[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to play Smash 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1834034243890324.png (848 KB, 613x550) Image search: [Google]
1834034243890324.png
848 KB, 613x550
Play extremely defensive and take no risk just repetitively do the same safe aerial poke over and over and if your opponent doesn't correctly poke you with his/her safest aerial make sure to punish them with a d-throw u-air. Then roll to the ledge to repeat shield grabbing. This entire game in a nutshell is Super D-throw Bros or Safe Aerial poke Brothers. Take your pick! No approach or even moderate defense is safe. The tier list is completely set by characters with better range, and d-throw combos.
>>
You jusy described shitters, the best way to deal with them is spam dodge and grab, you still have a huge change of losing but they always disconnect after that.
>>
>>337073586
Yes op, you nailed it. Thanks to your advice I will be winning tournaments in no time
>>
>>337073586
>The tier list is completely set by characters with better range, and d-throw combos.
Then how come Ike isn't the best character in the game?
>>
How to take Melee Fanboys seriously.
Step 1: Don't.
>>
>>337073586
you sound salty
>>
I know this is bait but:
Rosalina: uthrow uptilt.
Bayonetta: uthrow up b
ZSS: d-throw uair well you got me there.
Cloud: dæthrow side b at 0 % only.
Sheik: f-throw bouncing fish.
Ryu: d-throw fair.
Diddy: uthrow fair or d-throw bair x 2.
So only 1 of the top tiers actually have d-throw uair as their best option.
>>
File: 1.jpg (101 KB, 654x734) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
101 KB, 654x734
You salty little bitch
>>
>>337073586
The game is all neutral and mind-numbingly slow, so I just use Cloud. Closest thing to a melee character we'll get in this god forsaken game thanks to his plenty of ACs.
>>
>>337077103
>his plenty of ACs
Multiple Advent Children?
>>
>>337077103
Isn't sheik more what you're looking for then since she has no lag on anything?
>>
>>337077103
Well Cloud is infamous for being easy to pick up and play, but fox is still pretty fast, yes shinespiking is no longer a thing, and neither is ACsh laser, but he has plenty of frametraps and aerials that combo into usmash.And do you really want fox to be the best cqc, the best zoner and the best gimper again?
>>
>>337076126
Bad Recovery, No Projectile, and his frame data is only good compared to other heavies.
He's still Top 20 though, maybe Top 15.
>>
>>337077303
Auto Cancels.

>>337077417
She ACs everything but she's no longer worth it due to her lack of confirms. Takes forever to kill anything with her.

>>337077434
In melee getting gimped is the law of the land, so I don't main Cloud's weakness he feels right at home.
I play Marth in melee, spacies are too much for me too fast.
>>
>>337076639
It's the same shit really, it's just a throw to aerial or tilt if they are low enough
Cloud also doesn't actually combo out of his throws
>>
I've had hundreds of hours of fun playing with friends and family.
Maybe you're just spending too much time on For Glory. Everyone online is a fucking no fun shitter.
>>
>>337078126
Can't he dthrow to side B at like 0% and no later?
>>
>>337077632
Well yea Clouds is ment too have a great weakness to make up for his awesome reach and amazing framedata, but playing Cloud optimally means running away half the match to charge limit, (kinda like how melee is becoming more and more about lasers over the years, or at least thats's the impression i get everytime i see hbox) so i don't get why you are complaining about smash 4 being mind numbingly slow when you play a character thats great at avoiding a fight half the time.
>>
>>337078271
It isn't a real combo, people can shield or jump if they react and di correctly

>>337078321
I don't see how playing Cloud means that you have to run away. You can play normally and charge limit when they are sent flying and you don't have a follow up or out of throws because he really doesn't have anything from them
>>
>>337078126
I think clouds d-throw to side b is character dependent really, at least falcon can avoid it if he DI'es downwards and hit sheild immediately. Also what do you mean its just a tilt or aerial? usually the following aerial or tilt sets up to another aerial or attack, f.eks captain falcon who is infamous for his d-throw -> uair benefits much more from d-throw -> nair -> nair -> nair -> uair or f-throw into tech situation -> if no tech then dair for jablock -> everything, just because you only do d-throw uair doesn't mean its the best option available. And it certaintly isn't what makes top tiers good. Explore abit more with your characters and you'll se that they have more available too them than just d-throw uair.
>>
>>337078607
Well i said optimal, charging limit is one of the best if not the best way too pressure an opponent since it can be cancelled instantly, but you can play him however you like really that goes for all the characters.
>>
File: TECH.png (677 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
TECH.png
677 KB, 720x540
>>337073586
Sorry to hear you couldn't get good, I bet melee is going great for you, though.
>>
>>337078271
>>337078607
>>337078126

Try Dthrow into jumping sideB at about 40%
On most characters it's perfect regardless of DI and it takes very little brain power
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.