[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lost Odyssey, Dante's Inferno, Evil Within
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 250px-LostOdyssey.jpg (34 KB, 250x354) Image search: [Google]
250px-LostOdyssey.jpg
34 KB, 250x354
I went to game stop and bought video games for the first time in 3 years.

I bought Lost Odyssey, Dante's Inferno, and Evil Within. I don't have a ton of time to invest into playing video games, so which one of these should I start getting into? Which one of these are the best?
>>
>>337072606

Lost Odyssey. Prepare for feels.
>>
>>337072796
The last time I played a JPRG was Chrono Trigger when I was 11. So I had romanced JRPGs in my mind when I bought Lost Odyssey.

I played it for about an hour and kinda felt bored by the turn-based battle system. But I really liked how the game felt otherwise.
>>
>>337072606
Lost Odyssey: Slit Your Wrists Edition.

That game had some nice fucking writing in the dream sequences.
>>
>>337072990

Well there is no getting around that it's turn-based, but the story, in particular the dreams, is pretty damn good. Even if someone doesn't want to play the actual game, I would still implore them to watch the dream sequences on youtube. 11/10
>>
Play Lost Odyssey, it's the best JRPG to come out for modern consoles.

Go ahead and return The Evil Within while you can, it's shit
>>
>>337073331
I almost bought Tales of Vesperia and Blue Dragon instead. It's better than both of those?
>>
Lost Odyssey isn't very long, you'll be done with it in a couple days.

Dante's Inferno and The Evil Within are also short, but much shorter than Lost Odyssey.
>>
Oh it's motherfucking time, gentlemen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPn0T4ZpLKE
>>
>>337073446
Story-wise it's better than both of those
Blue Dragon's the worst of the three in terms of everything
>>
>>337073525
>implying Blue Dragon doesn't have the best boss music ever conceived by man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUjxPj3al5U
>>
How's Tales of Vesperia's gameplay?
>>
File: judy master race.webm (3 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
judy master race.webm
3 MB, 1024x576
>>337073962
It starts off slow, but you'll be able to do stuff like this later in the game as you learn more skills and get new party members PS3 version is superior
The plot is a mess, but the characters make up for it
>>
File: twgok_why.jpg (49 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
twgok_why.jpg
49 KB, 720x720
>>337073497
>>
File: painful.gif (941 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
painful.gif
941 KB, 500x281
>>337073497
>>
>>337073894
yeah the game is shit tho
>>
>>337073331
Don't listen to this anon TEW is fun especially if you enjoyed RE4
>>
>>337072606
Lost Odyssey the games ost is fucking godly.
>>
>>337072606
Lost Odyssey by far. Haven't played Evil Within and Dante's Inferno is just a God of War knockoff.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.