[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Super enthusiastic about video game development >want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: cod_infinite_warfail.jpg (98 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
cod_infinite_warfail.jpg
98 KB, 800x600
>Super enthusiastic about video game development
>want to be professional game dev one day
>go to school for it, lock down a sweet position at a prestigious gaming studio
>sent to work on cool sci-fi future warfare game
>spend three years pouring out your heart and soul on this game
>know that the last few sci-fi warfare games that your studio produced werent received so well. But you know that yours will be different. Studio assures the team that this installment will be the one, apparently they've got an ace up their sleeve.
>finally its almost done
>create a sweet trailer for the game.
>find out that for 20 dollars more the super nostalgic fans of our series can buy a re-skin of one of our best old games
>trailer gets released
>...
>People are hating it
>3 years of work gone in just 3 minutes
What does /v/ think about Infinite Warfare? Can it be saved? Is CoD4 remastered even worth it?
>>
File: 1461465667620.gif (140 KB, 379x440) Image search: [Google]
1461465667620.gif
140 KB, 379x440
>>337076170
>pouring out your heart and soul on this game

Now come on Anon
>>
File: InfiniteW.jpg (71 KB, 720x594) Image search: [Google]
InfiniteW.jpg
71 KB, 720x594
Not sure about this game, but Infinite W is looking alright though. Dude's got a laser in one hand and a laser in the other.
>>
>>337076170
>>337076354
Although OP hits something that I wonder about so much too. Maybe not for yearly releases like Activision and EA shit, but for Square Enix type companies where their games take 5+ years to come out sometimes:

You have someone that spends 5 fucking years of their professional career on one, maybe two titles. To them, it's a chunk of their lifework, to us, most of the time it's just another release that we play and forget about. Heaven forbid if it's actually critically panned.

I wonder how that must feel.
>>
>>337076170
it can be saved if it pulls an RPG-ality and becomes a cowboy bebop space bounty hunter style game with some kind of mother base to work for and build up. could be the best game ever really, but it will just be the same old shit again of course.
>>
>>337076531
Exactly. The devs are trying to make the best game that they can. They wont spend years working on a game knowing its going to turn out to be shit.
I feel sympathy for the devs. It's the business guys who are disgracing the CoD series
>>
>>337076782
this.
>>
>>337076782
Let's award them a participation trophy then.
>>
>>337076170
>know that the last few sci-fi warfare games that your studio produced werent received so well

Infinity Ward hasn't made a sci-fi game before.
>>
>>337076782
That's what happened with Assassins Creed, since the guy responsible for AC I and II got fires by Jewbi after he didn't agree to turn the series into shitty cash grabs
>>
>>337076170
Well I'm sure they'll forget about some dislikes when the game sells millions like every year.
>>
>>337076170
If the game is indeed good then word of mouth will make people buy the game and critics will like it too :^) I'm sure the devs worked very hard on the game that's been released a dozen times already :^)
>>
>>337076170
>prestigious gaming studio
Anyone paying attention to the gaming industry since 2010 knows Infinity Ward is far from a prestigious gaming studio
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.