>>337094193
>empty husk
>what is possessed armor for 500 Jim
Like I said, body made of cinder with their souls inside.
>>
>>337094452
>There's more of a chance of the Deep being connected with the Old Ones from Bloodborne.

i know youre not serious but i dont think the two universes are connected. unless...
>>
>>337094452
And whose to say it's hair? What if it's the tree branches seen on the undeads in the settlement\road of sacrifices.
>>
>>337094408
We dont know how much time was between him eating Gwyndolin and us killing him

Whys he just hanging out in Anor Londo if hes already done his business there?
>>
>>337094627
>empty husk
>has no eyes

A possessed suit of armor is not a person....
Stop replying to me if youre not gonna make a point.
>>
>>337094746
i wanna say it has something to do with sully. maybe aldritch has some fear or he has him under control but doesnt know the ashen has killed him yet.
>>
File: aldritch6_tc.jpg (414 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
aldritch6_tc.jpg
414 KB, 1920x1080
Looks like hair or a bush or some shit with lots of debris and skeletons picked up in it.

Considering he rolled as a blob sludge bastard through a cemetery and plenty of tree filled areas its not a stretch to say he picked up a lot of random shit.
>>
>>337094669
Huh the branches are a thought since some hollows did turn into trees and I assume those trees turned into the flying "angels" in Lothric.
I always thought it was worms honestly,
since the stuff in irithyll talks about being gnawed by insects,
the consuming bug dark magic came from there,
and Aldritch's skull is covered and what looks like half eaten by giant worms.
>>
>>337090707
>神喰らいのエルドリッチ
nah it makes sense
also the Gods part doesnt even have to mean that he ate more than one despite it being a plural word. In legends and shit when a hero slays something of great might they are something like The Slayer of Xs even if it was only one
>>
>>337086969
>God being just an operative title? What worlds did he create? What reality did he govern?
Fucking retard.
>>
File: nito-concept.jpg (474 KB, 2000x1132) Image search: [Google]
nito-concept.jpg
474 KB, 2000x1132
>>337094452
>there's no fucking way Aldrich ate Nito

Why? Just because he is made of bones?
Do you think that would matter to a Devourer of Gods?
If he didnt eat Nito, them tell me how he got his weapon? Why he has bones sticking out of his slime body? Where all the black hair comes from? Why does the boss theme has Nito theme mixed in?
Its a fact so fucking obvious I dont know why you faggots deny it.
>>
>>337093948
Nito was a living being who became the Gravelord after finding his Lord Soul. He harbored the dead and acted as a sort of Grim Reaper. While the man/creature died the soul allowed him to continue on as a Lord. So if you take away his Soul he becomes nothing but bone.
>>337094172
It's not the real Lifehunt Scythe. He dreamed of Priscilla while consuming Gwyndolin and since he found out that even Gods feared it, he wanted to make his own out of Deep magic so he could become more powerful.
>>
>>337094969
The maggots are everywhere in the room (even on himself) but those are definitely plant material of some kind. I think it's just debris, to give a sense of the slothfulness that Aldrich represents.

And Lords have to link the fire, unless Ludleth is lying.
>>
Aldrich has eaten more gods in the past. He ate Priscilla before Gwyndolin, and probably a number of unnamed gods before that.
>>
>>337094929
So youre saying Sully went and grabbed Priscilla and brought her to Aldrich?

