[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck am I supposed to play this? The battle system is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: The_World_Ends_With_You.jpg (121 KB, 400x360) Image search: [Google]
The_World_Ends_With_You.jpg
121 KB, 400x360
How the fuck am I supposed to play this? The battle system is an absolute clusterfuck. I effectively have to fight two separate battles on two separate screens with two different control systems against functionally independent groups of enemies. And now they introduced fusion attacks, which means I also have to pay a fucking memory matching game while doing all that. Apparently you can't just leave your partner on auto our they're useless against bosses, but you can't just memorize the combos and do then without looking because the enemies jumping around interrupt your attacks.

But people here seem to live the game, so I must obviously be doing something wrong, since I doubt I'm the only person on /v/ born without the ability to play two fucking games at the same time.

So help me out. What the fuck am I missing? What am I doing wrong?
>>
git gud
>>
for the most part I ignored the partner unless neku was idle or done with his battle

worked well enough for most of the game but had some problems with the megaphone guy
>>
Focus on the green puck.
>>
This thread again?
TWEWY thread
>Favourite partner
>Favourite boss
>Favourite day
>Favourite story element
>Favourite pins
>>
>>337068307
Rhythm. The light puck passes between the two screens. Direct most, but not all, of your attention onto wherever the puck is to increase your combo.
>>
>>337068307
You really have to work on your peripheral vision with the game. You also don't particularly NEED fusion attacks to beat bosses, just keep doing battles and soon you'll get the hang of it. Otherwise>>337068479
>>
Just keep in mind that the top secondary isn't as important. The main focus is on that green energy puck.
>>
>>337068307
You don't need to do fusions. Anyway they're randomized so you can just keep hammering the right/left button mindlessly and you'll get it eventually.

And TWEWY is pretty hard to get the hang of, but if you keep trying you'll get it eventually, and you'll be glad you did. You don't have to worry about the time limits since they're bullshit and just keep practicing against trash mobs until you git gud.
>>
>>337068553
This. Dodge with whoever doesn't have the light puck, attack with whoever does. EzPz.
>>
>>337068563
>TWEWY thread
Yes, this is a thread about TWEWY. Congratulations on your reading comprehension. You put that education to good use.
>>
Aside from the shit story and characters I love everything about this game.
>>
The problem is, the only I've currently managed to win fights is by furiously scribbling with one hand and mindlessly mashing left/right on the dpad with the other, which I know will become a useless strategy as soon as the tutorials stop.
>>
>>337070102
The learning curve is a little steep, and you are going to have a few frustrating fights where your old strategies won't work. Just keep at it, and focus on keeping the rhythm.
>>
Just like neku has to learn to acept help from others and to work with people instead of isolate himself, you the player must also learn a battle system which forces you to play with two characters at once when intiailly you only wanted to control neku. This is video game kino at its finest, a marriage of narrative and gameplay, bravo nomura san.
>>
Learn to multi-task. Alternatively, just pay attention to the puck

Also, any of you guys emulate this on PC? If so, how did it play? I feel like a mouse is clumsier than the stylus
>>
>>337068307
This game sucks.
>>
>>337070509
I had no issues beating the game, but I guess it would have been slightly easier with a stylus.
>>
>>337068307
This is pretty much why I never bothered to finish the game.
Even I am not autistic enough for this.
>>
File: 1450655682036.jpg (65 KB, 903x689) Image search: [Google]
1450655682036.jpg
65 KB, 903x689
>>337068563
>Joshua with jesus beams
>TIME FOR A TASTE TEST
>Another Day
>Finding out who shot you
>Yoshimitsu & I Live For Food
>>
>>337069131

Lurk moar faggot
>>
We never got a sequel. And we never will.

But here's a new game featuring Lightning.
>>
>>337073138
>TWEWY 2 feat. Lighting from the Final Fantasy XIII™ series
>>
So I just beat this game last night (GOAT game and one of my tops of all time btw) and was wondering about the postgame. I already did the hilarious tin pin quest on another day but was wondering how long on average does it take to collect all the secret reports. I actually read them all already though. Because I knew I wouldn't be able to contain myself.

Anyway SEQUEL FUCKING WHEN? After running around online it has been teased for awhile now here and there and its been almost a decade. What the duck is square doing?
>>
File: ohdear.jpg (3 KB, 106x125) Image search: [Google]
ohdear.jpg
3 KB, 106x125
>>337068307

It hasn't even been a week since this same OP was posted.

Somebody, start posting TWEWY fan art. I need some reaction images for this show.
>>
>>337068563
>>Favourite partner
Joshua
>>Favourite boss
Iron maiden
>>Favourite day
Last day
>>Favourite story element
Either who shot neku or composer jesus
>>Favourite pin
Wolf, Lolita Chopper, Lightning Rook
>>
>>337073556

Sequel never. The closest you can get to more content is licking the screen when Neku shows up in 358/2 Days

Also, hope you liked the secret boss battle
>>
>>337068307

Are you the same fucking retard who made a thread complaining that the controls were too hard when you were still in the tutorial?

Didn't you get told to go fuck yourself hard enough the first time? Why the fuck are you back for more?

Clearly you are too retarded for this game so just play something more suited to your skills, like pokemon or something.
>>
>>337073556

>I actually read them all already though. Because I knew I wouldn't be able to contain myself.

Way to be an idiot. The reports are handed out in specific orders to make you guess and second-guess yourself for hours as you unlock them.
>>
>>337074135
Don't remind me of how they fucked up teaming up with Neku and Beat. It hurts man.
>>
>>337074451
I knew someone would say something like this but the thing is that I had been spoiled on stuff in them to begin with so I didn't really care. Its not like it didn't make any sense to me.
>>
>>337074675
Oh and also I would have not read them at all until I got them all anyway.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.