[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>game let's you watch an entire movie with a fictional
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 15995.jpg (88 KB, 947x768) Image search: [Google]
15995.jpg
88 KB, 947x768
>game let's you watch an entire movie with a fictional character.
>>
>>337075173
Third game never
>>
File: The vidya I lost.gif (495 KB, 500x223) Image search: [Google]
The vidya I lost.gif
495 KB, 500x223
>>337075308
>>
>>337075173
Darkness may have been an edgy game but I thought it did some things right.

>the TV scene
>Jackie's based grandmother
>enemies taunting
>decent revenge story

How come /v/ never talks about this game?
>>
>>337075792
Cause /v/ has shit taste and is too busy getting angry and bitching everything wrong with the latest AAA release
>>
>>337075792
Some games fall through the cracks. It was also around the time that edginess was getting a lot of backlash and shooters were changing.

Games like Prey also fell victim.

>>337075987
This too. Page 0 /v/ has always been triple-A shitposting and internet drama.
>>
>>337076098
Jackie isn't even edgy or anything. The darkness is kinda sometimes, but feels more like an ancient horror than anything.
>>
The ending of the first game was so fucking great. It's really hard for a game to make you seem that powerful without it feeling cheap or boring to play, but it was so satisfying when the eclipse finally turns you up to 11.
>>
File: Digging up the past.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
Digging up the past.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>337076490
Yea that's what I mean by edgy. Darkness being edgy. Not as bad as pic related or anything, but I recall a backlash against the 90s cool. The Darkness is definitely 90s cool.
>>
I knew the game would be amazing the second Mike Patton signed on as the voice of the darkness.
I have emailed 2K several times begging for a PC port of the first game.
>>
>>337075173
i come back and play the first game ever so often, a classic for sure
>>
>>337076950
>90s cool
there's a difference between having a monster inside of you, that's trying to control you, that killed your girlfriend
and
a shitty blue ball
>>
https://youtu.be/vRP0pbVsRV0
Jackie, this is not your fault
>>
>>337075173
Did anyone else like the first game more?
>>
>>337078873
I did but it's hard to top the first game honestly.
>>
>getting drilled in the teeth and gums
>look up at the cop with blood oozinng out of your gums
>"bflkbdg blku blug bluhh"
>"WHAT DID YOU SAY"
>"You're dead"

>BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

>cue re-entering WW1 with grandpa in hell
the GOAT 6th gen FPS
>>
>>337079283
I even liked the gameplay better which seems to be something other people disagree with.
>>
>>337079667

Gameplay in the first could very easily be cheesed by using the sneaky snake execute. Otherwise I think it beats the second in nearly every category.
>>
Is 2 worth buying? Only ever played 1.
>>
>>337075792
We talk about it from time to time but the thing is that ultimately it's just a game (at least the second for me, I could never play the first) that comes and goes. It doesn't help that it's stupid short.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.