I find that highly unlikely.
>>
>>337094929
no, im replying to the part as why aldritch hasnt left anor londo yet. or maybe he was in the process of trying to get yorshka, i dont know.
>>
>>337095034
He couldn't have eaten Nito because
>The game makes no written reference
>Nito was canon killed and offered to the Lordvessel in DS1
>>
>>337088285
Yorshka is Ocelotte.
Gwynevere took Ocelotte from Oceiros when he went mad, and she gave him to Gwyndolin, who disguised him as Yorshka and raised him/her to believe she was a child of Gwyn.
>>
File: 1462266428649.png (2 MB, 891x873) Image search: [Google]
1462266428649.png
2 MB, 891x873
>>337095123
Didn't eat her, the lifehunt scythe he used was a miracle
>>
>>337086572
He's dreaming of Yorshka and he woulda ate her next if you didn't kill em.
>>
>>337095208
he was manipulated by Pontiff to eat Gwyn and come to Anor Londo. He probably was just satisfied and stayed or Pontiff somehow trapped him.
>>
>>337095034
All of your questions are answered by
>the weapon is Gwyndolin's not his and he's still being consumed when you fight.
>All body matter is because he consumed hundreds of men and is a flesh slime.
>The slimes you find around his areas ironically are probably just parts of him that sloughed off.
>The big four has been a theme in every game and there is always guy made of other guys.
>It has nothing to do with Nito the whole game just plays to nostalgia super hard.
Tl;Dr This is obvious bait but I'll give it a real answer anyway
>>
File: 99JUZZc.png (232 KB, 370x423) Image search: [Google]
99JUZZc.png
232 KB, 370x423
>>337091054
>Honestly, the only person who comes close to being as great as Solaire is Siegward.
I'd say Berhart of Jugo is beats both of them. The motherfucker comes from a land most known for its house sized man eating ants, and he just rolls up into Drangleic because he's tired of them and is looking for more of a challenge. He doesn't come to Drangleic whining about curses or hollowing or any of that shit, he just wants to fight big fucking monsters. On top of this, he thinks his magic sword is the thing saving his skin the entire time, but it turns out to be a fake, and he is just that fucking good.
>>
>>337095264
No the player character is Ocelotte.
>>
>>337087884
That's all illusion shit dude.
>>
>>337086756
Maybe he went on a Cleric quest for the right of kindling and ended up joining the Gravelords.
>>
>>337086187
Most bosses borrow from others. That he has elements from those bosses (visual or otherwise) is not useful in determining if this is true or not.
>>
Anyone got a link to that comic that had Aldrich as a shaman looking dude?
>>
>>337095034
Your autism has consumed you anon, just like Aldrich consumed some regular people then consumed a weak and starved Gwyndolin and nothing else.
>>
>>337095123
Know for a fact that he didnt eat Priscilla.
He dreamnt about her and learned how to use her magic through Gwyndolin's memories.
Yorshka isnt the "pale girl in hiding", as she is right outside the fucking castle. And Priscilla was hiding in the Painted World, at least in the first game.
>>
>>337095290
>he didn't eat Priscilla
>yet he uses her signature, innate ability of lifehunt
Priscilla gave her scythe the lifehunt, not vice versa. Her tail is also lifehunting. It's her innate ability, not that of her weapon.
Aldrich ate her and gained her power, using it in his own way as a dark miracle. He was a priest, after all, so his new god powers would manifest naturally as miracles.
>>
>>337095034
>them tell me how he got his weapon?
Same way he created a miracle weapon based on Priscilla's scythe. It isn't the actual sword faggot.

>Why he has bones sticking out of his slime body?
He eats people faggot.

>Where all the black hair comes from?
The same place as the black hair in McDonnell's eyes faggot. Or did McDonnell eat Nito too?

>Why does the boss theme has Nito theme mixed in?
Because From loves referencing their old games for no reason faggot.

Aldrich not eating Nito is a fact so fucking obvious I don't know why you faggots deny it.
>>
File: Not Eaten.jpg (206 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Not Eaten.jpg
206 KB, 1920x1080
>>337095123
You fucking retard.
>>
>>337095034
Why? Cause people like you seem to hate proof, you never supply it when asked and hide behind your "muh his weapon" defense when it is just as easily a weapon that the chosen undead can get in DaS1. Who knows how he could have stumbled upon it.

Maybe chosen undead dropped it to an invader to make him leave them alone. I don't know, do you? No, you don't cause there is nothing stating anything.

So, I'll drop the one word you Nito enthusiasts don't seem to understand the definition to. You are operating under conjecture and cannot back up your claims aside from visual similarities.
>>
The corvian equipment and the painting guardian set seem to imply that the painted world is gone.
Considering how Sulivahn controlled the remains of Anor Londo it's very possible he herded Aldritch into it.

And I say, good riddance to that freak that lived in it.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.